RegisterDonateLogin

Mind what you have learned. Save you it can.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Week 175 - Christmas Edition Options
General_Grievous
Posted: Wednesday, December 11, 2019 8:22:50 PM
Groups: Member

Alright so The Mandalorian is the new flavour of the month (and rightfully so!) episode 9 is right around the corner and both are rich with new ideas (and I'm sure will be future CCC topics! If you haven't seen The Mandalorian yet definitely do!), but you know what it's also Christmas season, and with the new two week format (which I'm going to extend to three weeks because who is going to be on bloomilk on Christmas Eve other than me hahaha) and busy season, the special day will be on us soon. Whether you are like me and celebrating the greatest gift being given to mankind over two millennium ago or are just celebrating the gift of family, friends and actual gifts; it is the season of waiting and giving.

So this week's challenge is to create a piece that "waits and gives", however you want to interpret that is fine, but almost a sort of objective piece that helps your squad once it grows in power (simplest explanation is a force battery like we have). Good luck, God bless and Merry Christmas.

1. The character must be canonical to either of the Canon or Legends continuities and from the chosen faction when required. They can have affinity, but the character must start in the chosen faction.

2. You may update any existing versions you already have and/or create a new one. You may update/create several versions of the character but you must ultimately select 1 you wish to run with. (this must be done by the schedule below)

3. Place a hyperlink in this forum to make it easier to find your character. You can just post the stats or image here but if changes are needed it would be easier (and save space) if you just used a Hyperlink (If you don't know how to post Hyperlinks in a forum setting please ask and we will help you. It's not hard )

4. Voting works as follows, pick your three favorite customs based on accuracy to the character, design, balance or whatever you decide makes the best incarnation of the challenge character. First place receives 3 points, 2nd place receives 2 points, and 3rd place receives 1 point.

5. You do not have to enter the contest in order to vote. But unless you enter you must have at least 10 forum posts.

6. To make things fair you must vote in order to win the contest. You must choose three characters entered in the contest and you may not rate or vote for your own character.

7. The winner will be decided by how many points they receive. Ties will be broken by most 1st place votes, then if still tied, 2nd place votes and then 3rd place votes. If still tied, then the outcome is a tie.

8. You may not change or update the entered character AFTER the deadline.

You will have until Saturday, December 28th, 2019 @8pm EDT to get your submissions in. Anything submitted after this point will not be included in the voting.

Voting will start at 8pm on Saturday evening and end at 11pm EDT on Monday, December 30th, 2019.

At the conclusion of the voting the scores will be tallied and the winner will start a new topic with their choice of theme.
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Wednesday, December 11, 2019 10:21:31 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

CorranHornsux123
Posted: Thursday, December 12, 2019 10:13:09 AM

Slirk
Posted: Thursday, December 12, 2019 9:04:36 PM

My Entry, based off the Bane novels.
http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/37190/thought-bomb
AlexTheGreat
Posted: Friday, December 13, 2019 4:55:08 AM

Alright!!! After a long absence from the CCC I'm glad to to be back!! And since GG is this week topic creator, my entry will be a Sep character!!
Here we go...

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/31882/asajj-ventress--separatist-commander
CorellianComedian
Posted: Monday, December 16, 2019 5:08:09 PM

Not sure if this quite counts as "waiting," but this guy's boosts don't kick in until your Soldier are almost done for. I know Belth is pretty beefy for the cost, but he's competing with the Arkanian Jedi General (and possibly Bastila), so he's gotta be a solid competitor.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/37191/jedi-general-belth-allusis
General_Grievous
Posted: Thursday, December 26, 2019 8:17:30 AM

General_Grievous
Posted: Sunday, December 29, 2019 3:23:28 PM

Gandalf, KOTOR character not yet produced gets extra points and a simple thematic ability! Now we just need a Revan without a lightsaber from his Taris days.

CHS, interesting reserves-ish type piece which could get decently strong if enough time went by, it feels like a time-travelling stargate so theme may be a bit interesting but mechanically very cool.

Slirk, very strong scenario piece, not sure if it's too harsh on force users and it's gift is a gift of death hahaha. But another very different out there well thought out piece.

Alex, feels almost WOTC in simplicity of design which is an awesome thing, well done alex!

CC, this is such a strong balancing piece that we need this in the game tomorrow. Excellent design!

Some really creative angles explored this month guys, excellent work all around and hard to choose winners. In the end:

3rd, Slirk
2nd Alex
1st CC
CorellianComedian
Posted: Sunday, December 29, 2019 4:33:33 PM

Oops. Didn't know it was voting time already. Should've gone and given some feedback first.

Anyways....

Gandalf, Master Zhar is brilliant. It's a really fun idea to give Carth or Mira or Jarael a lightsaber, and it's beautifully balanced. Neat Force powers and streamlined design.

GG... somehow, you made my favorite YV piece of all time. I usually hate look at Vong squads because of the odd network of effects they need in play to be good, and for that reason I never remember what the Yammosk does. This, on the other hand, is very straightforward and doesn't rely on other weird tech to bring its bonuses to the table.

CorranHorn - love the idea of a Jedi command center spawning in new Jedi troops. I think you would have been fine with a higher Renewal, but it's still a neat concept. Also love the CE and Light Tutor - nice minor boosts alongside the main feature.

Slirk - Wow, that is a mini. Seems super fragile at first, but you don't have to have it in the center, so that's good. I don't think the Sith are a great faction for stalling, so I was concerned about being able to wait 7 turns to use it, but again, you can keep it hidden away, and you can heal it by taking down Jedi. It's surprisingly balanced for a piece that one-shots an entire subgroup of pieces.

Alex - Great piece! Really feels like Asajj, and reminds me of the old WotC versions. The cannon shot CE is cool. In hindsight, could probably be a bit cheaper by v-set standards, but is pretty in-line with WotC costing.

3rd - AlexTheGreat
2nd - General Grievous
1st - Gandalf

Great job folks!
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Sunday, December 29, 2019 4:47:38 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

1. CC

2. GG

3. Alex
AlexTheGreat
Posted: Sunday, December 29, 2019 5:05:36 PM

1 CHS

2 Slirk

3 GG
General_Grievous
Posted: Sunday, December 29, 2019 10:46:06 PM

Thanks CC! Much appreciated I was trying to find a way to make The World Brain thematically fitting while still being helpful in Vong, NR and Sith squads, and I always like to keep it simpler.

Just waiting on CHS and Slirk to vote then we can tally it up
CorranHornsux123
Posted: Sunday, December 29, 2019 11:18:10 PM

Alot of awesome pieces guys! Heres my vote.
1. CC
2. Alex
3. GG
Slirk
Posted: Monday, December 30, 2019 1:26:53 AM

blasted this week was tough, a ton of great customs! I'm a sucker for the old republic characters and the idea of having more Emplacement minis is great. These customs really boost factions that don't get played enough. As the others said, these minis could come straight from WOTC. I picked mine based on the uniqueness and squad building capabilities that add more flavor to the game. It wasn't easy but my picks are...

1. CHS
2. GG
3. CC

Happy Holidays everyone!

General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, December 30, 2019 9:26:15 AM

The votes are in and CC you win this round brother! Well done everyone and it was a close week with everyone getting decent points. The topic is yours to post up CC and feel freee to set the time limit for two weeks again if you like as it seemed to generate more interest with the longer time frame.
CorellianComedian
Posted: Monday, December 30, 2019 9:47:19 PM

Wow - great way to end out the decade! Great job to everyone, again. I'll have one up Tuesday!