RegisterDonateLogin

Re-released with special features.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Reboot 37 - Death Trooper Options
Lafcadio
Posted: Monday, January 23, 2017 8:11:17 PM
Groups: Member

Krennic's Death Troopers are some of the coolest non-uniques that Star Wars has gotten yet! I loved these guys when I saw the movie! Create them a custom that is worthy of the Empire. I'm really excited to see how these turn out!

Rules

1. The character must be canon and from the chosen faction when required. They can have affinity, but the character must start in the chosen faction.

2. You may update any existing versions you already have and/or create a new one. You may update/create several versions of the character but you must ultimately select 1 you wish to run with. (this must be done by the schedule below)

3. Place a hyperlink in this forum to make it easier to find your character. You can just post the stats or image here but if changes are needed it would be easier (and save space) if you just used a Hyperlink (If you don't know how to post Hyperlinks in a forum setting please ask and we will help you. It's not hard )

4. Voting works as follows, pick your three favorite customs based on accuracy to the character, design, balance or whatever you decide makes the best incarnation of the challenge character. First place receives 3 points, 2nd place receives 2 points, and 3rd place receives 1 point.

5. (New) You do not have to enter the contest in order to vote. But unless you enter you must have at lest 10 forum posts.

6. To make things fair you must vote in order to win the contest. You must choose three characters entered in the contest and you may not rate or vote for your own character.

7.. The winner will be decided by how many points they receive. Ties will be broken by most 1st place votes, then if still tied, 2nd place votes and then 3rd place votes. If still tied, then the outcome is a tie.

8. You may not change or update the entered character AFTER the deadline.

You will have until Sat, Jan 21th, 2016 @8pm EST to get your submissions in. Anything submitted after this point will not be included in the voting.

Voting will start at 8pm on Saturday evening and end at 8pm EST on Monday, Jan 30th 2017
At the conclusion of the voting the scores will be tallied and the winner will start a new topic with his/her choice of theme.
Lafcadio
Posted: Monday, January 23, 2017 11:08:11 PM

My first attempt (I've got so many ideas for this that I might have to change it later):

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/27255/death-trooper
donnyrides
Posted: Tuesday, January 24, 2017 6:33:44 AM

Keeping it simple, considering what is already in the world of troopers (Daala, Vader, GARY, etc...)

Donny's death trooper
jak
Posted: Tuesday, January 24, 2017 6:37:25 AM

at first I thought this was about the zombie troopers, in the book of the same name.
but, alas, no, ANOTHER rogue 1 custom.............................
CorellianComedian
Posted: Tuesday, January 24, 2017 2:06:24 PM

Krennic's Death Trooper

Well, I decided against making the same piece as Donny this time.

Came up with Support Fire just now, but let me know if you think it's too much. The Empire doesn't have any gallopers that I know of, and they have plenty of ways to get deep strikers past the front lines anyways, so I don't think it's all that bad.

Toying around with adding Relay Orders - ditching Mas and Mice at the same time ThumpUp
Caedus
Posted: Tuesday, January 24, 2017 6:01:27 PM

jen'ari
Posted: Tuesday, January 24, 2017 6:18:07 PM

saber1
Posted: Tuesday, January 24, 2017 9:25:04 PM

Its a work in progress. Feel free to chime in with constructive feedback. Thanks!

Death Trooper, Krennic's Personal Guard
Kamikaze13
Posted: Wednesday, January 25, 2017 12:29:29 PM

Kamikaze13
Posted: Thursday, January 26, 2017 11:54:13 AM

Come on GG, you have to have some idea.
jen'ari
Posted: Saturday, January 28, 2017 5:01:58 PM

1. Corelliancomedian

2. Lafcadio

3. Caedus
General_Grievous
Posted: Saturday, January 28, 2017 6:02:53 PM

Definitely way to late on this one but here is my take http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/27277/deathtrooper
Kamikaze13
Posted: Sunday, January 29, 2017 11:15:40 AM

1st: saber1

2nd: Lafcadio

3rd: donnyrides
CorellianComedian
Posted: Sunday, January 29, 2017 1:07:43 PM

3rd: Caedus - Nice suite of abilities, but very straightforward. Solid attacking prowess, good statline, Grenades 30 is awesome, and Combat readiness is great.

2nd: jen'ari - Twin/Careful Shot is a nice choice. Stable Footing was a really nice call, as was Frag Grenades. I really like the "stand-still-and-own" feel of the piece.

1st: Lafcadio - I like the group abilities - you really want to have a lot of them in your squad. Synergy + CM really gives that commando feel. Comlink is also nice, I really like the flavor of pairs of Troopers going off to investigate something. And Protective Detail is brilliant; it'd be fun to pair them with Vader (VADER OF LOTHAL!!!) or Kylo Ren.

donnyrides - Elite Trooper is very inventive and a great way to open up squadbuilding options. Extra Attack and Ambush are great calls, and Accurate is just killer.
(Also, bonus points for the period in your title)

saber1 - I like the unusual abilities you gave him! It took me a long time to see what the second half of Krennic's Personal Guard is for. I really don't like the Enforcer ability, but you made it useful. Not a huge fan of boosting speed with Synergy, but the flavor is there. Covert Ops and Advantageous are great as well.

Kamikaze - Wow, this guy is the most self-sufficient out of the bunch. Ditching Thrawn was a good choice! Evade was an interesting choice, but a nice one.
Lafcadio
Posted: Monday, January 30, 2017 7:49:20 AM

Well done people! Those are some great pieces! I believe you have all done the Death Troopers justice!

3rd: donnyrides - Just an all around great piece! Nothing missing, and nothing out of place! Great representation!

2nd: CorellianComedian - Superior, Support Fire, are awesome! Support Fire especially! That needs to be a real ability!!

1st: jen'ari - I Love it! I just about gave mine Stable footing. And Frag Grenade is GENIUS!!! I love the fact that you don't necessarily have to target a square with a piece in it! You can have better placement to damage more enemies with this than regular grenades!

Great job guys!
donnyrides
Posted: Monday, January 30, 2017 7:53:51 AM

1. Jen'ari

2. Lafcadio

3. Kam
jen'ari
Posted: Monday, January 30, 2017 4:03:25 PM

1 hour left to. I am always looking forward to looking at the votes
jen'ari
Posted: Monday, January 30, 2017 5:03:47 PM

Lafcadio wins with 9 points!
Lafcadio
Posted: Monday, January 30, 2017 8:52:59 PM

Wow! Ok, thanks guys! I'll get the next one up!