RegisterDonateLogin

Impresses females of your species.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

MN SWM Options
Boba52
Posted: Monday, March 8, 2010 3:58:49 AM
Groups: Member

Well, tonight I am going to the Source to play. They play every other Monday night from 6-9. Maybe I'll be able to get some of those guys to check out Dreamers on their off Mondays. For me the travel to the Source and Dreamers is the same distance, so I'll let you know what I find out.
Boba52
Posted: Monday, March 29, 2010 11:20:13 PM

Hey guys. I am going to be playing at The Source http://www.sourcecandg.com/ Monday 4/5 from 6-9PM. We are going to be trying out a new scenario that looks awesome. All pieces are provided for this scenario.

Images taken from this thread on Wizos http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75862/22364405/The_Great_Pit_of_Carkoon?pg=1

Here are some of the rules I (Batmite) had made for the game:

The Great Pit of Carkoon

Team Battle over the Sarlacc Pit. Teams compete to be the last characters alive in the Dune Sea.

See other sheet for Force construction and Setup. What follows are the changes to the standard SWMB rules for this scenario.

Nikto Gunner on Desert Skiff

Ignore the Desert Skiff ability on the card and use the following rules.

1. If this character (the desert skiff) is defeated, characters on board are also defeated; each can make a save of 11 to avoid this effect. These passenger characters who succeed on this save are placed on the battle grid adjacent to the space previously occupied by this desert skiff)
2. Maximum of four figures on one skiff. Opposing figures can occupy your skiff.
3. All figures on a skiff are adjacent to one another and to the skiff. This means jumping to a opposing force’s skiff would make a figure incur Attacks of Opportunity for both the skiff and all opposing figures on that skiff.
4. Line of Sight to and from figures on skiff are drawn to and from the skiff’s base as though the figure is the skiff itself.
5. Characters pushed from the skiff land in an adjacent square of the pusher’s choice
6. Climbing into a skiff from the ground requires a figure to be adjacent to the skiff and give up a Attack action

Sarlacc Pit

Figures on the ground can become victims of the Sarlacc’s tentacles. The threat gets worse, the longer they occupy the ground. The Sarlacc’s tentacles can reach anywhere on the map.

1. A figure that begins its activation on a ground space must immediately make a Save 11. Success means you can take action as normal. Failure means you place you figure on the Sarlacc tile along the outer edge and your turn is over.
2. A figure that begins its activation on the outer edge of the Sarlacc tile must Save 11 or be moved to the center of the Sarlacc tile and end its turn. Success on the Save means you can take your turn as normal.
3. Figures that begin their activation in the center of the Sarlacc tile must Save 11 or become Defeated. Success on the Save means you can take your turn as normal.

Jumping

Figures can replace their turn with a Jump action. The figure can move as though it had Flight during the jump.

Pushing

Figures can make a standard attack against an adjacent enemy. If successful, the enemy is moved one square in a direction of the attacking character’s choice.

Figures on a skiff can push one another as well. If successful, the pushed character is placed adjacent to the skiff’s base.

Khetanna, Jabba’s luxury sail barge

1. Figures on the ground can climb onto the outer walk by giving up an Attack action while adjacent or beneath the barge. Place the figure on a nearby outer walk space.
2. Figures can scale the sides of the barge. It costs 4 squares of movement during a move
3. Figures Pushed from the upper deck are placed on the outer walk as close as possible from their starting space
4. Figures Pushed from the outer walk are placed on the ground as close as possible from their starting space
5. Figures can climb from the outer walk to the interior of the barge by climbing through windows. It costs two movements to pass through the window and then the figure can continue moving on the interior map. Figure can also move from the interior to the exterior with the same penalties. Figures should always pass through the wall and be placed on the corresponding space on the other side.
Jediabiwan
Posted: Tuesday, March 30, 2010 2:52:53 AM

I might be able to come, but it is a bit far for me. After next week I won't be able to come for awhile b/c of tennis season so you probably won't be seeing me until the summer.
Boba52
Posted: Monday, April 5, 2010 11:52:32 PM

Played the Sarlacc Battle last night at the Source. Man, was it epic. Check out the pics here-

http://swmgamers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=8863

Boba52
Posted: Monday, April 5, 2010 11:54:58 PM

MOTF Release Tournament

The Source Comics & Games in St. Paul, Minnesota, on the corner of Larpenteur and Snelling (www.sourcecandg.com/)

Sunday, April 11th, starting at 1:00 (store closes at 6:00 but we will probably be done sooner).

The only fee will be the price of two MotF boosters, which must be purchased at the Source on the 11th.

Everyone will build 150-point armies, no faction rule.

We will use a combination of wins and victory points to determine the winner and subsequent places.
This is NOT DCI and there will be no gambit rule.
Points are counted both for how many you have left on the table and how many you have defeated.
Round limits will be 1 hour, if necessary.

There will be prizes!! Everyone will get a prize!! At the end, after we have determined the results, we will open a few booster packs and each person will choose a figure based on how they placed. First place gets first choice, second place second choice, etc.
Boba52
Posted: Friday, May 14, 2010 1:01:12 AM

Monday May 17 6:00pm. The Source Comics and Games.

Zombie Scenario (as created by Lackey and LoboStele)

Squads will be 150 points 6 figures maximum. All living pieces. No DCI rules.

Basically, it works like this. Your entire squad must be living characters. No non-living pieces at all. Whenever a piece dies of 'natural causes' (shot by somebody, flamethrower, lightsaber hit, etc.), you roll a save of 11. If you fail that save, the piece comes back as a Zombie (see below for Zombie stats)! Basically, a Zombie virus has infected everyone. There's no way to know who might become a Zombie until they are dead and it's already too late!

Now, you still control Zombies that spawn from your own pieces. Whether they are activated or not depends on what the status was of the piece that was defeated (kind of like Princess Leia, Hoth Commander's CE).

Now, where it starts to get really interesting is when your Zombies start attacking your opponent. Zombies work basically like Rakghouls. If one of your Zombies kills a living enemy, then YOU get a free Zombie, just like Rakghoul disease. No save of 11 for that either, again, just like the Rakghoul. Whenever a Zombie gets defeated, it is dead...again...lol.

You play the game as normal, first person to defeat the other person's squad wins, or if playing with a time limit, use the normal DCI rules for tiebreakers if time runs out before someone wins.

Here are the stats to use for the Zombies. Non-Uniuqe Zombies come from defeated non-Uniques, and Unique Zombies come from defeated Uniques. Anything killed by a Zombie that spawns a new Zombie, it is spawned according to what the defeated character was, either Unique or non-Unique.

Boba52
Posted: Monday, June 7, 2010 12:43:16 AM

Next event is Dejarik Play. 6/14 6:30PM The Source. ALL minis provided. We will be playing on Dejarik maps with Dejarik minis using SWM rules. Hope to see you there.

Also, now that school is getting closer to being out do any of you guys have interest in starting something back up at Dreamers? Monday still or a different day?
Jediabiwan
Posted: Wednesday, June 9, 2010 7:23:42 AM

Me Garrett and Gavin are pretty busy this summers so we could only really play a few random weeks. However, I would love to get something started at dreamers agian, just maybe near the beginning of the school year.
Boba52
Posted: Tuesday, September 21, 2010 12:52:07 AM

Had a great event last night at the Source. You can check out the write up here-

http://swmgamers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=9805&sid=a287db0fdb4ee42c7f4cb74c8e8cd4c1

We did a Custom 40 piece set booster draft and it turned out really well. Fun times.

The post at Gamers has a PDF of the entire set list. We will be doing this again and will for sure be playing with these pieces in constructed squads as well, so any feedback on the pieces will be greatly appreciated.
Jediabiwan
Posted: Sunday, October 24, 2010 7:33:36 AM

Now that fall sports are over, me, gavin, and garrett, might be able to show up for a few nights if you are still playing. Could you post the link to the topic in gamers with the schedule. I looked, but i couldn't find it lol.
Boba52
Posted: Monday, November 22, 2010 1:58:53 AM

Sorry guys. I haven't checked this for awhile. Are you saying about playing at the Source or Dreamers? If you guys can get a date together to play then post here or send me a PM or email Boba52@swmgamers.com and I'll let you know what works for me.