RegisterDonateLogin

One milk, two milk, red milk, Bloo Milk.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Some more GAW "customs" Options
Hydrowhip
Posted: Thursday, September 10, 2009 3:44:55 PM
Groups: Member

I'm always happy to see a new set come out, but it seems that almost half the set is Republic. I'm not an active Republic collector, so maybe they'll be good trade pieces for me.

The Separatist stuff looks nice, a decent CE Asajj and Whurm should have a nice CE as well. I'm hoping the battle droids are somewhat different and not just reposed reprints. Another GG? Really? I mean I like versatility, but .. another one really?

I can't say I'm in a Christmas day kind of mode about this set, but I'm always happy to see a new one come out. A new set means I get to go to a tourney with a great group of local players and test my amazing noob skills on the mini maps.
Sithfan
Posted: Thursday, September 10, 2009 3:50:34 PM

I thought I'd post the close ups that i could find here too....

B3 Ultra Battle Droid

General Grievous Scourge of the Jedi

R7 Astromech Droid

Commander Ahsoka

General Skywalker

A4-Series Lab Droid

LR-57 Combat Droid

General Whorm Loathsom
Hydrowhip
Posted: Thursday, September 10, 2009 3:57:51 PM

Nice thanks for the close-ups.

I looked over at wookieepedia and it seems the R7 bot is Ahsoka's from the Battle of Ryloth. So probably Republic. So much for more/diff droids in my Sep army.
Volvagia14
Posted: Thursday, September 10, 2009 11:53:39 PM

Anakin's pose looks bad, but then again, a lot of this set has bad poses...
JayJayY
Posted: Thursday, September 10, 2009 11:58:15 PM

Tano looks Bad
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Friday, September 11, 2009 12:18:37 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I like Anakin's "Flavor Pop" lightsaber...must be Blueberry to Pineapple.

I'm with IG-108 and Sithborg...bring on the Seps (and Republic of course...but Seps definitely need it...out numbered 125 to 82).
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Friday, September 11, 2009 12:44:38 AM

oh...and the last closeup...listed as the Combat Droid...if it's not on a large base, I would be disappointed. They were pretty big compared to Anakin and Ahsoka in the movie. (edit: does look like a large...thanks Sithfan)
saeseetiin
Posted: Friday, September 11, 2009 1:20:02 AM

I see alot of people saying the set is no good but no one has seen the stats,so maybe your all jumping to conclusions.
DarthReeves
Posted: Friday, September 11, 2009 1:32:45 AM

All I care about is that I thinks I see a Clone Pilot for Odd Ball to be buddies with, and that is legit. Next up we need Rogue Squadron pilots with affinity for rebel/new rep.
thodafett
Posted: Friday, September 11, 2009 2:46:49 AM

more of a meh than a woot!
Uggie Demo
Posted: Friday, September 11, 2009 4:54:47 AM

can you post some more close ups???
Uggie Demo
Posted: Friday, September 11, 2009 5:02:56 AM

Bob Chizo wrote:
thetardis wrote:
Mandalore Da Beast wrote:
i guess im the only one who is dissappointed in this set.

You´re not the only one.

WE DON'T NEED ANY MORE CLONE WARS SETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing Mandos,Vong, NR,OR, Sith, maybe even Rebels or Imps... BUT NO CLONE WARS!

I half agree, no more clone war pieces, but I'm also getting tired of the Imp/Rebs too(more then the CW stuff) this is the 3rd CW set, and we now have like 7+ sets of Rebs/Imps I think they should put some more support into: OR, Vong, Sith, Mandos(cheaper filler pieces) I dont think we need mor NR, that faction is already tier 1 as is.
But really they should stop with the Rebs/Imps and CW stuff, I've noticed a pattern in the sets:
Clone wars era(CW)
Rebelion era(IE)
EU(JA)
then they repeat that pattern
Clone Wars era(GaW)
Rebelion era(Dark Times)
EU(MOTF)
Jonnyb815
Posted: Friday, September 11, 2009 5:28:03 AM

before CW the seps or Republic didnt have a set made to them since COTF. Seps was ROTS. The Republic need more beats since GOWK is gone. They have swaps and Gungan squads thats about it. I dont know why every one hates on OT and CW they sell. yes EU stuff does well but a lot of people dont read the books or comics or play the games.They like OT or CW. WOTC is a business they are going to do what they think will sell. The main 5 are getting a little more but thats how it should be. Sith,vong,OR and mandos are minor factions thats how its been from the start. I play Republic Rebels Seps and Empire the most. They are what I grew up with. I could care less about the sith vong OR and Mandos.
JA give the sith what they needed
OR get a lot better
Vong got some new filler.

Each faction got about a little more than what it has in the past or at least top tier-two tier minis.
madslaust
Posted: Friday, September 11, 2009 5:49:06 AM

Jonnyb815 wrote:
before CW the seps or Republic didnt have a set made to them since COTF. Seps was ROTS. The Republic need more beats since GOWK is gone. They have swaps and Gungan squads thats about it. I dont know why every one hates on OT and CW they sell. yes EU stuff does well but a lot of people dont read the books or comics or play the games.They like OT or CW. WOTC is a business they are going to do what they think will sell. The main 5 are getting a little more but thats how it should be. Sith,vong,OR and mandos are minor factions thats how its been from the start. I play Republic Rebels Seps and Empire the most. They are what I grew up with. I could care less about the sith vong OR and Mandos.
OR get a lot better

Each faction got about a little more than what it has in the past or at least top tier-two tier minis.

I agree, as I've said elsewhere:

madslaust wrote:

OT sells.

PT sells.

Sith sell.

Guys with a helmet fetish and Cenobites stolen from Hellraiser? Not so much.
Sithfan
Posted: Friday, September 11, 2009 7:02:14 AM

so just from going by the base thickness to diameter ratio it looks like that the B3 Ultra Battle Droid and the LR-57 Combat Droid will be on Large bases while the R7 Astromech Droid will be on a small one.
I really hope that the B3 Ultra Battle Droid will be ridiculous (but expensive to match)...
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Friday, September 11, 2009 7:24:39 AM

Looks like a good assessment to me.
IG-108
Posted: Friday, September 11, 2009 8:07:57 AM

Jonnyb815 wrote:
OR get a lot better

Jonnyb, you are my hero right now.

Sithfan wrote:
so just from going by the base thickness to diameter ratio it looks like that the B3 Ultra Battle Droid and the LR-57 Combat Droid will be on Large bases while the R7 Astromech Droid will be on a small one.
I really hope that the B3 Ultra Battle Droid will be ridiculous (but expensive to match)...

Here's my guess for the Ultra (if uncommon)

Large Base
Cost- between 20-35
HP: Between 40-80
Attack: Between 10-15
Def: Between 16-20
Dmg: 20
Special abilities: Double Attack
Flamethrower
Missiles 20

The density projector thing it has might be included as a new special ability, but I don't know.
Jediabiwan
Posted: Friday, September 11, 2009 11:13:34 AM

Jonnyb815 wrote:
OR get a lot better

I totally agree with you! Really, why does everyone hate Rep/Sep. I can understand wanting more for the EU factions, but we DO NOT need more OT pieces. I forgive having an OT set (and to a lesser extent the CW one, but I'm happy with it) though because it will sell and get/keep people in the game. The CW set got 4 new kids at my school into the game which doubled our group's size.
Dr. Destructo
Posted: Friday, September 11, 2009 12:33:21 PM

I don't wanna be a PT hater, but if I have a bias it's likely tied to the fact that the PT f'd up alot of supposed cannon, made Boba a clone, and Anakin became the king of moody whiny kids rather than the bad a** we all hoped he'd be. Beyond that, the battle droids bug me because they must have the worst programmers in the history of computers and AI. Why would any programmer give those droids any level of personality if they're designed to kill? And what's with the delayed reactions they tend to have? One would think that a well made droid would 'see' the jedi then attack rather than 'see' pause, say "hey, it's a jedi" while another one says "what's that, I don't see anything?" while the other gets cut in half. Also, how can anyone in the PT have an R7 unit droid if they were desigened in the NR era to function with the E-wing? Lame. I really want to love the PT, but there's just too much about it that bugs the hell out of me.

and before you say it, I don't mind sets like this, some people love this era and I can respect that. I just wanted to explain to some of you guys why some of us have some issues with the PT era.
monni316
Posted: Friday, September 11, 2009 1:07:19 PM

One more rarity to add... I got a note from the seller today that Ahsoka is a Very Rare ...didn't give me the cost this time, though. Probably sick of me bugging him!

A little surprised that she's a VR again... thought they might give her the Rex treatment and make her a Rare so she's easier to get.