RegisterDonateLogin

Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that Milk, not excuses.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

All Melee, 200pt Vassal Comp!! Options
Dr Daman
Posted: Wednesday, January 27, 2016 11:25:58 PM
Groups: Member

So here we are! A 200pt, all melee SA comp to see who the best beatstick in the galaxy is! This will be a week to week comp where you will be given an opponent and you must do your best to organize to play against them within the week. The length of this is dependent on the number of entries we get. All the regular tournament rules are in force with some changes.

We are hoping to kick this thing off on the 1st of Feb

Extra Rules

* All characters Must have the Melee special ability.
* A new squad may be used for each game. You can however play any of your squads as many times as you like.
* No more than Four (4) of any non-unique character with the same card name.
* No Blast Bug.
* If a character has a FP or SA with a range greater than 6 squares, that FP or SA is deleted from the characters card. This includes things like Twin Blaster which don't have a range, but can affect characters outside of range 6 (a lightening FP can affect characters outside of range 6, but it's initial target must be within 6, so it's allowed)
* No activation control.
* No Booming Voice. It is deleted from the character card, but that character is still usable.
* No Override or Manual Override.
* ALL maps are usable.
* Any SA, FP or CE that extends abilities to a range greater than 6, is deleted from that characters card.

There is the option to remove the 100pt pieces from this comp. We recently had a 150pt version of this and it was won by 100pt Luke. But, only after having won the last 2 games with an extreme amount of lucky dice rolling (Djem So) and both those games came down to who won the last initiative. So we can remove them if enough people want them gone.

If there are any other concerns with the rules, then let me know below!

Dr Daman
Posted: Wednesday, January 27, 2016 11:26:31 PM

Participants

1. Dr Daman
2. Urbanjedi
3. Caedus
4. UrbanShmi
5. FlyingArrow
6. Mando
7. spryguy1981
8. Kezzamachine
9. Darth Moore
10. Amadeus
11. DarkLordVerjal
12. Darth O
13. DarkDracul
14. DarthRattlehead
urbanjedi
Posted: Wednesday, January 27, 2016 11:52:26 PM

I'll play
Dr Daman
Posted: Wednesday, January 27, 2016 11:55:05 PM

urbanjedi wrote:
I'll play

Fantastic!!
TheHutts
Posted: Thursday, January 28, 2016 12:03:30 AM

I'm not playing, but out of interest is V12 going to be legal? I think the pdf is going to come out pretty shortly?

Also none of my business, but I'd vote to keep the 100 point guys. There are enough good ones that I think it adds to the diversity.
Caedus
Posted: Thursday, January 28, 2016 3:35:50 AM

I'm in
UrbanShmi
Posted: Thursday, January 28, 2016 4:08:12 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

In!
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, January 28, 2016 4:45:32 AM

In. Vset 11 pdf will be released on Feb 1.

Can you define activation control? What about Marks Ragnos?
jen'ari
Posted: Thursday, January 28, 2016 4:57:58 AM

My life has been really busy and during the separatists/rebels campaign it was hard to fit my games in, but if this starts in 3 weeks things will have calmed down considerably.
So, what is the start date?
Mando
Posted: Thursday, January 28, 2016 5:31:10 AM

Count me in!
spryguy1981
Posted: Thursday, January 28, 2016 6:08:04 AM

A couple rules questions. 4 Non-Uniques period, or 4 of the same character I.E. 4 Brutes 4 Uggie.

I'm still in regardless.
kezzamachineII
Posted: Thursday, January 28, 2016 10:24:57 AM

Pretty sure it is 4 of each non-unique.

I'm in. Really keen to come second-to-last in another tournament! Yes to 100pt'ers. I'm also keen for set 12 to be legal. Can you rush that one through?

Same squad throughout or change from week to week?
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, January 28, 2016 11:10:41 AM

Questions:

Can you define activation control? What about Marks Ragnos' CE?

Nomi Sunrider's CE - if she extends allies' Force powers to range 8, are they deleted from the allies' cards?
UrbanShmi
Posted: Thursday, January 28, 2016 1:08:18 PM

When you say no Booming Voice, is it no characters with Booming Voice? Or just treat it as removed from the card?

Possible you might want to look at Count Vidian--his CE gives commander effects unlimited range.
Caedus
Posted: Thursday, January 28, 2016 1:10:02 PM

UrbanShmi wrote:
When you say no Booming Voice, is it no characters with Booming Voice? Or just treat it as removed from the card?

Possible you might want to look at Count Vidian--his CE gives commander effects unlimited range.

YV War Coordinator as well
TheHutts
Posted: Thursday, January 28, 2016 1:13:49 PM

Caedus wrote:
UrbanShmi wrote:

YV War Coordinator as well

Yammosk is actually non-melee. There are a few random non-melees that you wouldn't expect - all the Force Spirits are as well.
Dr Daman
Posted: Thursday, January 28, 2016 4:57:09 PM

Up to 8 player, nice!

jen'ari wrote:
My life has been really busy and during the separatists/rebels campaign it was hard to fit my games in, but if this starts in 3 weeks things will have calmed down considerably.
So, what is the start date?

Hoping to start on Monday 1st of Feb!

FlyingArrow wrote:
In. Vset 11 pdf will be released on Feb 1.

Can you define activation control? What about Marks Ragnos?

So for act control, I'd limit the ability to out activate. So no San/Ozzel/Dodonna type pieces. I'd say Quorreal can still be used but his CE is voided. Seem fair?

I'm sure we can incorporate V11. Hopefully people that weren't part of the design/testing process are ok with this. It may be seen as a disadvantage having limited time to learn the new pieces.

spryguy1981 wrote:
A couple rules questions. 4 Non-Uniques period, or 4 of the same character I.E. 4 Brutes 4 Uggie.

I'm still in regardless.

Sorry, I should clarify that. No more than 4 of the same named character. So yes, 4 uggies and 4 brutes would be fine

kezzamachineII wrote:
Same squad throughout or change from week to week?

Different squad every game if you want. If you find a squad you like, then by all means, play it as may times as you'd like

FlyingArrow wrote:
Nomi Sunrider's CE - if she extends allies' Force powers to range 8, are they deleted from the allies' cards?

UrbanShmi wrote:

Anything that extends a SA, FP or CE to greater then 6 spaces is also deleted from the characters card. Therefore Nomi would lose that CE, Wyyrlok and Mas lose Booming Voice and Count Vidian loses his CE etc etc.
Mando
Posted: Thursday, January 28, 2016 6:39:11 PM

if the force power doesn't mention a range, is it still safe to be used? example: ABM

Advanced Battle Meditation (Force 3, replaces turn: Until the start of this character's next turn, this character gains the following Force ability: Allies get +10 Damage and enemy commander effects are suppressed. (This damage bonus applies only to characters that have a Damage value greater than 0.))
Dr Daman
Posted: Thursday, January 28, 2016 6:59:06 PM

Mando wrote:
if the force power doesn't mention a range, is it still safe to be used? example: ABM

Advanced Battle Meditation (Force 3, replaces turn: Until the start of this character's next turn, this character gains the following Force ability: Allies get +10 Damage and enemy commander effects are suppressed. (This damage bonus applies only to characters that have a Damage value greater than 0.))

Ok, that's an interesting one. I don't think ABM would be an issue. What does everyone else think?
Caedus
Posted: Thursday, January 28, 2016 7:18:13 PM

Dr Daman wrote:
Mando wrote:

Ok, that's an interesting one. I don't think ABM would be an issue. What does everyone else think?

Don't see a problem with it as long as a CE that says Allies with a Lightsaber and a Force rating gain GMA isnt interfered with because it also doesnt specify a range