RegisterDonateLogin

Grant you the rank of Jedi Master, Bloo Milk does not.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Some more GAW "customs" Options
markedman247
Posted: Friday, September 11, 2009 2:29:12 PM
Groups: Member

Well, if it is done with the "Most wanted = R, while VR=potentially niche" then she fits right in. We will have yet another snotty teeny of neon color that no one really wants.

darthtyree67
Posted: Saturday, September 12, 2009 1:14:34 AM

I for one like the CW era as well. I like it so far it's hard to judge this set from just the pictures we need to see the cards before we get all upset.
Squid89
Posted: Saturday, September 12, 2009 1:46:48 AM

I do like the focused sets. It lets you collect what you really like and can skip a set if it has no interest for you. With three sets a year, you don't have to wait too long for the next one either. I like the variety of Uniques displayed taking advantage of the cartoons and maybe getting more kids into the game. I love the OT as well, but we are running out of good uniques to do, that really might add something to the game. EU sets sell well enough to the hardcore gamers and the fans of those factions, but doesn't really encourage the casual parent to pick up boosters for their kids. (Once in the LGS we were playing with all KotOR figs on the Taris map and had a hard time convincing a person it was really Star Wars. We had to get out other OT minis to show them.) So Clone War era is the hot time period for now.

As for the pics of GAW, good variety so far (looks like a duplicate clone pic and maybe the wrong magnaguard - I hope) from the cartoons and a mix of reprinted type pieces and brand new ones. Very interested in the stats and CEs especially based on a couple of the names revealed.

Kudos to all the "investigators" gathering info on the pieces.
IG-108
Posted: Saturday, September 12, 2009 10:58:56 AM

So the way I see it with those pictures is that there are 40 pics right there. That's the whole set. However, one pic is the same clone twice, and another is the magnaguard from the CW Battles set. So my question is: Who do we think that the last two pieces are?
My hope is that one of them is Poggle the Lesser.
Jediabiwan
Posted: Sunday, September 13, 2009 7:14:23 AM

IG-108 wrote:
So the way I see it with those pictures is that there are 40 pics right there. That's the whole set. However, one pic is the same clone twice, and another is the magnaguard from the CW Battles set. So my question is: Who do we think that the last two pieces are?
My hope is that one of them is Poggle the Lesser.

Plo Koon and a Tactical Droid.
Volvagia14
Posted: Sunday, September 13, 2009 7:59:42 AM

I was surprised to see no Mandos this set.
Squid89
Posted: Sunday, September 13, 2009 8:03:29 AM

Jediabiwan wrote:

Plo Koon and a Tactical Droid.

That would be good in my book. I was really hoping for a Tactical Droid that gives the Seps a nice boost. A Plo Koon upgrade would be fine although I would not mind a new character portrayed instead (maybe Ziro the Hutt or Cham Syndulla - the Twilek freedom fighter leader). The best would be Bombad Jedi JarJar (hides) BigGrin
Jonnyb815
Posted: Sunday, September 13, 2009 10:32:04 AM

Volvagia14 wrote:
I was surprised to see no Mandos this set.

why this set is still from season 1. There are no new minis that werent in season 1 for the most part.
defender390
Posted: Sunday, September 13, 2009 11:17:47 AM

I probably will not not buy very much of this. It will only help two of my factions, ones that I do not even really play. Flank Speed is much more desireable at this point. I am disappointed at the lack of diversity within the set.
Doogle126
Posted: Sunday, September 13, 2009 1:09:40 PM

saeseetiin wrote:
I see alot of people saying the set is no good but no one has seen the stats,so maybe your all jumping to conclusions.

its not that, were just being beat to death with CW stuff. I am happy for 2 thing: A new kit fisto, and a fighter grievous, but just having a bunch of pieces from republic and seperatist is getting to be too much. Not eveyone like a crap-ton of republic, its one of the friggin largest factions, and the seps are on of the best factions right now. wheres the new sith, mando's, OR (I mean PLAYABLE OR), NR commons/uncommons, and yuuzan vong? the smallest factions dont even have 15 pieces, CMON!
EmporerDragon
Posted: Sunday, September 13, 2009 1:25:34 PM

I'd hardly consider one set per year being "beaten to death". Besides, the non-core factions still wind up seeing some good support come their way via the Fringe faction and affinity (For instance, the huge boost the Vong got via the mouse droids).
IG-108
Posted: Sunday, September 13, 2009 1:33:28 PM

Doogle126 wrote:
saeseetiin wrote:
I see alot of people saying the set is no good but no one has seen the stats,so maybe your all jumping to conclusions.

its not that, were just being beat to death with CW stuff. I am happy for 2 thing: A new kit fisto, and a fighter grievous, but just having a bunch of pieces from republic and seperatist is getting to be too much. Not eveyone like a crap-ton of republic, its one of the friggin largest factions, and the seps are on of the best factions right now. wheres the new sith, mando's, OR (I mean PLAYABLE OR), NR commons/uncommons, and yuuzan vong? the smallest factions dont even have 15 pieces, CMON!

Like it's been said before by others, even though most everyone wants to see more of the smaller factions get more stuff (including myself), it won't sell as well. Especially to people coming into the game. New people will always go for stuff they are familiar with.
There's more reasons than that, but I don't even want to get started with those if I don't have to.
Doogle126
Posted: Sunday, September 13, 2009 2:03:44 PM

then for god sakes get in rebel and imperial and new republic then, just QUIT GOING TO CW!!!!!!!!!!
EmporerDragon
Posted: Sunday, September 13, 2009 2:19:09 PM

Doogle126 wrote:
then for god sakes get in rebel and imperial and new republic then, just QUIT GOING TO CW!!!!!!!!!!

They won't. With the change to 40-mini sets, there's a pattern now: First there's a PT set focusing on Republic and Separatists, then an OT set, focusing on Rebels and Imperials, finally there's a grab bag set with most factions represented, but with a general nod towards the minor factions (New Republic, Vong, Sith, Old Republic, and Mandalorians)

Rebels and Imperials will be back in the next OT set, Dark Times and New Republic will be back in the next grab bag set, Masters of the Force. Then the pattern will repeat itself again for Set P, which will most likely feature characters from Clone Wars season 2.
Biggsy
Posted: Monday, September 14, 2009 1:32:00 AM

IG-108 wrote:
Like it's been said before by others, even though most everyone wants to see more of the smaller factions get more stuff (including myself), it won't sell as well. Especially to people coming into the game. New people will always go for stuff they are familiar with.
There's more reasons than that, but I don't even want to get started with those if I don't have to.

Maybe this will actually change once a lot of players get hooked on the Old Republic MMORPG? I think that at least the OR and Sith will get some love.
sunwrought
Posted: Monday, September 14, 2009 2:29:29 AM

Kit Fisto looks awesome.
obsidian7788
Posted: Monday, September 14, 2009 4:03:34 AM

we need to educate the newer players. everyone recomend wookipedia. maybe that will help. I was at least hoping for some other factions to be represented not just seps and rep. just like in previous 40 piece sets. they seemed to squeeze in some pieces from other factions. funny though theres what maybe 2 fringe peices in this set.
Volvagia14
Posted: Monday, September 14, 2009 4:34:04 AM

Well I play Imperial, New Republic and Republic, so this set will, hopefully, help my Republic team, and the fringe characters might be good. So I am waiting to judge characters 'till we see stats.
Lobar Aybock
Posted: Monday, September 14, 2009 7:28:19 AM

Yeah this set is a tad boring. Rex and Bane look cool though, and I do like the Anakin pose (I still haven't seen an Anakin worth getting though). Why does Kit Fisto have two lightsabers?
Roque Saber
Posted: Monday, September 14, 2009 8:58:58 AM

In the CW cartoon episode "The Lair of General Grevious", Fisto took Nahdar Vebb's lightsaber after he was killed by Greivous. He used two sabers for the remainder of the episode. Looks pretty cool if you ask me...