RegisterDonateLogin

Does not tread lightly in the Jundland Wastes.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

MN SWM Options
Jediabiwan
Posted: Monday, November 23, 2009 11:55:25 AM
Groups: Member

iloveasnowboard wrote:
Hey I'm abes friend and I'll becoming every week. I was going to go today but I got sick with the flu Crying so sorry I can't make it today

This is the legendary sixth player ThumbsUp ThumbsUp .

iloveasnowboard wrote:
also how do i get a DCI # ?

You will be given a card and sheet to fill out the first time you come.
darthraven
Posted: Monday, November 23, 2009 12:05:39 PM

Thank you to iloveasnowboard & Boba52 for not infecting the rest of us! I have DCI cards but I'm sure Dreamer's does too so whatever.
monni316
Posted: Tuesday, November 24, 2009 4:10:00 AM

Quick report on our gaming on Monday ...

went with 150 pts... here was my squad

Mara Jade, Jedi 45
Kol Skywalker 39
Leia Skywalker 25
Wedge Antilles 23
Dodonna 9
2 x Mouse 6
1 x Uggie 3

In my 1st game I faced Raeyn's Mando's

MC Boba
3 x mando scout
Mando Capt
2 x caamasi diplomat
1 x uggie

He won map, which was huge ... and selected the Coruscant Streets map with the wide open gambit. I chose the left side ... 1st round we both moved our pieces up. More non-action in the 2nd round, but at the end I moved Mara up 12 and based a Mando Scout ... I also moved a mouse droid and Kol into gambit. I won init and took out a Scout but then made an absolutely mind boggling dumb move by moving Mara adjacent to a different Scout. Why I did this, I'll never know. The remaining Scouts and Boba then took out Mara quite easily. Over the next couple rounds Kol was able to take out the other 2 Scouts but took a good amount of damage in return... Leia also got wiped out. In seperate areas of the map Boba squared off with Kol ... and Wedge/Dodonna took on Mando Capt/Uggie. I got really lucky with init for the next couple rounds, and without Cunning Attack Boba needed 8's kept rolling 4 and 5's. The Mando Captain hit a big crit on Wedge, and on then hit on the Twin as well, Wedge failed his Avoid Defeat. So it came down to one big init. Boba had 30 HP left, and Kol only had 10 left. I won ... went with precision... but then missed. fp reroll hit for the kill ... and the double attack killed an adjacent caamasi ... with gambit that gave me enough points for the win. Heck of a game ... that Mando squad was killer and it was a great map for him ... if MC Boba hadn't had so many bad attack rolls, Raeyn would have cruised to victory.

2nd game was against Jediabiwan ... who was packing something like this:

Capt Rex
Doombot
4 x Kashyyk Trooper
2 x Clone Pilots
1 x 501st
Mas
Yularen
Human Bodyguard
Czerka
a couple uggies i believe

We played on the Felucia jedicartographer custom map ... which is a great 'fair' map ... we both gained 1st rd gambit .. him via doombot tow ... me via a forcepoint. 2nd round it became apparent that we wouldn't be able to play a complete game, because they had to leave, so I decided to just rush up Kol and and Mara so we could just have some fun rolling some dice. Round 3 started with Kol and Mara based to Rex (who didn't have R2 next to him, so no towing this round)... He won init and layed 60 on Mara, missing once (I was able to make all my Jolt saves thanks to Leia's CE). Rex had the bodyguard next to him so he spread Mara's damage and didn't die... I then knocked out the Czerka with a well placed Accurate shot by GenWedge. Mara then went down via a bunch of opportunist attacks. Kol then wiped out Rex... but then took a ton of damage from more Opportunist shots but survived the round. Next round, Abiwan won init, and the 501st killed Kol ... and I called it.

Another solid squad ... those Kashyyk troopers are awesome with Rex and the Czerka ... add in Yularen, and they're plain ole sick! I think if we played a full normal game he would still have come out on top, although I would have kept Mara back and used her as a shooter taking out what I could and using Stealth to not take any return shots.

good gaming ... and looking forward to the Proxy tournament (even though I'm gonna get slaughtered!!)
Boba52
Posted: Wednesday, November 25, 2009 8:13:11 AM

Well, we have our sixth and of course he opened Darth freakin Maul. sigh Looks like I will have to enjoy getting whooped on Monday...

OK, all the squads are in-

Jediabiwan

Yoda
Devaronian BH
Rebel Officer
Clone Trooper Serg
x2 Stormtroopers

6 acts 100points

DarthRaven

Aurra Sing
Mara Jade, Emperor's Hand
super Battle Droid
Gungan Infantry
Security Battle Droid
Wookiee Soldier
Stormtrooper
Battle Droid

8 acts 100points

Monni316

Quinlon Vos
Arc Trooper
Dengar
Elite Snowtrooper
Clone Trooper Sergeant
Battle Droid
x3 Stormtrooper

9 acts 100points

Raynn

Count Dooku
Commando on Speeder Bike
Clone Trooper Commander
Klatoonian Enforcer
Elite Rebel Trooper

5 acts 100points

Boba52

IG88
General Kenobi
Stormtrooper
Jawa
Dark Side Acolyte

5 acts 99 points

Ilovesnowboards

Darth Maul
Bossk
Quarren Assassin
Clone Trooper Grenadier
Elite Rebel Trooper

5 acts 100points
monni316
Posted: Wednesday, November 25, 2009 12:18:56 PM

Boba52 wrote:
Well, we have our sixth and of course he opened Darth freakin Maul. sigh Looks like I will have to enjoy getting whooped on Monday...

Don't worry ... I'm a lock for a last place finish!!
darthraven
Posted: Monday, November 30, 2009 4:30:55 AM

monni316 wrote:
Boba52 wrote:

Don't worry ... I'm a lock for a last place finish!!

Don't be so sure. It's more than likely that I will make a series of stupid mistakes that will allow me secure last place!
darthraven
Posted: Thursday, December 3, 2009 4:56:48 AM

Last Monday's tourney was fun! I lost the only match I was really worried about (squad vs squad). Aurra vs Yoda. He got all his early reflects which negated my strategy. Mara couldn't hit so his support was able to do extra damage. I took a risk, deferring map in favor of choosing side but I think my only other flaw was splitting my squad. It weakened my support by putting them on their own although it did open up shots on Yoda & his support but again little got through when I needed it to.
I still came in 2nd & got Arica!

So roll call for 12/7. I want to know for sure who's coming before I drive there. Let's do 200 constructed.

Jediabiwan
Posted: Thursday, December 3, 2009 9:29:50 AM

Well I won all my games last monday including a close championship game with monni316. Yoda was really awesome throughout all those games barely failing a reflect save. Finally in the last few turns it was yoda vs. a Elite Snowtrooper, battle droid, clone trooper sergeant, and Arc trooper. Yoda had only 1 fp and 20 hp, but monni just couldn't hit his shots even with combined fire. Yoda was able to stay alive long enough to take out what was left and build up enough fps for shots that did hit. With a perfect record I won the tournament and got Corran Horn.

Unfortunately me and my friends probably won't come next week. Since only darthraven is showing up it just isn't worth the trouble. The monday after we have to do 200 though, I really want to try out my squad!
darthraven
Posted: Thursday, December 3, 2009 11:51:18 AM

Jediabiwan wrote:
Since only darthraven is showing up it just isn't worth the trouble.

Nice.
Jediabiwan
Posted: Thursday, December 3, 2009 1:21:04 PM

darthraven wrote:
Jediabiwan wrote:

Nice.

You edited you funny post?? Well hopefully more people can show up on the 14th I really want to play a 200pt game.
darthraven
Posted: Thursday, December 3, 2009 2:33:48 PM

Jediabiwan wrote:
darthraven wrote:
Jediabiwan wrote:

Nice.

You edited you funny post?? Well hopefully more people can show up on the 14th I really want to play a 200pt game.

RollEyes
I'm going to leave it alone.
Boba52
Posted: Friday, December 4, 2009 4:03:38 AM

Well, I definately should be able to make it the 14th. I should get my new JC maps next week, so the 14th I think we should play 200 constructed using the Mos Eisley maps. Sound good to everyone?
Raynn
Posted: Friday, December 4, 2009 10:12:53 AM

Boba52 wrote:
Well, I definately should be able to make it the 14th. I should get my new JC maps next week, so the 14th I think we should play 200 constructed using the Mos Eisley maps. Sound good to everyone?

This sounds good to me
monni316
Posted: Friday, December 4, 2009 5:15:02 PM

Boba52 wrote:

The Mos Eisley maps look awesome ... got mine on Wed, looking forward to playing on them.
monni316
Posted: Sunday, December 13, 2009 4:33:14 PM

can't make it tomorrow ... will be out of town for family stuff.
darthraven
Posted: Monday, December 14, 2009 3:54:04 AM

So who is coming tonight? I want to make sure it's "worth the trouble" to come.Smile
Boba52
Posted: Monday, December 14, 2009 3:56:53 AM

I will be there. Got my maps from JC on Saturday finally!

If we have a low number of people I am wondering if we should try and play multiplayer and make a big map?
Raynn
Posted: Friday, December 18, 2009 12:09:01 PM

I was wondering if you guys would ever want to do another scenario:
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=starwars/article/EvsE
I like this one.
And ThumbsUp MERRY CHRISTMASThumbsUp
Boba52
Posted: Tuesday, December 22, 2009 1:41:14 AM

Sure, I'd love to do another scenario. Though your link isn't working, so you need to help with which one this is.

I have been checking out the Battlefront scenario Hothie made to be played on the Meltdown maps, so I'll let you know when I am ready.

I doubt I will be able to play Monday 12/28. With the short weeks it is really impossible for me to leave work early, so we'll have to plan something after that.
monni316
Posted: Tuesday, December 22, 2009 11:35:08 AM

sorry I missed again this week ... ended up having to work. I'm working again next monday due to MNF ... but not even a Sith Lord will keep me away for the first Monday of 2010.