RegisterDonateLogin

Jabba has no time for smugglers who drop their Bloo Milk at the first sign of an Imperial cruiser.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Changing of the Guard Options
shmi15
Posted: Thursday, August 15, 2019 9:56:00 PM
Groups: Member

DarthMaim wrote:
jen'ari wrote:
It is 100% clear that as of right now Morrigan/Thrawn/Ozzel/Pellaeon is the most powerful combo in the game.
Followed by Daala/Pellaeon/Ozzel.
It is clear that this has been the case for a long time.
It is clear that the game needs change. ITS BORING to not be able to compete with the same ol style.

Big +1!

Is the answer changing those pieces... Or is the answer giving factions who do not have act control advantages for smaller activations like Amanoa?
Dr Daman
Posted: Thursday, August 15, 2019 10:40:27 PM

jen'ari wrote:
It is 100% clear that as of right now Morrigan/Thrawn/Ozzel/Pellaeon is the most powerful combo in the game.

I don't think that's quite right. Thrawn/Ozzel is the big problem. I don't use Pellaeon any more as I don't see Bastilla or Jedi as a big enough problem for this type of squad. Morrigan could totally be swapped out for another piece, but she fits well with the squad as the SECONDARY attacker. Cad is the most vital piece (aside from the tech). In-fact, I will quite often sac Morrigan to gain an advantage, yet I would never do this with Cad. In saying this, I do think that Suppressive Fire NEEDS to change. Here is what myself and Darth Moore were thinking:

Suppressive Fire

Replaces Attacks: Make an attack at 10 damage ( this damage can not be increased). If this attack hits, the enemy character attacked by this character cannot use special abilities that respond to this character's attack for the rest of the turn and enemies hit by this character's attack cannot benefit from or grant commander effects for the rest of the round.

Disrupts CE's but with minimal damage and now Jedi can use their Force Powers to respond. Thematic as a sprayed suppressive shot should cause disarray (CE disruption) yet Jedi should still be able to stand up to it as they do in the movies and TV series. Can't use evade etc as its harder to dodge a random burst of gun fire.

jen'ari wrote:
Followed by Daala/Pellaeon/Ozzel.

I don't think I've ever run the 3 of them together. I have run Daala/Ozzel and I did so only because high act double swap boba was the meta gatekeeper. With that squad type no longer tier 1, the non Ozzel version I believe is much more powerful. With the way I play Daala (Raxus swarm), I don't have much need for Pellaeon and don't see him as being a problem.

jen'ari wrote:
It is clear that this has been the case for a long time.

I've known about Thrawn et. al. For a very long time, but as you can see from Kezzas stats, that's not the case for the masses.

jen'ari wrote:
It is clear that the game needs change. ITS BORING to not be able to compete with the same ol style.

I agree something needs to change, and I believe that something is act control. It's what makes my Thrawn swap squad work, yet I still want to see it gone. I play that squad because I'm very competitive and I know how to play it extremely well to win. I am VERY good with it. But it's got to change. It's not fun to win by destroying your opponent and it's much much worse to lose that way.

I've never been in favour of changing WoTC pieces, but I think it might be time to adjust the act control ones. Making them require line-of-sight is the best way IMO to do this. High risk (putting you piece in a vulnerable place), high reward (getting to move and shoot with your pieces with impunity).
TheHutts
Posted: Thursday, August 15, 2019 11:01:59 PM

Daman, do you think your Thrawn or your Daala squad is better?

I think noone in NZ wants to straight netdeck your squad - Id be happy to play a variation on it, but feels a bit cheap to straight out copy it, even though it’s dominated for years.
Dr Daman
Posted: Thursday, August 15, 2019 11:45:02 PM

TheHutts wrote:
Daman, do you think your Thrawn or your Daala squad is better?

I think noone in NZ wants to straight netdeck your squad - Id be happy to play a variation on it, but feels a bit cheap to straight out copy it, even though it’s dominated for years.

The Thrawn squad is the most versatile so would probably be better for a competition, but head to head, I think the Daala squad has the edge providing you can hide the commanders well enough that a decent Thrawn deep strike won't reach them.
kezzamachine
Posted: Friday, August 16, 2019 2:12:23 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

jen'ari wrote:
kezzamachine wrote:

...The "Thramozzel" is a little more prolific than "Dalozzel". Those three turkeys combine for a 28-9 record, its 76% just a shade under the "Throrigan"...

...Dalozzel and thramozzel...

I just want these to stick!ThumpUp
kezzamachine
Posted: Friday, August 16, 2019 2:14:05 AM

Dr Daman wrote:
Suppressive Fire

Replaces Attacks: Make an attack at 10 damage ( this damage can not be increased). If this attack hits, the enemy character attacked by this character cannot use special abilities that respond to this character's attack for the rest of the turn and enemies hit by this character's attack cannot benefit from or grant commander effects for the rest of the round.

Disrupts CE's but with minimal damage and now Jedi can use their Force Powers to respond. Thematic as a sprayed suppressive shot should cause disarray (CE disruption) yet Jedi should still be able to stand up to it as they do in the movies and TV series. Can't use evade etc as its harder to dodge a random burst of gun fire.

Dr Daman wrote:
I agree something needs to change, and I believe that something is act control. It's what makes my Thrawn swap squad work, yet I still want to see it gone. I play that squad because I'm very competitive and I know how to play it extremely well to win. I am VERY good with it. But it's got to change. It's not fun to win by destroying your opponent and it's much much worse to lose that way.

I've never been in favour of changing WoTC pieces, but I think it might be time to adjust the act control ones. Making them require line-of-sight is the best way IMO to do this. High risk (putting you piece in a vulnerable place), high reward (getting to move and shoot with your pieces with impunity).

I like all of this.
DarthMaim
Posted: Saturday, August 17, 2019 9:22:18 AM

kezzamachine wrote:
I think Thrawn is fine. Morrigan, however, I feel is an issue.

I still believe activation control is more important to adjust. Suppressive Fire is a close second. The thing is that, suppressive fire in the Rebel faction ( Hera Syndulla or Morrigan ) , isn't Meta changing because they don't have Thrawn Mithurondu/Ozzel. This is very important to note. Remember, Morrigan can be used in all factions, however she seems only to be dominant/op with the Imps ( Thank you Throzzel )

donnie72191
Posted: Sunday, August 18, 2019 7:33:24 PM

yall wait next year till i bring my OG emperor palpatine with the night sisters, we will waste em!
FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, August 19, 2019 4:45:57 AM

donnie72191 wrote:
yall wait next year till i bring my OG emperor palpatine with the night sisters, we will waste em!

Adding Mother Talzin to that squad would certainly do something to it.
TimmerB123
Posted: Monday, August 19, 2019 7:12:24 AM

FlyingArrow wrote:
donnie72191 wrote:

Adding Mother Talzin to that squad would certainly do something to it.

Nah, she sucks. LOL