RegisterDonateLogin

Will consume you, as it did Obi-Wan's apprentice.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Portland Games Options
Lily_Wan
Posted: Monday, April 25, 2011 11:56:11 AM
Groups: Member

The way I understand it, you build two different 100 pt competitive squads. Choose one for your first match-up. As you move on, you can choose to stick with that squad, switch to the second squad you brought or alternate. I have no idea why they're doing it this way.

EDIT: First post updated with some info.
Azavander
Posted: Monday, April 25, 2011 11:35:59 PM

I sent out a message to my group and see if anyone is intrested in going up, as far as maps go using the current SWMGA rules OPen restricted? I assume V-set legal? Sorry for all the questions I just want to make sure that if we can make it we don't show up with a bunch of stuff and people are like WTH. SInce you are working with an older group not sure about some of the new stuff.
Yoto_Yoto
Posted: Tuesday, April 26, 2011 3:38:35 AM

The impression I get is that Andy's group have been away from the game for a while and wanted a reunion. They aren't active on these boards and my guess would be they aren't aware of the V-sets. I'll shoot him an email later on and see what he had in mind for maps.
Yoto_Yoto
Posted: Tuesday, April 26, 2011 8:26:57 AM

Bit of a tangent to the Hoth recreation:
I made up a list of figures I thought would be appropriate for Hoth. If there is anything on the list which shouldn't be or anything missing you think should be there let me know:

IMPERIALS

Admiral Ozzel
Admiral Piett
AT-AT Driver
AT-AT Walker
AT-ST
Blizzard Scout 1
Darth Vader (Any Version)
Elite AT-AT Driver
Elite Snowtrooper
General Veers (Either)
Imperial Officer
Probe Droid
Snowtrooper
Snowtrooper Commander
Snowtrooper with E-Web Blaster

REBELS

2-1B
C-3PO
Chewbacca (Any version)
Elite Hoth Trooper
General Rieekan (with a rule change)
Han Solo of Some Description
Golan Arms DF.9 Anti-Infantry Battery
Hoth Trooper
Hoth Trooper Officer
Hoth Trooper with Atgar Cannon
Hoth Trooper with Repeating Blaster Cannon
K-3PO
Leia Organa of some description)
Luke (Snow Speeder and/or Unleashed)
Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi Spirit
R2-D2
Rebel Captain? (Hoth Jacket, Tantive Helmet)
Rebel Officer
Rebel Pilot
Rebel Snowspeeder
Rebel Trooper on Tauntaun
Wedge Antilles (plain or Red Two)
Wedge's Snowspeeder
Bacta Tank

NEUTRAL

Wampa

My preference would be to try to write up some balanced lists ahead of time that make the most use of however many hoth appropriate characters we can scrap together. I feel like we should go into it in a more scenario and less competitive frame of mind. The AT-AT doesn't really have any business being in a competitive squad, but we should field as many as we have. My, Lily_Wan, and Cassekiel's collections are on this site (and a quick inventory suggests we've got all the uniques we might want), but does Jedioompaloompa have an AT-AT? I have vague memories of someone saying he did.

It does look like no one has Luke's Snowspeeder though. I'd love to see some sort of special rule that would let Wedge and Luke bail out of their speeders if destroyed and continue on foot.

Lily_Wan, could you bring whatever rules came with the AT-AT this weekend? I'm curious to see what the Wizard's scenario looked like.
Yoto_Yoto
Posted: Tuesday, April 26, 2011 12:11:19 PM

I got a response from Andy saying any map is fine, to work something out with opponent. It's really something pretty informal they have in mind, calling it a tournament may be a bit misleading, best to just think of it as a get together to play around.
Yoto_Yoto
Posted: Saturday, May 7, 2011 3:15:28 PM

Who's on for next week? Just wondering who to expect.
JediOompaloompa
Posted: Monday, May 9, 2011 3:55:50 AM

I'm coming yoto, I'll have the cards for those mini's for you, if this is just a formal thing maybe we should try arrange a regional sometime I think we could maybe get a few people interested
Lily_Wan
Posted: Monday, May 9, 2011 5:09:23 AM

I'll be there next week.
ChadB
Posted: Monday, May 9, 2011 6:58:21 AM

JediOompaloompa wrote:
I'm coming yoto, I'll have the cards for those mini's for you, if this is just a formal thing maybe we should try arrange a regional sometime I think we could maybe get a few people interested

If you guys put together a regional (or similar type event) in Portland I'd do my best to make it and encourage other Seattle area folks to come down.

Just sayin'...
keith
Posted: Monday, May 9, 2011 3:11:32 PM

ChadB wrote:
JediOompaloompa wrote:

If you guys put together a regional (or similar type event) in Portland I'd do my best to make it and encourage other Seattle area folks to come down.

Just sayin'...

Make that 2 Washingtonians!
Yoto_Yoto
Posted: Tuesday, May 10, 2011 3:12:04 AM

No reason we couldn't. What would ya'll like to see to justify making the trip? 200pts, DCI floor rules, V-sets, and map restrictions? Anything else?
ChadB
Posted: Tuesday, May 10, 2011 4:20:37 AM

Yoto_Yoto wrote:
No reason we couldn't. What would ya'll like to see to justify making the trip? 200pts, DCI floor rules, V-sets, and map restrictions? Anything else?

My only other request would be for a late June date (the 18th or 25th), that way my wife and I could make a weekend out of it.
JediOompaloompa
Posted: Tuesday, May 10, 2011 4:32:50 AM

we should have referees dressed up as stormtroopers cause the kids that play pokemon have referees.. they have guys with referee shirts on with pokeballs on, I saw a couple smoking outside... great impression for the kids
JediOompaloompa
Posted: Tuesday, May 10, 2011 4:50:08 AM

Seriously though maybe this sat after our wee tournament/get together we can all sit down and discuss it, guardian games has plenty of room, especially of we let them know in advance, the cave serves beer and maybe if it hot when we have it we can have a star wars BBQ?
We all have partners who can all meet and talk about normal stuff while we talk about Star Wars :o)
Lilly's pretty much the head of our sat group so chad maybe shoot her a pm, we can see what we need to do and advertise over on gamers etc.
cassekiel
Posted: Tuesday, May 10, 2011 10:59:26 AM

Hey everyone,

Just letting you all know I won't be there for a couple weeks, had some things come up. Work has been completely insane and I've had to work on Saturdays. ThumbDown and Cursing

Regarding the potential 200 point tourney: I'm all for it. I'm not a fan of the vset but won't have any problems with anyone who uses those pieces. I'll be in touch next time I can come back.

@Jedioompa...

Refs dressed as stormtroopers would be awesome. I have a really good Darth Nihilus costume that I made for Halloween but I wouldn't be able to see to play!!!

JediOompaloompa
Posted: Wednesday, May 11, 2011 5:30:25 AM

Thats pretty awesome! I'm putting the finishing touches on my Boba fett costume, I'll put pictures up when I do
cassekiel
Posted: Wednesday, May 11, 2011 2:40:17 PM

Would LOVE to see that! You'll have to show me how you make the helmet as I've always wanted to make a mandalorian costume
Lily_Wan
Posted: Wednesday, May 11, 2011 3:11:18 PM

Heart your costume, cassekiel. Mando Mercs website has a lot of costuming info. I started making a wookiee costume a few years ago but never finished. It was a tedious weaving job. Artificial hair woven through fishnet over a muscle-suit. The mask was fun to make, though. Here's a pic.
cassekiel
Posted: Thursday, May 12, 2011 12:08:21 PM

That's really awesome Lily. Honestly that photo looks better than a lot of wookiee costomes I've seen. Nice work. I've seen the Mando Mercs website before. Pretty good stuff. When I made the Nihilus costume I looked at a lot of sites like that then I just decided to have a go at the mask in my own way and it worked out.

Lily_Wan
Posted: Friday, May 13, 2011 2:40:44 AM

Here's the Hoth scenario:
Part 1
Part 2