RegisterDonateLogin

You can waste time with your friends later.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC - anybody interested in getting this going again? Options
donnyrides
Posted: Tuesday, April 5, 2016 9:35:00 AM
Groups: Member

Here is mine

master-plo-koon

It is a mid to high level jedi build with a very unique force power/movement breaker. I wanted to go crazy and make a monster, but I thought about playability and it's ability to fit into a squad with other good pieces and still make the 200 point cut. His fighting is a bit meh on my build but I think it is a vast improvement over the WotC pieces. Order 66 pieces don't really do it for me like they used to.
surf_rider56
Posted: Tuesday, April 5, 2016 10:08:18 AM

CorellianComedian wrote:
Okay, mine's ready. (Excellent choice for a first round, DR)

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/25322/jedi-general-plo-koon

@surf: really nice card! Plo really deserves a 65-point piece, and that pic would make an epic sculpt if the mini were 'official.' For the record, it always bugs me horribly when you give a melee piece CQF instead of just raising it's normal attack by 4 points, but either way I like the high attack - it balances well with Double, and suits Koon well - he always seems to be a very precise fighter. I am always a fan of Force Push 4, especially with Renewal 2 and on an awesome piece like Koon.

@all: so, aren't we supposed to post our customs here, and link to our customs? I've seen several cool Plo Koon customs go up that aren't mentioned here at all...

EDIT: Just saw that Naarkon's Plo also gives out Avoid Defeat as well ThumpUp . I promise, I did not intentionally copy him.

Two comments before the we get to your take; I saw the Baron Do Sage bit in Wook, but I didn't think much about it other than look up "Brain Death" which didn't seem to be a direction I wanted to go in. I also Seriously considered Force Lightning as a FP (nice move with the Electric Judgement) but considered Push took up enough space; Lightning was overkill.

Stats: you went with the bonding to Wolfe and the clones (hence the General in the name) and Defender and the CE go nicely with it; you're assuming a Wolfe character will be made BigGrin Were you anticipating A Plo with your Defender that you made last month?
surf_rider56
Posted: Tuesday, April 5, 2016 10:26:36 AM

donnyrides wrote:
Here is mine

master-plo-koon

It is a mid to high level jedi build with a very unique force power/movement breaker. I wanted to go crazy and make a monster, but I thought about playability and it's ability to fit into a squad with other good pieces and still make the 200 point cut. His fighting is a bit meh on my build but I think it is a vast improvement over the WotC pieces. Order 66 pieces don't really do it for me like they used to.

First off, any piece is better than the WOTC pieces Cool ... and you're right he's not much offensively; having said that, you seem to have made him a situational piece. To use Pull, you need to get close; you may use up a couple force points to do that. Not sure how I feel about TacLev. It's a good example of what all Jedi should be able to do yet the game never went there. If he plays with somebody who can orce Sense stealthies out of hiding, he could be useful. have you played him?
donnyrides
Posted: Tuesday, April 5, 2016 10:35:46 AM

I've used Pull2 on the new ben skywalker and it is amazing. I was able to pull an enemy across a door then lock the door so he was trapped on my side. Since then, it's one of my favorite FPs. Force Pull with twin, makes it even better and gives a little more bite to the ability mix I went with. I have to say, I'm upset I dropped the ball on Emerald Lightning though. Wish I would have added it but I like my custom TacLev as well.
Lafcadio
Posted: Tuesday, April 5, 2016 1:31:32 PM

Here's my Plo Koon Custom

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/25310/plo-koon-in-jedi-starfighter

I thought I'd go with a unique (no pun intended) route with my Koon custom. It's supposed to represent him during episode III right before he gets assassinated by his troops.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Specifically on cost. I'm really bad at coming up with reasonably pricing pieces.

I'm liking what I'm seeing with the other Plo Koon customs too! Keep it up!
Naarkon
Posted: Tuesday, April 5, 2016 3:21:36 PM

Here is mine.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/25306/general-plo-koon

I was going for someone who had some good damage and survivalbility but who mainly helped others, since that is what Plo seems to do the most of. Camaraderie is both because he was the one who found Ahsoka and because the original Ahsoka could use a boost.
surf_rider56
Posted: Tuesday, April 5, 2016 6:21:34 PM

Lafcadio wrote:
Here's my Plo Koon Custom

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/25310/plo-koon-in-jedi-starfighter

I thought I'd go with a unique (no pun intended) route with my Koon custom. It's supposed to represent him during episode III right before he gets assassinated by his troops.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Specifically on cost. I'm really bad at coming up with reasonably pricing pieces.

I'm liking what I'm seeing with the other Plo Koon customs too! Keep it up!

Well, the good news is the cost would be closer to 57, not 65.

The Bad news, "It'll Never Fly" ... even an Epic card would be a tight fit. Explanation - You've got 43 lines of text. Card text boxes can barely fit 28 lines ( and I "cheated" by going .75 line space instead of my standard .8) but even ignoring the technical aspect, my Plo card is crowded at 28, and I'm very picky.

.... and for all I know, you don't care; I always make cards with the idea that they're usable/playable. You )and other stat guys) may only make them for fun (as opposed to usable) so what do I Know! Cool

The idea .... First impression

Mounted? Kinda hard to have a gunner "adjacent? to a starfighter.

Mobile? Might as well go GMA!

Vehicle. Like the idea of him "landing/leaving the starfighter, but at speed 16, he could literally fly to the opposite side of map; that could be a slight meta-changer.

The Force powers - might have been easier to just give him evade & deadeye

The CE - I'm already thinking if the pilots/gunners want to take advantage, Plo can't move until they all use it, otherwise he's "gone" to the other side of the board; and by the way, when he goes back into "starship" mode, does he officially activate and lose a move until next turn when he can then officially take off?

All I can say is WOTC never made people/vehicles with a separation ability, possibly for a reason. I like the idea, but I'm not sure it works, game-wise. For fun? Why not.
surf_rider56
Posted: Tuesday, April 5, 2016 6:40:01 PM

Naarkon wrote:
Here is mine.

I was going for someone who had some good damage and survivalbility but who mainly helped others, since that is what Plo seems to do the most of. Camaraderie is both because he was the one who found Ahsoka and because the original Ahsoka could use a boost.

For your purposes of helping others, like Camaraderie and the CE ThumpUp Although I agree with Donny, giving Ashoka something that Plo doesn't have .... and why Impulsive?

Wook says he was a Master of Shien; why Djem So?

Deathstrike is an interesting idea for a Jedi. Like Precision 2. No Telekinisis abilities? For 45 points, he should kick more azz!

FYI - his cost is closer to 49
surf_rider56
Posted: Wednesday, April 6, 2016 5:15:49 AM

Well, I've always operated on comments and since my CQF seems to have generated the most ???? I've changed things around. CQF is now Teräs Käsi Style and Attack is up to 16; the price has gone up to 69 (who knew Cool )

Pic has accordingly been changed.

I was rereading Wook and researching last night; apparently somewhere in the past he actually had Djem So (in Wook) but it was rewritten 2-3 years ago to Shien with a side of Ataru, so I'll stick to Shien, but I better understand why some older stats claim Djem So. As an aside, I'd rather have Shien; better protection and he already hits hard enough.

Cheers.
jak
Posted: Wednesday, April 6, 2016 6:55:16 AM

surf_rider56
Posted: Wednesday, April 6, 2016 7:33:33 AM

jak wrote:

Very nice in its simplicity. I like Twin better than Double too, but I go with Double out of tradition BigGrin
Jedi Reflexes are a nice touch.

I used to love Lightsaber Defense, but my last few outings I noticed you burn through FP's dang quick doing that, that you barely have anything left when its your turn. As such, I've tried not to rely on it as my only shooter defense; and with shooters hitting into the mid-upper 20's these days, you get whittled down fast.

I seem to sense a pattern with Precision; a lot of you are including it ... hmm did I miss a memo? Blink

donnyrides
Posted: Wednesday, April 6, 2016 8:31:18 AM

Precision is a great ability to give to a low to mid costed piece because it's something you have to pay to use which keeps costs down and it fits the current piece we are working on because he was a very skilled fighter. Adding things like hunter or assassin cunning, opportunist etc add to the cost of the card. I like precision on Plo Koon. I wish Sith Rage would have been worded differently so that Lightside pieces could use it.
Naarkon
Posted: Wednesday, April 6, 2016 8:34:59 AM

surf_rider56 wrote:
Naarkon wrote:
Here is mine.

For your purposes of helping others, like Camaraderie and the CE ThumpUp Although I agree with Donny, giving Ashoka something that Plo doesn't have .... and why Impulsive?

Wook says he was a Master of Shien; why Djem So?

Deathstrike is an interesting idea for a Jedi. Like Precision 2. No Telekinisis abilities? For 45 points, he should kick more azz!

FYI - his cost is closer to 49

Impulsive advance is so she can move before her built-in impulsive sweep (she can do that, right?). Deathstrike represents him protecting others. The name doesn't fit, but the effect is what I was looking for. Precision was sort of just because the WotC pieces had it. Also, he can use it on Djem So (again, I think I'm interpreting that correctly). I missed on Wook that he used Shien, so I gave him something that I thought fit.

I guess I don't get what's wrong with camaraderie giving out abilities that he doesn't have. I was trying to give Ahsoka abilities that she could have had on her own but make an old peice playable again.

Thanks for all the feedback, I don't make customs too often.
donnyrides
Posted: Thursday, April 7, 2016 6:26:21 AM

Friday at midnight is the deadline. If you are seeking more input from others on your piece feel free to ask. Also feel free to PM me or anybody in the group for thoughts if you feel that you don't want the entire world to see your ideas or questions.
Voting and grading goes from Saturday through the end of Sunday
I will combine scores and announce the winner on Monday.

So far, everything is moving along well. We have a wide range of pieces. I've consolidated all the links that we have so far below for easy access.

CorellianComedian
jedi-general-plo-koon

Donnyrides
master-plo-koon

Lafcadio
plo-koon-in-jedi-starfighter

Naarkon
general-plo-koon

Jak
plo-koon

Surf_rider
Lafcadio
Posted: Thursday, April 7, 2016 7:52:07 AM

Going off the comments I have gotten on mine, I've made a few changes, and would like to hear what people think:

Here is a revised version of mine: http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/25326/plo-koon-in-starfighter

If you guys would be willing to tell me what you think of this one, things about it that you like better than the other one,and vice versa, That'd be great! Thank you!
CorellianComedian
Posted: Thursday, April 7, 2016 7:55:20 AM

@Surf - Just realized, you should've left Plo with CQF instead of Teras Kasi. When yours was at 65 points, you could air-drop your Plo via Lafcadio's Starfighter. Ha! (EDIT: Lafcadio's is now 52 points. nevermind Blushing)

I still like him a lot. Super tanky, but no Mettle keeps him honest. Push 4 actually balances out his Renewal very nicely, because you can choose between powerful auto-damage or epic damage negation - but either way, his damage output is still only 40 per round.

I would seriously love to use this piece.

Also, in reference to your question, I was not anticipating make a Plo Koon at all when I made Anakin, but I thought it fit perfectly for a Jedi General.

@all - will be adjusting the cost in mine in just a second.
surf_rider56
Posted: Thursday, April 7, 2016 8:23:30 AM

Lafcadio wrote:
Going off the comments I have gotten on mine, I've made a few changes, and would like to hear what people think:

Here is a revised version of mine: http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/25326/plo-koon-in-starfighter

If you guys would be willing to tell me what you think of this one, things about it that you like better than the other one,and vice versa, That'd be great! Thank you!

...and you guys say "I've" got a Tank? Laf, I've got to agree with CC; Strafe + Speed 16 + 30 Damage + Shields 2 you could clear off a board except for major pieces in two sweeps. It's a little much ....
surf_rider56
Posted: Thursday, April 7, 2016 8:41:05 AM

CorellianComedian wrote:
@Surf - Just realized, you should've left Plo with CQF instead of Teras Kasi. When yours was at 65 points, you could air-drop your Plo via Lafcadio's Starfighter. Ha! (EDIT: Lafcadio's is now 52 points. nevermind Blushing)

I still like him a lot. Super tanky, but no Mettle keeps him honest. Push 4 actually balances out his Renewal very nicely, because you can choose between powerful auto-damage or epic damage negation - but either way, his damage output is still only 40 per round.

I would seriously love to use this piece.

Also, in reference to your question, I was not anticipating make a Plo Koon at all when I made Anakin, but I thought it fit perfectly for a Jedi General.

@all - will be adjusting the cost in mine in just a second.

Like the set of Force Powers you've given him; besides the make sense; you must like the Baron Do to want to boost them. Also, your CE, will troopers really be alive much after getting hit to use Tenacious D (starring Jack Black?)

FYI - the cost should be about 54 now.
surf_rider56
Posted: Thursday, April 7, 2016 11:34:27 AM

CC, I was bored, noticed your V-Set requests and I have a present for ya on my thread. What can I say, I'm laid up and bored on vacation ....
CorellianComedian
Posted: Thursday, April 7, 2016 12:16:42 PM

surf_rider56 wrote:
Like the set of Force Powers you've given him; besides the make sense; you must like the Baron Do to want to boost them. Also, your CE, will troopers really be alive much after getting hit to use Tenacious D (starring Jack Black?)

FYI - the cost should be about 54 now.

Not super into the Baran Do, but it's a cool piece in need of a little help. When I saw that Plo was a member of the Baran Do I thought "Hey, why not?" I'm kind of envisioning a squad where Plo and a couple of Sages protect some of those Clones that hit hard but have low survivability (i.e. Clones with Repeaters).

They won't get a ton of use out of Tenacious, aside from it makes Avoid Defeat a little easier.

I'll look at costing some more. I know he throws a lot of support out there, but it's all very specific and/or helps a very uncompetitive group of pieces. I am generally a fan of "aggressively" costing pieces that help weak pieces. I suppose he would be quite a handful in a casual game, though.