RegisterDonateLogin

Bluer than a Rutian Twi'lek on a cold day.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

All Melee, 200pt Vassal Comp!! Options
juice man
Posted: Tuesday, February 9, 2016 10:35:11 AM
Groups: Member

I've heard Ewoks taste best when flash seared.Blushing
jak
Posted: Tuesday, February 9, 2016 11:28:49 AM

juice man wrote:

"I likes them raw, and wiggly"
Mando
Posted: Tuesday, February 9, 2016 11:33:57 AM

jak wrote:
juice man wrote:

"I likes them raw, and wiggly"

LOL

Fun to see some Gollum quotes on the forums!
DarthRattlehead
Posted: Tuesday, February 9, 2016 11:50:36 AM

Argh!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Has this already started, or can i register? :)

I LOOOOOVE MELEE MADNESS!
FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, February 9, 2016 12:08:05 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Dr Daman would have to give up his bye to let you in. I hear he's pretty cut-throat, though. He probably wants to keep the free 3point win. After all, he rigged it to give himself those 3 points in the first place.

:)
Dr Daman
Posted: Tuesday, February 9, 2016 3:31:38 PM

FlyingArrow wrote:
Dr Daman would have to give up his bye to let you in. I hear he's pretty cut-throat, though. He probably wants to keep the free 3point win. After all, he rigged it to give himself those 3 points in the first place.

:)

Dr Daman
Posted: Tuesday, February 9, 2016 3:33:12 PM

DarthRattlehead wrote:
Argh!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Has this already started, or can i register? :)

I LOOOOOVE MELEE MADNESS!

Of course you can. You just have to play me BlooMilk
spryguy1981
Posted: Tuesday, February 9, 2016 5:34:58 PM

Long void of a forgotton remnant of Jedi, the Ossus temple has been overrun with creatures. Ancient and Modern Sith seek the knowledge of the whereabouts of the Jedi. Little did they know their quest would force them to confront the most heinous of creatures. 2 Sarlaac's had grown within the depths of the temple. Hordes of Vornskr's roamed the halls seeking things to devour. An ancient Rancor Keeper named Malakili had hidden himself in there along with a Weequay having escaped Jabba's palace years ago. However the Sith mustered their strength and defeated the savage beasts. Bane barely escaping with his life.

So in the Spirit of having fun I ran the following.
2 Sarlaac's (yes you are reading that right)
Vornskr Alpha
4 Ravenous Vornskrs
Malakili
Weequay Leader (again, yes you are reading that right)
Ithorian Commander

vs

Darth Bane-Sith'ari
Darth Caedus-Sith Lord
Vergere
Darth Bandon
4 Sith Recruits
XT-6
Felucian

I set up the Sarlaac's in gambit and it was round 3 before any real combat started. In the end he won 236-155
3pt win for him 1pt loss for me.

Bane had 20 HP and had one of my misses hit he does die. I did at least manage to get off a Paralysis save. Vergere's healing made it too much for me to overcome. It was fun nevertheless and was nice to run something off the wall and fun.
Mando
Posted: Wednesday, February 10, 2016 8:43:31 PM

had my match vs Urbanjedi. Game ended with a 3pt win for me. Final score was 210-10.

my squad:
--MeleeCon Vong--
44 Commander Sha'kel
28 Tsavong Lah, Warrior Elite
27 Minos, Yuuzhan Vong Warrior
23 Eminence Harrar
22 Khalee Lah, Warrior Progeny
19 Yomin Carr
13 Yun-Ne'Shel Priest
11 Yuuzhan Vong Ossus Protector
9 Dooje Brolo
4 Yuuzhan Vong worker

(200pts. 10 activations)

urbanjedi's squad:
--melee--
48 Kyp Durron, Jedi Master
45 Saba Sebatyne
40 Anakin Solo, Galactic Hero
29 Ganner Rhysode
27 Mighella, Black Sun Bodyguard
11 Yuuzhan Vong Ossus Protector

(200pts. 6 activations)

map roll was won by me and i choose me map, Jabba's Palace.

Had a nice activation advantage and all the tricks the Vong had made for a rough night for the NR. I haven't played Vong in a while and made some mistakes due to being rusty with the squad (haven't played a squad like this since V10 playtesting), but I did use Harrar strategically to make it so spit poisons were auto dmg and also so that all the attacks were unblockable and the poison saves automatically fail. Khalee and Tsvong Lah were already good with the Yun Yammka Devotion granting them tank busting ability and since the opponent they used it against fails all saves, that meant the poison saves were a automatic 10 more dmg. I had a lot of my guys fall to low HP but no one ever died and Shakel's Doctrine of Fear did a lot to make it that way. Shakel ended with 20 HP and was super hard to hit. I made some mental errors with getting my Ossus protector into position to be effective, but thankfully the toughness of the rest of the squad made it so that it wasn't a entirely costly mistake. The Ossus protector had Avoid Defeat and with the Yun priest...if he body guarded dmg and died he would only need 2 7's and he's still there to absorb another hit. Never got a chance to showcase that little bit in the match, but its just wrong when it happens and is deservedly a NPE. Game ended when Harrar and a bunch of vong swarmed around Ganner and spit poison at him, with Harrar making Ganner auto fail every single save. Spit poison accounted for 140 dmg this game, with most of it being automatic dmg. Harrar is quite strong in this format, although you need to be careful with when and how you use him cause he also hurts your squad to. Good game! Jason played his squad very well and had i been running something other than Vong, it would have been really hard to deal with all that Brutal Strike he had.
Dr Daman
Posted: Thursday, February 11, 2016 8:02:40 PM

Gonna keep the 1st round open till the end of the weekend so we can all get those games in!
kezzamachineII
Posted: Saturday, February 13, 2016 10:46:29 PM

Paul/Darth Moore and I managed to get our match in last night NZ time. I ran a Lah-dominated Vong squad and he brought a scary looking Palps/Ani double-Sarlacc squad that had me rather freaked out. A big piece of the puzzle was that I won map and went with Asteroid Base (Rhen Var would have hurt!). I'll try long story I as soon as, but I edged out the Empire 215-131 in a heavy hitting smash fest.

Have Valentines Day from Warmaster Tsavong Lah!
FlyingArrow
Posted: Sunday, February 14, 2016 9:06:26 PM

Vong are now 3-0 in this tournament.
Dr Daman
Posted: Monday, February 15, 2016 2:14:45 AM

The last game has now been played and it was an epic showdown between the Republic (DarthRattlehead) and the Separatists (Dr Daman). The battle was waged on Muunilinst, in the Grand Plazza (I won map roll)

I played

--Dooku Domination--
100 Dooku
42 General Grievous, Hero of Hypori
35 Asajj Ventress, Nightsister
10 Droopy McCool
6 Rodian Brute x2
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2

and Rich played

66 Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi General
65 Mace Windu, Legacy of the Light Side
34 Voolvif Monn
29 Aayla Secura, Jedi Knight

Dooku handed out Makashi to Ventress and we were ready to go! First round we both just rushed the gambit area and never left it for the remainder of the game. I won initiative in all rounds as my dice were pretty lucky. In the second round I went 1st with Droopy and tried to use Soothe on Mace. First roll was a 2, FPRR to a 6, FPRR to a 5 and Mace was activated! Great start for me! Next Rich used Aayla to Force Pull Droopy next to her and dropped him to 20hp. Then he finished Droopy off with Voolvif. Dead Droopy, but he'd done his job. As retribution, Dooku ran forward and unleashed a vicious Chain Lightening, hitting Mace, Obi, Voolvif and both uggies. He flew Obi away to just outside the top of gambit and I followed him with Grievous, but both his attacks were swatted away with Soresu. Ventress ran at Mace using a FP to get there and hit her 1st attack. Mace riposted, but with parry and Makashi, nothing was getting through. She missed her 2nd attack and I had to make the decision to used Dooku's CE. I went with the safe option and didn't reroll (even though I only needed 2's to hit). Round 3 started with Obi Surprise Moving away from Grievous. Grievous activated first using his Spinning Blades to hit Mace and Voolvif. Mace riposted and Grievous failed some parries to drop him down to 70.
Voolvif was down to 10hp and decided to sacrifice himself with a Force Push 3 to move Grievous next to Mace (if Mace moved, he wouldn't have got Obi's Extra Attack CE) so he could pummel him into the ground. Four attacks with no crits and two parries later, Grievous was looking frail on 30hp. Mace was also on 30 so Ventress finished him off and run back into gambit. Aayla moved next to Grievous and used Brutal Strike to try and finish him off, but rolled a 2 and left him on 10hp. Obi flew in to try and remove the General but a well timed parry saved him by the skin of his teeth! Dooku rushed Obi and put 20 on him and that was the end of the round. Round 3 was our last round. I started out using Grievous to take care of Aayla, but then he finally fell to the blade of Obi. Dooku ended the battle by running Obi through with four hits off his lightsaber. Score was 220-72

New pairings to follow soon
Dr Daman
Posted: Monday, February 15, 2016 2:32:31 AM

At the end of round one, these are the standings

Darth O: 3 pts. (1-0)
DarkLordVerjal: 3 pts. (1-0)
Dr Daman: 3 pts. (1-0)
Mando: 3 pts. (1-0)
Kezzamachine: 3 pts. (1-0)
UrbanShmi: 3 pts. (1-0)
Amadeus: 2 pts. (1-0)
spryguy1981: 1 pts. (0-1)
Darth Moore: 1 pts. (0-1)
FlyingArrow: 1 pts. (0-1)
DarkDracul: 1 pts. (0-1)
DarthRattlehead: 0 pts. (0-1)
Caedus: 0 pts. (0-1)
Urbanjedi: 0 pts. (0-1)
Dr Daman
Posted: Monday, February 15, 2016 2:33:44 AM

Second Round Pairings

DarkLordVerjal: 3 pts. (1-0) vs. Mando: 3 pts. (1-0)
Darth O: 3 pts. (1-0) vs. Dr Daman: 3 pts. (1-0)
Kezzamachine: 3 pts. (1-0) vs. UrbanShmi: 3 pts. (1-0)
spryguy1981: 1 pts. (0-1) vs. FlyingArrow: 1 pts. (0-1)
Darth Moore: 1 pts. (0-1) vs. Amadeus: 2 pts. (1-0)
DarkDracul: 1 pts. (0-1) vs. DarthRattlehead: 0 pts. (0-1)
Caedus: 0 pts. (0-1) vs. Urbanjedi: 0 pts. (0-1)
FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, February 15, 2016 9:08:53 PM

FlyingArrow over spryguy1981
225-81

My squad:
--Dropping Bombs - Melee Only--
62 Darth Revan, Sith Lord
40 Warb Null
27 Darth Bandon
22 Vestara Khai
20 Darth Wyyrlok III
20 Queen Amanoa
9 XT-6 Droid x3

(200pts. 9 activations)

Spry's squad:
--Droid Melee--
57 General Grievous, Droid Army Commander
54 IG-110 Lightsaber Droid x2
27 MagnaGuard Officer
44 Grievous's Bodyguard Droid x2
15 Momaw Nadon
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist

(200pts. 8 activations)
Darth O
Posted: Thursday, February 18, 2016 1:50:48 PM

Dr Daman vs Darth O on Peaceful City

Dr Daman's squad:
--Comes With Pickles Pickles (Melee)--
48 Cin Drallig, Jedi Battlemaster
39 Quinlan Vos, Double Agent
30 Serra Keto
29 Aayla Secura, Jedi Knight
23 Foul Moudama
18 Jar Jar Binks
10 Droopy McCool
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist

(200pts. 8 activations)

My squad:
--Bruthahood of Khuzzins--
62 Darth Revan, Sith Lord
54 Darth Caedus, Sith Lord
36 Lord Kaan
34 Ludo Kressh
8 Sith Recruit x2

(200pts. 8 activations)

I set up on the right of Peaceful City. Cin gave Quinlan and Serra Makashi Style, and Quinlan used Caedus' +3/+3 CE. First round was positioning. Revan activated first in the second round, killing Droopy McCool with Assault. He then swapped out for Ludo. Daman ran Jar Jar next to Ludo, who then used sith rage to put 40 on Jar Jar and 30 to himself. Daman used Foul to lift Quinlan next to Kaan and brought him down to 30 HP. Kaan hit back, but no damage went through Makashi and 24 defense. Caedus ran up to Jar Jar and tried to attack him, but the attack was redirected to Ludo. This put him at 50 HP, so I chose to used Presumed Dead to bring him back to full health in my starting zone.

Revan started the third round by Assaulting Jar Jar. Bombad Gungan failed for the first attack, and Jar Jar was dead after a reroll. Foul used Force Leap to lift Quinlan next to Revan, who was then reduced to 70 HP by Quinlan. I believe Serra brought Revan down to 10 HP, and then Cin finished him off. I think Aayla used Brutal Strike to reduce Caedus down to 30 HP. Caedus then got her down to 70 HP. Kaan ran 6 to base Quinlan and used Backlash, but both Makashi saves were successful.

With Revan gone, Daman won initiative. Caedus used Aing-Tii to bring Aayla down to 10 HP. Then Cin attacked Caedus and did no damage, running out of the Thought Bomb's range with Greater Mobile. Caedus attempted to bring Serra within range of dying to the Thought Bomb with a failed save, but both Makashi saves were successful. Kaan then triggered the Thought Bomb, hoping for someone to fail the save and become easy pickings for Ludo. Nope. Everyone including Ludo made their save. Quinlan then ended the game with a crit on Ludo.

Dr Daman wins the game 220-94
CorranHornsux123
Posted: Thursday, February 18, 2016 1:59:41 PM

sadly cant play on Vassal right now due to being buried in school work but here would be my team if i were to participate.

Revan Kenobi
Dr Daman
Posted: Sunday, February 21, 2016 7:25:25 PM

Dr Daman wrote:
Second Round Pairings

So far I only have results from My game with Oli and spry v FlyingArrow. Has anybody else played their game? Do we need a little more time to complete this round?
Caedus
Posted: Sunday, February 21, 2016 7:31:25 PM

Dr Daman wrote:
Dr Daman wrote:
Second Round Pairings

So far I only have results from My game with Oli and spry v FlyingArrow. Has anybody else played their game? Do we need a little more time to complete this round?

Due to Frosty Con, Urbanjedi and I will be playing our game tomorrow night US Time