RegisterDonateLogin

You don't know the power of Bloo Milk.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC - anybody interested in getting this going again? Options
donnyrides
Posted: Tuesday, March 29, 2016 5:15:19 AM
Groups: Member

Custom mini competition.
It's been a while, but it was one of the most fun things we did on the forum. The way it worked was one person would pick a character and the group would each build a custom for the character. Then we would score each piece. After everybody scored, the scores would be added up and the week's winner would be crowned. They don't really win anything but pride, but they also get to pick the following week's character.

Whether the Vset team cared about the CCC or not, I think it gave a good insight to where the community wanted the meta to go, so it has added purpose other than just being a way to unlock creative juices BigGrin BlooMilk

Here is an example of our old threads. Ignore the canon part though, (thanks Disney...)
CCC_example

If interested, simply sign up.

1. Donny
2. General_Grievous
3. CorellianComedian
4. Lafcadio
5. jak
6. Caedus
etc.
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, March 29, 2016 7:04:36 AM

I'm in too! It's a fun time
CorellianComedian
Posted: Tuesday, March 29, 2016 7:07:14 AM

Sure, sign me up.
donnyrides
Posted: Tuesday, March 29, 2016 12:58:25 PM

Anybody else?
Lafcadio
Posted: Tuesday, March 29, 2016 1:56:02 PM

Sure! I'll join! I'm still rather new at SWM, and am not terribly familiar with the extended universe, so my characters may not be very true to the actual character, but I'll do my best and see what happens. (Don't feel at all like you have to take it easy on me or anything though. Go ahead and pick as obscure of characters as you want, and rank my pieces as you see fit!)

This sounds like fun! Thanks for setting this up! I look forward to it!
surf_rider56
Posted: Wednesday, March 30, 2016 7:56:49 AM

I recall we wound up picking almost exclusively uniques and mostly well known characters (and what our own takes were) and while I love the idea and support it, I'm not a "unique" guy so I'll bow out unless its a non-unique. Enjoy.
donnyrides
Posted: Wednesday, March 30, 2016 8:55:47 AM

I'm all for making minion style pieces if that is what is selected. I actually like them too because you are not really bound by lore. You can make Clone Trooper Net Gun Expert or a StrormTrooper Elite ____ and make whatever you want. It's all up to the winner. Feel free to jump in any time you like.
jak
Posted: Wednesday, March 30, 2016 1:12:15 PM

Sure, count me in!ThumpUp
donnyrides
Posted: Wednesday, March 30, 2016 1:31:55 PM

Cool!!
I'd like to get about 6 to 8 people but the more the better. All are welcome.

We will start on Monday. I'll give a starting character on monday morning (US CDT -600) around 8:00 am.

Caedus
Posted: Wednesday, March 30, 2016 1:36:33 PM

put me in
donnyrides
Posted: Monday, April 4, 2016 5:16:09 AM

Here are the new rules. Semi Ignore #1 since Disney hosed Cannon. but the premise is the same.

1. The character must be cannon and from the chosen faction. They can have affinity, but the character must start in the chosen faction.

2. You may update any existing versions you already have and/or create a new one. You may update/create several versions of the character but you must ultimately select 1 you wish to run with. (this must be done by the schedule below)

3. Place a hyperlink in this forum to make it easier to find your character. You can just post the stats or image here but if changes are needed it would be easier (and save space) if you just used a Hyperlink (If you don't know how to post Hyperlinks in a forum setting please ask and we will help you. It's not hard )

4. Please rate the characters in this contest, however don't be brutal and 1 bomb the other characters in this contest. This is a friendly contest, just have fun, be honest and do your best. Try to keep them between 7 and 10 with quarter sized fractions if needed. .25 .50 .75. 7 being reserved for a massive no effort and 10s for when something really knocks your socks off.

5. Voting will look like this: "I rated ([Player-A] an 8, [Player-B] a 9, and [Player-C] a 7. My vote goes to [Player-B] . (this vote counts as 1 point) Please feel free to comment on why you made your choice, (what you liked) or not and just put your scores.

6. Too make things fair you must vote in order to win the contest. You must vote for all characters entered in the contest and you may not rate or vote for your own character.

7. The character that is rated the highest in the Bloo Milk rating system will receive a bonus of 2 points. The winner will be decided by how many points they receive (for example: so-and-so(B) received 3 individual votes and received the bonus 2 for being the highest rated character for a total of 5 points)

8. you may not change or update the entered character AFTER the deadline (from Tuesday-Thursday you may get advice and change your character accordingly) Friday at midnight [US central -600] before any votes are cast is the deadline.

The schedule will be like this: Monday the winner of last weeks CCC will announce his choice for the character (including his faction), from Tuesday till Friday characters can be created/updated but on Friday you must have picked one character to submit. Then voting will be held on Saturday, Sunday and Monday until noon [US central -600]. Monday night the winner will be announced and the next character picked.
The first piece of the rebooted Custom Contest is:
Plo Koon. - Republic.

make him as massive or as tiny as possible. consider the 2 plo koon pieces that already exist and maybe check out some Wookieepedia stuff to get ideas.

Can't wait to see what you guys come up with.
Good luck
~DR
Naarkon
Posted: Monday, April 4, 2016 8:00:32 AM

Is it too late for me to join in?
surf_rider56
Posted: Monday, April 4, 2016 8:56:10 AM

Yea. yea. I just said I wouldn't do any uniques; but this card happens to have been made last summer as an intellectual exercise and I never released it (precisely because I don't do uniques.) What can I say its there, I might as well throw it out. FYI, for those that don't know me, I don't "Do" stats; its either a playable card (with everything fitting in the space) or its not being done, and those that Do know me, what did you expect? BigGrin

Updated. Please note!
donnyrides
Posted: Monday, April 4, 2016 9:27:42 AM

Naarkon, you are just in time. jump in.

Surf_Rider, That is a super powerful Plo, I like it. I question. If he has melee, doesn't CQF make him an attack 18?
This is a Plo Koon worth dusting off my old unplayed plo koon figure off for. very cool piece.
surf_rider56
Posted: Monday, April 4, 2016 9:48:22 AM

donnyrides wrote:
Naarkon, you are just in time. jump in.

Surf_Rider, That is a super powerful Plo, I like it. I question. If he has melee, doesn't CQF make him an attack 18?
This is a Plo Koon worth dusting off my old unplayed plo koon figure off for. very cool piece.

From Wook, and I quote "Possessing great strength, Koon was a master of hand-to-hand combat." I would think as one of the most powerful Jedi at that point in history, with a Jedi Masters Speed and reactions, why not 18; although one Could argue it shouldn't stack with the Lightsaber's 14 but I'm not nitpicking. I read Wook and this is what I came up with 8-9 monts ago ....
donnyrides
Posted: Monday, April 4, 2016 10:04:01 AM

I'm not contesting the 18, I'm just thinking you could save some card space by maybe splitting the difference and making him attack 16 and drop CQF.
surf_rider56
Posted: Monday, April 4, 2016 10:13:25 AM

donnyrides wrote:
I'm not contesting the 18, I'm just thinking you could save some card space by maybe splitting the difference and making him attack 16 and drop CQF.

Ahhh, but with 16 now you're going into Revan, Lord Hoth, Mace & Luke territory; I don't think he's Top 5 all time .....
Naarkon
Posted: Monday, April 4, 2016 11:20:14 AM

I think what donnyrides is trying to say is that with melee attack, he is never NOT going to have the bonus from CQF, thus basically giving him a constant +18 attack.

Other than that, I really like him. Shien and fog make him really tough against shooters.
surf_rider56
Posted: Monday, April 4, 2016 2:10:52 PM

Naarkon wrote:
I think what donnyrides is trying to say is that with melee attack, he is never NOT going to have the bonus from CQF, thus basically giving him a constant +18 attack.

Other than that, I really like him. Shien and fog make him really tough against shooters.

... and that's the beauty of this game, one man's just right is another man's "Too Much" or "Too Little."

I think shooters have Waaay too much advantage in this game; more than the Star Wars official people (WOTC or anyone else) probably ever meant to have, but that's another story.
CorellianComedian
Posted: Tuesday, April 5, 2016 9:26:05 AM

Okay, mine's ready. (Excellent choice for a first round, DR)

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/25322/jedi-general-plo-koon

@surf: really nice card! Plo really deserves a 65-point piece, and that pic would make an epic sculpt if the mini were 'official.' For the record, it always bugs me horribly when you give a melee piece CQF instead of just raising it's normal attack by 4 points, but either way I like the high attack - it balances well with Double, and suits Koon well - he always seems to be a very precise fighter. I am always a fan of Force Push 4, especially with Renewal 2 and on an awesome piece like Koon.

@all: so, aren't we supposed to post our customs here, and link to our customs? I've seen several cool Plo Koon customs go up that aren't mentioned here at all...

EDIT: Just saw that Naarkon's Plo also gives out Avoid Defeat as well ThumpUp . I promise, I did not intentionally copy him.