It's exactly what it sounds like.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Some more GAW "customs" Options
Robin
Posted: Thursday, September 17, 2009 10:45:19 AM
Groups: Member

Nightwalker wrote:
Mandalore Da Beast wrote:
i love my republic army to pieces, but i am tired of the whole CW era stuff.
if they are going to make more CW stuff, they need to come out with more competitive pieces then just the generic filler.
yes, GGDAC, Rex, Yobuck and the new Assaj are nice, but they dont pack the punch that Riekkan, Madine, Thrawn and Dash do.
alls im saying is, if Wizards want to keep forcing every other set of CW down our throats, then they can make it worth our while. and when i say "our", i mean us folks who are tired of CW.

Rex yobuck and ggdac DO make a serious impact in each faction they are in, and each pieve does pack a punch just as much as thrawn, dash, reikkan.

I couldn't of said it better. i know that there are some clone wars fans here (even though i don't know why anyone would like the clone wars, besides little kids that havn't seen the original movies. Or people that havn't played games like kinghts of the old republic, where its jedi vs mandalorian and jedi vs sith) Anywho i completely agree with Mandalore like i do in most cases, but this clone wars reprint of crappy pieces is just silly in my eyes.

However i don't agree with the fact that rex, yobuck, and GGDAC are as good. There not nightwalker, because if they were they would of been on the top 10 for gen-con. Or at least one of those squads would of made it on the top 10, they didn't though which just shows you there not as good. Plain and easy.
Dr. Destructo
Posted: Thursday, September 17, 2009 10:54:53 AM

I'm not especially pro CW here, but wasn't there a Yobuck squad in top 8 at Gen Con? The only non rebel squad right?
Mickey
Posted: Thursday, September 17, 2009 12:31:54 PM

Oh man you are right. I totally forgot about the tv series. Ok so this is awesome. We have all factions that should be able to get some love. I guess the NR and Vong have the novels to feed them for new stuff. There should be enough resource material for new minis for the next decade!
Sithborg
Posted: Thursday, September 17, 2009 12:35:11 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

Yodabuck did make top 8 at Gencon. Greivious is more of a 200pt piece, but a lot of the reason Rebels were top was because of maps. Just read a lot of the reports of those there.

Yodabuck, Greivious, Rex are all among the top pieces in the game. The new Obi is among them, right along with Thrawn (which did NOT top 8), Dash, Rieekan, etc. I am also not entirely convinced that Seps cannot compete at 150, they do have a tougher time, though.
Nightwalker
Posted: Thursday, September 17, 2009 1:26:50 PM

Robin wrote:
Nightwalker wrote:
Mandalore Da Beast wrote:
i love my republic army to pieces, but i am tired of the whole CW era stuff.
if they are going to make more CW stuff, they need to come out with more competitive pieces then just the generic filler.
yes, GGDAC, Rex, Yobuck and the new Assaj are nice, but they dont pack the punch that Riekkan, Madine, Thrawn and Dash do.
alls im saying is, if Wizards want to keep forcing every other set of CW down our throats, then they can make it worth our while. and when i say "our", i mean us folks who are tired of CW.

Rex yobuck and ggdac DO make a serious impact in each faction they are in, and each pieve does pack a punch just as much as thrawn, dash, reikkan.

I couldn't of said it better. i know that there are some clone wars fans here (even though i don't know why anyone would like the clone wars, besides little kids that havn't seen the original movies. Or people that havn't played games like kinghts of the old republic, where its jedi vs mandalorian and jedi vs sith) Anywho i completely agree with Mandalore like i do in most cases, but this clone wars reprint of crappy pieces is just silly in my eyes.

However i don't agree with the fact that rex, yobuck, and GGDAC are as good. There not nightwalker, because if they were they would of been on the top 10 for gen-con. Or at least one of those squads would of made it on the top 10, they didn't though which just shows you there not as good. Plain and easy.

It just goes to show that those who go to GenCon and partipate in this narrow minded view of the game have no idea whats going on. Just because a squad doesn't do well at gencon does not mean tis not a competetive squad. Gencon is not the only major minis tournament out their and does not determine what the best squads are.

Try again ThumbDown
joelker41
Posted: Thursday, September 17, 2009 1:37:05 PM

Sithborg wrote:
Yodabuck did make top 8 at Gencon. Greivious is more of a 200pt piece, but a lot of the reason Rebels were top was because of maps. Just read a lot of the reports of those there.

Yodabuck, Greivious, Rex are all among the top pieces in the game. The new Obi is among them, right along with Thrawn (which did NOT top 8), Dash, Rieekan, etc. I am also not entirely convinced that Seps cannot compete at 150, they do have a tougher time, though.

The only thing keeping living Sepsfrom being top 8 worthy is maps, Teth and Taris freeze most Sep squads.

If/when those two are gone from the tourney scene San/Aurra/Dash and either Asajj or the TBSV/Jaraelcombo is right there with the best of them IMO.
Sithborg
Posted: Thursday, September 17, 2009 2:19:21 PM

Nightwalker wrote:
It just goes to show that those who go to GenCon and partipate in this narrow minded view of the game have no idea whats going on. Just because a squad doesn't do well at gencon does not mean tis not a competetive squad. Gencon is not the only major minis tournament out their and does not determine what the best squads are.

Try again ThumbDown

Umm, I am pretty certain that the bulk of the top players would also laugh at Rex, Greivious, and Yodabuck being placed below the Rebel and Imperial stuff. And really, how many other tournaments get 70+ players, playing 8? rounds. Gencon is where the best players bring their best stuff. It is a pretty blasted good indicator of what is best.
Rabid Wookiee
Posted: Friday, September 18, 2009 4:30:40 AM

Robin wrote:
i know that there are some clone wars fans here (even though i don't know why anyone would like the clone wars, besides little kids that havn't seen the original movies. Or people that havn't played games like kinghts of the old republic, where its jedi vs mandalorian and jedi vs sith) Anywho i completely agree with Mandalore like i do in most cases, but this clone wars reprint of crappy pieces is just silly in my eyes.

<stands up> My name is Rabid Wookiee and I'm an adult who enjoys the Clone Wars cartoon.

And yes I've seen all of the movies, and I'm a huge KOTOR and KOTOR 2 fan.
owaller3
Posted: Friday, September 18, 2009 4:35:26 AM

Jedi Christian
Posted: Sunday, September 20, 2009 2:18:46 AM

Hi, I just wanted to keep these pictures on the front page. Also, does anyone have any close ups. Not to mention it looks like one mini is duplicated. So, who is the missing mini.
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Sunday, September 20, 2009 6:22:32 AM

Jedi Christian wrote:
Hi, I just wanted to keep these pictures on the front page. Also, does anyone have any close ups. Not to mention it looks like one mini is duplicated. So, who is the missing mini.

will there be a secret "41st" mini?
Inquiring minds would like to know.
Sithborg
Posted: Sunday, September 20, 2009 11:48:03 AM

Jedi Christian wrote:

I would check gamers. I haven't checked recently if more pics were posted, but someone openned up a few boosters.
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Monday, September 21, 2009 7:10:04 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Gotta love +8att 24def 10dam Double/Twin on 2pt Mouse Droids. Blink
Hydrowhip
Posted: Tuesday, September 29, 2009 12:16:07 PM

Which one is the Elite Senate Guard and which is the Senate Commando?

Guard is right above the treadwell droid, right?