RegisterDonateLogin

May not look like much, but she's got it where it counts.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Week 74 CCC: Create A New Unkar Plut! Options
surf_rider56
Posted: Tuesday, October 10, 2017 12:29:48 PM
Groups: Member

Normally I stay the heck away from the V-Sets insofar as if they did it, I won't (mostly.) But Unkar seems to have really brought out the pitchforks and torches amongst the villagers, so, since so many don't like him, lets see if any of You can do better. Lets see your version of him people. Yes I hate uniques, but this time around, why not? Probably should be Fringe, probably under 30 but otherwise have at!

1. You may update any existing versions you already have and/or create a new one. You may update/create several versions of the character but you must ultimately select 1 you wish to run with. (this must be done by the schedule below)

2. Place a hyperlink in this forum to make it easier to find your character. You can just post the stats or image here but if changes are needed it would be easier (and save space) if you just used a Hyperlink (If you don't know how to post Hyperlinks in a forum setting please ask and we will help you. It's not hard )

3. Voting works as follows, pick your three favorite customs based on accuracy to the character, design, balance or whatever you decide makes the best incarnation of the challenge character. First place receives 3 points, 2nd place receives 2 points, and 3rd place receives 1 point.

4. You do not have to enter the contest in order to vote. But unless you enter you must have at lest 10 forum posts.

5. To make things fair you must vote in order to win the contest. You must choose three characters entered in the contest and you may not rate or vote for your own character.

6. The winner will be decided by how many points they receive. Ties will be broken by most 1st place votes, then if still tied, 2nd place votes and then 3rd place votes. If still tied, then the outcome is a tie.

7. You may not change or update the entered character AFTER the deadline.

You will have until Sat, October 14th, 2017 @8pm EST to get your submissions in. Anything submitted after this point will not be included in the voting.

ii
Voting will start at 8pm on Saturday evening and end at 10pm EST on Monday, October 16th,2017.
At the conclusion of the voting the scores will be tallied and the winner will start a new topic with their choice of theme.
CorellianComedian
Posted: Tuesday, October 10, 2017 1:03:28 PM

Let's vote General Grievous the winner and move on LOL

School got crazy, so I can't join in this week, but looking forward to what you guys come up with!
surf_rider56
Posted: Tuesday, October 10, 2017 1:29:46 PM

CorellianComedian wrote:

School got crazy, so I can't join in this week, but looking forward to what you guys come up with!

Can I play you in a tournament or Regional CC? I never knew you rolled over so easily! RollEyes

BlooMilk
Lord_Ball
Posted: Tuesday, October 10, 2017 2:58:31 PM

Not a big Unkar fan, not a whole lot to really go off for him, but I'll come up with something crazy (and probably terrible Flapper)
blemelisk
Posted: Tuesday, October 10, 2017 3:37:15 PM

Lord_Ball wrote:
Not a big Unkar fan, not a whole lot to really go off for him, but I'll come up with something crazy (and probably terrible Flapper)

oh yea, not as terrible as mine!! Flapper

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/28366/unkar-plutt
surf_rider56
Posted: Tuesday, October 10, 2017 6:47:02 PM

Ok, here's what I got last summer after I went over the book & movie

Unkar Plutt, Jakku Junkboss He's a slime and an Imp informer and I wouldn't trust him with Your last credit. I almost named him Jakku Scum but went with Jakku Junkboss instead. Just a bunch of slimey abilities *and even negative one just to be extra summy.

Comments always welcomed.

Cheers,

surf
jen'ari
Posted: Tuesday, October 10, 2017 6:59:03 PM

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/28367/unkarr-plutt

Work in progress. a real process this one will be. I will have to find more sources on Unkar, I am running off memory from the movie.
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, October 10, 2017 8:17:40 PM

CorellianComedian wrote:

Hahahaha whatever do you mean, is it that obvious I think Unkar should be altered just slightly in a reasonable conservative wa- NUKE HIM FROM ORBIT AND START FROM SCRATCH! IT'S THE ONLY WAY TO BE SURE!
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, October 10, 2017 8:26:06 PM

And critique for you Surf, I think you need to change the wording of "not named Black Sun" to "non-Black Sun allies" or "whose name does not contain Black Sun" as currently there is no character named Black Sun. Alternatively just add in Rival for Black Sun characters and it would save you so many words.

Also on principal as a Reserves Player I hate swindler but the price point of >20 and the fact it's only one soft counter to Reserves instead of two game-breaking hard counters also makes yours an act of genius and worlds better by comparison. Nice work!
Lord_Ball
Posted: Wednesday, October 11, 2017 4:49:46 AM

Well I came up with this odd concoction of a character...
Unkar Plutt, Sleemo Junkboss

He wasn't much of a get his hands dirty kind of... um fishguy?
surf_rider56
Posted: Wednesday, October 11, 2017 6:06:36 AM

General_Grievous wrote:
And critique for you Surf, I think you need to change the wording of "not named Black Sun" to "non-Black Sun allies" or "whose name does not contain Black Sun" as currently there is no character named Black Sun. Alternatively just add in Rival for Black Sun characters and it would save you so many words.

Also on principal as a Reserves Player I hate swindler but the price point of >20 and the fact it's only one soft counter to Reserves instead of two game-breaking hard counters also makes yours an act of genius and worlds better by comparison. Nice work!

Actually, I was aiming at the Abyssin & Klat Thugs as such; there are 7 Thugs but only those two are Named (and have the SA) Black Sun. I wanted to limit him since Jakku itself is rather limited.

I kinda like Dishonest, Imp Snitch, & Swindler. No other Scum has that much slime attached to him BigGrin
Lord_Ball
Posted: Wednesday, October 11, 2017 7:37:25 AM

Surf that picture sure brings out the sleaziness of ol Mr. Plutt...
You have some cool stuff going on, my only issue is that he feels too pro-Imperial (Imp Snitch and Dishonest). I didn't get the feeling he was working for them, but rather too cowardly to show them the slightest bit of resistance.
General_Grievous
Posted: Wednesday, October 11, 2017 8:10:16 AM

My first take, keeping the toned down reserve hate on:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/28368/unkar-plutt
blemelisk
Posted: Wednesday, October 11, 2017 1:07:33 PM

Lord Ball:

In our game (as far as I played and ran tourneys 5+ years ago), there are no rules for voluntarily (there could be rules set up that you might actually want to voluntarily retreat, in a tourney situation, but those currently exist as far as I know) or involuntarily leaving the play area (battle). This game doesnt really need it per se, but most games have to have the rules as moving out of the play area is a possibility (x wing and armada). With that said the +10 in a way introduces this.

those under the effect of the CE have +10 HP, so that if they have 10 HP left (because of the CE) when he dies then they are defeated. It is as though "well our leader is dead and we arnt getting paid im leaving" and thus they run off the board, which in all other mini games constitutes them being defeated. In the end it is the same result for the opponent of Unkar. Now what happens is he dies, the CE is no longer in effect and those that only have 10 HP left from the CE lose it and go to 0 HP and are considered defeated. the in universe explanation is just a logical explanation to their in game defeat.

What gets interesting is if it should be disrupted, the same in universe situation could occur "cant get him on comlink, looks like he might be dead, or about to be dead, we wont get paid, im out of here!" However for simplicity I might make it so the +10 HP part isnt disrupt able (worded to be immune to it) just for simplicity sake.

I would love your take on the non distruptable portion to make this more simple. BigGrin
surf_rider56
Posted: Wednesday, October 11, 2017 1:41:22 PM

Lord_Ball wrote:
Surf that picture sure brings out the sleaziness of ol Mr. Plutt...
You have some cool stuff going on, my only issue is that he feels too pro-Imperial (Imp Snitch and Dishonest). I didn't get the feeling he was working for them, but rather too cowardly to show them the slightest bit of resistance.

Yet, didn't he call the Imps about BB-8 when they were looking for that particular droid? Sounds like a Snitch to me; anything to make a buck, whether working for them or not he wasn't going Against them. Being smart enough Not to go against them doesn't make you a coward when you're a criminal; its just bad business.
Lord_Ball
Posted: Wednesday, October 11, 2017 3:55:27 PM

Yeah, but that was because there was a bounty on that droid and he was looking for a payday, why else would he offer Rey so many rations. He wasn't doing it for the benefit of the First Order in the least, if he wasn't going to get paid for it he probably wouldn't have given a Bantha Poodoo.
jen'ari
Posted: Wednesday, October 11, 2017 5:32:13 PM

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/28367/unkar-plutt-----jenari-

Ok I went Emplacement to represent his "concession stand"

i then made a movement breaker to showcase that he orders others to go do something (hence the have to end adjacent part). It is for non-uniques because he is just a junk boss, not a crime lord with unique personnel on pay roll.
Lord_Ball
Posted: Thursday, October 12, 2017 4:09:11 AM

Updated the Sleemo Junkboss. As I said my initial concoction would be terrible, I had the goals in mind for him, but they never quite felt just right, a bit better now.
Lord_Ball
Posted: Thursday, October 12, 2017 4:17:28 AM

blemelisk wrote:
Lord Ball:

In our game (as far as I played and ran tourneys 5+ years ago), there are no rules for voluntarily (there could be rules set up that you might actually want to voluntarily retreat, in a tourney situation, but those currently exist as far as I know) or involuntarily leaving the play area (battle). This game doesnt really need it per se, but most games have to have the rules as moving out of the play area is a possibility (x wing and armada). With that said the +10 in a way introduces this.

those under the effect of the CE have +10 HP, so that if they have 10 HP left (because of the CE) when he dies then they are defeated. It is as though "well our leader is dead and we arnt getting paid im leaving" and thus they run off the board, which in all other mini games constitutes them being defeated. In the end it is the same result for the opponent of Unkar. Now what happens is he dies, the CE is no longer in effect and those that only have 10 HP left from the CE lose it and go to 0 HP and are considered defeated. the in universe explanation is just a logical explanation to their in game defeat.

What gets interesting is if it should be disrupted, the same in universe situation could occur "cant get him on comlink, looks like he might be dead, or about to be dead, we wont get paid, im out of here!" However for simplicity I might make it so the +10 HP part isnt disrupt able (worded to be immune to it) just for simplicity sake.

I would love your take on the non distruptable portion to make this more simple. BigGrin

Interesting that you intend for the bonus HP to apply to the bottom rather than the top, definitely need an ability that causes those allies 10 damage upon Unkars defeat, otherwise you can guarantee it'd be played wrong.

One of my main questions for the +10 HP is, for instance, the Trando Merc with regeneration. Starting HP = 20 So he's got 30 with Unkar, if he takes 20 damage he's still alive and kicking, but then stays in place for 2 rounds without being attacked again does he stop after the first round of regen (20 HP meaning the +10 was just temporary) or is the bonus HP meant to be permanent bringing him back up to 30? Based on your reply above I'm guessing 30.

blemelisk
Posted: Thursday, October 12, 2017 1:05:31 PM

Lord_Ball wrote:
blemelisk wrote:
Lord Ball:

Interesting that you intend for the bonus HP to apply to the bottom rather than the top, definitely need an ability that causes those allies 10 damage upon Unkars defeat, otherwise you can guarantee it'd be played wrong.

One of my main questions for the +10 HP is, for instance, the Trando Merc with regeneration. Starting HP = 20 So he's got 30 with Unkar, if he takes 20 damage he's still alive and kicking, but then stays in place for 2 rounds without being attacked again does he stop after the first round of regen (20 HP meaning the +10 was just temporary) or is the bonus HP meant to be permanent bringing him back up to 30? Based on your reply above I'm guessing 30.

That is correct. And when Unkar dies he loses 10 HP, because no ability is increasing his base HP beyond 20. I have a question, what happens when General Rieekan dies? Everyone looses Evade and MA unless they get it from somewhere else, or have it on their card. What about General Obi wan kenobi? or 501st Legion Clone Commander? When the clone commander dies what happens to their damage? This shouldnt be any different. It isnt an ability, but a CE, many commanders hand out others +s to base stats that could (and likely do go away) when they are defeated.

I.E. Commander gives +2 attack to followers. all follows add an additional +2 to attack rolls. Commander dies, followers no longer add +2 to attack rolls.

In the example you gave, the base HP BECOMES 30, and the character can be healed up to 30. But when Unkar dies, the base HP BECOMES 20. if the character has taken 20 damage while it was base 30 and unkar dies, the character also dies because his base becomes 20, and he has taken 20, thus it is defeated.

The only difference here is that the effect has to do with when or if a character is defeated, otherwise it should be treated like any other CE.

However I plan on wording it so that it cant be disrupted/distracted etc etc. That would make this far too confusing.