RegisterDonateLogin

Powerful you have become, the Bloo Milk I sense in you.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Very Important - V-Set Funding Thread. Please Read!!!!! ESPECIALLY IF YOU HAVE ALREADY DONATED Options
FlyingArrow
Posted: Wednesday, May 11, 2011 10:57:02 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I am curious about the status of swmgamers.com. If Dean isn't currently involved enough to transfer the Paypal funds over the new group, will swmgamers.com still be running? Hopefully someone else is able to keep that going.
billiv15
Posted: Wednesday, May 11, 2011 11:08:00 AM
Groups: Member

FlyingArrow wrote:
I am curious about the status of swmgamers.com. If Dean isn't currently involved enough to transfer the Paypal funds over the new group, will swmgamers.com still be running? Hopefully someone else is able to keep that going.

The site is payed for by sponsors, and is already paid through 2012, so I don't think it's an issue. But if something does happen, we have already prepared back up plans.
AdmiralMotti89
Posted: Wednesday, May 11, 2011 11:15:15 AM

Desslok wrote:
A crazy question for you guys -

I hate paypal with the passion of a thousand burning suns. I'm also a luddite that still uses a checkbook. Is it possible to just drop a physical piece of paper worth 50 bucks into the mail instead? (Added bonus - the project gets even more cash since Paypal won't take a cut!)

If you want I can give you my great grandma's telegraph number and you can drive your Model T over to her house to play bridge. Bring your monocle because the card values are hard to read. Also make sure your handlebar mustache is well-waxed, she'd be offended if it's not. Wink
jhc36
Posted: Wednesday, May 11, 2011 12:08:21 PM

personally...I'm looking forward to the shnn. one doesn't have to be a brain surgeon to figure out what has happened...I'm ready for an unscripted radio show.
kezzamachine
Posted: Wednesday, May 11, 2011 12:12:54 PM

*phew!* I thought my lack of brain surgery training was gonna hamper me... wait, what are we talking about?
billiv15
Posted: Wednesday, May 11, 2011 12:16:07 PM

confute wrote:
Dispute filed and just donated $150 for two complete sets.

Bill,
I think on gamers you stated you would keep us up to date on how the fundraising is going, I think that is a great idea. Especially, let us know over the next month how much has been raised, how much more we need to go.
Also, big thanks for all the work everyone is doing.

Will do. We plan to do so each week during the SHNN. Now, I will do the update tomorrow, but then I'm out of the country for 2 weeks, and won't have much internet access. So Ray has said he will do the updates. Also, I think after tomorrow, the SHNN will be off the air while I'm gone, unless Jim, Les and Lou want to run it on their own. I'm sure we will say for sure tomorrow night on that part.

Someone also asked for paypal's cut. I'm been looking very carefully at it because it's not a straight percentage, more of a tiered thing. But it seems to be between 3-5%. That's about what we factored in for the 5000 goal, so things are looking great in that regard.
eMouse
Posted: Wednesday, May 11, 2011 1:14:33 PM

billiv15 wrote:
Someone also asked for paypal's cut. I'm been looking very carefully at it because it's not a straight percentage, more of a tiered thing. But it seems to be between 3-5%. That's about what we factored in for the 5000 goal, so things are looking great in that regard.

To expand on Bill's post a little, PayPal does a flat fee per transaction, plus an additional percentage based on the size of the payment, so you can only really estimate it for something like this. The more small transactions there are, the more of a cut PayPal ends up with.

Someone mentioned not having the funds at once to make a payment. If you have a PayPal account tied to your bank account, you can transfer funds from the bank account to PayPal for no charge, then when the total in PayPal is up to your goal amount, make the payment.
bkchi
Posted: Wednesday, May 11, 2011 4:17:52 PM

billiv15 wrote:
This is a community project, not a Gamers project, not a bloomilk project, but a SWMs Community project.

Will this community project have any URLs or logos on it?
obsidian7788
Posted: Wednesday, May 11, 2011 10:41:58 PM

$50 donated for RnR, BoT, Epic. under the name xdthedog4144
CerousMutor
Posted: Wednesday, May 11, 2011 10:56:28 PM

Couple of questions, well 3.

What will happen if the ammount needed is not reached?
Will the people who donate get money back if the target is not met?
What will happen to the V-sets in general if this happens?
Ruhk
Posted: Wednesday, May 11, 2011 11:57:22 PM

1. We print the set anyways, with concessions (ie, lower quantity, different quality)
2. donors will receive a printed set, regardless of the overall outcome
3. we would most likely me unable to continue with printed. Perhaps they would still be released in an online format, but that is a decision that will be made when the time comes for it. Hopefully it doesn't.

Quote:

As with DotF, the cards do have the swmgamers.com web url on them in the bottom right, I don't know what is on the back yet. Having some kind of extra information like a url is handy to be able to direct new interest. (ie where you can download a copy from or get more information).
billiv15
Posted: Thursday, May 12, 2011 5:36:50 AM

Time for the weekly fundraising update. As of 2:30PM CST we are up to a grand total of 1781.59! That represents 1/3 of the goal in 3 days of fundraising, and includes already removing Paypal's cut. Way to go guys and gals, keep it coming and we will get there in no time! Remember, your friendly neighborhood Ray will update it again the next two weeks in this thread while I am on vacation. I'm just sitting here thinking about how cool it would be if we are fully funded by the time I return in two weeks :) Thanks everyone!

Bill
CerousMutor
Posted: Thursday, May 12, 2011 5:50:02 AM

Should have

'The Force will be with you, always'

tagged on the card if we hit the taget gets hitBigGrin
swinefeld
Posted: Thursday, May 12, 2011 5:54:17 AM

Great progress! BigGrin

And I'll have some revenue coming in this week, so I'll be able to get mine in finally. BlooMilk
billiv15
Posted: Thursday, May 12, 2011 6:09:56 AM

bkchi wrote:
billiv15 wrote:
This is a community project, not a Gamers project, not a bloomilk project, but a SWMs Community project.

We kept it with the Gamers logo because that's where the cards are stored for download. Obviously if something changes with that any time, we will change the card backing. But you make a very good point that I hadn't thought of. I just looked at the Gamers url for information purposes, and while I don't want to make Les create a brand new image late in the game, I'll ask the group for set 3 what they think about it.
njarnagin
Posted: Thursday, May 12, 2011 9:19:23 AM

Donated 100. One full set for me (and one full extra for the ATL group)
Thanks guys for guiding the community through this roadblock!
R5Don4
Posted: Thursday, May 12, 2011 10:46:57 AM

Ruhk wrote:

Quote:

As with DotF, the cards do have the swmgamers.com web url on them in the bottom right, I don't know what is on the back yet. Having some kind of extra information like a url is handy to be able to direct new interest. (ie where you can download a copy from or get more information).

Any chance this detail could be rethought, due to that site's uncertain future?
Jedicartographer
Posted: Thursday, May 12, 2011 11:50:26 PM

I have to admit I'm a little confused. I'm sorry if this has been discussed.

I live in Virginia, and I want 12 sets of R&R, and BOT. I dontate 420 Dollars. Will those cards get sent to me? I'm not going to Gencon this year.

adamb0nd
Posted: Friday, May 13, 2011 12:20:30 AM

Just a point of clarification for everyone trying to get their refund:

Make sure that you dont just open a dispute. You need to escalate your dispute to a claim. I was unclear of this, and it looks like it takes about 10 days for the claim to process.

I feel fairly confident now that this will get resovled. I look forward to the new cards.
Jedicartographer
Posted: Friday, May 13, 2011 12:38:01 AM

markedman247 wrote:
I am doing the same thing as keith. I posted a dispute as "product not received" and will wait to see if I get my 40 dollars back. Being in the start of a move, it would be hard to pay the 50 as I don't know where I am going to be when the set breaks.

pm at FB sent