RegisterDonateLogin

Floats like a Mynock, stings like a Bane.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

V-set 11 What SA/FP do you want to see? Options
Sthlrd2
Posted: Sunday, February 8, 2015 4:50:29 PM
Groups: Member

V-set 10 is up and going with playtests (they could always use more, if you have time.)

It is time to start telling us what you want to see made in set 11.

I would like us to try something new this time. Somewhere on your big list of characters that you want to see made into minis, can you please point out which are the top 3 that you want to see made. I really think this would help us designers when going through the list of trying to see what are the most requested pieces.

So SWM community what do you want to see made in V-set 11?

(link to the old v10 thread)
http://www.bloomilk.com/Forums/default.aspx?g=posts&t=13929

obsidian7788
Posted: Sunday, February 8, 2015 6:12:50 PM

I think its time my fellow star warsians
For the zann consortium ewok handler
SignerJ
Posted: Sunday, February 8, 2015 6:15:09 PM

I'd like to see another Null ARC.
CorellianComedian
Posted: Sunday, February 8, 2015 8:15:01 PM

I'd like to see a 60-point Kol Skywalker (but maybe saving him for the next NR EPIC might be a good idea). Also, I think it would be cool to throw in a couple of low-profile characters from the Clone Wars, like, Master Ima-Gun-Di and Captain Keeli with Camaraderie to boost each other, or Lieutenant Thire, Jek, and Rys from Season 1 Episode 1, or Hardcase and Fives from the Umbara story arc. All told, my top 3 would be Thire, Jek and Rys.

This is more of a characteristic than a character, but I think some sort of ARC Trooper or Clone Commander with Long Shot +10 would be awesome.
harryg
Posted: Monday, February 9, 2015 3:56:49 AM

Dexter jettster
Bull rancor
New Tarkin
adamb0nd
Posted: Monday, February 9, 2015 5:47:20 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Teek, Noa, Chukha trok, Cindel, Mace, and Kaink!
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, February 9, 2015 8:40:27 AM

So a list of what we want to see but focused on the top three. If there were only three more pieces made and I were to choose them:

- More Grievous:
Or a Grievous that costs 30 (Named General Grievous, Tactician) that has rival for any more than one other Sep commander and prideful for characters whose name contains battle droid (affects supers and normal) Grievous does fit the role well for being a rival and would help boost up a weaker swarm without giving them twin/extra attack. While Daala was lesson learned there is a place for prideful and I strongly believe this is it. Alternatively I would love to see General Grievous BHC, 100 point uber scissors piece, I posted an example here for review. Would also be fine with an epic if they went that way still. And worst case NK-1 Necrosis of a new Kaleesh cloaked sniper Grievous (or his Kaleesh girlfriend to give him cloaked) I am ok with too haha. Just more Grievous! Such a main character and so many more untapped versions.

- Abeloth, same as above but I think she truly needs to be a 200 point piece with reserves for non-unique force users. Also Regeneration 30, force drain, master of the force/renewal 4 and master illusion, maybe an ability where if she defeats someone outside of her turn she immediately gets another turn

- Boost for huges/new huges, this is the final challenge in my opinion that has been a second class citizen since the beginning of the game and has even at it's best been just at the edge of playability. Also the buzz droid, while needed for other threats really kicked a dog while it was down. So perhaps even a really cheap tech piece that makes huges immune to buzz droids (giving them electrical shielding/Ion shielding or some sort of jazz like that). Great new commander effect last set though! What they need is a final push with a new fringe or sep commander to make them good. Some options:
Heavy hailfire with more HP, DR10, advanced missiles 40, stable platform and galloping attack
Vulture droid starfighter with flight, furious assault and advanced missiles
Spider Droid with huge walker, stable footing, self destruct 40 and Verpine Shatter rifle style epic attack to counter super stealth and point Defense cannon reflexes to shoot strafers.

Or
Lok Durd with rapport and boost for Huges:
Disrupter Cannon upgrade (huge droid allies with mounted weapon gain Fireproof and
Burning Attacks)

Also there are lots more huge remakes/new ideas down below in the extra list.

So that being said here is the rest of what I think should still make it into the game and would be cool to see:

Old Republic

Jedi Exile Force Spirit
Trask Ulgo, OR trooper commander with willing to serve, Override and Noble Sacrifice.

Sith

Darth Malak of the Star Forge (with Sith Droid Reserves/CE and maybe a new Sith droid while at it)
Sith Emperor from TOR
Lord Odion (Rival and non-Unique Sith followers get dark armour and charging assault)
Lord Daiman (Prideful for Sith, Rival)
The rest of the family
More Lost Tribe Sith (the dactillion is just asking to be a Keshari on their reptile dragon flyers)
Sith Zombies
Darth tenebrous (cloaking upgrades for huge non-living allies, industrial repair 30, chain lightning)
Darth cognus
Darth millennial

Republic

AT-XT (very cheap AT-ST variant with fire support mission)
New Naboo Speeder (subject to CEs from Naboo subset but similar to Snowspeeder for playability, epic speed, mobile and splash)
Lama Su with Order 66 reserves and reinforcements
Coruscant Security Force Investigator, Police droids, etc)
Clone Trooper Prison Guard/signaller/jet trooper/mechanic/medic/EOD Trooper/quartermaster/with EWeb turret/special forces/agent/flight crew/fleet officer/there is a lot of different options left haha
Rhys Dallows and more starfighter characters

Separatist

More Separatist commanders/council members. So much untapped fun potential here

Sep Droid Swarm love. (They were one of the more balanced swarms that is suffering from the naboo/imperial trooper hate, giving flight droids self destruct 10 or another boost from:

Droid Control Computer
Emplacement
Fire Control
Disciplined Leader
Battle Ready
Coordinated Commands (allied Separatist characters whose name contains Battle Droid gain Crack Shot (Whenever this character combines fire against a target within 6 squares, damage from the attack cannot be prevented or redirected) and Stable Footing)
CE
Droids are subject to this effect

Separatist Battle Droid characters are considered to be within range of allies' commander effects.

(Deathwielded made a sweet custom idea for the above as well)

Octuptarra remake (virus droid that has self destruct infected ability similar to new Dr. Vindi)
Queen Karina with Geonosian reserves and zombie virus

Po Nudo (diplomat, Relay orders, communication supplies and relay orders jamming)

And finally to help with sep reserves teams:

Darth Sideous Hologram
Cost 10
CE
Allied Separatist characters with a force rating gain force renewal 1

Rebel

Dash Rendar in Snowspeeder (Rapport for Snowspeeders -10, CE to give them Opportunist)
Rianna Saren and Zeeo! Could be similar to Prowl and Jedi combo.
Star Wars Rebel's crew

Imperial

Jagged Fel, Imperial Head-of-State
Agent Kallus, Imperial Enforcer (Rebels)
Death Trooper
007 agent Cross
New Probe Droid
Imperial Knight Padawan

Yuuzhan Vong

Coral skipper Pilot
Dovin Basals (a shields type emplacement piece)
Death "shots" for Vong
World Brain (a piece that actually alters the map)
Rakamat (Reek avatar with dovin basal or similar to ewok catapult)
-Tu-Scart and Sgauru
-Priests and fanatics for each god
-Grutchin (another dactillion use)
Some more peace brigade. I still think they need a good commander and/or technician to be truly viable as a sub faction.

PB Mercenary Recruiter
SA
Fall in Line - non unique mercenary characters gain Yuuzhan Vong Collaborator and Peace Brigade
CE
Peace Brigade characters gain gang +1

PB Quartermaster
Villip upgrade (allied Peace Brigade characters gain Villip (this character counts as a Yuuzhan Vong for the purpose of CEs)
Thud Bug Upgrade (allied peace brigade characters gain thud bug)

New Republic

Kyle Katarn, Protector of the Valley (there is a great custom for this already but Jedi with advanced shields!)
Mech troopers (use uggernaugt or dark troopers) from Fate of the Jedi series
Ania Solo + friends

Mandalorian

Mandalorian Knights
Jango Fett, Mandalore
Academy Students (4 point piece with CQC Fighting)
Boba Fett, Double Agent (hands out recon and Vong Hunter)
Elite Death Watch Raider with flamethrower 20, advanced missiles 10, flight and mobile

Fringe:

The Father
The Son
The Daughter
Zann Consortium Ewok Handler (rival for unique Ewok characters for balance and handing out rapport -1, self destruct 10 and that self destruct sequence ability)
Leebo with a boost for Dash (especially old one maybe giving him one or more of flight, splash, flamethrower, pulse cannon and/or advanced missiles 20)
AT-PT (huge walker, stable footing DR10, shields, splash 20)
Hanharr and GOTO! Somehow still missing
Mother Talzen for night sisters
Hapans
The Exchange
More Zann Consortium
Shadow Collective Darth Maul with boosts for black sun/death watch and fringe criminals in general
Killik Drone
Han's 11 (subfaction from Scoundrels book with all 11 totalling up to 200 points exactly and a synergy/gang boost getting stronger for each additional character from the book, so they are strongest as a team)
Jolee Bindo, Grey Jedi (force bond to give out deflect and then CE to let allied force users use it for free once a turn)
Countess Rajine (energy vampire from Clone Wars comics)
Pazaak Gambler with distraction
AndyHatton
Posted: Monday, February 9, 2015 1:35:09 PM

@Grievous

Wedge from last set gives Rapport 8 for Snowspeeders, I don't think stacking another Rapport with Dash is a good idea (and snowspeeder pilots also have rapport with Speeders) However another CE for them to create a nice rebel subfaction of Snowspeeders and Pilots would be cool.

EDIT

My ongoing list with stuff we have received taken out and a few things added

Rebel
Han Solo, Hero of Yavin
Luke Skywalker, Rogue Leader
Garven Dreis
Arvel Crynyd
-A way for the Rebels to boost their CE and SA range. Not necessarily boardwide, but maybe something like the Mando Technician but for SAs as well. (We got a great start with Commander Luke Skywalker.)
New Rieekan and Dodonna

Imperial
Luke Skywalker, Fallen Jedi
Brakiss
Tavion
Shadow Academy Student
new Jagged Fel
Antares Draco
Ganner Krieg
Yularen
Mara Jade, Imperial Assassin (melee centric Mara)
TK-421

Sith
Exar Possessed Kyp Durron
Visas Marr, Shadow Hand

Old Republic
Revan, Galactic Hero

Mando
Bo Katan
Boba Fett, Mando Protector

Republic
Republic Tarkin
Follower Plo Koon (or really any)
Shaak Tii
Agen Kolar
Even Piell
Stass Allie
Ahsoka Tano

Fringe
Anja Gallandro
Xesh, Force Hound

New Republic
Lando
Jaina Solo Fel, Jedi Master
Ben Skywalker, Jedi Knight
Leia Solo, Jedi
Morgan Katarn, Force Spirit
Ben Kenobi Force Spirit
Kyle Katarn, Jedi Operative
(Any Jedi here we don't have http://the-toast.net/2013/12/12/jedi-dropout-rate/)

TK-421
Unique
Stormtrooper
Rapport (Costs 10 less when in an Imperial Squad)
Affinity (May be in a Rebel squad)
Why Aren't You at Your Post? (While in a Rebel squad this character counts as Luke Skywalker, Gains 40 HP and the Special Abilities Lightsaber and Grappling Hook. This character also gains 1 Force Point and is considered to have a Force Rating.)
Oblivious (If this character is unactivated when targeted by an attack, this character has -4 Defense)

Carlist Rieekan
COST 21
HP: 50
DEF: 15
ATK: 9
DMG: 10

Special Abilities
Unique
Disciplined Leader (This character's commander effect cannot be suppressed)
Willing to Serve (Counts as a follower for purposes of allied commander effects)
Commander Effect
Rebel Followers within 6 squares get +3 Attack and +3 Defense. Unique Rebel Allies gain Willing to Serve

Hit Points: 100
Defense: 21
Attack: 14
Damage: 20

Special Abilities
Unique
Melee Attack (Can attack only adjacent enemies)
Triple Attack (On his turn, this character can make 2 extra attacks instead of moving)
Disruptive (Suppresses enemy commander effects within 6 squares)
Melee Duelist (+4 Defense when attacked by an adjacent enemy)
Twin Blaster 10 (Replaces attacks: sight; make 2 attacks against 1 target at +8 Attack and 10 Damage. These count as nonmelee attacks.)
Djem So Style (Whenever this character is hit by a melee attack, make a save of 11. On a success, this character can make an immediate attack against that attacker.)
Shields 1 (When this character takes damage, he reduces the damage dealt by 10 with a save of 11)

Force Powers
Force 2
Force Renewal 1 (This character gets 1 Force point each time he activates)
Master of the Force 2 (May spend Force points up to 2 times in a single turn)
Force Lightning 2 (Force 2, replaces attacks: range 6; 30 damage to target and 2 characters adjacent to that target)
Lightsaber Defense (Force 1: When hit by an attack, this character takes no damage with a save of 11)
Recovery 20 (Force 1, replaces turn: Remove 20 damage from this character)

"They always lock the door. You’d think they’d have learned by now. Doesn’t look like there’s a key – that would be too easy. The console to unlock the door is probably hidden in some room twelve floors up or something… how does that make sense?"
Gungan Batman Clone
Posted: Monday, February 9, 2015 2:27:34 PM

AndyHatton wrote:

Hit Points: 100
Defense: 21
Attack: 14
Damage: 20

Special Abilities
Unique
Melee Attack (Can attack only adjacent enemies)
Triple Attack (On his turn, this character can make 2 extra attacks instead of moving)
Disruptive (Suppresses enemy commander effects within 6 squares)
Melee Duelist (+4 Defense when attacked by an adjacent enemy)
Twin Blaster 10 (Replaces attacks: sight; make 2 attacks against 1 target at +8 Attack and 10 Damage. These count as nonmelee attacks.)
Djem So Style (Whenever this character is hit by a melee attack, make a save of 11. On a success, this character can make an immediate attack against that attacker.)
Shields 1 (When this character takes damage, he reduces the damage dealt by 10 with a save of 11)

Force Powers
Force 2
Force Renewal 1 (This character gets 1 Force point each time he activates)
Master of the Force 2 (May spend Force points up to 2 times in a single turn)
Force Lightning 2 (Force 2, replaces attacks: range 6; 30 damage to target and 2 characters adjacent to that target)
Lightsaber Defense (Force 1: When hit by an attack, this character takes no damage with a save of 11)
Recovery 20 (Force 1, replaces turn: Remove 20 damage from this character)

"They always lock the door. You’d think they’d have learned by now. Doesn’t look like there’s a key – that would be too easy. The console to unlock the door is probably hidden in some room twelve floors up or something… how does that make sense?"

+1 could even go Epic!
Gungan Batman Clone
Posted: Monday, February 9, 2015 2:31:27 PM

Vong upgrades-shapers that boost species abilities, more Jedi hate

Admiral Fyyar in Cortosis Suit

Tra'saa

Tanks! Drawing from Empire at War

Mirax and Booster Terrik
-Wraiths (think this is coming as we were promised Kell Tainer)
-Rouges

Vehicles-characters that can't move unless you use them as Mounts (speeder bike, swoop bike, Taun Taun)

TFU2 Characters: Carbonite War Droid, Starkiller Clones

New Jagged Fel, maybe Chiss Commander
donnyrides
Posted: Monday, February 9, 2015 2:46:23 PM

I want this. Poor Uta's want it too =)

darth desolous, utapaun warlord
darthwhovian
Posted: Monday, February 9, 2015 3:56:36 PM

Darth Tenebrous, A GOOD Darth Plagieus!!!!!
AndyHatton
Posted: Monday, February 9, 2015 7:26:06 PM

My above list is getting unwieldy, especially with smaller sets. So with that in mind my Top 5 wants are
1) Luke Skywalker, Fallen Jedi
2) Ahsoka Tano
3) Mara Jade, Imperial Assassin
4) Revan, Galactic Hero
5) Kyle Katarn, Jedi Operative
harryg
Posted: Wednesday, February 11, 2015 5:34:05 PM

REMAKE TO THE AT-AT PLEASE. I JUST BOUGHT ONE AND I REALLY WANT IT TO BE USED BEYOND BATTLE OF HOTH SCENARIOS PAPERWEIGHT AND DECORATION
FlyingArrow
Posted: Wednesday, February 11, 2015 5:45:32 PM

harryg wrote:
REMAKE TO THE AT-AT PLEASE. I JUST BOUGHT ONE AND I REALLY WANT IT TO BE USED BEYOND BATTLE OF HOTH SCENARIOS PAPERWEIGHT AND DECORATION

Um... what else do you want to use it for? It isn't going to be viable in a standard 200 point skirmish anytime soon. It's made to be a scenario piece.
kezzamachine
Posted: Wednesday, February 11, 2015 7:08:53 PM

Wasn't there a set of six vehicles that were made to be part of Epic II but never got finalised?

FlyingArrow wrote:
harryg wrote:

Um... what else do you want to use it for? It isn't going to be viable in a standard 200 point skirmish anytime soon. It's made to be a scenario piece.
harryg
Posted: Wednesday, February 11, 2015 7:41:21 PM

FlyingArrow wrote:
harryg wrote:

That is why i want a remake silly. So that the remake CAN be viable
swinefeld
Posted: Wednesday, February 11, 2015 8:31:35 PM

For the love of the Force, make Shaak Ti, Jedi Master and Maris Brood playable!
General_Grievous
Posted: Wednesday, February 11, 2015 10:18:35 PM

swinefeld wrote:
For the love of the Force, make Shaak Ti, Jedi Master and Maris Brood playable!

Maris Brood on Bull Rancor that transfers an ability to dismounted version of her
dreadtech
Posted: Thursday, February 12, 2015 6:46:32 AM

As always would like to see new never seen before characters. Most notably the Star Wars: TOR companions that we have not seen yet and other notable characters such as Darth Marr.

Republic and Seps
Any film or T.V character not seen yet. (T.V been any cartoon character not seen yet)

New Repub and Vong.

OK still want to see more non unique NR characters or sub factions like the Katarn commandos

Vong- well been such as long time since I read those books I really cannot remember there names but others have mentioned reasonable characters.

Fringe
As before any Film or T.V character not done. With the clone wars and rebels there are certainly plenty to pick from.

Ideally the next set should have as many new unseen unique characters in because the set after that hopefully will be set around SW. the Force Awakens.