RegisterDonateLogin

How you get so big, drinking Milk of this kind?

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Vassal Regional 2016 SIGN-UP and REPORTING thread Options
thereisnotry
Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2016 3:40:20 PM
Groups: Member

Darth O wrote:
He's busy until 8:30 and I'm busy until midnight. Earliest we can do is probably Sunday afternoon NZT.
Wow, that was not expected. I'm contacting these lads on FaceBook. I'll hopefully have a reply soon.
Caedus
Posted: Friday, June 24, 2016 12:34:41 PM

thereisnotry wrote:
Okay, so I've just received responses from everyone in the tournament, and YES, he can play! It's official! Everyone was very happy to include him in the tournament. Darth O even said that he'd be more than happy to play him in this first round.

Kez, would you please either set him up with an account here on BM or else agree to serve as his contact person for the length of the tournament? Please also send me all the information that I need from him, which I describe in the first post of this thread. Thanks man!

This current round is due to end on Tuesday evening, so you guys will be on the clock, so to speak, and don't have a lot of time to waste.

Not trying to sound snarky or anything, but it is now Friday Night? Is this going to be a normal thing?
thereisnotry
Posted: Friday, June 24, 2016 4:12:49 PM

I contacted the guys last night, but nobody has responded yet.

I've decided that I think I need to give Hone (the new player) a loss for the first round. He still hasn't provided any information at all, and it wouldn't be fair for Darth O to receive a first round loss just because his opponent hasn't shown up yet...not when he would've had a free win from the Bye.

I'm working on Round 2 pairings right now.
thereisnotry
Posted: Friday, June 24, 2016 4:33:37 PM

Round 2 pairings are up!

We all have 1 week to finish our games.
thereisnotry
Posted: Friday, June 24, 2016 4:41:03 PM

I want to apologize to all of you. The biggest danger with any sort of schedule-your-own structure like this is that the whole tournament can too easily be held up by just 1 or 2 people not being pro-active enough, which can then result in the tournament stalling and players feeling legitimately frustrated.

I wanted to give Oliver and Hone enough time to play their game, since they were both under what seemed like some pretty understandable timing difficulties. But I was hindering the tournament by doing this, and things weren't progressing on their end either.

Basically, I was trying to be the nice guy. I really don't like being the heavy-handed guy, because that's so not who I am. However, if I'm the tournament organizer then sometimes the heavy hand is just plain necessary, for the sake of the rest of the players in the tournament. I've learned a good lesson here.

So please accept my apology. I hope and expect that this round will go much more smoothly. The boom hammer WILL fall quickly next Friday night, unless someone has contacted me beforehand to explain why they need just 1 more day.
Darth O
Posted: Friday, June 24, 2016 6:43:18 PM

Darth O v Thereisnotry
Map: Cantina
Score 210-148 to Darth O

As the score suggests, this was a very close game, where the game was almost decided on initiative 4 times. I picked the right and used my double override to restrict TINT's options after trading the Clone Trooper with Flamethrower for R2 and 40 damage to Quinlan Vos. Eventually all but Serra Keto and Cin Drallig fell to various sources of auto damage and a bit of galloping from Yoda. In the process all my attackers bar Yoda and Momaw dropped, so it was Momaw and Yoda versus Serra and Cin. Yoda died to ripostes, AoO's and Serra's attacks, so it was 152-138 in my favour. Cin had 10 HP left, which Momaw could finish off if I won initiative. I decided since it would be the last round that I needed some help from the support on the back lines. I towed Mas 12, swapped in Tarpals and hit Cin needing a 15. he then failed his Parry and the reroll, bringing me to 200 points. The dice were fairly even most of the game, with Yoda missing quite a few attacks and TINT winning most of the key initiatives. It was a fun game that could have gone either way. TINT is a great guy to play with. Roll on the next round!
TimmerB123
Posted: Sunday, June 26, 2016 7:11:09 PM

Hey Shawn,

I shot you at Bloomail A couple days ago and haven't heard back. I knew bloomilk can be funky with that sometimes, so if you didn't get it you can hit me up here, or timmerb123 on gamers.

Love to get a game scheduled
Caedus
Posted: Sunday, June 26, 2016 8:03:29 PM

TimmerB123 wrote:
Hey Shawn,

I shot you at Bloomail A couple days ago and haven't heard back. I knew bloomilk can be funky with that sometimes, so if you didn't get it you can hit me up here, or timmerb123 on gamers.

Love to get a game scheduled

Gamers is not letting me message either. Sent you a FB message. I did get your message
urbanjedi
Posted: Tuesday, June 28, 2016 6:33:41 PM

Matt and I got our game in.

I won 200+ to 162

Very close game.

I won map (Jabbas Palace). He set up on the right. I was on the left mostly in the upper corner.

Rd 1 was just jockeying for position, and ended with both of us getting gambit.
Rd 2. I popped Atris, he opened the door and ran a guy out to base and do 30 to the handmaiden out in the open. I swapped that handmaiden for a new one, took an AoO and ran out to killed his maul. He killed that handmaiden, and then I killed the sab he had moved out in the open. Then at the end of the round I moved up Veers to block the corridor and do 20 to one of his other sabs.
Rd 3. I made him go first, and he dropped 60 on Veers. I went for it and brought up the 10hp handmaiden and missed 3 of 4 on Pre to only do 30 to him. He killed Veers and the handmaiden. I used the last handmaiden to take out 2 more sabs (and do 20 to Tor). Tor returned the favor by putting 20 on the handmaiden. I brought up a rodian and got 20 through on pre. Thrawn took a shot and hit prefor 10 and swapped in atris. Atris finished off pre and then went to try and hide for a sec.
Rd 4 I swapped the last handmaiden to safety. He used Tor to shoot at Atris (deflected 1), and killed the rodian I swapped in to where the handmaiden was. I used Atris to do 20 to the other sab (now both at 10). He came in with kelborn and hit/crit to drop Atris to 30. I riposted to drop Kelborn to 40. Rest of round was just positioning and at the end, I locked the door to make it harder to Kill Atris and ran the handmaiden up to threaten Tor.
Rd 5 I killed tor. Then he blew the door, and killed atris, down to 10 on the riposte. My ugo ran around and missed. He killed him, then I swapped Mas and tried to kill kelborn and missed.
Rd6 I used Mas and killed Kelborn, he tried to go kill the R7 and rolled a 1 to switch to my side. Then I swapped in and killed his last Sab

Game over.
thereisnotry
Posted: Wednesday, June 29, 2016 1:55:12 PM

Updated. Thanks guys!

Everyone else who still has not played your game for this round, you have approximately 48 hours or so. Please get them in asap.

I've learned that being a nice guy is not good for the tournament, and so I'm holding a heavy hammer in my hand...it will come crashing down on Friday evening.
UrbanShmi
Posted: Wednesday, June 29, 2016 5:20:19 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Just finished my game against Mando. The Predictive Reflexes had me scared, but I came away with the win, 230-77.

I won map roll (my first of many crits on non-attack rolls) and we set up on Cantina. His Battle Ready and my poor set-up position combined to give him an early gambit lead, while my Satele was just outside of gambit. Second round, I turned on ABM, thinking we were going to engage, since we were on either side of the center wall. However, Mando played it cagey, locking the closest door with R2 and forcing me to consider my door control options. He had set up the bulk of his squad around the bar, with an unactivated Shevu in the outer corner, and I saw an opportunity. I moved Jaq up into gambit and overrode the door open, allowing Satele with a force point to run through the door and adjacent to Shevu and Vergere. I used a second force point on assault, and two attacks later I had taken back a modest lead. Ben then pulled Satele adjacent to him and took a swing, bringing her to 80 on the missed parry. Satele lasted into the next round, through some good parries and poor attack rolls, and she wound up taking two cunning swings on Jacen, figuring that with a force point and mettle, she could probably survive the Predictive Reflexes. As it turned out, Jacen missed his roll, and Satele survived with 10 HP.

In the meantime, Shoaneb, who had rolled up at the end of the last round but couldn't do anything because the locked doors blocked the Senator's CE, took a couple of swings on Jacen, who decided to use predictive reflexes to try to once again kill Satele. This time he hit, but she parried with mettle and survived. However, Tahiri used her lightning, ending Satele's game. Next Jacen went after Shoaneb, getting 40 through on a crit, but falling to a twin riposte, which also ended Callista. Jaq moved around to kill Ben, while Shoaneb, finally in range of a mouse droid, turned her attention to Tahiri with the Senator's help. From there it was basically clean up, I finished off Vergere and the GA Officer, and Mando couldn't quite get to the 100 point threshold.

Caedus
Posted: Thursday, June 30, 2016 3:48:02 AM

Tim and I had our game yesterday. Very close match. Tim took the win 146-129

Tim won map and we played on Jabba's Palace. I set up on the left side which, in retrospect, was probably not the correct side.

Tim did also have some unfortunate rolls as well. Side Note: Until Rd 5 Tim forgot he had a Tactician on his Squad.

Tim's Snare Rifle Shots really did me in as he locked AniStap twice and Yobuck once in a very critical moment and miscalculation by me. He was able to kill both characters before they did any real damage and misplacement of my Uggy, caused Qui-Gon to be locked and separated from the group, rendering him virtually ineffective. Great Game!
TimmerB123
Posted: Thursday, June 30, 2016 11:47:56 AM

It was a nail biter. It was also a good test of my squad that was specifically meant to try and deal with Melee. As Shawn said, I would say the single biggest factor was snare rifle. I got a line on our two fairly early but missed multiple shots. I was able to eventually take them out before engagement really happened. Next important thing was making sure Anakin didn't move. Of course I had to plow through Shmi first ( not too much of an option there), but I was then able to snare him two rounds in a row, before I eventually took him out. I lost two really big initiatives in a row and had to use Kelborn's ability just to back up, to put myself out of range of any decent strafe. I was able to take out Anakin, and keep QuiGon behind a locked door. Eventually he got his uggie to blow that door. He finally comes in with Yoda Buck for a big nasty gallop, but ice near him after he only hits two of my guys, sticking him in place. Of course I'm an idiot and forgot I had tactician +4, but to be honest I don't know if those two big inits were within 4. Anyway on the third try after I remembered tactician, I finally won an important initiative. That proved to be devastating. I was able to take out Yoda buck in my three activations ( due to the tactician). Then time was up as he comes racing after me with only Qui Gon and tarful left. If we had another round or two I probably could've killed one of the two and got enough gambit to get to 200, but that's where it stood. A nailbiter to be sure.

As always, great playing with Shawn. Such a fun nice guy, and it's great seeing such a relative newcomer with so much passion for our game!

Lou
Posted: Thursday, June 30, 2016 10:02:40 PM

Lou VS Hone
Rd1 both moving forward Lou gets gambit

Rd2 Lou got attacks off on Hone's Quinlan with his Quinlan hit for 60.

Rd3 Lou wins int Kills Quinlan with Quinlan. Cin get pulled in by Aalyan takes 20 and Cin attacks cin and takes another 20. Lou cin attacks serra hits for 40. Scorch Hits Aalyan for 20. Only other hit was Lou's serra on Aaylan.

Rd4 Hone wins int hit Cin with Cin for 20. Lou's Combo of Cin Scorch and Serra kills Aaylan and Gungan Shieldbearer.

Rd5 Lou Kills off Serra and Hone calls game because will kill off all units besides cin and will have 4 rds of gambit and there was only 5 minutes left in the game and score would be 192-0 with 5 minutes left.

This is my first game report and going by memory.
thereisnotry
Posted: Friday, July 1, 2016 8:41:07 AM

Lou wrote:
Lou VS Hone
Rd1 both moving forward Lou gets gambit

Rd2 Lou got attacks off on Hone's Quinlan with his Quinlan hit for 60.

Rd3 Lou wins int Kills Quinlan with Quinlan. Cin get pulled in by Aalyan takes 20 and Cin attacks cin and takes another 20. Lou cin attacks serra hits for 40. Scorch Hits Aalyan for 20. Only other hit was Lou's serra on Aaylan.

Rd4 Hone wins int hit Cin with Cin for 20. Lou's Combo of Cin Scorch and Serra kills Aaylan and Gungan Shieldbearer.

Rd5 Lou Kills off Serra and Hone calls game because will kill off all units besides cin and will have 4 rds of gambit and there was only 5 minutes left in the game and score would be 192-0 with 5 minutes left.

This is my first game report and going by memory.

If there were still 5 minutes left when Hone conceded then Lou should get the benefit of another round of gambit. This is why we don't allow a player to concede when there are less than 15 minutes remaining in a game.
thereisnotry
Posted: Friday, July 1, 2016 8:54:01 AM

Round 3 Pairings are up!

Please finish your games by Friday evening next week (July 8), at 9:00 pm EST.
TimmerB123
Posted: Sunday, July 3, 2016 2:00:50 PM

Hey Trevor C, since Bloomail often doesn't work, hit me up here or on gamers as to when to schedule our game
thereisnotry
Posted: Sunday, July 3, 2016 7:38:11 PM

TimmerB123 wrote:
Hey Trevor C, since Bloomail often doesn't work, hit me up here or on gamers as to when to schedule our game
Tim, the best thing to do is to PM him on Gamers (obikenobi1)...he might or might not see this post of yours at all.
TimmerB123
Posted: Sunday, July 3, 2016 10:02:26 PM

thereisnotry wrote:
TimmerB123 wrote:
Tim, the best thing to do is to PM him on Gamers (obikenobi1)...he might or might not see this post of yours at all.

Already sent one there too, I was just covering all bases. He hit me back on Gamers. We're set up to play tomorrow.
Mando
Posted: Tuesday, July 5, 2016 9:12:28 AM

had my game versus Tim yesterday

final score was 208-110, with the 3pt win for me and 1pt loss for Tim.

Bad matchup for Tim's squad but he made things interesting with his Snare Rifles. A couple of fotunate crits by my guys helped a lot, but also using Ben's Force pull to kill of his Squadron leader guy was pretty crucial also. Good game and well played by Tim!