RegisterDonateLogin

You can waste time with your friends later.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Reboot Week 56 sub/faction Options
blemelisk
Posted: Saturday, June 10, 2017 3:10:01 PM
Groups: Member

Im throwing in my concept(s) as well. Please note I am going with the Executive for my submission.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/27996/corporate-spy
ignore the cost of this char, but this is my concept of a corporate spy that world be working for one of the corps in the corporate sector.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/27993/espo-trooper
ignore the cost of this char, but this is my concept of the espo trooper. The main shock troopers of the corporations. I gave them a decent chance of activating (stunning) their target as they are effectively police (LEO) of Cor Sec. They very much work as a team. ...might should lose greater mobile attack.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/27995/espo-trooper-sergeant
an espo sergeant. using a weapon (flechette, read shotgun) that we see in the Corp Sec related books and stores. He gives bravado as his/her underlings want to show how tough they are to those more powerful then they are, to impress the sergeant. in hopes of recognition/promotion etc. He/she also boosts and incorporates the whole squad aspect that i gave the espo trooper.

My actual submission.
http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/27994/corp-sec-executive
He is to me a corrupt manipulative character. (for the most part) but also very much acting like an exec would and would stay the heck out of the fight as much as possible, while providing reinforcements and bribing those that might come in for the other side. small boost (cost) to bodyguards which this guy would def have a lot around him (in the fictional world, not necessarily in game). His CE really benefits all followers, especially the espos.

Rival with the listed factions as this faction is "fringe" but is "law abiding", and the listed factions would actually be enemies of this faction.

I could see adding: Corp Accountant (-cost to all corsec pieces, reserves maybe), Corp Thug/brute (basically what a large number of fringe pieces are, though could customize one for corp sec), Corp Middle Mgmt (someone what executive but fewer abilities, with CE and maybe brings in some non unique fringers to make Corp Sec), Corp Sec Pilot, Espo Quartermaster, Corp Sec Negotiator, Corporate Drone (read low cost worker, in game play terms would only have 1 or 2 abilities with some being "IT" and droid repair/reprogram, industrial repair for another version etc).
spryguy1981
Posted: Sunday, June 11, 2017 6:16:03 AM

1. Saber1 love the Jensaarai help
2. Lord Ball
3. Kamikaze
Lord_Ball
Posted: Monday, June 12, 2017 4:02:56 AM

I'm gonna go with
1. GG
2. spryguy
3. saber1

surf_rider56
Posted: Monday, June 12, 2017 11:06:53 AM

Well, I went 1-2 at the Regionals (Not my Finest Hour) so its time to move on ...

Here's my problem; Blem, you never really costed your exec, so I can't honestly vote for a "work in progress" since you yourself seem conflicted on how you want it to turn out.

Spry & Saber present another issue for me, more "personal" than anything. I was never impressed with the Jensaari to begin with and for Both of you to go there ....

Disqualifying myself for obvious voting reasons, that only leaves 3 pieces for me so ....

3rd Place - Kam's GenHaradan's Recruiter. He's costed right, but handing out invisibility And Twin is just a Tad too much for me.

2nd Place - GG's IG-88b - Tip of the cap for remembering Trifaraleen Gas. Always a fan of the Zann Consortium and almost got the #1 but I'd be lying if I didn't like the next one better GG.

1st Place - LB's Order of Shasa Acolyte. It's evolved from its original incarnation, which I thought was waaay to powerful. You cut him down, simplified him quite nicely (costed right too) and Progenitor's Call is much more streamlined and I like its change ... and how could you not Selkath? I've made over a dozen! Good Job BlooMilk

PS .... and I liked it so much .....

BlooMilk BlooMilk BlooMilk
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, June 12, 2017 12:07:19 PM

Man hard one this round, and Blemesk you had some super cool ideas but I have to agree with Surf I don't think I can vote because you didn't actually cost it/finish it. So from the remainder of the awesome entries:

1. Surf, only thing I would change is giving him empathy instead of AS, but what a solid entry for what should have been Iran own faction
2. Spry, strong abilities and nice soft boost to the Defenders while appropriately dropping their cost.
3. Saber1, man so close between yours and Spry's as they were similar concepts, but fantastic work
blemelisk
Posted: Monday, June 12, 2017 2:02:42 PM

1: Saber1: I think we could expand the Jensaarai a bit more. and this is a dang good start. might not make for more than a dozen pieces (possibly less) but still pretty darn cool ThumpUp
2: spryguy: another cool Jensaarai piece, the price reduction seems a bit steep for generic Jensaarai pieces, but i certainly like the flavor and direction you are going in. ThumpUp
3: Surf: for Quan, I would LOVE to see more of the Je'daii etc, spec having read the comics. ThumbsUp

3.5 Everyone else. I think everyone did an amazing job, the Shasa acolyte makes me want to see more as does the Geno recruiter. BlooMilk

Lesson learned for me, To me my piece was finished, but I didnt have a finalized price for it, (which I knew i hadnt). But I do hope that it inspired the possibility of the subfaction and what it could do, and how it could set itself apart from the other fringe subfactions. I also hoped that it could demonstrate the possibility of having a good number of pieces in it. It might not have as many as say the Imperial, or Republic etc, but could possibly get as many as we had in the Vong or Mandies. My main goal was to inspire! I hope I have done that! BigGrin

I will tally the votes latter on tonight.
saber1
Posted: Monday, June 12, 2017 3:06:01 PM

GG: IG-88B - I like the character and using Iggy to boost Zann is great. Dual Weapon Use is one of my favorite abilities so its inclusion is welcome. Nice addition to the IG crew.

LB: Order of Shasa Acolyte - Parry is nice and should keep him on the board longer. The real prize in Progenitor's Call. Tied to a Force battery, this can ruin an opponent's day.

K13: GenoHaradan Recruiter - Doling out GenoHaradan and Invisibility is bold! Should make this subfaction quite potent.

s1981: Nikkos Tyris - Love for the Jensaarai is obviously welcome in my book. Rapport certainly helps out the overpriced WotC piece while the CE helps boost their main trick.

s56: Je'daii Temple Master Quan-Jang - Looks solid. Admittedly, I'm not familiar with the Je'daii so I'm finding it difficult to judge this piece as a few abilities are unique. I'm guessing they didn't have lightsabers back then, hence the Empty Hand Defense. Alchemical Studies looks an awful lot like Empathy.

blemelisk: CorSec Exec: This looks like a great start but without a cost it is impossible to truly score. My gut says it needs to be trimmed a bit as its pretty thick with abilities for a nonunique. That said, there is a lot to like here.

Voting...
THIRD: Kamikaze
SECOND: Spry
FIRST: GG
Lord_Ball
Posted: Monday, June 12, 2017 3:10:59 PM

surf_rider56 wrote:

PS .... and I liked it so much .....

BlooMilk BlooMilk BlooMilk

What can I say, other than I am truly honored! (Need to fix the front it still says master)
blemelisk
Posted: Monday, June 12, 2017 3:27:13 PM

saber1 wrote:
GG: IG-88B - I like the character and using Iggy to boost Zann is great. Dual Weapon Use is one of my favorite abilities so its inclusion is welcome. Nice addition to the IG crew.

LB: Order of Shasa Acolyte - Parry is nice and should keep him on the board longer. The real prize in Progenitor's Call. Tied to a Force battery, this can ruin an opponent's day.

K13: GenoHaradan Recruiter - Doling out GenoHaradan and Invisibility is bold! Should make this subfaction quite potent.

s1981: Nikkos Tyris - Love for the Jensaarai is obviously welcome in my book. Rapport certainly helps out the overpriced WotC piece while the CE helps boost their main trick.

s56: Je'daii Temple Master Quan-Jang - Looks solid. Admittedly, I'm not familiar with the Je'daii so I'm finding it difficult to judge this piece as a few abilities are unique. I'm guessing they didn't have lightsabers back then, hence the Empty Hand Defense. Alchemical Studies looks an awful lot like Empathy.

blemelisk: CorSec Exec: This looks like a great start but without a cost it is impossible to truly score. My gut says it needs to be trimmed a bit as its pretty thick with abilities for a nonunique. That said, there is a lot to like here.

Voting...
THIRD: Kamikaze
SECOND: Spry
FIRST: GG

It is unique Smile Not costed completely and indeed that should hinder it a whole lot.
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, June 12, 2017 4:28:55 PM

Kam you are the swing vote to break the tie
saber1
Posted: Monday, June 12, 2017 5:02:10 PM

blemelisk wrote:

It is unique Smile Not costed completely and indeed that should hinder it a whole lot.

Right you are. My bad.
surf_rider56
Posted: Monday, June 12, 2017 5:04:02 PM

@ Saber - Alchemical Studies - Duhhhh. I never use Empathy. He apparently "controlled" Butch the Rancor with some form of Alchemy, so I called it that. I admit I never looked at Empathy and double duhh I worded it the same!

@ LB - Triple Duhhhh. One Man Quality Control. Easily fixed with copy paste on your part but hey, I'm human and a one man card operation (that would've Never happen with the V-SettersWink
surf_rider56
Posted: Monday, June 12, 2017 5:04:58 PM

saber1 wrote:
blemelisk wrote:

Right you are. My bad.

.... did I metion it has too many wordy abilities to"fit" on a card?RollEyes
Kamikaze13
Posted: Monday, June 12, 2017 6:18:42 PM

I don't know what the tie is so don't blame me...

1st: General_Grievous

2nd: saber1

3rd: spryguy1981
blemelisk
Posted: Monday, June 12, 2017 7:21:37 PM

Please confirm for me, but I am seeing 3 1sts for GG, and 3 1sts to Saber, if im not mistaken it goes 1 2nd vote for gg, 1 2nd vote for Saber, but then Saber has 3 3rd places for the tie breaker?
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, June 12, 2017 7:28:33 PM

tiebreakers is if there is the same points but just tallied it up and got:
Lord Ball 5
Kam 3
Surf 4
Spry 9
Saber 10
Me:11
blemelisk
Posted: Monday, June 12, 2017 7:32:59 PM

Please forgive me GG, points? I thought it went by 1st place votes, then number of 2nd (if a tie) then 3rd place (if a tie). Confused

If I have done this wrong show me how so I dont make the same mistake again please! BlooMilk

Though it is possible, I may have miss read voted names. Unsure
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, June 12, 2017 7:36:36 PM

blemelisk wrote:
Please forgive me GG, points? I thought it went by 1st place votes, then number of 2nd (if a tie) then 3rd place (if a tie). Confused

If I have done this wrong show me how so I dont make the same mistake again please! BlooMilk

No problem brother, here is copy pasted from the rules on page one:

4. Voting works as follows, pick your three favorite customs based on accuracy to the character, design, balance or whatever you decide makes the best incarnation of the challenge character. First place receives 3 points, 2nd place receives 2 points, and 3rd place receives 1 point.

Kam came in and voted which swung it into points otherwise if he hadn't then it would have been a three way tie and then gone to a later rule:

7.. The winner will be decided by how many points they receive. Ties will be broken by most 1st place votes, then if still tied, 2nd place votes and then 3rd place votes. If still tied, then the outcome is a tie.

blemelisk
Posted: Monday, June 12, 2017 7:41:31 PM

General_Grievous wrote:
blemelisk wrote:

No problem brother, here is copy pasted from the rules on page one:

4. Voting works as follows, pick your three favorite customs based on accuracy to the character, design, balance or whatever you decide makes the best incarnation of the challenge character. First place receives 3 points, 2nd place receives 2 points, and 3rd place receives 1 point.

Kam came in and voted which swung it into points otherwise if he hadn't then it would have been a three way tie and then gone to a later rule:

7.. The winner will be decided by how many points they receive. Ties will be broken by most 1st place votes, then if still tied, 2nd place votes and then 3rd place votes. If still tied, then the outcome is a tie.

you know what....it would REALLY help if i read that better! Drool
saber1
Posted: Tuesday, June 13, 2017 12:29:16 PM

Congrats on the win, GG!