RegisterDonateLogin

Also removes carbon scoring.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

All Melee, 200pt Vassal Comp!! Options
UrbanShmi
Posted: Sunday, February 21, 2016 7:34:47 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Still trying to schedule my game with Kezz. Hopefully soon.
Mando
Posted: Sunday, February 21, 2016 8:16:30 PM
Groups: Member

just finished my game vs DarkLordVerjal

Final score was 220-111 with my squad getting the win.

My squad:

--MeleeCon Vong--
44 Commander Sha'kel
28 Tsavong Lah, Warrior Elite
27 Minos, Yuuzhan Vong Warrior
23 Eminence Harrar
22 Khalee Lah, Warrior Progeny
19 Yomin Carr
13 Yun-Ne'Shel Priest
11 Yuuzhan Vong Ossus Protector
9 Dooje Brolo
4 Yuuzhan Vong Worker

(200pts. 10 activations)

DarkLordVerjal's squad:

--Don't stop me now--
63 Darth Bane, Sith'ari
54 Darth Caedus, Sith Lord
30 Vergere
27 Darth Bandon
7 Felucian
16 Sith Recruit x4
3 XT-6 Droid

(200pts. 10 activations)

I won map roll and picked Jabba's Palace.

We both ran towards the gambit zone and Caedus drew first blood, doing 40 dmg to Khalee Lah after a Aing Tii flow walk and then retreating after the won int. then the inevitable bottleneck happened with Khalee Lah taking a lot of attacks and dishing out some damage to Caedus. Eventually she died to Caedus and Bandon but not before putting 70 dmg on Caedus after my Ossus protector failed his very first Avoid Defeat save (needed 7's, rolled a 6). Tsvong Lah finished off Caedus and the next round he got 70 dmg on Bane before dieing to Bane. Bane took out Tsvong Lah and dmg'd Shakel and Minos. Bane soon came face to face with Harrar and paid the price, automatically failing all the saves against Shakels attacks and a spit poison save from Harrar. Minos went up and landed 80 dmg vs Bandon and Vergere tried to heal him enough to live another round to try and kill Harrar but by that point I still had 3 pieces with Spit poison and even tho he had +4 to poison saves from Vergere, Harrar made all the spit poisons auto fail and Bandon died. The game was over very quickly when Harrar entered the fray and it was a risky move because Harrar hurts my guys also, but it was the needed push to handle Banes insane HP and his Djem So + VCA 6.

DarkLordVerjals squad was really nasty! Bane is a beast! 50 dmg hits was deadly vs my Vong. Khalee and Tsvong :a were killed in this game and thus Harrar was my only last hope to try and deal with the Sith squad. I had to take risks to take our Verjals squad. He played his squad very well and I think had I been playing any other squad I would have lost to the shear damage output of those Sith lords he was running. Good game!
DarkDracul
Posted: Monday, February 22, 2016 12:56:06 PM

Just got back from Frosty Con weekend. DarthRattlehead and I are currently trying to schedule a game. Thanks
Dr Daman
Posted: Monday, February 22, 2016 6:53:00 PM

DarkDracul wrote:
Just got back from Frosty Con weekend. DarthRattlehead and I are currently trying to schedule a game. Thanks

All good. I forgot you guys would be busy with frostycon, so I'll stretch this round out another week so everyone has a decent chance to get their game in
Amadeus
Posted: Monday, February 22, 2016 8:07:09 PM

Still waiting to hear back from my opponent, hopefully we can get our game in
urbanjedi
Posted: Monday, February 22, 2016 8:42:14 PM

just got done getting beaten by Caedus

He was running

Maul
Savage
NS Mother
Assajj
Bandon
NS witch
uggos

vs my

Kyp
Saba
Anakin
Ganner
Mighella
Ossus Protector

I grabbed the early lead pounding damage through, but his direct damage was wearing me down and a completely unexpected REPULSE from savage ruined my day. I ended up trying to hold out and protect gambit and kept pushing his guys away with a last effort from ganner, but I couldn't hold out near long enough.

Final score was
220-163
kezzamachineII
Posted: Tuesday, February 23, 2016 12:30:02 AM

I'm still all go! I've just been to A&E a coupl'a times in the last week in amongst some family and friend commitments... I'll be ready soon as, UrbanShmi!
UrbanShmi
Posted: Friday, February 26, 2016 3:52:25 AM

Match has been scheduled! Not until Monday, unfortunately, but it will happen. Sorry for the delay...meshing schedules across two hemispheres turned out to be tricky;
Amadeus
Posted: Saturday, February 27, 2016 1:25:08 PM

Because I was busy this week I ended up playing basically the same squad from last time:

Amadeus's
--Purge the Heretics!--
138 Yuuzhan Vong Fire Breather x3
19 Yomin Carr
13 Yun-Ne'Shel Priest
6 Advance Scout
12 Varactyl Wrangler x2
12 Yuuzhan Vong Worker x3

VS.

Darth Moore's
--Luke's bounty--
100 Luke Skywalker, Master of the Order
33 Jacen Solo, Jedi Knight
30 Vergere
29 Ganner Rhysode
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2

DM won map roll, so we played on anchorhead. It was a challenge moving my squad of huges through the map but I somehow managed to squeeze them through. It took a few turns to reach each other due to my huges and his positioning tactics.

In the first engagement, Luke was thrown at a flamethrower and managed to drop it down to 60 health using a combination of levitation, lightsaber throw and master speed. My Fire Breathers retaliated against Ganner, dropping him to 20.

At the start of the next round, my advance scout moved to the front and chucked a thud bug at Luke. Failing the save, luke was forced to sit in the open. Jacen moved in and killed the offending scout. Now open to the Firebreathers, he was dropped down to 40 health.

Vergere went in to heal, but afterwards got roasted. Luke escaped with 60 HP after using LS throw again, dealing 30 damage to the FB. Ganner was finished off by a firebreather.

Final score: 59 - 6 in my favour
DarkDracul
Posted: Sunday, February 28, 2016 6:13:34 PM

3pt win for DarkDracul w/ 220 pts (2 rounds of gambit)
1pt loss for DarthRattlehead w/ 121 pts (2 rounds of gambit)

--Revans Porker--
62 Darth Revan, Sith Lord
36 Darth Traya
27 Darth Bandon
17 Ortugg, Gamorrean Leader
3 XT-6 Droid
(199pts. 6 activations)

--vs Dracul--
66 Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi General
65 Mace Windu, Legacy of the Light Side
31 Barriss Offee, Rogue Jedi
29 Aayla Secura, Jedi Knight
9 Ugnaught Demolitionist x3

(200pts. 7 activations)

We played on Cantina and by round 2 we were posturing in gambit. His uggies blew doors and Traya killed them. Aayla force pulled Traya though Barriss mines. Reven ran into the mix and swapped in Caedus. Caedus battled Aayla and Barris. Obi flew out to attack Bandon but got Revan and the Pig in his face. The XT 6 died giving Revan an activation. Mace put a hurting on Caedus. Traya and Caedus killed Alaya and Barriss. Obi flew back basing Traya so she couldn’t get attacks on Mace and the Macashi/SSM battle ensued. Mace murdered Caedus but got the Pig in his face. The pig rolled a Crit for 70dam! Mace made attacks on Pig but rolled ones twice and ended up spending 2pt just to kill the Pig. Revan Bandon and Traya finished off the force depleted Mace. Obi killed Bandon in gambit. It got down to Revan and Traya v.s. Obi. Obi was rolling hot with SSM up until the end. Revan rolled a Crit and Obi failed SSM, spent his last force point and failed again.

It was a fun game with lots of yelps and groans as the vassal die were crazy with the 1s and 20s. Most of the battle was spent outside of gambit. I give the Pig MVP for that game. But the largest factor in my winning was Mace not rolling a crit to get off his flurry, not even once. Whew!
DarthRattlehead
Posted: Sunday, February 28, 2016 6:32:37 PM

Yeah, she was a cracker! Oh wait - mace did get a crit once... to kill the Pig lol.. but i forgot about his flurry LOL
Was an awesome game... that Pig was killer, and Traya with Makashi.. blasted!
Learnt a valuable lesson - never let mace get down to 0FP.. but man, did his force absorb come in handy ... stopped caedus doing all sorts of nasty tricks..
Great game, fun times,,.. and i think my first ever point in a vassal comp.. haha

Look out the rest of ya!
Rich

oh .. and yeah.. download the minicron if you don't have it already, or mace will put some hurt on ya.... I used it today in our game to look up some glossary terms for makashi.. yeah baby.

Peace! and Minis!
rock on
Dr Daman
Posted: Tuesday, March 1, 2016 2:29:10 AM

All games are now completed! Kez tells me he'll write up his game in the morning (NZ time). So at the end of the 2nd round, these are the standings

Mando: 6 pts. (2-0)
Dr Daman: 6 pts. (2-0)
Kezzamachine: 6 pts. (2-0)
Amadeus: 4 pts. (2-0)
UrbanShmi: 4 pts. (1-1)
DarkLordVerjal: 4 pts. (1-1)
FlyingArrow: 4 pts. (1-1)
DarkDracul: 4 pts. (1-1)
Darth O: 3 pts. (1-1)
Caedus: 3 pts. (1-1)
Darth Moore: 1 pts. (0-2)
DarthRattlehead: 1 pts. (0-2)
Urbanjedi: 1 pts. (0-2)
spryguy1981: 1 pts. (0-2)

3rd round pairings to follow
Dr Daman
Posted: Tuesday, March 1, 2016 2:35:39 AM

3rd Round Pairings

Kezzamachine: 6 pts. (2-0) vs. Dr Daman: 6 pts. (2-0)
Mando: 6 pts. (2-0) vs. Amadeus: 4 pts. (2-0)
UrbanShmi: 4 pts. (1-1) vs. FlyingArrow: 4 pts. (1-1)
DarkLordVerjal: 4 pts. (1-1) vs. Caedus: 3 pts. (1-1)
Darth O: 3 pts. (1-1) vs. DarkDracul: 4 pts. (1-1)
Darth Moore: 1 pts. (0-2) vs. Urbanjedi: 1 pts. (0-2)
DarthRattlehead: 1 pts. (0-2) vs. spryguy1981: 1 pts. (0-2)

(Caedus and Darth O were paired, but as they have already played, I had to adjust the pairings manually)

Baring any major hic-ups, we have a week to get these games in.

HAPPY HUNTING
UrbanShmi
Posted: Tuesday, March 1, 2016 3:01:45 AM

Kezz will write up the game, but just for those taking notes, we played on Asteroid Base (his map).

His squad:

--Melee Tanky--
100 Luke Skywalker, Master of the Order
33 Jacen Solo, Jedi Knight
30 Vergere
16 Rakghoul
21 Felucian x3

(200pts. 7 activations)

My squad:

--Shoa'nuff, it's B/S!--
42 The Revanchist
37 Satele Shan
33 Bastila Shan, Jedi Master
28 Shoaneb Culu, Jedi Knight
54 Jedi Battlemaster x2
6 XT-6 Droid x2

(200pts. 8 activations)

kezzamachineII
Posted: Tuesday, March 1, 2016 1:54:40 PM

Yep, I gotta say that Laura is a true awesome person, as I had to keep cancelling due to health things and such, and she made herself available at ridiculous times for my benefit. Kudos, Laura!

Anyhoo, I chose the 100pt Luke build as I was thinking of how one of our local players - JP - a) won a 100pt competition with just him some years ago and b) won our first 2016 tournament, a melee-only 150pt affair, with Luke MotO as his key piece. I love Luke and thought, why the heck not! The Jacen-Vergere build seemed like fun so I went that direction, adding the Felucians as Force Blasting bodyguards (via Luke) and the Rakghoul in case I encountered anything swarmy (and cos' I like calling out, "another Rakghoul!"). I look up this thread (after having not seen it for some time) and see that Darth Moore ran almost the same squad... something in the NZ water, eh?

I freaked a little when I saw the copious amounts of Lightsabers approaching me and had no idea how I might deal with it. I won map (twice now for me) and Laura set up on Asteroid on the right. As we approached (I was in gambit for Round), she split her squad just a little, but it was enough to isolate Satele. Start of round two, I Lightsaber threw Satele, but she absorbed a crit to finish not to far away from where she started health wise. Revan then came in and Force Pushed and I pondered cancelling it, but took it, taking 30 (as I gave Luke VC6). I then came in and Lightning'd with Jacen, bringing Revan to 90 and dropping Satele a little. Satele then retaliated by hitting Jacen twice (and Jacen failed just about every Parry save and FPRR) and bringing in Shoa'nuff to twin Jacen, who was saved by the Embrace. I finished the round by Force Blasting Satele into oblivion and putting 20 on Shoa'nuff.

Next round I lost Jacen (dang bad parry saves and FPRRs) but made, what I thought, was my coolest move by Master Speeding and Throwing against Revan. He had no force points, thanks to the Push, and that meant he could do nothing but fall. I then used a Felucian to block an entrance so a JBM got stuck out there, and threw everything else at the other JBM (who had now arrived to join Shoa'nuff). Start of the next round I - while she was still there - Force Sever the first JBM with Vergere an, after losing Vergere, Luke threw and killed Shoa'nuff. After that, Luke mopped up the two JBMs and Bastila was left stranded as I had enough gambit to end it all.

214-124, 3-1 to me.
DarkLordVerjal
Posted: Friday, March 4, 2016 10:05:01 AM

DarkLordVerjal (234) vs Caedus (110)

63 Darth Bane, Sith'ari
30 Vergere
27 Darth Bandon
7 Felucian
16 Sith Recruit x4
3 XT-6 Droid

(200pts. 10 activations)

vs

Caedus

45 Darth Maul, Death Watch Overlord
42 Savage Oppress
35 Asajj Ventress, Nightsister
27 Darth Bandon
27 Nightsister Mother
17 Nightsister Sith Witch
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2

(199pts. 8 activations)

He won map, 'Cliffside Citadel', and I chose left. After we both made our ways to the center, the battle began. Bane and Caedus cut their way into his team, killing Darth Maul and nearly finishing off Ventress, but were taken unaware by several sneaky crits and storms of powerful Lightning. I am not ashamed to admit, it was an unforeseen outcome. Strategies needed to be changed, and thus relied on my contingencies to get me out of this mess. My opponent was unwilling to give up any ground, pushing his attack and forcing Bane to temporarily retreat.

My Darth Caedus was able to stave off the enemy attack long enough for Bane to get healed by Vergere, unfortunately Bane did not make it to Caedus in time and thus a brave and valiant man was cut down in the prime of his life- but not before taking Savage opress with him. Bane, and what remained of his forces, Vergere Bandon, and some recruits met the enemy head first and took sweet revenge for the loss of Darth Caedus.

Using recruits as self destruct fodder, they surrounded the opponents forces, while Bane used Force Lightning to bring down Ventress, a Sith Witch and severely damaging the opponents Bandon. After losing my own Vergere and all other recruits, all that remained was my Full hp Darth Bandon and an 80hp 4fp Motf3 Bane making him nigh unkillable vs a 80hp Sith witch mother. She perished as I won initiative and Bane cut her down doing 120 damage.

A very exciting match to say the least!
Darth O
Posted: Friday, March 4, 2016 7:35:48 PM

DarkDracul and I just had our game.

His squad:
--Melee Tournamen- Revans Porker--
62 Darth Revan, Sith Lord
36 Darth Traya
27 Darth Bandon
3 XT-6 Droid

(199pts. 6 activations)

Mine:
--Cognitive Recalibration--
50 Darth Cognus
45 Darth Maul, Death Watch Overlord
30 Vergere
10 Droopy McCool
8 Sith Recruit x2
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist

(200pts. 8 activations)

DarkDracul won map and chose Cantina. I set up on the left and gave Maul Crab Armor with Vergere to go with his Teras Kasi. I dropped Droopy in gambit which gave me an early 10-point lead as rounds 1 and 2 were just positioning. At the end of round 3 I killed Ortugg and the XT-6 with Cognus, Maul and Caedus.

All the action happened to the right of the door above gambit. Cognus' Force Suppression meant that it was hard for DarkDracul to use Illusion/Defense/rerolls, so I had the upper hand when trading blows. Doctrine of Fear was also huge. Both our Caeduses used Aing-Tii a couple of times and both made most of their Makashi saves. Vergere healed my Caedus and Cognus a couple of times. My Caedus eventually fell after a 60-damage crit from his Caedus, but not before taking Revan down to 30 HP. Revan swapped with Bandon, who died quickly to Maul and Caedus before his death. After my Caedus died, Traya and other Caedus focused on Cognus but couldn't get much damage through Parry and heals.

Eventually Maul took a couple of AoO's to base Revan and kill him easily due to Force Suppression not allowing him to use LS Defense. Crab Armor and Teras Kasi meant that Maul took almost no damage from Traya and Caedus for the next couple of rounds. The timer signalling the last round went off, and Caedus had 50 HP left. Cognus managed to crit him to bring him down to 10 HP - and 28 defense. Maul then assaulted him and missed the first two attacks and then hit the third, which was Makashi'd away. The final attack hit, and the Makashi failed. The 54 points from Caedus brought me to 223 points in the final round.

Final score: Darth O 223 - 112 DarkDracul
Mando
Posted: Friday, March 4, 2016 8:08:38 PM

Just finished my game with Amadeus. This has got to be the closest match I have ever had! Was a really fun game and exciting game! I lost map roll and Amadeus choose Rancor Pen as his map.

Final score was 191 (mando)-182 (Amadeus) with my squad getting the victory. Here were our squads-

My squad was:

--MeleeCon Vong--
44 Commander Sha'kel
27 Minos, Yuuzhan Vong Warrior
23 Eminence Harrar
19 Yomin Carr
13 Yun-Ne'Shel Priest
9 Dooje Brolo
4 Yuuzhan Vong Worker

(200pts. 10 activations)

Amadeus's squad was:

--Purge the Heretics!--
138 Yuuzhan Vong Fire Breather x3
13 Yun-Ne'Shel Priest
8 Domain Carr Scout
18 Advance Scout x3
12 Varactyl Wrangler x2

(200pts. 11 activations)

This was a amazing game! I thought I was going to lose the game at many points throughout the game and was trying to get at least a 1pt loss. Those Firebreathers have so much HP and my guys were having a hard time not being bunched together. I was able to strategically place some down the line to make it harder for the Firebreathers to use their Flamethrower, but early on they were deadly. I snagged a early round gambit and Amadeus didn't get any. 10-0. I had put Dooje Brolo out front to try and block the Firebreathers from flaming my guys, but a miscalculation on my part lead to one of them getting off a Flamethrower that could ignore Dooje and target my Shakel who was adjacent to Yomin Carr and my Yun Ne'Shel priest. The Yun Priest got torched and failed his first Avoid Defeat save and from then onwards I was regretting that lose immensely. Amadeus had so many guys with Thud Bug it was really swinging the match to his favor. 2 times I got a key attacker activated (Khalee once, and Tsvong Lah once). I was able to use Shakel to try and get some damage through and move my guys around, but it was a hard match trying to get positioning without getting tons of my guys flamed. It took a lot of rounds to kill 2 of his Firebreather and I lost Shakel, Minos and Tsvong Lah in the process. In the last round of the game I am down to 60 HP Harrar, a 60 HP Khalee, a 20 HP Yomin Carr and a Worker. Amadeus has a 100 HP Firebreather with Avoid Defeat, a Vractly Wrangler and his Yun Ne'Shel priest. I am 1 point behind but I have a guy in gambit. Amadeus did a brilliant move and killed Yomin Carr with his flamethrower, so no more spit poisons for my guys. I was able to however get to both his Wrangler and his Yun priest with Harrar killing the wrangler with a regular attack and Khalee using devotion on the Priest and killing him without fear of the priest making the Avoid defeat saves. We each gained 19pts and I had 10pts in gambit to finish the round as time expired, leaving with the final score bing 191-182....my squad barely made it with 9pts to tide me over and get the 2pt win. The game MVP went to Harrar again. He was instrumental in taking out one of the firebreathers which got me caught up in points. I have never lost so many of my guys thus far in this tournament as I did in this match. Thud Bugs were very scary and my loss of my Yun Ne'Shel priest made avery save a nailbitter. Firebreathers take forever to kill and they really are effective in this format. Was a really close game and it was so much fun! Amadeus played his squad the best I think anyone could and so kudo's to him for such a nasty squad build I was able to get the win.....but barely. Pretty much came down to me getting gambit to end the last round to get the points swing I needed to get the win. Really hard fought game and one of my favorite I have ever played! Good game Amadeus!
FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, March 7, 2016 10:07:19 PM

FlyingArrow over UrbanShmi
158-101

My squad:
--Hutt Cartel Melee Only Swarm--
20 Bib Fortuna, Majordomo
23 Wookiee Thug
15 Momaw Nadon
13 Gamorrean Bodyguard
11 Bright Tree Village Ewok
10 Droopy McCool
10 Massiff
9 Gamorrean Guard
8 T'Surr
8 Zygerrian Slaver
7 Jabba, Crime Lord
7 Aqualish Assassin
7 Felucian
7 Talz Warrior
6 Kaminoan Ascetic
5 Weequay Mercenary
4 Salacious Crumb
4 Tusken Raider
3 Ewok
3 Rodian Brute
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist

(200pts. 22 activations)

Her squad:
--Climbing the Walls of the Consulate--
30 Shedao Shai
28 Zenoc Quah
27 Jakan, Most High Priest
18 Yuuzhan Vong Consul
13 Yun-Ne'Shel Priest
11 Advance Agent, Officer
9 Dooje Brolo
5 Tso'asu
5 Zonoma Sekot Scout
3 Shamed One

(210pts. 13 activations)

At the end, the T'surr missed an attack on Tsavong Lah, WE that would have killed him. So he held onto gambit to secure the 1 point. She had some horrendous rolls. Particularly against Salacious Crumb, who might have been the MVP. First, he disrupted the bodyguard's Avoid Defeat (which could have kept going all game). Then he was just an annoyance as there was usually a bigger threat to worry about and then one of her really bad rolls let him live an extra round while he was disrupting Zenoc's +4 Attack.

Top of round 2, I was able to push Momaw forward and take out her 10-pt pieces (Shamed One, Tso'Asu, Dooje Brolo). That gave me a strong enough activation advantage that I was largely able to gang up on and kill whatever tried to stay in gambit, pushing things forward to take advantage of Mighty Swing and Double Attack by not moving on their own turn.
kezzamachineII
Posted: Friday, March 11, 2016 2:04:47 PM

Played Daman, lost, he'll write it up.