RegisterDonateLogin

Is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

*NEW* Casual Format Vassal Tournament reporting thread Options
DarkDracul
Posted: Monday, November 7, 2016 5:38:41 PM
Groups: Member

We've been playing message tag. If we don't get a game in the next day, I'll gladly concede. I waited too long to schedule. There's no doubt in my mind that if we had played he would have won anyways. lol
DarkDracul
Posted: Tuesday, November 8, 2016 12:18:56 AM

Actually, we just finished our game and DarthRattlehead will do a write up. Awesome fun game.
TimmerB123
Posted: Tuesday, November 8, 2016 7:30:04 AM

As soon as we get results from the last game I'll try and get the new pairings up.
DarkDracul
Posted: Tuesday, November 8, 2016 7:50:46 AM

Rattle 3pt win over Darkdracul 0 points
DarthRattlehead
Posted: Tuesday, November 8, 2016 10:44:20 AM

OK - Game Report for Darth Rattlehead vs Dark Dracul:
Score - Darth Rattlehead 200 - Darkdracul 86
Map - Cantina
Time of day/night: Dark Dracul stayed up til 2am to start this crazy lightsaber fest, which was crazy in itself - and boy there was no hiding in this deathmatch.
Dark Dracul started on the favoured barside, while Rattlehead started in the hall way. After the end of round 2 Dracul was positioned in Gambit, Rattlehead had charged down the hallway to the bottom of the map (following his uggies, after shutting the door in his own face moving his guys in the first round! Such a noob!) and Dracul was waiting at the door to the bar - ready to give a serve to all of Rattlehead's kind. :)

Jaina charged in, had a few swings at Kit Fisto, then waited for Chewie to run up beside her, which he did like a good wookie. Then Dracul's affectionately known "fishhead jedi" ran down and force pushed Chewie away from Jaina (slick!). Leia tucked herself up out of sight, a few squares from Jaina... Jacen thought he was hiding, but Dracul spotted a gap down the hallway, took a few attacks of opportunity with Luminara, went through and took a swing at Jacen.
Start Round #3... Dracul had some crazy force spell over the Vassal Initiative dice, as he won all but one round! So Lumina quickly dispatched Jacen to do some flow walking somewhere, anywhere but in the Cantina.
Chewie took a smash to the face from Fishhead, Jaina took 10 damage, Chewie looked over, let out a roar and ran in to attack fishhead, and fell on his face rolling a 1!.
Found #4: Fishhead then received 2x40pt blows to the gills from the Protective wookie. There was lots of lightsabers swinging around, but with Leia and then Chewie helping out Jaina she was really hard to hit, and Dray was sitting behind her chucking in a bit of lightning.
Dracul focussed on the wookie, and smashed him down 20hp at a time, and sent him packing.
Barriss and some apprentices shot into the hallway to talk out the droids (that weren't allowed in the bar and were still in the hallway!).
The dude that designed BB-8 is awesome! :) he sat there with his sensors, and started tasering .. haha

Dray put a bolt of lightning up Lumina, the Jaina took some attacks of opportunity to move into the middle of 3 jedi that were all on 20 or less HP, and gave them all a serve.

Was a super fun game. Dracul is one cool guy, and I had a blast playing melee style with him. It just wasn't his morning with Jaina parrying everything (that never happens for me, honestly! ), but I learnt a few things off him as I do whenever I play any of the guys up north! Thanks for the game man!

Timmer, after the game (hence the late report) I worked on ios skirmish tracker - the scoring is all in there, now just putting the count down timer in tonight and i can ship it off to the store for (hopefully) approval!

bring on round 3!
Darth Rattlehead
TimmerB123
Posted: Tuesday, November 8, 2016 11:57:16 AM

Sweet!

I have to head to work soon but I'll try and get the pairings up sometime tonight.
TimmerB123
Posted: Tuesday, November 8, 2016 10:08:03 PM

Current Round: 3
Round Start: Wednesday, November 9, 11:59 pm CST
Round Finish: Wednesday, November 16, 11:59 pm CST

Round 3:
Craig C (Jen'ari) vs Matt S (spryguy1981)
Trevor Cook (Deaths_Baine) vs Hone H (HoneHeron)
Trevor Christensen (Mando/Obikenobi1) vs Shawn B (Caedus)
Mike G (AceAce) vs TJ H (FlyingArrow)
Rich A (DarthRattlehead) vs Jason K (urbanjedi)
Bryan H (DarkDracul) vs Tim B (TimmerB123)

Kyle W (Gannondorf) {Dropped}
David M (Dr Daman) {Dropped}
jen'ari
Posted: Tuesday, November 8, 2016 10:16:13 PM

SPRYGUY!!!!
Last time I played you I tried to use shooters and you used Hero of Hypori and HK and beat me down on Smuggler's base. stinky good player. Looks like odds are highly in my favor due to squad difference. but tactics are in your favor.

what map are you using these days? will BM you
urbanjedi
Posted: Wednesday, November 9, 2016 1:43:16 PM

hey rattlehead, I tried to bloo, but it failed, when is good for you?
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, November 10, 2016 7:14:37 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

FlyingArrow 3-0 over AceAce

Played on Asteroid Base. Full health Obi-Wan switched sides on Cay's Legacy (even after reroll) and that pretty much sealed the game. Obi-Wan didn't really even do much for me attacking his pieces, but he lost a reliable 40dmg per round and it was 100 fewer hit points for me to chew through, so it really was a huge swing.
Mando
Posted: Thursday, November 10, 2016 8:04:44 PM

Just finished my game vs Caedus, ending with a 3-0 victory for my squad. Final Score was 231-56. Map was Jabba's Palace after I won map roll. I set up on the left side.

Was a fun and intense game! For my squad it was crucial to get good positioning and I was able to take advantage of my mobile attackers and ability to ignore other characters for movement via acrobatics or wall climber or False Transmission. Cognus was my main priority to take down because her Doctrine of Fear was really making it hard for me to land hits forcing me to combine fire a few times, especially after Cognus killed off Sabine Wren with a Suprise attack and regular round attacks. After Cognus went down to some shots from Ezra and Hera, Maul started taking a lot of damage from Kanan, who counterpushed him away from him after he'd used Lightsaber Assault and Sith Rage, negating 90 potential damage from hitting him. Survival Expert was useful for canceling out Dark Aura. Ezra was the MVP for my squad. His Distraction was huge and False Transmission was critical for taking out Maul in the end. Caedus's squad is really good and really tought to take out. if it wasn't for my squads synergy and teamwork, a victory would have been extremely hard to pull of. Ghost Crew work really well together and its fun to play them. Good game!
TimmerB123
Posted: Thursday, November 10, 2016 8:19:51 PM

FlyingArrow wrote:
FlyingArrow 3-0 over AceAce

Played on Asteroid Base. Full health Obi-Wan switched sides on Cay's Legacy (even after reroll) and that pretty much sealed the game. Obi-Wan didn't really even do much for me attacking his pieces, but he lost a reliable 40dmg per round and it was 100 fewer hit points for me to chew through, so it really was a huge swing.

TJ is killing it. If the final 4 were called today - you'd be in!

Obviously the flip was huge, but you must have forced Mike into that move, or else he would have killed him with another character.

I would have picked Mike's squad all day vs TJs.

Sounds fun none-the-less. Thanks guys!
TimmerB123
Posted: Thursday, November 10, 2016 8:24:39 PM

Mando wrote:
Just finished my game vs Caedus, ending with a 3-0 victory for my squad. Final Score was 231-56. Map was Jabba's Palace after I won map roll. I set up on the left side.

Was a fun and intense game! For my squad it was crucial to get good positioning and I was able to take advantage of my mobile attackers and ability to ignore other characters for movement via acrobatics or wall climber or False Transmission. Cognus was my main priority to take down because her Doctrine of Fear was really making it hard for me to land hits forcing me to combine fire a few times, especially after Cognus killed off Sabine Wren with a Suprise attack and regular round attacks. After Cognus went down to some shots from Ezra and Hera, Maul started taking a lot of damage from Kanan, who counterpushed him away from him after he'd used Lightsaber Assault and Sith Rage, negating 90 potential damage from hitting him. Survival Expert was useful for canceling out Dark Aura. Ezra was the MVP for my squad. His Distraction was huge and False Transmission was critical for taking out Maul in the end. Caedus's squad is really good and really tought to take out. if it wasn't for my squads synergy and teamwork, a victory would have been extremely hard to pull of. Ghost Crew work really well together and its fun to play them. Good game!

Cool report. Glad to see Ghost Crew working so well. (Little nervous to see them play with Asohka. Yikes!)

Shawn's not outta the running yet, but that puts Trevor in a strong position.
TimmerB123
Posted: Saturday, November 12, 2016 9:01:31 AM

Love to try and get round 4 in before thanksgiving.

Post here when you have your game time set.
DarthRattlehead
Posted: Sunday, November 13, 2016 1:48:44 PM

Got up this morning and had my game with urbanjedi. Awesome fun :) BB-8 rules (haha).
Darth Rattlehead 200 - urbanjedi 109

Will post a report tonight. Thanks again for the game urbanjedi. As always I learnt a whole bunch more rules! :)

Rich
TimmerB123
Posted: Sunday, November 13, 2016 3:36:25 PM

DarthRattlehead wrote:
Got up this morning and had my game with urbanjedi. Awesome fun :) BB-8 rules (haha).
Darth Rattlehead 200 - urbanjedi 109

Will post a report tonight. Thanks again for the game urbanjedi. As always I learnt a whole bunch more rules! :)

Rich

Nice! Thanks guys.
TimmerB123
Posted: Sunday, November 13, 2016 3:47:04 PM

Just waiting for the top of the bracket. Let you know when you sluggers have your games scheduled.
AceAce
Posted: Monday, November 14, 2016 2:01:38 PM

Nah, I could've killed with someone else but wanted a chance to re-roll if I missed. Didn't want to lose Chewie, Han or Lando. I was close to 100 but couldn't get it. Really close as he said if I hadn't lost Obi-Wan.
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Monday, November 14, 2016 2:23:31 PM

guessing bloomail is down, tried to send my opponent messages not sure if they even went through. I got really busy over the weekend though and wouldn't have been able to play so if you want to give me a loss and move this on, that's cool.
TimmerB123
Posted: Monday, November 14, 2016 2:51:50 PM

AceAce wrote:
Nah, I could've killed with someone else but wanted a chance to re-roll if I missed. Didn't want to lose Chewie, Han or Lando. I was close to 100 but couldn't get it. Really close as he said if I hadn't lost Obi-Wan.

That makes sense.
(For some reason I thought it was force users not uniques that were affected by Cay's legacy)