RegisterDonateLogin

Spreading like the Rakghoul Disease in an Ewok Village.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

MN SWM Options
darthraven
Posted: Saturday, October 17, 2009 4:37:36 PM
Groups: Member

It looks like attendance will be low this coming Monday so I'm taking the night off as well.
Jediabiwan
Posted: Sunday, October 25, 2009 5:35:24 AM

Definitely coming for the Geonosis scenario; I even convinced my sister to come as well!
Boba52
Posted: Monday, October 26, 2009 1:51:53 AM

Everything is ready for the scenario tonight. Can't wait!
Jediabiwan
Posted: Monday, October 26, 2009 1:00:30 PM

Well I went and it was pretty awesome! It was also really great that Nick could stop by, and does anyone no if he has a bloomilk/gamers/wizards account? The scenario was really fun and chaotic the 4th round with all the Jedi coming in. My only big complaint is that after the 4th round all balance was lost. The unique jedi were just too good with deflect, reflect, and FR1. We ended the game when Yoda came, and his help was just not needed. The Jedi could easily kill everything by themselves and I cannot imagine how unbalanced it would be with all those clones. However I think without the force abilities it would have been a lot more balanced and more fun. Overall though it was still lots of fun and I even got to stay to the end (after begging my mom many times)!!!
Boba52
Posted: Tuesday, October 27, 2009 2:29:50 AM

Well, last night my store ran Leshippy and Friends' Geonosis Arena Battle Scenario located here- http://swmgamers.com/e107_files/downloads/lesmassbattle.pdf

We had 6 players for the event. James, Katy, and myself took the Seps and Abraham, Garrett, and Nikolaus took the Jedi scum. We setup everything and got ready to go. The first 3 rounds the 3 Jedi participants each controlled one of the heroes and we each took a beast and a Geonosian on Picador. The Nexu was able to reach Padme keeping her from escaping as well as the Acklay on Obi. The Reek, on the other hand, was not able to reach Anakin, so he was able to escape and hide behind a pillar behind Obi out of the Reek's reach (total Jedi move! :P ) The Acklay was defeated first due to a double team by Obi and Ani, but in return Obi did take a lot of damage. The Nexu got some damage in on Padme, but the Picadors kept getting in the way of the massive Reek's movements. After 3 rounds the beasts rolls were horrid. I mean 2's and 3's for all of them. This was the real game changer here as Obi was down to 10hp (and should have been dead) but escaped and a heal on Padme kept her at 1/2 damage. The 4th round started with Nexu and Acklay defeated and the Reek at full HP. Mace and Kota were able to get next to Padme and Obi and with Bodyguard there wasn't a whole lot Jango and Dooku could do but try and lower some HP with Flame's and Lightning. Now is where the chaos truly began. The Jedi poured into the Arena followed closely by the battle droids. A Droideka promptly crit on a Weapon Master who missed the deflect and some Jedi Guardians went down quickly, but that was pretty much the highlight for the poor outmatched Separatist force as they spent the next couple of rounds surgically removing all the droids helpers in the Overseers and Droid Commanders. The shots were getting through, but deflected all too often. Sadly, by the time Yoda and the Clones arrived in Round 7 it was merely clean up as all the Droideka's were toast and all that was left was regular droids and Supers. The seps were able to wipe out most of the Guardians and Knights, but Agen Kolar was the only Unique Jedi we were able to defeat. The Jedi did a great job spreading the damage around. The cursed Jedi win...this time!

Everyone said they had a ton of fun playing this scenario which is obviously the main victory. I would like to thank Les for helping creating such a fun event for us. It was so well received by our group that it tells me we need to sprinkle in some more stuff like this vs just skirmishes all the time.

As far as an organizer goes this was my first time doing something like this and I thought it went fairly well. I forgot Kazdan's card and my camera ARGHHH! Round 4 was a little chaotic, but once everyone was in play it went fairly smooth again.

As far as the scenario goes, it is tough to judge too harshly with just one set of data. I would love to here Les and his crew chime in on how some of their results were. Based on this one sample it would seem Unique gaining deflect was a little too powerful (though, obviously if they had missed more I may be thinking differently) Also if the droids had some Droideka in the reinforcements from rounds 5-10 that could have changed the tide. Oh well, it was fun I'll give you that! Great job guys!

As far as Nik having an account anywhere I am not sure. If he does, he is mostly a lurker.
Boba52
Posted: Friday, October 30, 2009 2:18:30 AM

Upcoming events at Dreamers:

Nov. 2nd Sealed Tournament. This is a release event for Galaxy at War. DCI floor rules apply. $35 entry and prizes will be awarded.

Nov. 9th Dynamic Duo Tournament. DCI floor rules apply. $5 entry fee and every 3 people we will buy a booster and divvy out the contents for prize support. Don't forget that Bloomilk as a nice feature for squad building for this here- http://www.bloomilk.com/Other/DynamicDuos.aspx

Nov. 16th Open gaming. I don't know if I will make this one, so if you know you are going to be there feel free to post an event you would like to try or just show up and play.
Boba52
Posted: Tuesday, November 3, 2009 3:26:13 AM

Sealed event went down last night. Everybody had a good time. Turn out was a little lighter than expected, was the only downside. I took the last 2 boosters on the table and ended up with Gen Skywalker and Grievous. I also had a B3 and a LR droid and thought those guys would be fun with Grievous, but at the end of the day I figured I had better go with Anakin cause I would need is damage output. Here is what I went with-

Grievous
Gen Skywalker
R7
Night Vision
501st
Battle Droid

Map I won all 3 games and went with Yavin Temple.

1st match against someone brand new to our group named Hector. He is 11. I am thinking OK I get to do some teaching (which I love) and breeze into the next round. Then I see his squad and he has FLOBI and Cad Bane!!! Now I am afraid. My only hope if to take advantage of his 4 activations and luck! lol He also has a Clone Pilot and a Magna Artillerist. He chooses temple side and setsup in a corner. I setup in the middle. My Battle Droid gets gambit and everyone else is in the center. R7 closes the door on his side. He moves out to top edge of center. 2nd round he puts his Clone Pilot in gambit. He moves all his pieces closer to gambit. I figure my only hope is to setup to rush him with Grievous and Anakin next round, so I wait for him to activate and then use R7 to open the door and use my clones to take out his Pilot. I then use Knight Speed to put 60 on Bane who is adjacent to Obi. Grievous bases the artillerist who is 3 away from Obi and Bane. So that is it. It is round 3 and we are all based and it comes to this init lol. I win init and he Surprise moves obi out of there. I then use Grievous (who takes an AOO from the Artillerist) to finish off Bane. At this point Cad has went off without getting a single shot off and I am thinking whew that is over little did I know the power of Obi lol. Obi comes back and hit Anakin, Djem so made my attack doesn't get through Soresu. Anakin moves and takes an AOO from Obi to get Momentum and makes his Djem SO which is Soresued away. I then hit him twice with momentum, but only one gets through. SSM total is at 70hp now. lol Next all my shooters attack the magna and put some damage and he bases Grievous with his Magna. Next round he wins init and the artillerist activates Grievous and puts 60 damage on him. Which really hurts losing his 4 attacks that turn. Next Anakin moves again and the AOO djem so fest goes off again with this time I get one momentum attack through, but everything else is negated. Next round I win init and grievous finishes off the Magna and now it is all my squad against Obi lol. Anakin is at 10hp and no force, Grievous has 40 left and Obi is at 60. Anakin is able to get a hit through before he bites it, but Obi is now out of force. Grievous bases him and gets one through. One final init. I win it and now have to get 1 of 4 attacks through for the victory. He gets by the first 2 and takes it on the 3rd. Final SSM prevention is 200 damage.Blink Wow, good game I barely escaped with my whole squad against just Obi. If Cad would have got any shots off or I lost any of those inits no way I win.

2nd round I play Nik. He has Assaj, Tuuk, Senate Commando, Artillerist, and some clones. He chooses Hanger side and sets up in the middle. I setup in the middle. 1st round I use the battle droid to get gambit. He opens the center door with a clone. He sends Assaj to the middle room and debates awhile whether to use a force to put here adjacent to the door on my side opening it. (I secretly want this, but try and be cool) He goes for it and I promptly bring out R7 and close the door behind him effectively trapping her from the rest of his squad. I then move Anakin and Grievous toward the center to engage Assaj next round. 2nd round I win init and use Anakin to drop 60 on Assajj. Assajj hits back and I only get 1 djem so and take damage. Grievous finishes her off with Jedi Hunter. 3rd round he moves the magna and senate commando into my side with 501st all 3 in a row. Anakin uses Knight speed to attack the Magna for 60, but I only roll a 1 on the second one and miss. Nice. Now Anakin is sitting pretty for everyone to unload in his face. He misses a couple, but an opportunist hit from Tuuk puts the damage for the round at 70. Grievous comes down and bases the Senate Commando and friends. Next round he wins init and the Senate Commando takes out Anakin. (I think I missed every opportunity for lightsaber defense this game) Now Grievous tries to finish off the Magna, but I miss the twin forcing me to double on him leaving the Senate Commando and Tuuk full. Next round I win init and Grievous finishes off the Senate Commando leaving Tuuk and a clone against Grievous and it's over. GG.

3rd round against Monni316 who has Rex, B3, Droid Sergeant, Clone Pilot, 501st, Night Vision, Repeater Clone, ARF trooper maybe a couple clones. He takes Temple side and I setup in the middle. He has a machine gun fest and I figure this is going to be a long slow battle as I try to figure out how to approach. 1st round my Battle Droid gets gambit. He tries to figure out how to use Rex's commander effect to open the door on his side. I decide not to open my door. 2nd round he uses Rex to base the door. I open my door and use R7 to lock his and move my squad to the bottom room. He moves his Clone Pilot around the corner to open the bottom door. I use Anakin and knight Speed to kill him thinking I need a point lead and decrease some of his acts. He his one square off from moving some of his pieces and getting a shot at Anakin. Next round I move Anakin out of the room into a meditation chamber. He floods the hallway with Rex and the B3 and some clones keeping the quad shooter at the back of the map. He is able to get an accurate shot off at R7 with his night vision trooper and put it at 20hp. I move grievous into the room. Next round I win the huge init and have a decision to make. If I move Anakin into the hall and double Rex he still has 20 left. If I let him go first he will get 2 30 dam shots off and mobile back around the corner. Also if I leave Anakin based to Rex he now has 7 attacks he can make between the B3, Rex, 501st lol. (luckily for me the Quad shooter is behind a pillar and has to move to get a shot at Ani from that spot. I decide to gamble and move Anakin out needed not a 1's against him. First attack hits. Second attack I roll a 12 and decide for the heck of it to FP reroll hoping for the crit AND GET IT! Down goes Rex! Then I mobile out of there. Now he opens the door and B3 takes out my 501st, Night Vision, and R7 with his Triple attack. Grievous takes out the Pilot. Next round I win init again and Anakin takes out the B3. The Quad attacker takes out Anakin, but Grievous is 6 away and takes out the Repeater. GG. Some amazing things happened in that game for sure lol.

Great fun. I don't think I would have won any games without R7 lol. He was MVP for sure!

For my trouble I get a Hondo. Hopefully I can trade him for Yularen or Whorm who are the only pieces I am missing.

Jediabiwan
Posted: Tuesday, November 3, 2009 8:43:25 AM

Yay! A new player! Do you think he will be showing up consistently?
Boba52
Posted: Tuesday, November 10, 2009 5:57:40 AM

My first Dynamic Duo tourny took place last night. I decided I wanted to play Cad Bane and went with Kyle CI cause I liked the idea of having a melee and shooter and Kyle's CE is nice on Bane as well.

1st round I get the bye.Sad

2nd round against DarthRaven. He has Felcor and Shado Vao. We play on West's Starship. I get Kyle into gambit on rd 2 and put Bane out holding a door. I could put him where Felcor can't get him, but want him to engage me, so I use Bane as bait a little since both his guys will have to get through my 23 Def I figure the odds are in my favor. 3rd round I am able to get a shot off on Shado hitting him 3 times for 60 damage. He misses both deflects. He bases Kyle and Bane with Felcor. 4th rd he wins init and triples Bane and hits once. I hit him for 60 with Bane and move Bane away a couple of squares. He then moves Shado so he is between Kyle and the room Bane is in. I try to hit something with Kyle, but my attacks are blocked and Parried. Next round I win init and Bane takes out Shado (another couple of bad deflect rolls) Felcor triples on Kyle for 60. I make 2 Riposte saves and make the attacks, but they are Parried again. Next round he wins init and drops 40 on Kyle due to one miss and My Riposte attempts either miss or are Parried some more. Finally I win Init and Bane finishes off Felcor. Good game bad rolls (other than ParryTongue )

3rd round against Monni316. He is rocking Tyranus and Durge. He wins map and that is basically the game as he picks Yavin Temple. lol With the doors in the center I don't see how I am going to be able to open anything and not get hammered in return. I take the water side as I think the cover will help Bane. Then I realize this is a mistake cause on that side to open the center door you are totally exposed. Well I decide to go all Anakin and open my door with Kyle on Rd1. He opens his door with Dooku and both Durge and Bane are in the back. He wins init and Durge unloads on Kyle for 90Blink (which is totally me being a noob cause instead of actually taking the time to read Durge's card I just assume in my brain that he has base 30 damage and attack 9, so I figure no way he can hit Kyle in cover that much lol, so yeah I don't see the Jedi Hunter coming!) I respond by putting 80 on Durge with Bane. Yeah my memory is pretty fuzzy here, but I know next round he wins init again and fry daddy's Kyle and now Bane is alone and the door is closed. I move close to the center figuring I need him to engage me cause he can just get gambit and win at this point. So, instead of actually opening the door with Bane I spend the next couple of rounds moving Bane closer and stop about 3 squares away from my door. He spends his time spinning Dooku and regenning Durge. So, now it is full Durge and Dooku against Bane. I was thinking he would use Durge to open the door (if he engaged at all lol) so that Dooku would lightning Bane for 50, but instead he uses Dooku to open the door and Durge moves to base Bane and hits him for 20. Next round I finally win my first init and Bane drops 80 on Dooku and moves out of Lightning Range and into cover around a pillar so Durge only gets one shot and I evade that. Next round I win init and finish off Dooku. Now he is really nervous. Full Durge against 60 Bane. I win init again and miss so Durge takes 60. He has to move and hits me for another 20. I lose the next init and he decides to Triple me and regen instead of basing me and I miss 2 evades. Fun game.

So, all in all fun times. We could have got more games in, but were content BSing. Monni316 wins and we let him pick the boosters and he goes with 2 COTF, but alas the 2 rares where Even Piell and Old Gree. I come in second and snatch a Sith Mutant for my trouble which is just fine with me.BigGrin
Boba52
Posted: Wednesday, November 11, 2009 2:14:12 AM

Upcoming events at Dreamers:

Nov. 16th Open gaming.
I don't know if I will make this one, so if you know you are going to be there feel free to post an event you would like to try or just show up and play.

Nov. 23rd Proxy Sealed Tournament. Entry fee is $5. Prizes awarded based on attendance. Please contact me through PM if you want to play. We will be virtually opening a booster of Rebel Storm and Clone Strike and making a 100 pt squad using DCI sealed rules. Once all squads are PMed back to me I will post for everyone to see and we will start seeing who has the pieces to make the squads for everyone to play with.
darthraven
Posted: Wednesday, November 11, 2009 12:00:06 PM

Boba52 wrote:
2nd round against DarthRaven. He has Felcor and Shado Vao. We play on West's Starship. I get Kyle into gambit on rd 2 and put Bane out holding a door. I could put him where Felcor can't get him, but want him to engage me, so I use Bane as bait a little since both his guys will have to get through my 23 Def I figure the odds are in my favor. 3rd round I am able to get a shot off on Shado hitting him 3 times for 60 damage. He misses both deflects. He bases Kyle and Bane with Felcor. 4th rd he wins init and triples Bane and hits once. I hit him for 60 with Bane and move Bane away a couple of squares. He then moves Shado so he is between Kyle and the room Bane is in. I try to hit something with Kyle, but my attacks are blocked and Parried. Next round I win init and Bane takes out Shado (another couple of bad deflect rolls) Felcor triples on Kyle for 60. I make 2 Riposte saves and make the attacks, but they are Parried again. Next round he wins init and drops 40 on Kyle due to one miss and My Riposte attempts either miss or are Parried some more. Finally I win Init and Bane finishes off Felcor. Good game bad rolls (other than ParryTongue )

Two things about this game. 1-I forgot (as in my first game) to regenerate the FelCor. Stupid mistake. Unfortunately my opponents didn't catch this non-optional mechanic either. So we all made a mistake there. I think I could've won my first game with that & maybe hung in this game a little longer though I don't think I would've won it. However, I think I could've won it if Shado had not missed a kill shot on Cad Bane. Very unfortunate.
Boba52
Posted: Wednesday, November 18, 2009 1:54:14 AM

OK, all the squads are in-

Jediabiwan

Yoda
Devaronian BH
Rebel Officer
Clone Trooper Serg
x2 Stormtroopers

6 acts 100points

DarthRaven

Aurra Sing
Mara Jade, Emperor's Hand
super Battle Droid
Gungan Infantry
Security Battle Droid
Wookiee Soldier
Stormtrooper
Battle Droid

8 acts 100points

Monni316

Quinlon Vos
Arc Trooper
Dengar
Elite Snowtrooper
Clone Trooper Sergeant
Battle Droid
x3 Stormtrooper

9 acts 100points

Raynn

Count Dooku
Commando on Speeder Bike
Clone Trooper Commander
Klatoonian Enforcer
Elite Rebel Trooper

5 acts 100points

Boba52

IG88
General Kenobi
Stormtrooper
Jawa
Dark Side Acolyte

5 acts 99 points

Ilovesnowboards

Darth Maul
Bossk
Quarren Assassin
Clone Trooper Grenadier
Elite Rebel Trooper

5 acts 100points

Ok, so first look seems like no one is totally hosed. I definately don't like the idea of going against Yoda or Dooku...yikes.

So, Monni has all his pieces, Raven needs a Gungan Infantry, which I can supply. I need to hear from Abi and Raynn as to what pieces they have, if any. I will be able to field both their squads if necessary, just let me know.

If anyone out there reading this can play, just let me know.

darthraven
Posted: Wednesday, November 18, 2009 11:59:05 AM

It would be awesome if we could get some more players!
Boba52
Posted: Sunday, November 22, 2009 11:21:44 AM

Well, sorry guys. I am going to have to cancel tomorrow 11/23. We'll have to reschedule the tourny for 11/30. Feel free to setup up something else.
Jediabiwan
Posted: Monday, November 23, 2009 12:37:17 AM

I'll be coming with a friend so I hope some of you guys can show up!
monni316
Posted: Monday, November 23, 2009 2:20:34 AM

Lets go with standard 150 pt contstructed ... DCI rules. I'll bring a few maps, but if there is one you really want to use, I'd advise bringing it yourself.
DarthJak
Posted: Monday, November 23, 2009 3:23:24 AM

darthraven wrote:
Every Monday @ 4 pm.

you guys play once a week?Woot
lucky, lucky b*st*rdsThumpUp
Boba52
Posted: Monday, November 23, 2009 4:55:08 AM

DarthJak wrote:

you guys play once a week?Woot

We try!Smile

Thx Monni and Ab for jumping on this. I also have a very bad cold I am fighting, so it just wasn't meant to be.Crying

So, we are still trying to find a 6th player for the proxy sealed, so ab if you friend wants to play on the 30th let me know.
iloveasnowboard
Posted: Monday, November 23, 2009 8:07:15 AM

Hey I'm abes friend and I'll becoming every week. I was going to go today but I got sick with the flu Crying so sorry I can't make it today
iloveasnowboard
Posted: Monday, November 23, 2009 8:33:07 AM

also how do i get a DCI # ?