RegisterDonateLogin

Senses we've picked up another pathetic life form.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Reboot Week 70 Bounty Hunter's Challenge Options
spryguy1981
Posted: Tuesday, September 12, 2017 1:31:44 PM
Groups: Member

As you know we used to have the Bounty Hunter's challenge at GenCon every year and it was a good introductory way for people to play the game. Just ask Darth Jim about the Teddy Graham kid sometime. Well we haven't had the BHC recently, but we have the cards still. This week, your mission should you choose to accept it is to create a piece that cost 100pts exactly. It can be unique or non-unique but it cannot duplicated a BHC character already created. Enjoy!

1. You may update any existing versions you already have and/or create a new one. You may update/create several versions of the character but you must ultimately select 1 you wish to run with. (this must be done by the schedule below)

2. Place a hyperlink in this forum to make it easier to find your character. You can just post the stats or image here but if changes are needed it would be easier (and save space) if you just used a Hyperlink (If you don't know how to post Hyperlinks in a forum setting please ask and we will help you. It's not hard )

3. Voting works as follows, pick your three favorite customs based on accuracy to the character, design, balance or whatever you decide makes the best incarnation of the challenge character. First place receives 3 points, 2nd place receives 2 points, and 3rd place receives 1 point.

4. You do not have to enter the contest in order to vote. But unless you enter you must have at lest 10 forum posts.

5. To make things fair you must vote in order to win the contest. You must choose three characters entered in the contest and you may not rate or vote for your own character.

6. The winner will be decided by how many points they receive. Ties will be broken by most 1st place votes, then if still tied, 2nd place votes and then 3rd place votes. If still tied, then the outcome is a tie.

7. You may not change or update the entered character AFTER the deadline.

You will have until Sat, September 16th, 2017 @8pm EST to get your submissions in. Anything submitted after this point will not be included in the voting.
ii
Voting will start at 8pm on Saturday evening and end at 10pm EST on Monday, September 18th,2017.
At the conclusion of the voting the scores will be tallied and the winner will start a new topic with their choice of theme.
saber1
Posted: Tuesday, September 12, 2017 3:24:34 PM

General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, September 12, 2017 4:52:12 PM

Going for a non-unique here, either this or my Super Tank idea but the Vong and reserves need the love these days

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/23151/young-rakamat
surf_rider56
Posted: Tuesday, September 12, 2017 8:48:46 PM

Have I ever mentioned I Hate Unique's?

About 7 years ago, the spring of 2010, I created this girl. I always hated the WOTC versions of her and the later V-Set didn't do her the justice she deserved. A true killer who wasn't afraid to take on Any Jedi, much less multiple Masters, she just seemed like she was always having bad breaks at the worst time. So I said, what if she'd actually had Fett's seemingly endless supply of luck? Cool

Aurra Sing on Swoop Bike

This is the character I always thought she Should be.

PS - Going Epic sized, I have limitations because of my card size. I could have easily given her a few more SA's like Deadeye, Sniper and a couple more FP's ... but this was what I could squeeze in, and its a tight fit to boot. BlooMilk

Cheers,

surf
saber1
Posted: Tuesday, September 12, 2017 9:19:34 PM

@surf: dang, she looks tough, but...um...BH6 + Twin + Strafe + Speed 12 + Jedi Hunter + Lightsaber? Then toss in Blaster Barrage and you have a piece that'll tear through other BHC pieces like a buzz saw and mop up the rest of the squad singlehandedly.
surf_rider56
Posted: Tuesday, September 12, 2017 9:24:56 PM

saber1 wrote:
@surf: dang, she looks tough, but...um...BH6 + Twin + Strafe + Speed 12 + Jedi Hunter + Lightsaber? Then toss in Blaster Barrage and you have a piece that'll tear through other BHC pieces like a buzz saw and mop up the rest of the squad singlehandedly.

.... and what else did you expect from a 100 pt piece? ..... You basically asked for a BHC piece which for all intents/purposes is an Epic .... or did I not get this weeks challenge right?? Cool
kobayashimaru
Posted: Tuesday, September 12, 2017 9:52:28 PM

@surf
wow! that is one awesome epic-tier variant of Ms Sing!
I can see CIS Lancer brigade swoop-squad themed battles in the near future.
Maul on speeder, Sing on speeder, Durge on speeder, as many lancers and swoops as I can cram in to the 500pts cap! BigGrin

She'll suffer from jolt and Ion-based weapons, which balances nicely

then, there's dynamic duos. Its a tough call whether to take Sing on Bike or Durge now... BlooMilk

thanks for sharing
saber1
Posted: Tuesday, September 12, 2017 10:30:05 PM

surf_rider56 wrote:
saber1 wrote:

.... and what else did you expect from a 100 pt piece? ..... You basically asked for a BHC piece which for all intents/purposes is an Epic .... or did I not get this weeks challenge right?? Cool

It's not that I dislike the piece, I just think she may represent too much of a good thing and is therefore possibly overpowered. When I look at designing something along the lines of a niche piece like Epic or BHC, I take note of the patterns and precedent of existing pieces within that category. I then look at my final result to determine if it balances well in the field of said pieces. 1-on-1 how does it stack up? How does it fare against other BHC pieces in 200 point squads?

In this case, all BHC pieces are Melee so there automatically will be some new ground broken. The base stats fall within the obvious parameters. Sure, your Aurra has less damage output than the typical 90-120. However, she can do at least 40-60 from range to ALL visible enemies, or potentially more to each reachable enemy. All done, mind you, with 95% chance to hit against unique Force users. Revan with Force-Attuned Reflexes and Bubble (though his Bubble chews up Force points) can hang in there a bit. Vader's Dark Armor 2 might keep him in the game and Dooku will likely fare well. Sidious and Kenobi will get massacred. Luke and Yoda will quickly run out of FPs and better make their saves. 1-on-1 she has a range of matchups so in this respect she may be balanced. At 200 points, she's probably in a league of her own. (Maybe we can get Gina Davis to play her in the spin off film) I shudder at the possibility of pairing her with Talon Karrde. +29 Attack for 50 damage, twice to each targetable enemy.

In fairness, if any BHC piece bases her she'll get lit up like Christmas tree. I like the character and dig Strafe pieces in general, plus your interpretation is very cool and not inaccurate. I'm simply concerned with the imbalance she may represent.
Caedus
Posted: Tuesday, September 12, 2017 10:30:14 PM

gholli69
Posted: Wednesday, September 13, 2017 3:44:02 AM

My big concern with your design of Ms. Sing would be that if you put her in seps with Cad Bane BH, she can strafe 24 and then twin a big Jedi with all of her bonus's kicked in she'd be rolling+25 for 40 damage. So a twin on the strafe and then the twin at the end of the charging assault would potentially give her 4 attacks against an enemy for a potential 160 damage in one turn, I can't think of other BHC peices that can dish out that kind of a smackdown.
Lord_Ball
Posted: Wednesday, September 13, 2017 4:15:51 AM

Since the Vset Kaan is terrible IMHO (his main strength was in his leadership and that just doesn't show in the Vset version at all).
I present a beefed up version of my original iteration

Kaan, Leader of the Brotherhood
spryguy1981
Posted: Wednesday, September 13, 2017 5:42:21 AM

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/28314/darth-malgus--sith-lord

Thought we could use a heavy hitting Malgus!
surf_rider56
Posted: Wednesday, September 13, 2017 6:31:25 AM

gholli69 wrote:
My big concern with your design of Ms. Sing would be that if you put her in seps with Cad Bane BH, she can strafe 24 and then twin a big Jedi with all of her bonus's kicked in she'd be rolling+25 for 40 damage. So a twin on the strafe and then the twin at the end of the charging assault would potentially give her 4 attacks against an enemy for a potential 160 damage in one turn, I can't think of other BHC peices that can dish out that kind of a smackdown.

This is Precisely why I hate doing Uniques AND anything over 25 pts. This isn't my wheelhouse. My ideal character is a 10-15pt non-unique that has 1 niche roll.

The only constraints this particular contest gave were 100 pts. I said "What about an unleashed Aurra?" I wouldn't know what to do with this beast myself, never mind what synergies she might have had. This is the 2nd monster I've created and frankly makes me shudder looking at it because its everything I ever Hated about Epic's and BHC pieces, just pushed to the Max.

Did I create this Frankenstein to be actually played?? H@ll No!

saber1 wrote:

It's not that I dislike the piece, I just think she may represent too much of a good thing and is therefore possibly overpowered. When I look at designing something along the lines of a niche piece like Epic or BHC, I take note of the patterns and precedent of existing pieces within that category.

In fairness, if any BHC piece bases her she'll get lit up like Christmas tree. I like the character and dig Strafe pieces in general, plus your interpretation is very cool and not inaccurate. I'm simply concerned with the imbalance she may represent.

saber, see above! Cool

You guys asked for a beast, you got one. I don't think I've ever even seriously Looked, never mind examined, an Epic or BHC card. Don't believe in monsters, don't want to play them .....
surf_rider56
Posted: Thursday, September 14, 2017 5:55:17 PM

Addendum to my last post.

I finally looked at the BHC cards. Now I always thought they were BH's super-sized to take on the uber Jedi. I seem to have misunderstood the whole BHC concept.

Frankly, all I saw at the beginning of this particular contest was amke a Bounty Hunter & minimum 100 pts. (or at least thats what I read into it.)

I am guilty of going out of the BHC concept, most definitely. But I will also say that depending on the contest, I've also created a few Cards (Valkorion, Sith Emperor of the Eternal Empire, Abeloth, Bringer of Chaos and Beloved Queen of the Stars, Darth Vader, Jedi Killer) that were frankly never ment to be played. This Aurra goes into that category; pretty sure she'd kill almost anything out there.

Peeked at the EPIC's too; reminded me of why I Hate Unique's, especially when over 45 pts Cursing

BlooMilk
jak
Posted: Friday, September 15, 2017 12:13:57 PM

a brand new droid from the LEGO Freemaker adventures

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/28318/m-oc--imperial-hunter-droid
jen'ari
Posted: Friday, September 15, 2017 1:18:02 PM

blemelisk
Posted: Friday, September 15, 2017 1:35:39 PM

i havent seen anywhere where the bhc concept is explained.....
saber1
Posted: Friday, September 15, 2017 2:35:42 PM

The best bet is to glance over the existing pieces and note the patterns and precedents currently set and go from there. Base stats are in a narrow range, damage output is similarly focused, all are currently Melee (though there are non-Melee epics so it's just a matter of time), all cost 100 points and all are commanders. Beyond that it's open season.
spryguy1981
Posted: Friday, September 15, 2017 3:36:40 PM

Sorry Jen'ari we already have a BHC Luke and I specified one we didn't have a BHC version of in the rules! But you have time to change!
surf_rider56
Posted: Friday, September 15, 2017 3:37:27 PM

saber1 wrote:
The best bet is to glance over the existing pieces and note the patterns and precedents currently set and go from there. Base stats are in a narrow range, damage output is similarly focused, all are currently Melee (though there are non-Melee epics so it's just a matter of time), all cost 100 points and all are commanders. Beyond that it's open season.

.... and where were You when I opened that can of worms?? RollEyes