RegisterDonateLogin

The Kyle Katarn of intergalactic dairy products.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Ironic Moments in SWM? Options
CrunchBite
Posted: Sunday, November 21, 2010 6:36:29 AM
Groups: Member

The purpose of this thread is self-explanatory: to share tales of moments of great irony in SWM, whether they happened to you, and opponent, or a friend.

Example: A couple weeks back, I used Juno Eclipse to finish off my buddy's VAU. The look on his face was priceless...
Cordova
Posted: Sunday, November 21, 2010 7:14:36 AM

I had a Youngling land a glorious Crit on Vader. That was pretty sweet.
yuuzhanvonghunter
Posted: Sunday, November 21, 2010 7:22:35 AM

I used grenades 5 times from Boussh Ubese Hunter, and they all missed the Imperial Sentinel, then the Sentinel killed him. The Irony!!!!!
swinefeld
Posted: Sunday, November 21, 2010 10:05:41 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

My full HP Whorm Loathsom was taken out by 3 uggie demos in 4 activations.

Those little guys were on fire!
Demosthenes
Posted: Sunday, November 21, 2010 10:07:46 AM

My General Wedge Antilles took four shots from two IG-86s and made two separate Avoid Defeat saves. Uggie runs up and actually hits him, and he fails the save, thus dying. Oy!
swinefeld
Posted: Monday, November 22, 2010 1:52:54 AM

swinefeld wrote:
My full HP Whorm Loathsom was taken out by 3 uggie demos in 4 activations.

Those little guys were on fire!

Oh, and the really ironic part was that Whorm missed twice trying to take out the uggie that ended up putting 30 damage on him. :P
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Monday, November 22, 2010 3:35:07 AM

Sealed JA tourney: Darth Sidious, Sith Master attacking an adjacent 20HP Jensaari Defender. Needs 6 or higher to hit; has Triple with 2 force points...basically 5 attacks if needed. If Defender is defeated, I go on to next level in tournament.

I start rolling: hit with a 14, Defender makes the armor save and is down to 10HP, next roll is 4, then 3, reroll the 3 to roll a 2, re-reroll with last FP to roll a 4!!! So Defender lives and I lose.

Irony: I could have just spent the 2 FPs to use Lightning...auto 30 damage and 20 even if armor save is made. Oy-ve!!!
swinefeld
Posted: Monday, November 22, 2010 5:02:48 AM

imyurhukaberry wrote:
Irony: I could have just spent the 2 FPs to use Lightning...auto 30 damage and 20 even if armor save is made. Oy-ve!!!

You've been looking at my playbook haven't you? Razz
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Monday, November 22, 2010 6:51:01 AM

A couple more:
Bacara camping out on a corner thinking he is safe due to SuperStealth, until Mira uses Force Sense to take him out.

First two activations of game: 1) Juggernaut blasts open a door across the entire map; 2) Mira then blasts an Uggie in the middle of an entire squad of SuperStealthed characters. (gotta love Twin Accurate Splash)

Same game above: second phase, oppenent charges a full health Palpatine Sith Lord out into the open trying to pull a Betrayal. Boba BH takes the chance and rolls a 20.

Sealed Legacy: ERC overrides a door open across the map, Legacy Luke lights up a Kel Dor BH in the middle of the opponents entire squad...leaving two out of eight characters. (this is also the first two activations of the game)

Mandalore the Idomitable moves out of adjacent to an Ug Demo only to get the big 20 put on him...and then losing said Mandalore to a Mara assault at the beginning of next round.

Boba Merc sitting on a catwalk on Mustafar with Obi on Boga running around and not being able to reach him. (so much for wall climbing)

Yoda CS locked in a room by Boba Merc...last two standing. Yoda makes all his Reflect saves and defeats Boba.

And last, but most classic:
Epic battle on downloaded/printed Kashyyyk map (44x34)...came down to Boba Merc getting shot up by Accurate shooters. He runs and hides inside a building and starts sniping other characters. He is down to 10HP. He attempts to take out a 20HP Yoda CS after Revan lit him up. Yoda Reflects and defeats Boba Merc with his own shot. Revan ran off the map crying.
Durge4-LOM
Posted: Sunday, November 28, 2010 11:39:45 AM

Vader, Jedi hunter on one squad at 10hp, while I had lobot, CLO, and a rodian diplomat with grenades. finally hit vader, but use FP to re-roll save that would of killed him. THE ANGER!
General Ed
Posted: Monday, December 13, 2010 5:43:29 AM

At the New Jersey Regional I had a Separatist droid squad with 3 Chameleon Droids. I had no successful mines on anyone all tournament and missed more then 50% of my shots. Needless to say I came in dead last and only one 1 game. Some how nearly beat Grand Master Luke with a swarm of Battle Droids. Huh How did that happen? In test I gave Jim a run for his money and had him worried.
hothie
Posted: Monday, December 13, 2010 6:42:22 AM

I remember one time I had a Jango Fett kill Mace Windu. Also a swarm of ewoks killing Vader JH was hilarious.
yuuzhanvonghunter
Posted: Monday, December 13, 2010 9:17:06 AM

when i could have killed nym if i made 1 attack i hit, i had 2 attacks, needed a six to kill him and win the game, rolled a 3 and a 5.Cursing
swinefeld
Posted: Monday, December 13, 2010 9:33:26 AM

hothie wrote:
I remember one time I had a Jango Fett kill Mace Windu.

Now THAT is irony. I guess Mace just lost his head in that battle. Razz
Darth_Jim
Posted: Monday, December 13, 2010 11:11:43 AM

This year's New Jersey Regional: I am playing my son in the semifinals. I'm running Vader Scourge, Arica, and Potty Palps...he has yet another version of a Rebel Boba BH Cannon. At the end of the first round I position Arica to take out Juno at the beginning of the next round. I do and run her around the corner. He gets to her with Boba and disintegrates her. I fight back all game with one signifigant damage dealer and take an 18pt lead by trading Ozzel for an ERC. He has one attack left with Boba...he gets LOS on Potty Palps. He stands up and says "I need a 20 or I lose." 20. Game over.

He's in college and I can't even ground him.
cicrush13
Posted: Monday, December 13, 2010 11:23:14 PM

Darth_Jim wrote:
This year's New Jersey Regional: I am playing my son in the semifinals. I'm running Vader Scourge, Arica, and Potty Palps...he has yet another version of a Rebel Boba BH Cannon. At the end of the first round I position Arica to take out Juno at the beginning of the next round. I do and run her around the corner. He gets to her with Boba and disintegrates her. I fight back all game with one signifigant damage dealer and take an 18pt lead by trading Ozzel for an ERC. He has one attack left with Boba...he gets LOS on Potty Palps. He stands up and says "I need a 20 or I lose." 20. Game over.

He's in college and I can't even ground him.

OH SNAP!!! Talk about last second heroics!
Weeks
Posted: Sunday, December 26, 2010 11:30:38 PM

Every game i've had against BFBH i've had a piece get Disentagrated. 3 Games in a row at a tourney my Arica got 20's rolled on her. I also won all those games lol.
yuuzhanvonghunter
Posted: Monday, December 27, 2010 12:47:48 AM

I had a really small one on one fight. A T-1 Series Bulk loader droid, and a talz chieftain. Guess who one? the talz chieftain. i made one attack hit, but then i couldnt even make 2. then he killed me like 8 or 9 turns.
yuuzhanvonghunter
Posted: Wednesday, December 29, 2010 1:20:39 AM

So, at the end of a game, it was Nom Anor left, no more nom bombs, and a jedi crusader, she had 10 hp left, nom had 20 left. at the end of the game, she got adjacent, but then it was noms turn. i was nom, i rolled a 1! a miss! the crusader needed an 8, she rolled a two! then i rolled a 12! Yahoo! i barely won!
Lily_Wan
Posted: Sunday, January 2, 2011 12:28:44 PM

Universe days. I remember my Ewok recklessly attacking a wounded Rancor and finishing it off with a crit.

And more ironic... the Yuuzhan Vong faction got a great boost from a droid (mouse).