RegisterDonateLogin

I ain't seen one of these websites since I was prospecting on Subterrel.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Very Important - V-Set Funding Thread. Please Read!!!!! ESPECIALLY IF YOU HAVE ALREADY DONATED Options
creme_brule
Posted: Sunday, May 15, 2011 7:02:14 AM
Groups: Member

I am SO HAPPY and grateful that i saw this thread!!! Usually I ignore these kinds of threads b/c they dont apply to me. However; decided to check this one out just for the heck of it. Very grateful for those behind-the-scenes sorting these things out. In addition; its great to see the part about the Promo SSs; which I was wondering about as well.
Ruhk
Posted: Wednesday, May 18, 2011 11:50:00 PM

Thanks to all our donors so far!

The fund is at $2,728.31 USD, we're more than half way there! Keep it up, tell your friends, we'll get this done.
adamb0nd
Posted: Thursday, May 19, 2011 1:07:36 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Paypal said i have to wait until the 22nd for a reply from Dean to get a refund. Assuming all goes well, you'll have a donation on the 23rd.
qvos
Posted: Thursday, May 19, 2011 1:10:12 AM

Same here. I should b able to donate in a fee days.
dreadtech
Posted: Friday, May 20, 2011 7:06:19 AM

OK
Looked at the link, there is a box for the amount we wish to donate. I cannot see anything else, were do we put our details, Names and Addresses? Do we need to say who our pointman is? Again if so were does this info go?

Dread
eMouse
Posted: Friday, May 20, 2011 7:11:22 AM

adamb0nd wrote:
Paypal said i have to wait until the 22nd for a reply from Dean to get a refund. Assuming all goes well, you'll have a donation on the 23rd.

Expect it to take a day or two longer.

My dispute was giving until the 19th for reply. Checked back today and that's what it still says. Probably won't go to PayPal review until next week, and I'm expecting that to maybe take a day.

I was probably one of the early ones to file their dispute, so I'll give an update when something happens.
keith
Posted: Friday, May 20, 2011 10:25:28 AM

Will be donating again the pay day after I get my $ back. This time $100 for 2 sets of all 3.

eMouse wrote:
adamb0nd wrote:

Expect it to take a day or two longer.

My dispute was giving until the 19th for reply. Checked back today and that's what it still says. Probably won't go to PayPal review until next week, and I'm expecting that to maybe take a day.

I was probably one of the early ones to file their dispute, so I'll give an update when something happens.

Still says the 19th for me too, sounds like neither one of us wasted any time filing a claim.
swinefeld
Posted: Friday, May 20, 2011 11:42:02 AM

dreadtech wrote:
OK
Looked at the link, there is a box for the amount we wish to donate. I cannot see anything else, were do we put our details, Names and Addresses? Do we need to say who our pointman is? Again if so were does this info go?

Dread

As you go through the process, there should be a link to click to add instructions/message to the "seller". You can add some info there, but in any case you should find the thread on Gamers for your pointman and let them know what you donated and what you are requesting in the thread for your area.

http://www.swmgamers.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=213

Hope that helps.
keith
Posted: Friday, May 20, 2011 2:39:37 PM

Sweet!
Claim has been closed in my favor.
$ is back in PayPal account.
dreadtech
Posted: Saturday, May 21, 2011 7:22:57 AM

OK
Made my donation.
tonythetoyman
Posted: Saturday, May 21, 2011 3:03:34 PM

I think in the future we should go back to kickstart so things like this don't happen. The PayPal system is clearly open to problems and/or abuses, and I think we need something we can count on and that protects us even if it costs us more. I donated right away with funds already in my account, so I can't file a claim or contact my credit card company. I'm going to call paypal tomorrow to see what I can do (I'll let you know if I find out anything worthwhile).

If people who donated early can't get refunds for some reason, I would really like the folks in charge now to consider providing sets to those who can prove they donated by sending their paypal receipt. I paid $35, and would gladly donate another $15 to get it up to $50. But, to ask me to donate another $50 on top of the $35 seems wrong (especially since I paid it to SWGamers in the first place, and SWGamers still seems to be in charge of it).

We gave out free sets last time, and I know that will be hard this time. But, there has to be a way to make sure people who contributed early and can't get a refund still get a set in a way that is not cost prohibitive.

Ruhk
Posted: Saturday, May 21, 2011 11:41:45 PM

-Kickstarter sucks for a project like this. We literally only got about half of the donated amount from the first one (there was 3100 pledged, and i think we only got ~1600)

-There are 4 people in charge of the new paypal account. I am one of them, so if the money goes missing, you can start screaming at me for one. Those who donated before the account switch, and who were unable to file a claim will still get a printed set. It's not your fault that we can't get the money.

-Sets will still be given out for free, the donations are to cover printing and shipping. It will work essentially like this; Those who donate get priority, and are assured of a complete printed set of all 3 new sets. anyone else can still request sets.

I know you were one of the earlier donors Tony, and can't file a claim. We haven't given up on trying to get the money all transfered over, but don't worry. You'll get a set. :)
tonythetoyman
Posted: Sunday, May 22, 2011 3:42:31 AM

I just spoke with PayPal. I have been a member for 10 years and have done $1000s of dollars of business with them. So, as a "professional courtesy" they gave me my $35 back (they did not give it to me from the "Chase Miller" account, but out of their slush fund or something like that -- so it was not technically a refund). But, it was a real hassle and will not be very helpful for other folks who paid over 45 days ago.

But, here is what they told me that may help all involved.

1. Everyone who contributed should file a dispute (even it it is over 45 days -- though it is easiest to get your money back if it is within 45 days).
2. They are now looking at the account for fraudulent activity based on the number of disputes already filed.
3. If there are enough disputes (they didn't say how many) and they find that there is reason to suspect fraud (i.e., that people will not get what they paid for or that the money was not used for the intended purpose), it is possible for them to give refunds to folks who paid over 45 days ago.

So, I encourage everyone who has not already done so to file a dispute ASAP. Nothing is guaranteed, but it sounds like it could definitely help more folks get their money back.

@Ruhk, Thanks... I appreciate Kickstart sucks (high commission and lots of opportunity for people to back out). But, obviously this new system is not without it's problems (I definitely appreciate the extra precaution of adding 4 people's names to the account, but that system is still not perfect for a variety of reasons... though, I accept it for now). But, hopefully we can all keep our eyes open for a better system in the future.

Now that I got my $35 back, I just sent a donation for $50 to the new account as I remain excited about the vSets and am looking forward to getting these three sets of cards. Thanks to everyone for their hard work dealing with what is obviously an unfortunate development. And, I'm especially glad those who may not be able to get a refund will still be able to get a set of cards.
qvos
Posted: Monday, May 23, 2011 11:49:36 AM

I just sent in my donation for $50.00 . I'm still waiting for paypal and once that comes through I can send those funds in. Thank you guys!
dreadtech
Posted: Tuesday, May 24, 2011 12:14:08 AM

I have been asked when the cut off date is?
cicrush13
Posted: Tuesday, May 24, 2011 4:44:06 AM

Just got my refund and re submitted my donation for $40.

This may have been addressed but what $$$ value donation gets you the Epic figs and BOT?
Ruhk
Posted: Tuesday, May 24, 2011 5:38:29 AM

"For 1 set of RaR, $30 minimum. For RaR and BoT $35 minimum. For one set of RaR, BoT and the Epic Micro Set, $50 minimum."

pretty please :D

but if you can't.. don't worry too much about it.. we're just not planning on giving copies of Epic to someone who donates $5..
cicrush13
Posted: Tuesday, May 24, 2011 5:55:28 AM

Ruhk wrote:
"For 1 set of RaR, $30 minimum. For RaR and BoT $35 minimum. For one set of RaR, BoT and the Epic Micro Set, $50 minimum."

but if you can't.. don't worry too much about it.. we're just not planning on giving copies of Epic to someone who donates $5..

Totally understood. I just can't go above $40 for the moment. I can spot another $10 in another week.
ArtemisCFrog43
Posted: Tuesday, May 24, 2011 5:55:38 AM

Ruhk wrote:

So what if a guy, like me, has a new baby and can only swing $20? I love supporting the game, but only have so much money to put into it.

Will all of the cards be available to download in PDF form like the last set?
kalos
Posted: Tuesday, May 24, 2011 6:05:12 AM

Quote:
So what if a guy, like me, has a new baby and can only swing $20? I love supporting the game, but only have so much money to put into it.

I'm interested to hear the answer to that question too, but if necessary I can donate the additional $30 for you, ArtemisCFrog43.