RegisterDonateLogin

Tastes best fresh from the Bantha.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

what would you errata Options
atmsalad
Posted: Friday, June 12, 2015 11:27:44 AM
Groups: Member

Mando wrote:
If there is one more piece that I think needs some consideration into needing an errata, its those Neo Crusader Officers. They have the best cannon shot CE in the game. Period! Cursing

Even if you only activate one person when you win init, with Kelborn and Vindicated, you can go first with the Neo Officer, shoot 3 times maybe getting 60 dmg and then tripple with Vindicated for 90 more. And that is just with one activation. This piece just makes me really made in how insanely overpowered it's CE is. The CDO cannon shots were deemed a problem, well what about the Neo Crusaders cannon shot CE that is 2 times better! It's quite easy to get a 18 square range on these guys (kelborn moves people 6 before first activation, move Vindicated 12, Neo officer uses CE to make Vindicated unload). In the popular Neo Crusader squads that are being run right now, they feature 2 Neo Officers, Mandalore the Vindicated, Kelborn and a Mando Tactician. If they get los (kinda easy to do) and win init, that is 3 activations in the first turn. That leads to this activation order:

Neo officer (60 dnmg) then cannon CE Mandalore the Vindicated (90 dmg) + second Neo Officer (60 dmg) then cannon shot Mandalore the vindicated (90 dmg) + Mandalore the Vindicated's regular turn (90 dmg) + move someone to safety = 390 dmg in the first turn.

390 dmg! The only thing right now that is hindering this type of squad right now is its low activations, but with its got insane movement breakers (one free intuition and a pseudo movement breaker with the Cannon CE), and the most over powered Cannon shot CE in he game. I think the intent of the Neo Crusader Officer was to help other Neo Crusaders, but all I am seeing is him giving free Tripple Attacks to Mandalore the Vindicated. To fix this and somewhat power it down, i think it needs to be changed to affect only followers. With it affecting allies, it is just too good. At least if it affect followers, the existing Neo crusader followers have a low enough attack that the Cannon shot CE isn't nearly as effective, but when you have a +15 attack Mandalore the Vindicated doing 30dmg shots and if he crits god help you, then that pushes it over the line I think. This piece is a big problem, and before we worry about mouse droids errata's and whatever else, this needs to be looked at first if melee ever wants to have a comeback. I feel very strongly that this piece is a problem, and while I don't like the talk about errata's and banning pieces, this piece is in need of one the most currently IMO. I don't want this post to come off as a slight against whoever designed this peice, because I think the designers intent was good (dealing with swarms and helping the Neo Crusader sub faction), its just with the CE affecting everyone it isn't following its intent, similar to how the CDO isn't being used to help the WotC Commando Droids. Maybe this piece wasn't playtested enough, similar to the CDO and that is how it got to final approval without seeing the ramifications. This piece would be fine and still be powerful if its CE worked only for followers, its just overpowered when it can be used on all allies.

With what Lou brought up on SHNN last night, as long as pieces like the Neo Crusader Officers are around that give shooters insane amounts of damage, melee squads don't stand a chance. With Poggle gone and the klats gone, it helped the Jedi squads and as Lou said on the show, melee squads might have a chance, but currently this piece will always be a hindrance towards future designs of mando pieces and a hindrance against melee squads. The Mando's have a good squad also with the new Te Ani'la Mand'alor and the neo officers that have Cassus Fett (not sure its better than the current squad with Mandalore the Vindicated squads but I'm sure we'll see it somewhere down the line), and so if you think init control will help you, guess again. Never tell me the odds will shut down just about every competitive option for init control in the game, so good luck dealing with that 390 dmg to start the round.
I completely agree mando, the moment this piece was spoiled it looked like trouble. "I knew you were trouble when you were spoiled".(sung to the tune of trouble by Taylor swift) I don't believe this piece warrants an immediate ban, but with this squad and Charging vong I definately won't be playing melee at gencon.
kezzamachine
Posted: Friday, June 12, 2015 9:05:02 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

The issue is not you speaking your mind, its how you speak it. That's all.
kezzamachine
Posted: Sunday, June 14, 2015 8:57:21 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

But, that is just what I'm trying to tell you, I don't want you to go away! You're a valuable member of the community. I just want you to consider how you speak to others. Surely common decency isn't unreasonable.

And, while I am pleased that you have indicated one of my hats as a moderator here, my intention was to speak to you as a member of the community.
TimmerB123
Posted: Monday, June 15, 2015 9:41:31 AM
Groups: Member

I love you, Jacky-Poo.

😘