RegisterDonateLogin

You must drink what you think is right, of course.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Reboot Week 24 Me, Myself, and I Options
spryguy1981
Posted: Tuesday, September 27, 2016 1:41:46 PM
Groups: Member

So this challenge is going to be a definite blatant disregard to rule #1, but hey, rules are meant to be broken right. I've been wanting to do this theme for a long time, and I'm glad I get the chance. I want you to create a miniature that would encapsulate who you are at your very root. Few caveats.

A. This character must cost 50pts or less
B. No more than 5 abilities, and 2 "Force Powers" i.e. something like Jesus Points, or Karma Points or something depending on your beliefs. Renewal 1 will not count against your "powers" Master of the Force will.
C. Have fun with this, I want to know who you are, and share who I am.

Rules

1. The character must be canon and from the chosen faction when required. They can have affinity, but the character must start in the chosen faction. EDIT: Since Canon is all screwed up, just a known character is fine. (Disregarded for this round)

2. You may update any existing versions you already have and/or create a new one. You may update/create several versions of the character but you must ultimately select 1 you wish to run with. (this must be done by the schedule below)

3. Place a hyperlink in this forum to make it easier to find your character. You can just post the stats or image here but if changes are needed it would be easier (and save space) if you just used a Hyperlink (If you don't know how to post Hyperlinks in a forum setting please ask and we will help you. It's not hard )

4. Voting works as follows, pick your three favorite customs based on accuracy to the character, design, balance or whatever you decide makes the best incarnation of the challenge character. First place receives 3 points, 2nd place receives 2 points, and 3rd place receives 1 point.

6. To make things fair you must vote in order to win the contest. You must choose three characters entered in the contest and you may not rate or vote for your own character.

7.. The winner will be decided by how many points they receive. Ties will be broken by most 1st place votes, then if still tied, 2nd place votes and then 3rd place votes. If still tied, then the outcome is a tie.

8. you may not change or update the entered character AFTER the deadline.

You will have until Friday, Sep 23rd, 2016 @8pm EST to get your submissions in. Anything submitted after this point will not be included in the voting.

Voting will start at 8pm on Friday evening and end at 12 noon EST on Monday, Sep 26th, 2016.

At the conclusion of the voting the scores will be tallied and the Winner will then post the next round
Kamikaze13
Posted: Tuesday, September 27, 2016 4:47:21 PM

Dose Unique count as one of your 5 abilities?
CorellianComedian
Posted: Tuesday, September 27, 2016 5:46:11 PM

Kamikaze13 wrote:
Dose Unique count as one of your 5 abilities?

And what about melee attack?

And are you looking for totally true-to-life, or "Star-Wars-ified?" True to life me would be a 10-damage Airsoft gun, with Oblivious, and the potential for Double Attack LOL
spryguy1981
Posted: Tuesday, September 27, 2016 6:42:21 PM

Melee and Unique do not count. I want you to try and best describe yourself CC.
jak
Posted: Wednesday, September 28, 2016 12:15:27 PM

this challenge may be gayer than 2 guys humping in the park...........LOL..........but here goes:Drool

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/25934/jak-man
>Jase<
Posted: Thursday, September 29, 2016 1:04:25 PM

Lafcadio
Posted: Thursday, September 29, 2016 7:38:02 PM

Here's me... using my personality to be as useful as possible in a minis game:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/25949/lafcadio--ccc-

Some explanation:

Booming voice - I've been involved in Speech and Debate in the past... I can be heard when I want to be. BigGrin

Attempted Humor - Emphasis on "Attempted." I try to make jokes a lot... Sometimes they don't work. (fine... most of the time...)

Imaginary Awesomeness - Every once in a while, I'll see someone do something really cool and I'll think "Hey, I could do that!" Most of the time I'm wrong... But hey, every once in a while, trying to do crazy stuff like run through a crossfire at an airsoft war to take someone down with a rubber knife pays off! ThumbsUp

Camaraderie - CC and I are good friends. We can work together, and we can certainly be distracting sometimes! Flapper

Indecisive - It's bad! You do NOT want to be behind me in the McDonald's line!

Jedi Mind Trick - Often-times, when I talk, I know what I'm talking about...but I'm the only one... And sometimes this can bring things to a stand-still. This power can be harnessed. Huh Blink <-- these are the expressions I often get after saying something I thought was very insightful...

Force Alter - Being a debater sometimes means you can say something completely ludicrous and make it sound convincing unless one takes the time to think about it. (In this case, giving you a frivolous reason for not attacking me) Don't believe me? Watch the 2016 presidential debate. LOL
General_Grievous
Posted: Thursday, September 29, 2016 8:14:18 PM

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/25933/jomanda

It's technically me but my wife and I do all together including fight side by side.
CorellianComedian
Posted: Thursday, September 29, 2016 9:00:20 PM

juice man
Posted: Friday, September 30, 2016 5:40:10 AM

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/25945/joe

Explanation:

Stun Gas- well, ..., I've driven my wife out of the house - now and then. She also has inquired about ... "COURTESY FLUSH!!!!" occasionally.

Prehensile Toes - one of my friends commented that he hated wrestling me because it's almost like my feet are hands. I also pick up things with my toes and have practiced writing with them.

Loaded Chance Cube 2 - really lucky most of the time with dice games.
Lafcadio
Posted: Friday, September 30, 2016 11:17:26 AM

After looking at all the other pieces, I realized that I was the only one almost exclusively using custom abilities. So, here's how I'd like to think I'd probably turn out choosing from actual SWM abilities:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/25953/lafcadio

I think I'll go with this one.
Kamikaze13
Posted: Friday, September 30, 2016 7:06:34 PM

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/25935/kamikaze13

I know I'm a little late so if you don't want to count mine that's fine. (Don't know what criteria I'd vote by anyways)
spryguy1981
Posted: Friday, September 30, 2016 8:06:26 PM

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/25954/mr-spry

The general submission guidelines and timeline haven't been followed in a while so here we are.
Lafcadio
Posted: Saturday, October 1, 2016 7:19:24 PM

Lafcadio
Posted: Saturday, October 1, 2016 7:46:51 PM

Whew! It's hard trying to convert my personality into miniatures form! Fun reading about you guys! (what you can fit into 5 abilities and 2 fps at least!)

3rd: CorellianComedian Also known as: Corellian Comedian (notice the space between the words. ...Makes all the difference Wink)

2nd: Spryguy1981 (or should I call you MR. Spry?)

1st: General_Grievous aka: JOMANDA (And just to be clear, it's "JOMANDA", right? Not just "Jomanda"? LOL)
General_Grievous
Posted: Sunday, October 2, 2016 9:02:51 PM

Cool pieces guys and neat to get to know you in a unique way. (Now back to designing more epic Star Wars folk! Hahaha)

3rd Spry - great verse SA! And nice force powers too.
2nd Jak - independent diplomat is really interesting combo, just walking around Jedi mind tricking and sith raging folks hahaha
1st CC - I really like the standing up for others protective angle here on your piece and it shows some good character too

Also honourable mention to Jase who was by far the most humble, but hard to get to know you from your piece.

And Lafcadio yes it's JOMANDA a fusing of our names and as such must be ALL CAPS haha. We now have a son to throw into the name mix too.
CorellianComedian
Posted: Sunday, October 2, 2016 11:34:31 PM

Wow... really hard to judge this one!

I guess I have to go...

3rd - Lafcadio - I nominate "Imaginary Awesomeness" for having the best card text ever.
2nd - Spryguy - nice contrast between natural tendency and truth there
1st - General_Grievous - Never would have thought of using a Bible verse as a flavor text, but it works nicely. Also, I like how you're pretty much the only piece that can fight XD we're all like "Yeah, 80 HP at most, and I guess I can't punch as hard as I'd like to think I can" and you're just like "My wife is proficient with a shotgun. Base 30 damage." LOL ThumbsUp

Kamikaze - Way to go for base 20 damage ThumpUp. Nice piece
juice man - Stun Gas... Mellow
Jase - haha, story of my life man.
Jak - Interesting set of abilities. Isn't speed 4 being a little harsh on yourself, though? Wink
jak
Posted: Monday, October 3, 2016 4:45:01 AM

CorellianComedian wrote:
Wow... really hard to judge this one!

LOL ThumbsUp

Kamikaze - Way to go for base 20 damage ThumpUp. Nice piece
juice man - Stun Gas... Mellow Joe used this to great affect yesterday while we played IA.Cursing Saturday nights dinner
of beef, salmon, AND cauliflower, was the perfect recipe to send his brother and I, gasping for air, turning the fan on high, and pointing it at him, and leaving the room more than once
Jase - haha, story of my life man.
Jak - Interesting set of abilities. Isn't speed 4 being a little harsh on yourself, though? Wink
Huh no, those who've met me know that speed 4 is pretty accurate, with my chronic pain issues.
spryguy1981
Posted: Monday, October 3, 2016 5:18:14 AM

3rd Place: GG
2nd Place: Lafcadio
1st Place: Juicy
juice man
Posted: Monday, October 3, 2016 6:15:31 AM

jak wrote:
[quote=CorellianComedian]juice man - Stun Gas... Mellow Joe used this to great affect yesterday while we played IA.Cursing Saturday nights dinner
of beef, salmon, AND cauliflower, was the perfect recipe to send his brother and I, gasping for air, turning the fan on high, and pointing it at him, and leaving the room more than once
The Stun Gas is only unleashed among friends when wives aren't present. Jack and my brother just got (un)lucky last night. Now, Jack did try to retaliate but his attempts were pitiful. My brother was in a bad way though.