RegisterDonateLogin

As wise as Master Yoda and as powerful as Master Windu.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Very Important - V-Set Funding Thread. Please Read!!!!! ESPECIALLY IF YOU HAVE ALREADY DONATED Options
Cordova
Posted: Tuesday, May 10, 2011 8:35:40 AM
Groups: Member

Lobotnik wrote:
Cordova wrote:
As above.

Also, can we donate in installments, based upon our own money...
I mean, I would like to donate the $50 and UK postage, but I can't afford to in one go...

Paypal charge per transaction, so it would be best to save up the money and pay in one go.

Arse.
I doubt I'll have $50 lying around in less than a month.
Ruhk
Posted: Tuesday, May 10, 2011 9:10:03 AM

eMouse wrote:
billiv15 wrote:
Yes, please escalate from a dispute to a "claim". For those past the 45 days, a suggestion was made on Gamers to try a dispute with your credit card company as well.

Unfortunately, that still leaves anyone who paid with anything other than a credit card SOL.

We are still working -behind the scenes- to try to ensure that all the money previously donated gets to the right place.
Darthbane53
Posted: Tuesday, May 10, 2011 9:37:11 AM

Did I read correctly that if you make one of the minis for the epic card set you get the set for free?
Ruhk
Posted: Tuesday, May 10, 2011 9:43:05 AM

not sure what you are refering to.. quote the section please.

At GenCon, the Epics are being released in two sealed tournaments, you will get the complete set as a part of the entrance fee.
Darthbane53
Posted: Tuesday, May 10, 2011 9:47:30 AM

On the customs page billiv posted asking for people to make customs for him for the sets at gencon.
billiv15
Posted: Tuesday, May 10, 2011 10:59:28 AM

I'm offering a set of Epic cards to anyone who makes one of the customs, that is correct. But it better be worth my $15 darn it!

@Dreadtech - sorry about that, and guys, if you don't have $50, donate what you can. Every little bit helps. This is still set up like last time, in that will attempt to get anyone who wants cards, cards, regardless of how much they donated. So if $20 is all you can do, so be it. For the UK guys, I'd suggest pms to Cerus and perhaps you guys can work something out together. I don't need extra shipping for each of you, just for the one package we will send to him. However much shipping was last time is all we need in total, for the whole group. Sorry if that was confusing.
Azman
Posted: Tuesday, May 10, 2011 11:19:48 AM

I donated last time... and added extra postage to both dean and sashlon....

am considering doing so again, as I love the real card feel !

Will all three sets also be available for download ????
billiv15
Posted: Tuesday, May 10, 2011 11:20:26 AM

Azman wrote:

Will all three sets also be available for download ????

yes
kezzamachine
Posted: Tuesday, May 10, 2011 6:33:20 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I'm rounding up the Save11 (New Zealand) guys and then we'll click the donate button!
trey22
Posted: Tuesday, May 10, 2011 11:14:31 PM

Qvos and I will round up donations from our small group here in the Detriot, MI area.

I already donated to the new account.

As for the original donation, I'm filing a dispute claim w/ my CC company (Discover) to recover those funds, and if recovered will be donated right back for V-Set 2. The Paypal dispute/claim went nowhere as they closed it immediately since it was more than 45 days (**shakes fist furiously at Paypal**)
billiv15
Posted: Wednesday, May 11, 2011 12:15:16 AM

trey22 wrote:
Qvos and I will round up donations from our small group here in the Detriot, MI area.

I already donated to the new account.

As for the original donation, I'm filing a dispute claim w/ my CC company (Discover) to recover those funds, and if recovered will be donated right back for V-Set 2. The Paypal dispute/claim went nowhere as they closed it immediately since it was more than 45 days (**shakes fist furiously at Paypal**)

Thank you, if you have any issues getting your funds back over the next month, send me a PM and we will make sure we account for it. I've been really inspired the by willingness of everyone thus far to do as we've asked, considering the circumstances are difficult.
obsidian7788
Posted: Wednesday, May 11, 2011 2:59:06 AM

I'll be on board tommorow with a $50 donation. Hopefully paypal refunds me. Thank you for the info. I love how the game is staying alive and well.
adamb0nd
Posted: Wednesday, May 11, 2011 3:07:10 AM

I I have submitted my claim. I must say my confidence in this project is shaken, and if I do not recieve a refund, i do not know that i'll be backing another project for this community. Its unfortunate, but I don't feel like these projects should be such a gamble.

If I get the refund, ill redonate shortly.
billiv15
Posted: Wednesday, May 11, 2011 3:44:29 AM

adamb0nd wrote:
I I have submitted my claim. I must say my confidence in this project is shaken, and if I do not recieve a refund, i do not know that i'll be backing another project for this community. Its unfortunate, but I don't feel like these projects should be such a gamble.

If I get the refund, ill redonate shortly.

Certainly understand the sentiment, but the problems are not related to any of us currently working on the project. We've also taken the necessary steps to prevent something like this from happening again. Please make sure you place the blame were it lies, not improperly on others who had nothing to do with the problems, other than trying to fix them.
adamb0nd
Posted: Wednesday, May 11, 2011 4:22:25 AM

billiv15 wrote:

Certainly understand the sentiment, but the problems are not related to any of us currently working on the project. We've also taken the necessary steps to prevent something like this from happening again. Please make sure you place the blame were it lies, not improperly on others who had nothing to do with the problems, other than trying to fix them.

Thank you for the distinction. It is a good point.
Desslok
Posted: Wednesday, May 11, 2011 5:32:02 AM

A crazy question for you guys -

I hate paypal with the passion of a thousand burning suns. I'm also a luddite that still uses a checkbook. Is it possible to just drop a physical piece of paper worth 50 bucks into the mail instead? (Added bonus - the project gets even more cash since Paypal won't take a cut!)
billiv15
Posted: Wednesday, May 11, 2011 5:39:27 AM

Desslok wrote:

I hate paypal with the passion of a thousand burning suns. I'm also a luddite that still uses a checkbook. Is it possible to just drop a physical piece of paper worth 50 bucks into the mail instead? (Added bonus - the project gets even more cash since Paypal won't take a cut!)

Certainly. Contact Engineer via PM either here or on Gamers for an address.
obsidian7788
Posted: Wednesday, May 11, 2011 6:15:18 AM

billiv15 wrote:
Desslok wrote:

Certainly. Contact Engineer via PM either here or on Gamers for an address.

What is paypals cut anyways?
confute
Posted: Wednesday, May 11, 2011 6:47:23 AM

Dispute filed and just donated $150 for two complete sets.

Bill,
I think on gamers you stated you would keep us up to date on how the fundraising is going, I think that is a great idea. Especially, let us know over the next month how much has been raised, how much more we need to go.
Also, big thanks for all the work everyone is doing.
urbanjedi
Posted: Wednesday, May 11, 2011 8:12:13 AM

paypal generally takes 2.5-3.5%