RegisterDonateLogin

A Target Exclusive.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Week 96 (Make a WOTC piece better) Options
General_Grievous
Posted: Saturday, March 17, 2018 12:16:37 AM
Groups: Member

Here is my entry to help boost up the original huge savage monsters from the WOTC days: Rancor, Reek, Acklay, Spider, and Krayt Dragon.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/31912/yuuzhan-vong-splicer
General_Grievous
Posted: Saturday, March 17, 2018 6:39:25 AM

surf_rider56 wrote:
I made this about 7-8 years ago when I created my Tatooine sub factions (with Cantina, Jawa's Tatooine townfol and Tuskens.) There are a Lot of Tuskens and even with Hett, they were barely playable ...

Tusken Shaman

Back in the day, the "new" Tusken Chieftain didn't seem to go far enough. This guy helps the Tusken non uniques (me making a non unique, what a surprise) and while it doesn't cure all the Tusken problems, it helps a bit.

Cheers,

surf

Pretty solid stuff Surf, only critique is maybe making the CE Just for melee as even though the shooting Tuskens need help it doesn't seem to super fit for me that they can sprint 12 and then unload on an entire army. They were more of the single shot sniper types if you go by the source material. How about something like "gain slug thrower: ignore Shields abilities when attacking from range". Otherwise the CE works for melee and reminds me of the one that attacked Luke.
blemelisk
Posted: Saturday, March 17, 2018 3:05:03 PM

Since i missunderstood what was going on (i thought we were remaking a WOTC piece) I will be passing this week.
swinefeld
Posted: Saturday, March 17, 2018 7:32:29 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

General_Grievous wrote:
surf_rider56 wrote:
I made this about 7-8 years ago when I created my Tatooine sub factions (with Cantina, Jawa's Tatooine townfol and Tuskens.) There are a Lot of Tuskens and even with Hett, they were barely playable ...

Tusken Shaman

Back in the day, the "new" Tusken Chieftain didn't seem to go far enough. This guy helps the Tusken non uniques (me making a non unique, what a surprise) and while it doesn't cure all the Tusken problems, it helps a bit.

Cheers,

surf

Pretty solid stuff Surf, only critique is maybe making the CE Just for melee as even though the shooting Tuskens need help it doesn't seem to super fit for me that they can sprint 12 and then unload on an entire army. They were more of the single shot sniper types if you go by the source material. How about something like "gain slug thrower: ignore Shields abilities when attacking from range". Otherwise the CE works for melee and reminds me of the one that attacked Luke.

GG's point are fair, but I'm too not bothered by 2 shooter characters (one Huge) getting boosted. They may as well get to play too. It may be difficult for the melee units to ever Furious more than one character without dying from an AoO first. Charging Assault instead of Furious might put melee/non on similar footing, and would actually help the Bantha use Momentum. shrug
CorranHornsux123
Posted: Sunday, March 18, 2018 5:53:52 AM

1. Surf

2. Shimi

3. Spry
spryguy1981
Posted: Sunday, March 18, 2018 6:55:51 AM

1. GG
2. Jen'ari
3. Swine
swinefeld
Posted: Sunday, March 18, 2018 1:29:33 PM

1. Spry

2. EmperorDragon

3. shmi15

Cool stuff all around BlooMilk
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Sunday, March 18, 2018 7:34:54 PM

1. spryguy1981- I'm a little biased because Dorsk 81 is from perhaps my favourite Star Wars timeline, so perhaps I just want to see him in the game. And you've portrayed him very well.

2. swinefield

3. General_Grievous
Lord_Ball
Posted: Monday, March 19, 2018 4:09:27 AM

1 EmporerDragon
2 GG
3 spry

Honorable mention swine, simply because HDF made me laugh.
jen'ari
Posted: Monday, March 19, 2018 5:14:26 AM

1. Emperor Dragon - didnt really look it over but it is like a blue collar commander which is fun. seems like he is a very active commander

2. Spryguy - kyp help is welcome

3. SurfRider - I remember being afraid of the Sand People when I watched the Star Wars as a kid. Then as a teenager playing KOTOR the Sand People messed me up there too. So I love the Tusken Raider love. Even Obi-Wan Kenobi was (not afraid) but showed a bit of respect to their "larger numbers".
AlexTheGreat
Posted: Monday, March 19, 2018 11:01:07 AM

3 Gandalf

2 LB

1 JEN
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, March 19, 2018 2:06:16 PM

Wow guys super hard week, great job all around everyone!

Jen, pretty cool Obi-wan, still never felt like he was a trainer but CoS is an amazing force power and worth it for that alone.

Surf, love the idea here, still not huge on the theme for ranged tuskens but they're pretty terrible so sure maybe it's a wild tribe haha.

CHS, simple and awesome great job!

Shmi, beautiful piece that really brings the old Revan up to par. And I love the two pieces idea which I think the Sith needs to have as it's core idea.

Spry, simple and super thematic, also bonus points for old school NJO days haha.

Emperor, I really like the stunning part, not sure about crack shot but stunning feels very pacifist and crack shot does help them get it off.

Alex, same thing about the CE helping all mandos, if you made it one of the junk WOTC non-uniques it would have been perfect!

LB, torn because mediation is fantastic and easily the best new special ability this week in my opinion, just feels more like a master should be granting it haha.

Swine, ah another hard one, you hit my sweet spot of boosting Huges which normally grants an auto vote haha. But huge design flaws is a bit odd in execution as it creates 3D terrain haha. Also if you have deployment ready on the card his guys card would be insane.

Gandalf, reserves!!!! And balanced easy ones, awesome! Not a major fan of CEs that grant multiple things but still epic. (Also for your old one: High Command is simply amazing and needs to be in the game for each faction! Grievous/Dooku/Sideous, Vader/Tarkin/Palpatine, Revan/Malak/Karath, the list goes on and on, going to steal this one from you if you don't mind for some customs hahaha)

Final results from me:

3rd Emperor
2nd CHS
1st, Gandalf
swinefeld
Posted: Monday, March 19, 2018 4:19:03 PM

General_Grievous wrote:

Swine, ah another hard one, you hit my sweet spot of boosting Huges which normally grants an auto vote haha. But huge design flaws is a bit odd in execution as it creates 3D terrain haha. Also if you have deployment ready on the card his guys card would be insane.

Haha, totally busted!
Guess I'll just have to make a new, less wordy ability to replace Mount on v2. BigGrin
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, March 19, 2018 5:57:05 PM

Well we're still waiting on Emperor and Surf to vote and it's Spry with 10 and Emperor with 9 (but if he doesn't vote he can't win haha) and everyone else not too far behind. Unless Surf or Emperor hop on and vote it looks like Spry is the winner. But up to you spry when you want to call it.
EmporerDragon
Posted: Monday, March 19, 2018 6:10:44 PM

General_Grievous wrote:
Well we're still waiting on Emperor and Surf to vote and it's Spry with 10 and Emperor with 9 (but if he doesn't vote he can't win haha) and everyone else not too far behind. Unless Surf or Emperor hop on and vote it looks like Spry is the winner. But up to you spry when you want to call it.

Sorry, sorry. New job has me working close to opens, leaving me in a bit of a brain-addled malaise when I get home.

1) surf_rider56
2) spryguy1981
3) gandalfthegreatestwizard

Though, If I do get a win, I'll defer the victory choice for the reason above.

swinefeld
Posted: Monday, March 19, 2018 8:01:53 PM

spammer bump BlooMilk
surf_rider56
Posted: Monday, March 19, 2018 8:14:26 PM

..... just got in; long story, don't ask ......

.... Voting ....

If it Still counts ....

3rd - Swine .... I've Never seen the Crawler in a game ....

2nd - GG ..... Just the novelty of him doing more Vong than droids lately .....

EDragon - Always thought the Alderaan guys got shafted.

as an aside to spry, I always thought Dorsk was one of the Lamest NR characters ever created .... and I even made one and I Still didn't like it even after I tried to do something with it .........
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, March 19, 2018 8:47:36 PM

And final result is a tie! Spry and Emperor dragon. If we go to tiebreaker elimination then Emperor has the most first place votes and wins. But if he defers then spry gets it haha. Soooo Emperor and Spry talk to each other and figure t out hahaha
swinefeld
Posted: Monday, March 19, 2018 9:12:14 PM

EmporerDragon wrote:
General_Grievous wrote:

Sorry, sorry. New job has me working close to opens, leaving me in a bit of a brain-addled malaise when I get home.

1) surf_rider56
2) spryguy1981
3) gandalfthegreatestwizard

Though, If I do get a win, I'll defer the victory choice for the reason above.

Congrats to both! Spry gets the call per the above.