Posted: Thursday, January 28, 2016 9:58:23 PM
Groups: Member

I am also SO keen for this!!!!
FlyingArrow
Posted: Friday, January 29, 2016 6:31:14 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Dr Daman wrote:

* No Override.

I assume this also means no Manual Override.
StarKiller97
Posted: Friday, January 29, 2016 9:05:22 AM

Is this a Bloo Milk thread thing like the set tourney we had a couple weeks ago. Or is this an actaully event?
FlyingArrow
Posted: Friday, January 29, 2016 9:20:29 AM

An actual event. Games played using Vassal.
TimmerB123
Posted: Friday, January 29, 2016 2:50:49 PM

I gotta sit this one out. Have fun!
UrbanShmi
Posted: Friday, January 29, 2016 3:36:53 PM

TimmerB123 wrote:

Lame Flapper
Caedus
Posted: Friday, January 29, 2016 3:43:16 PM

UrbanShmi wrote:
TimmerB123 wrote:

Lame Flapper

+1RollEyes
Amadeus
Posted: Friday, January 29, 2016 5:35:28 PM

Sign me up!
DarkLordVerjal
Posted: Friday, January 29, 2016 6:45:34 PM

I'm down for this, count me in.
Dr Daman
Posted: Friday, January 29, 2016 7:33:57 PM

FlyingArrow wrote:
Dr Daman wrote:

* No Override.

I assume this also means no Manual Override.

Yeah no Manual Override either. Good spotting!
Darth O
Posted: Saturday, January 30, 2016 12:26:49 PM

I'm in, haven't played Minis in way too long.
Dr Daman
Posted: Saturday, January 30, 2016 12:58:54 PM

Darth O wrote:
I'm in, haven't played Minis in way too long.

This makes me happy!! Return of the O
Darth O
Posted: Sunday, January 31, 2016 2:34:51 AM

Are Master Vandar's Telekinetic Combat and Ben Skywalker's Twin Blaster allowed?
Do global force abilities like ABM work?
DarkDracul
Posted: Sunday, January 31, 2016 6:41:51 AM

Sign me up!
Dr Daman
Posted: Monday, February 1, 2016 2:00:59 AM

Darth O wrote:
Are Master Vandar's Telekinetic Combat and Ben Skywalker's Twin Blaster allowed?
Do global force abilities like ABM work?

Telekinetic Combat is fine (range of 6), Twin Blaster is not (range is greater than 6) and ABM is all good by me (even though the range is greater than 6)
Dr Daman
Posted: Monday, February 1, 2016 2:10:17 AM

Dr Daman wrote:
Participants

1. Dr Daman
2. Urbanjedi
3. Caedus
4. UrbanShmi
5. FlyingArrow
6. Mando
7. spryguy1981
8. Kezzamachine
9. Darth Moore
10. Amadeus
11. DarkLordVerjal
12. Darth O
13. DarkDracul

Ok so this is were we're at. Is there anyone else who is keen to play? It'd be awesome to have even numbers so nobody gets a bye.
Dr Daman
Posted: Friday, February 5, 2016 1:52:37 AM

Sorry this has taken me longer than expected to kick off. New job and stuff got in the way. But we're good to go now. I dropped everyone into the pairing software and re-paired till I had the bye. Not because I want the points or anything like that to get ahead, but because I want you guys to have the joy of playing this 1st round. And it will be joyful!!! so without further a do, here are the 1st round pairings!!

Darth O Vs Caedus
Darth Moore Vs Kezzamachine
FlyingArrow Vs Amadeus
UrbanShmi Vs DarkDracul
spryguy1981 Vs DarkLordVerjal
Mando Vs UrbanJedi
Dr Daman Vs Bye

So, please try and contact your opponent asap and attempt to complete your game in 1 weeks time. Post your results here so that I can update the software (play reports are awesome too, so do one if you can!)

HAPPY HUNTING!!
UrbanShmi
Posted: Saturday, February 6, 2016 5:51:48 PM

Just finished my game against DarkDracul.

His squad:

--Melee Tournamen- Revans Porker--
62 Darth Revan, Sith Lord
54 Darth Caedus, Sith Lord
36 Darth Traya
27 Darth Bandon
17 Ortugg, Gamorrean Leader
3 XT-6 Droid

(199pts. 6 activations)

My squad:

--Grand Melee--
65 Mace Windu, Legacy of the Light Side
48 Cin Drallig, Jedi Battlemaster
47 General Skywalker
30 Serra Keto
9 Ugnaught Demolitionist x3

(199pts. 7 activations)

The Republic was victorious, 203-101.

Pre-game, I awarded Makashi Style to both Serra and Skyguy through Cin. I won map roll, so we played on Cantina. Bryan set up on the atrium side, while I advanced through the storage room. The first round or so was just advancing up the board. Bryan came straight up the middle, taking advantage of his movement breakers, and took an early gambit lead, while I flanked the center room, blowing doors with ugnaughts as I went. In the second round, Bryan was able to use Traya's Telekinetic Combat to pick off an ugnaught, and it was game on, and I started piling my forces into the center room.

At the start of the third round, a miracle happened...Bryan rolled a one for init, giving me the opportunity to go first on my own terms. He did take a turn with Caedus using Aing-Ti, taking 20 off an AoO from Cin and moving in to attack Mace, which missed. Mace moved out and back to get momentum against Caedus, taking 20 off an AoO and giving it back on a Riposte, then hitting two of three (Bryan made almost no Makashi saves all day) to take Caedus down to 40, while Mace was at 110, having taken another riposte hit. Bryan moved Revan in to assault Cin, missing the first and hitting the second, which I took due to a failed Parry save. Then Caedus went after Cin, hitting two with one parry, and we had a brief parry/riposte battle. Serra Keto came after Caedus with momentum, getting two hits through an Makashi'ing his riposte (Mace gave an assist by absorbing an illusion attempt on the last hit). Cin put 40 on Bandon, then got wiped out by Traya's Telekinetic Combat (I completely forgot that I could have used Soresu against it). Bryan moved his Gamorrean into the middle of my group, trying to make me risk 30 damage AoOs to get to his main threats. Skyguy took the risk, figuring at worst he'd get to make a Djem So, but wound up not needing the roll. He put 60 on Bandon with momentum, taking him down to 10 HP. At the end of the third round, due to having killed Cin, Bryan led, 81-74.

In the third round, Traya threw lightsabers at Skyguy (three hits and one defense, taking him to 60), then Bryan killed the droid to give Revan a free turn. Revan's assault put another 40 on Skywalker, while he remained undamaged, despite my makashi/djem so combo. Bryan swapped Revan for Bandon, giving me a chance to finish off Bandon, which I took. Skyguy's second attack went on the gamorrean, doing 20. A juiced up uggie came along to put another 20 on the gamorrean, which retaliated with a wild swing on Skyguy, which would have been for 50. Mace moved away, giving up another unsuccessful AoO, and based Traya. The first attack was a hit, the second a crit, which was makashi'd, then I had to reroll the flurry. In all, I put another 60 damage on Traya, taking her down to 30, while Revan remained at full health. At the end of the round, Serra finished off the gamorrean, taking the score to 131-91 in my favor.

Next round, Revan again assaulted Skyguy, but I made both makashi saves to keep the momentum going. Revan moved away to swap with Traya, and I was finally able to put some damage on him via an AoO. With nothing to lose, Skywalker went after Revan, putting 60 on him. Mace was up next, and his first attack was the crit I had been waiting for. Mace absorbed Revan's LS Defense, which finished him off. At that point, the score was 193-91, and we called it, since I would go over the build total on gambit next round. Final score: 203-101.

Thoughts: Bryan had some really bad luck with his dice, while mine were a bit above average, so that certainly played into things a bit. Even in the last round, when I had almost my entire squad intact and he was down to Revan and a wounded Traya, I still wasn't totally comfortable. The all-melee format really introduces some interesting dynamics and made for a very enjoyable game. In particular, AoOs played into this game a lot more than I'm used to. Also, any type of ranged ability (like Telekinetic Combat) becomes very powerful, since people are building toward melee defense. I really enjoyed this game, and I hope Bryan did, too. Looking forward to next round.
Darth O
Posted: Monday, February 8, 2016 8:27:39 PM

I just had my game with Caedus.

His squad:
--Oh Dooku?--
45 Darth Maul, Death Watch Overlord
42 Savage Oppress
35 Asajj Ventress, Nightsister
27 Darth Bandon
27 Nightsister Mother
17 Nightsister Sith Witch
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2

(199pts. 8 activations)

Mine:
--Dooku-core--
100 Dooku
57 Darth Maul, Sith Infiltrator
35 Asajj Ventress, Nightsister
5 Salacious Crumb
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist

(200pts. 5 activations)

Caedus won map roll, so we played on Cliffside Citadel. Naturally I chose the left.
The first round was positioning, where I got gambit and Caedus did not. The second round was mostly positioning, but Dooku let off a chain lightning that killed both Ugnaughts and put 30 on Maul, Savage, the cheaper Nightsister and maybe Asajj.

I've gotta go to work so I can't finish the play report just yet. I won 202-60, with a 40-HP Dooku, 60-HP Asajj, and a Salacious Crumb finishing the job. The main factor in the game was my good parry saves and Caedus' bad rolls in most situations.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, February 8, 2016 9:53:07 PM

Amadeus over FlyingArrow
2pt win vs 1pt loss

My squad:
--Ewok Melee Only--
44 Luke Skywalker, Hero of Endor
19 Ewok Chieftain
17 Ortugg, Gamorrean Leader
15 Momaw Nadon
26 Gamorrean Bodyguard x2
44 Bright Tree Village Ewok x4
11 Ithorian Commander
24 Ewok Scout x4

(200pts. 15 activations)

He had 3 Firebreathers.

Played on Rancor Pen. He simply had a better squad. On top of that, it was a bad matchup for me even if our squads were even strength. And on top of that he then outplayed me. So it wasn't really fair. Vong never are fair.

Sorry I forget the final score. Like 135-115. Something like that. But it wasn't that close. Luke had 20hp left and one of his Firebreathers wasn't even touched.