RegisterDonateLogin

Mine! Or I will help you not!

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

*NEW* Casual Format Vassal Tournament reporting thread Options
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Saturday, October 29, 2016 10:28:33 AM
Groups: Member

So I wanted to say thank you everyone for being involved and for getting this going, I admittedly haven't played a game of minis... in probably over a year, and I have to say even though tim wasn't running anything near competitive it was fun to just be back in the minis realm.

So a few things first off tim was running wotc savages, and that is frankly impossible lol. I had a squad tim built with cad bane, general skywalker, dash render, foul, and some other good stuff. While he had a reek, acklay, young krayt dragon, nexu, rancor. we played on rancor pen, which honestly sucks for savages and benefitted me even more. I won't go into round by round details because it was basically I moved some mice, he was outacted I lifted some stuff around attacked and killed stuff lol. He had no chance, though he did get a round of gambit and killed the killik drone.

A few things from our game I am glad it was a non competitive squad I was against because I made some big mistakes like not leaving the right stuff adjacent to foul at the end of every round, and had to get used to positioning again. Tim was a sport even when I lightsaber defensed his crit, then rolled 3 crits in the last round to end the game.

It was a great way to get back into minis against a great, friendly guy with a fun squad that he built for me.

I look forward to the next games.

deaths 3 tim 0
jen'ari
Posted: Sunday, October 30, 2016 6:08:50 PM

Any updates on the extension?
TimmerB123
Posted: Monday, October 31, 2016 8:43:12 AM

DarthRattlehead wrote:
Tim , sorry i was crook friday night and couldn't squeeze in another time before sunday to play the game - so please default me for that round, as we had organised it and i had to pull out. my opponent did his bit.
Bring on round#2!

Thanks for the communication and showing good sportsmanship Darth Rattlehead. I hate to give a loss based on sickness, but for the sake of keeping the tournament going we'll do that and move on.

Really disappointed to say I have heard zero communication from either AceAce or Dr Daman. I have posted here, facebook messaged, and I even texted AceAce (not so practical for our NZ friend). I literally have not gotten a single response since pairings went up. I have no choice but to give a double loss.

I'm going to put up pairings for round 2 soon.

AceAce and Dr Daman - if you've decided to drop please let us know asap so you don't waste other people's time. I really want you both to be a part of this, but I need at least some communication. We will keep you in the pairings for now, but if you no-show/don't communicate then you'll be dropped from the tournament.

To everyone here - sometimes unexpected things come up in life. Sometimes emergencies, sometimes minor. I sincerely hope no dramatic event has happened or will happen to keep someone from this tournament. Obviously many things are more important than this. Just let us know here, or to me directly. Nobody will hold it against you, just please communicate if at all possible.

If you're having problems getting ahold of your opponent - let me know.

Also when you have your game scheduled - post here please. The more communication the better.
TimmerB123
Posted: Monday, October 31, 2016 8:45:41 AM

Side note - my grandfather passed away, I'm driving 11 hours each way to go to the funeral this week.

I'll do my best to stay in communication, but it may be a little sparse.
TimmerB123
Posted: Monday, October 31, 2016 10:51:20 AM

Round 2 pairings:

TJ H (FlyingArrow) vs Trevor Cook (Deaths_Baine)
Craig C (Jen'ari) vs Shawn Booher (Caedus)
Kyle W (Gannondorf) vs Matt S (spryguy1981)
Jason K (urbanjedi) vs Hone H (HoneHeron)
Trevor Christensen (Mando/obikenobi1) vs David M (Dr Daman)
Tim B (TimmerB123) vs Mike G (AceAce)
Bryan H (DarkDracul) vs Rich A (DarthRattlehead)

Contact your opponent and post here when you have it scheduled.

Round 2 ends Monday Nov 7th at 11:59pm central time.
urbanjedi
Posted: Monday, October 31, 2016 3:29:32 PM

hone, I sent you an email to try and schedule. Would like to do it before the weekend
FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, November 1, 2016 1:36:36 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

DB, bloomail to you failed. My best times are after 9pm Eastern.
jen'ari
Posted: Thursday, November 3, 2016 5:36:11 PM

Jen'ari 3 pts
Caedus 0 pts

We played on Jabba's Palace (my map).

Caedus set up his squad on the right, I set up mine on the left.
In the second round Caedus left Bandon out in a spot where my next round both scouts could attack him and my scouts rolled out of their minds all night, I think I missed 3 times with my scouts all game. So I killed Bandon that round.

Next round the real action starts and force suppression, Dark Aura, Doctrine of Fear, Illusion is Scary stuff.
Cognus gets to go and rolls a 1 and a 2 and does not hit. Maul also needed a 5 at one point and missed.

I attack Cognus 10 times (4 with knight and 6 with jaina) and end up doing 20 damage.
Than I move my Mira up to base Cognus and Maul and and drop 2 grenades on our heads, Mira took 40 from it.

Cognus dies and Maul kills the Mando Knight in an onslaught. My scout gets adjacent and drops some good damage on him and he dies.

Thanks for the game, those ghosts are pretty fun and I got to see Cognus in action. Overall I like Cognus a lot and I learned a few tricks in using Marka Ragnos and positioning.
HoneHeron
Posted: Thursday, November 3, 2016 9:27:53 PM

HoneHeron 200 (3pts) - UrbanJedi 75 (0pts)

First off, thank you very much for this game Jason! Was awesome getting some more experience against such a solid player.
This might be a little shaky as I was so focused I may have forgotten who died where, but I'll do my best.
Well the first round was mostly positioning as is usual. I out activated him with mice and managed to take down Corran with Boba with my last activation. Second round saw me losing a mouse and taking some damage, and Jason positioning for the next round and my managing to take out Leia, and Durge hitting Kyp once. Third round Jason wins init and hits Jango, rolling 2 consecutive ones in the process, leaving Jango on 80. Durge is a machine and manages to take out three pieces. I lose Jango due to an Unleash the Force and two mice, Jason loses the EJA. Boba finishes off Jacen, closing the game.

All in all a good game, and again I would like to thank Jason for an awesome game.
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Saturday, November 5, 2016 5:20:13 AM

Hey guys me and flyingarrow played last night, I won 213 to 40 I think. i'll give a better report later, sorry kids up going crazy.
spryguy1981
Posted: Saturday, November 5, 2016 5:43:11 AM

We're playing around midnight tomorrow night as after work was the only time that really worked.
TimmerB123
Posted: Saturday, November 5, 2016 9:22:13 AM

Mike G and I just had our game. I'll give the victor the honor of the game report
AceAce
Posted: Saturday, November 5, 2016 9:37:30 AM

Just played Tim. I had old school Rebels and he had Savage beasts (Rancor, Nexu, Reek, Acklay and Krayt Dragon). We played on Rancor Pit. I took right side. His rolls were abysmal all game, mine were way above good. Both gambit in round one. Paired Anakin spirit with 27 point old Han. Paired Obi-Ghost with Luke 27 Jedi. Had Lando and Leia and Red Five Wedge and 24 point Chewie. I used Han for Cunning and re-roll with mettle and Lando with opportunist and combined fire with Leia and Wedge. Did a pile of damage on Rancor in round one (first into view).

Round 2, with accurate shot and killed Rancor. He charged and based Luke with Krayt and hit for 50. I heal with old man Obi-Wan and commence hitting on Krayt. Do a lot of damage on him with all and Chewie with momentum. Based now by my 3, he has to be careful as moving away will provoke 3 AOO. He bases Luke with Acklay at end of 3rd round. I forgot, I killed his Nexu in round 2, opening a spot next to Luke for Acklay. I win initiative and Force Leap Luke away from Acklay and still next to Reek and attack. Now no 2 attackers to take out Luke. He knows he cannot kill Luke without a charge from Reek and moves away and back. I hit AOO with Luke, Obi and Chewie killing him.

He gets Luke to 10 HP but I just keep Accurate, Opportunist and charging and he went quick. Thanks for the game and patience as I set up my Vassal.
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Saturday, November 5, 2016 12:29:02 PM

Sorry guys I am operating on like three hours of sleep in the past 48 hours lol.

Me and flying arrow played, I had the republic charge squad he has old republic. He got cay into the middle of my squad hoping to get off the cay's legacy, but I put 80 on him with cad bane and killed him with a killik and momentum so no legacy. There was a big part where he forgot that the consular has force alter as he could have made me reroll a crit that killed one of his pieces. all in all, he got skywalker down to 20, morrigan to 10, dash to 30 before I got to 200.

I also rolled incredibly high and made force stun saves, force blast saves, hit four attacks while needing 10's, etc. the game just went my way on the dice for sure.

*^* morrigan corde is a retarded piece, charging fire, twin, suppressive fire, agile, evade, it just shouldn't exist.
Gannandorf
Posted: Sunday, November 6, 2016 4:41:32 PM

Hey guys I'm sorry to have to say this but I have to cancel my game against spryguy, IRL issues and I'm gonna need to withdraw from the tourney, lots of issues with my wife, her dad, and work, just make it to much for me to reliable compete right now😥, good luck to everyone though
jen'ari
Posted: Sunday, November 6, 2016 6:29:38 PM

Looks like its you and I bro. throwing down on Jabba's Palace.
Mandos vs Republic, Separatist, Imperial, Rebels, and a killik

Figrin D'an is going to be my MVP. i am calling it right now

p.s. if you win I will give up Ice Cream. If I win you give up Root Beer.
Mando
Posted: Monday, November 7, 2016 4:19:18 AM

I tried to get a game set up with Dr Daman and he wasn't able to get back to me for over 5 days but he did email me back, however he said his schedule with work was making it impossible to get our game in, so he said he was going to drop out of the tournament. So how do you want to count this rounds match Tim?
TimmerB123
Posted: Monday, November 7, 2016 12:05:41 PM

Gannandorf wrote:
Hey guys I'm sorry to have to say this but I have to cancel my game against spryguy, IRL issues and I'm gonna need to withdraw from the tourney, lots of issues with my wife, her dad, and work, just make it to much for me to reliable compete right now😥, good luck to everyone though

I'm sorry to hear that.

Thank you very much for letting us know.

Hope it all works out.
TimmerB123
Posted: Monday, November 7, 2016 12:08:18 PM

Dr Daman - let us know what you'd like to do.

We have to give Mando a 3pt win here.

If you still want to play some fun games in the tournament let us know. Otherwise we'll have to drop you out.
TimmerB123
Posted: Monday, November 7, 2016 12:35:53 PM

Waiting to hear anything from DarkDracul and Darth Rattlehead