RegisterDonateLogin

Green pee.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

*NEW* Casual Format Vassal Tournament reporting thread Options
Mando
Posted: Thursday, December 15, 2016 4:38:15 AM
Groups: Member

Wasn't able to get my game in with DarthRattlehead. I got on Vassal for 7 hours hoping he would show up but nadda. I was lead to believe that he'd be on at least during that time period. I would have been willing to play at 1am but with no messages from him in response to a couple of my other ones trying to determine if he'd be on that night at all, i decided not to waste anymore time that night and get some sleep so I got off Vassal at midnight. I hope we can get our game set for today at least.
TimmerB123
Posted: Thursday, December 15, 2016 10:59:41 PM

I hope so too.

Thanks for the communication Trevor.
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Friday, December 16, 2016 8:15:00 AM

hey guys we played last night it was fun again as usual with spry. I won full win he got over 100. sorry I had to be at work at 4:00 am will write a report whenever I get the chance guys.
Dr Daman
Posted: Friday, December 16, 2016 2:03:21 PM

Mando wrote:
Wasn't able to get my game in with DarthRattlehead. I got on Vassal for 7 hours hoping he would show up but nadda. I was lead to believe that he'd be on at least during that time period. I would have been willing to play at 1am but with no messages from him in response to a couple of my other ones trying to determine if he'd be on that night at all, i decided not to waste anymore time that night and get some sleep so I got off Vassal at midnight. I hope we can get our game set for today at least.

DarthRattlehead just so happens to be staying with me this weekend as he's down or his daughters football tournament. He was on vassal the other night waiting for you, but I get the feeling you guys just missed each other. Just FYI so you don't think he didn't try
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Saturday, December 17, 2016 4:27:49 PM

Alright so, me and spry had our semifinal game and… well it was more epic then it should have been. It was a rematch and honestly I went into it with the idea of lets just get this over with it’ll be easy. There is a huge mismatch in squads here, but moral of the story don’t overlook someone’s skill in this game no matter the squad differences. So we played on the stupid train map, I always forget what its called, so he could hide in the train and move his way to gambit from there. I decided at the end of round three I was going to take cad bane down there with foul carrying him and drop 120 on nihl and just win the game right then and there…. Well, of course the minis God’s were having none of it. I rolled a 1 and didn’t kill him, he won init attacked with a dark jedi master hit, attacked again, hit, rerolled got a freaking 20, got a flurry off nihl, hit dead cad bane lol. From there I was like great…. Luckily I had killed some other stuff earlier that round, thanks dash. Still my squad was superior and has better mobility and range so I was able to pull of the win. General Skywalker is actually a fun piece, morrigan corde is WAY to good and was mvp, and of course when dash gets an attack and damage boost he shows why he is still a top level fringe piece.

Lesson learned, don’t tempt the minis god’s by taking the game lightly, don’t overestimate your matchup and please don’t forget the flurry ability lol.
Mando
Posted: Monday, December 19, 2016 11:00:35 AM

sorry it has taken so long to get our game in but we finally got a time that me and DarthRattlehead can both be on with the time zone difference. Our game is set for 5pm central on Friday, which is at noon on saturday in NZ time.
TimmerB123
Posted: Monday, December 19, 2016 11:24:29 AM

Thanks guys.

FYI to everyone else, I was in contact with both players, so we're allowing extra time because there was communication.

Congrats to Deaths_Baine For making the finals. Props to Spry for making him work for it. ;)

Also thanks Trevor Cook for your patience with the other semi final as you wait for your finals match.
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Monday, December 19, 2016 8:35:38 PM

its all good guys. enjoy the game man. that's what it is all about.
Mando
Posted: Friday, December 23, 2016 4:46:44 PM

had my game vs DarthRattlehead

end score was 200-165 with my team barely winning.....and when i say barely, i mean shouldn't have.

I played my squad very aggressively and paid the price for it. sabine wen down and then ezra and kanan and zeb. took out jaina, jacen, and his other stuff til it was down to my hera at 30 hp and 30 HP leia senator and dr E vs his 60 hp dray and 60 hp leia. I set up leia as a roadblock to prevent dray from getting adjacent but richards leia threw her lightsaber at my leia and only hit once. really unlikely that would have happened......next round. richard makes a really crucial mistake and instead of lightsaber throwing from where she is she runs adjacent to my diplomat leia and tries to kill her....forgeting that leia has diplomat and can't be attacked and also was preventing attacks on my other peices. hera then kills richards leia and then it is game over since dray can't possibly get to my hera in time and my score ticks to 200 with gambit that round.

honestly this games win should have been DarthRattleheads. i played badly and made some bad errors early on and it ended with richard making his only mistake of the night that led to my win. he palyed the game exceptionally well previously and I feel really bad that this one error cost him the win. my team seriously shouldn't have won like it did. i had some bad rolls on my end with jacen's unleash killing kanan and zeb who needed 7's and couldn't roll worth anything, but his leia needed only 5's to kill my leia and on attack missed which lead to the bad placement error the next round. if that second attack had killed my leia it be like the space marine said in Aliens "game over man...game over!". uuggggg.....i feel really bad about how this game ended. richard is a class gent and a really good player. the dice failed us both at really bad times but he got the worst of it at the absolute worst time. that placement error shouldn't have even happened. i've made boneheaded mistakes in tournaments before that cost me a win and all i can say is that we learn from it for the next time and hopefully it won't occur again. a rematch between these two squads would be epic and i think richards team would again have a good chance of winning. wish this game hadn't ended the way it did.....but it did.Crying
FlyingArrow
Posted: Friday, December 23, 2016 5:49:11 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

On to the finals... Congrats
jen'ari
Posted: Friday, December 23, 2016 7:51:03 PM

TimmerB123 wrote:
Thanks guys.

FYI to everyone else, I was in contact with both players, so we're allowing extra time

it sure is nice that you at least learned a lesson of being lenient on a vassal tournie. proud of you man. better late than never
TimmerB123
Posted: Friday, December 23, 2016 8:59:15 PM

Mando wrote:
had my game vs DarthRattlehead

end score was 200-165 with my team barely winning.....and when i say barely, i mean shouldn't have.

I played my squad very aggressively and paid the price for it. sabine wen down and then ezra and kanan and zeb. took out jaina, jacen, and his other stuff til it was down to my hera at 30 hp and 30 HP leia senator and dr E vs his 60 hp dray and 60 hp leia. I set up leia as a roadblock to prevent dray from getting adjacent but richards leia threw her lightsaber at my leia and only hit once. really unlikely that would have happened......next round. richard makes a really crucial mistake and instead of lightsaber throwing from where she is she runs adjacent to my diplomat leia and tries to kill her....forgeting that leia has diplomat and can't be attacked and also was preventing attacks on my other peices. hera then kills richards leia and then it is game over since dray can't possibly get to my hera in time and my score ticks to 200 with gambit that round.

honestly this games win should have been DarthRattleheads. i played badly and made some bad errors early on and it ended with richard making his only mistake of the night that led to my win. he palyed the game exceptionally well previously and I feel really bad that this one error cost him the win. my team seriously shouldn't have won like it did. i had some bad rolls on my end with jacen's unleash killing kanan and zeb who needed 7's and couldn't roll worth anything, but his leia needed only 5's to kill my leia and on attack missed which lead to the bad placement error the next round. if that second attack had killed my leia it be like the space marine said in Aliens "game over man...game over!". uuggggg.....i feel really bad about how this game ended. richard is a class gent and a really good player. the dice failed us both at really bad times but he got the worst of it at the absolute worst time. that placement error shouldn't have even happened. i've made boneheaded mistakes in tournaments before that cost me a win and all i can say is that we learn from it for the next time and hopefully it won't occur again. a rematch between these two squads would be epic and i think richards team would again have a good chance of winning. wish this game hadn't ended the way it did.....but it did.Crying

Sounds like a great match nonetheless. Congrats Trevor. Props to Richard for making such a good run.

So we have it. A Trevor vs Trevor finals. (My money is on Trevor, lol)

Let's start the week post Christmas. Monday 26th - Monday Jan 2nd.
DarthRattlehead
Posted: Saturday, December 24, 2016 2:27:50 AM

hey peeps :)

Merry Christmas!!!
Yeah, todays game was epic! was super fun, glad i finally got Jacen to do his thing, and man it was brutal ;)
Was super close through out the game, which was fun. congrats mando!
and good luck trevor in the final ;)

p.s. I didn't even look up bloomilk to see what Mando's Leia replacements stats were.. haha.. thought i'd just run with it, and since i don't play alot didn't even know anything about that piece.. my bad. haha

Congrats bro, and thanks Tim for organising it. I've had a blast... and glad my squad did well.. always wanted an excuse to run a jaina squad ;)

night night!
Darth Rattlehead...
Mando
Posted: Wednesday, December 28, 2016 7:22:21 AM

Sent a couple bloomails to Deaths_bane and tried to send a message to his email, however the email address he has doesn't work and I was unable to send my email to it. This week is going to be rather tight if we are going to get our finals match in, so it might be next week. I'm gone on friday til sunday. going to see some family in Minneapolis those days and hopefully watch the vikings actually win a game.
spryguy1981
Posted: Thursday, December 29, 2016 11:22:19 AM

I'll fb him for you.
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Thursday, December 29, 2016 12:21:55 PM

I responded to the bloomail today guys.ThumpUp
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, December 29, 2016 6:07:49 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Trevor won GenCon, too. It's a conspiracy, I tell ya.
TimmerB123
Posted: Thursday, December 29, 2016 11:11:00 PM

FlyingArrow wrote:
Trevor won GenCon, too. It's a conspiracy, I tell ya.

Laugh
Mando
Posted: Monday, January 2, 2017 2:44:57 PM

We have our game set for Tuesday night at 9pm Central. *que epic music intro*
TimmerB123
Posted: Monday, January 2, 2017 3:07:01 PM

Mando wrote:
We have our game set for Tuesday night at 9pm Central. *que epic music intro*

Sweet! Might end up with some spectators.