RegisterDonateLogin

Lock the door, and hope they don't have straws.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

N/U Wars Vassal League! Options
thereisnotry
Posted: Wednesday, December 16, 2020 6:53:38 PM
Groups: Member

It's spreading everywhere.
Initially, they were just isolated flare-ups on backwater planets.
Nothing out of the ordinary.
But before long, the frequency of peasant skirmishes started to grow:
uprisings were taking place all across the galaxy!
Whether for good or for ill, we have all been swept up in its tide.
Begun, the Non-Unique Wars have!

Starting on Saturday, January 2, we will be holding a new Vassal League for anyone who wants to play. This league will be open to any and all players, regardless of experience. The only requirements are that you have the latest version of the SWM vassal mod (version 20.5) installed on your computer, that you know the rules of the game, and that you have enough time to play one game per week.

League Structure
--Players will commit to scheduling and playing 1 game per week.
--On Saturday of each week, around noon, I will post the pairings for the following week. The deadlines for games being reported is midnight (PST) on Friday evenings.
--We will use a round-robin format, so that every player in the league will be paired once against every other player.
--League ranking will be according to the following criteria: Total Match Points scored (i.e., 3pts for a full win, 2pts for a partial win, etc), then by the number of Wins (whether full or partial), then by Total Score (the max score for any game will be 150pts, to prevent people from trying for something like a big 198pt overkill score). If players are still tied after that, then the player who played more different factions will rank higher.
--After the final week of play has concluded, we will cut to a Top 8, Top 4, or perhaps a Top 2 (depending on the number of participants) for a regular single-elimination playoff round.

Player Responsibilities
--Players will commit to scheduling and playing 1 game per week. (Yes, I already said this, but I’m saying it again!)
--New pairings will be announced on Saturdays around noon. Please contact your opponent as soon as possible after pairings are announced, each week. If you have contacted your opponent but he/she has not responded by Tuesday evening, please let me know.
--In the event that a match is not played, it will be scored as a 0-0 double loss if neither player has tried to contact his/her opponent, or as a 3-0 win if one player has taken the initiative but his/her opponent has been non-responsive. The match will be scored as a 1-1 double-loss if both players have tried to make it work but the capriciousness of destiny has thwarted them.
--Please do your best to play your game within the 1-week timeframe. Under no circumstances will we postpone the next round of league play for any games that remain un-played after the Friday evening deadline. (We will have more leniency during the playoff rounds, because fewer players will be affected by any potential delay.)

Squad-Building Format
--Squads must be composed entirely of non-unique characters, each costing 20pts or less. (That means no characters costing more than 20pts, and no Unique characters of any cost.)
--150 pt squads. Gambit is 8pts per round and can only be scored by a character costing 8pts or more.
--Regular faction and affinity rules apply (Fringe characters may appear in any squad, and you are free to use Fringe as your squad's faction, if you'd like).
--You MAY change your squad each week; in fact, that is encouraged. Get creative!
--You may NOT use the same faction two weeks in a row. For example: if you build a Vong squad in week 1, then you cannot use a Vong squad in week 2, though you could use the Vong again in week 3 if you wanted.
--The Restricted Maplist is in effect (all maps are available on Vassal):
Quote:
Throne Room
Starport Terminal
Starport District
Bothan Spynet (Spynet HQ)
Rhen Var (Ice World Citadel)
Outlaw City
Cantina
Ravaged Base (Commander's Office)

Banned Characters
Due to this being an irregular format, we may need to ban certain pieces. Any pieces that we do ban for this league will be listed here:
--Squads may not contain more than 1 character whose name contains "BX". (So no BX Spotter & Sniper spamming combos...that would be a massive NPE for this format.)

Match Reporting
The winning player reports the match, in this thread. Please include the following information:
--The Week # that this match was part of.
--Winning player: Points, Score, Faction
--Losing player: Points, Score, Faction
--The map that you played on, along with a brief summary of the action. Be sure to list any MVPs or epic plays. (Don’t forget to blame the Vassal dice!)

Participants
adamb0nd
DarkDrakul
Darth O
FlyingArrow
Mando
Timmerb123
thereisnotry
urbanjedi
urbanshmi
thereisnotry
Posted: Wednesday, December 16, 2020 6:54:13 PM

Standings and Pairings

Standings
Quote:
1st - Timmerb123 14pts, 5-2 (822)
2nd - Mando 14pts, 5-2 (829)
3rd - FlyingArrow 13pts, 4-3 (767)
4th - Darth O 13pts, 4-3 (809)

5th - DarkDrakul 12pts, 4-3 (718)
6th - urbanjedi 11pts, 3-4 (785)
7th - thereisnotry 9pts, 2-5 (728)
8th - urbanshmi 2pts, 0-7 (362)

Tiebreakers for Standings:
-Total Points
-Total Wins (Full and Partial)
-Total Score (no individual match score will count higher than 150)

Following the Round Robin, we will cut to a Top 4 for playoff rounds.

Week 1 (January 2-8)
urbanshmi (1, 92, OR) vs urbanjedi (3, 150, Empire)
Darth O (0, 59, Rebel) vs FlyingArrow (3, 150, Rebel)
DarkDrakul (0, 73, OR) vs TimmerB123 (2, 110, Empire)
thereisnotry - no match this week
Mando - no match this week

Week 2 (January 9-15)
FlyingArrow (0, 67, Mando) vs DarkDrakul (3, 150, Sith)
urbanjedi (3, 150, Sith) vs Darth O (0, 48, Separatist)
thereisnotry (3, 150, Separatist) vs urbanshmi (0, 45, Vong)
Mando - no match this week
TimmerB123 - no match this week

Week 3 (January 16-22)
urbanshmi (0, 30, Fringe) vs Mando (3, 132, Mando)
Darth O (3, 150, Sith) vs thereisnotry (1, 127, Sith)
DarkDrakul (3, 150, Vong) vs urbanjedi (1, 104, Mando)
TimmerB123 (0, 31, Mando) vs FlyingArrow (3, 150, Sith)

Week 4 (January 23-29)
urbanjedi (2, 135, OR) vs TimmerB123 (1, 131, OR)
thereisnotry (1, 123, Sith) vs DarkDrakul (3, 150, OR)
Mando (0, 43, Vong) vs Darth O (3, 150, Vong)
urbanshmi - no match this week
FlyingArrow - no match this week

Week 5 (January 30 - February 5)
Darth O (3, 150, OR) vs urbanshmi (0,36, Mando)
DarkDrakul (0, 24, Empire) vs Mando (2, 118, Separatist)
TimmerB123 (3, 150, Vong) vs thereisnotry (0, 52, Republic)
FlyingArrow (3, 150, Sith) vs urbanjedi (1, 114, Fringe)

Week 6 (February 6-12)
Mando (1, 91, Mando) vs TimmerB123 (2, 100, Fringe)
thereisnotry (1, 108, NR) vs FlyingArrow (3, 150, OR)
urbanshmi (1, 89, NR) vs DarkDrakul (3, 150, Republic)
Darth O - no match this week
urbanjedi - no match this week

Week 7 (February 13-19)
FlyingArrow (1, 100, Sith) vs Mando (2, 145, Empire)
Darth O (3, 150, NR) vs DarkDrakul (0, 21, Vong)
thereisnotry (3, 150, OR) vs urbanjedi (1, 110, Rebel)
urbanshmi (0, 70, Rebel) vs TimmerB123 (3, 150, Republic)

Week 8 (February 20-26)
Darth O (1, 102, Republic) vs TimmerB123 (3, 150, Sith)
FlyingArrow (0, 0, -) vs urbanshmi (0, 0, -)
urbanjedi (0, 22, Vong) vs Mando (3, 150, Sith)
DarkDrakul - no match this week
thereisnotry - no match this week

Week 9 (February 27 - March 5...played during week 8)
Mando (3, 150, Vong) vs thereisnotry (0, 18, Vong)

Playoffs: Top 4 Cut
Semi-Final (February 27 - March 5)
1st (TimmerB123 (0, 45, Mando) vs 4th (Darth O (3, 150, Vong))
2nd (Mando (0, 51, Rebel)) vs 3rd (FlyingArrow (3, 150, OR))

Final (March 6-12)
FlyingArrow (3, 150, Mando) vs Darth O (1, 125, Mando)

Congrats to FlyingArrow, our N/U Wars Champion!

Faction Usage Breakdown:
OR 9
Sith 10
Republic 4
Separatist 3
Rebel 5
Empire 4
NR 3
Vong 10
Mando 9
Fringe 3
thereisnotry
Posted: Saturday, January 2, 2021 9:15:22 AM

Begun, the Non-Unique Wars have....

Please report your results in this thread.
For your convenience, I've copied the instructions for reporting from the main post above:

Match Reporting
The winning player reports the match, in this thread. Please include the following information:
--The map that you played on, along with a brief summary of the action. Be sure to list any MVPs or epic plays. (Don’t forget to blame the Vassal dice!)
TimmerB123
Posted: Saturday, January 2, 2021 1:43:18 PM

thereisnotry wrote:
Banned Characters
Due to this being an irregular format, we may need to ban certain pieces. Any pieces that we do ban for this league will be listed here:
--Squads may not contain more than 1 character whose name contains "BX". (So no BX Spotter & Sniper spamming combos...that would be a massive NPE for this format.)

Just confirming this is the only ban (there were others talked about)

Also - is that no more than one each, or just one period?
adamb0nd
Posted: Saturday, January 2, 2021 1:54:12 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

adamb0nd vs thereisnotry, (rebel vs new republic)
Week 1
http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/221775/hold-the-dor
vs
http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/221548/nu--galactic-alliance

Star port terminal

I managed to win 150 - 116

I was concerned flak shields would shut down my base 10 kel dors. But I had enough acts that most my shots this game were with deceptive. Plus, my strategy was to get adjacent asap, which negated evade and shields and set me up for sd40. I managed to come in aggressive and hold gambit round 2 while tint was mostly forced to hold his side of the map more defensively to keep away from the explosive dors. A few key twin attacks rolled low for tint, and a few key AOOs landed for me, tipping the game ultimately in my favor.

MVP: probably my chiss commander, who we remembered his CE the entire game, but forgot he was hidden on my side of the map and he never activated again after round 1.
urbanjedi
Posted: Saturday, January 2, 2021 3:15:59 PM

thereisnotry wrote:

Match Reporting

match week #1
urban jedi (3,150,imperials) winning player
urban shmi (1,92,OR) other player

Played on ravaged base
My MVP was Laura's vassal dice. Mirilan didn't roll higher than 6 (needing 7s) the whole game including failing all makashi saves as well. Otherwise the witches threw some lightning, got shot up and it could have gone either way if the mirilan hadn't kept dropping her lightsaber. Also her padawan on swoop missed 3/4 attacks on a very nice sweep.

My squad (5x nightsister witch, 3x bothan sab, vet uggie, elite scout, first order riot trooper)

thereisnotry
Posted: Saturday, January 2, 2021 3:20:43 PM

TimmerB123 wrote:
thereisnotry wrote:
Banned Characters

Just confirming this is the only ban (there were others talked about)

Also - is that no more than one each, or just one period?
This is the only ban. If you follow the discussion on the other thread, the Ithorian Commander and Talz Chieftain weren't deemed to be significant enough to ban at this point. If something emerges as OP (the way that the BX droids would've been) then we can certainly make bans mid-season if necessary.

And no more than 1 single BX droid (of any type) may be in any squad. So you can have either a Spotter or a Sniper or an Infiltrator, but not one of each.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Sunday, January 3, 2021 10:22:27 AM

8pt character for 8pt gambit, correct?
adamb0nd
Posted: Sunday, January 3, 2021 11:05:37 AM

FlyingArrow wrote:

That's how tint and I played it.
TimmerB123
Posted: Sunday, January 3, 2021 2:26:19 PM

Bryan and I are scheduled for Wed evening
thereisnotry
Posted: Sunday, January 3, 2021 6:47:38 PM

FlyingArrow wrote:
Correct.
thereisnotry wrote:
--150 pt squads. Gambit is 8pts per round and can only be scored by a character costing 8pts or more.
TimmerB123
Posted: Wednesday, January 6, 2021 8:46:39 PM

Bryan and I played tonight. Imps over OR 110-73

Week 1

Winning Player: TimmerB123 2pts, 110, Imperials

Losing Player: DarkDracul 0pts, 73, Old Republic

Played on Throne Room (my map)

I played:

--SNOWTROOPERS MADNESS!!!--
14 Snowtrooper Commander
13 Czerka Scientist
12 Snowtrooper Officer
11 Human Bodyguard
8 Bothan Saboteur
8 R7 Astromech Droid
78 Snowtrooper x13
6 Mouse Droid x2

(150pts. 21 activations)

Bryan played:

--Old Republic Miniverse--
20 Antarian Ranger Captain
19 Covenant Executor
14 Tactical Officer (-5 rapport)
18 Antarian Ranger Lieutenant
18 Antarian Ranger Tactical Soldier
17 Covenant Consular
44 Antarian Ranger x4

(150pts. 10 activations)

I started left. We both rushed the center. Lots of shots, LOTS of misses. I had to get in close to shoot his rangers (stealth), and I was very scared of his Jedi with sweep. I was able to get a line on the executor and almost took him out, leaving him with 10 due to a few misses. Then he brings in guys to cover him. He takes out a few snowies, I put some damage on a ranger, he kills a few more snowies. I protect my czerka well, but struggle to keep everyone within 6 of a mouse. The commanders are not safe due to all the rangers having snipers. We both keep plugging away, He gets one sweep in with the executor which I soak up with the bodyguard, and then 9 shots later I finally hit him to get his last 10hps. Meanwhile Bryan is missing left and right as well, even with synergy and no cover due to sniper. I whittle down a few of his rangers, he has me quite low on snowies. I get a nifty little proximity mines with my bothan, but Bryan moves all the other guys the next round before activating the target, and his 20hp left target makes the save. I throw another one next round, and when he eventually activates he makes every save (though the 1 adjacent Antarian with 10hp left dies because he was already activated. It's commander time - he comes in with his, I get a few shots with mine. I take out his Antarian Lt, and eventually his captain. He's left with the Tactical Officer, ARTS, and 1 ranger with 10hp. I'm left with 3 snowies, my 2 commanders, a czerka, a couple of mice and the bothan when time runs out. Very bad dice are to blame for the game going to time. The difference was I had every round in gambit (thanks to the bothan), but Bryan only scored that in the last round.

Note to players - Not nearly as good without Daala (obviously). Also - Bloomilk squad builder still gives snowies -2 rapport, instead of the errata'd -1 rapport. So I had 13 extra points on the board at first. Luckily I realized very early on, and adjusted before it really mattered at all. Since I don't play Daala or Snowtroopers I had no idea that squad builder had it wrong. Heads up to anyone who may not know
FlyingArrow
Posted: Friday, January 8, 2021 7:40:28 AM

Darth O and I are scheduled for 9pm EST. 3pm Saturday his time.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Friday, January 8, 2021 7:19:23 PM

FlyingArrow over Darth O on Outlaw City - FLyingArrow on right.

Darth O's squad:
http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/221740/tech-decks
--Tech Decks--
90 SpecForce Infiltrator x6
15 SpecForce Technician
42 Wookiee Freedom Fighter x3
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist

(150pts. 11 activations)
Map: Outlaw City

FlyingArrow:
http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/221882/demo-pilots
--Demo Pilots--
57 Gold Squadron Ace x3
19 Rebel Commander
18 Klatooinian Captain
26 Rebel Soldier x2
8 R7 Astromech Droid
10 Tantive IV Trooper x2
6 Rodian Brute x2
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2

(150pts. 14 activations)
Map: Bothan Spynet

I pretty much had a hate squad for Darth O's squad. The Gold Squadron Aces get to run 16 and attack 3 enemies for 30dmg each ignoring cover, even without the squad boosts. The Infiltrators are Cloaked and 30dmg. Perfect match to be killed by an Ace. Darth O got a great line of sight and defeated one of my aces early, and then I lost another one trying to run deep (no squad bonus) and take out the Technician. He missed the Tech but did take out 2 Infiltrators. He was then quickly killed. The 3rd Gold Squadron Ace one made up for the other 2, though. He got off two good Pinpoint Attacks, both with Squad Firepower active. I had my fodder stacked in front of the Ace, and the R7 locked out the Tech (hiding in the graffiti'ed stairwell) for the last round. The Klat Captain took out the Infiltrator as he tried to run around the long way. One Infiltrator survived as the game ended - I had 2 rounds of gambit.

Basically all of the combat except my first dead Ace took place down in the Audience Chamber. I don't see a lot of combat down that way, so that was a fun change of pace.

151-59
3-0

thereisnotry
Posted: Saturday, January 9, 2021 2:34:12 PM

Week 2 Pairings are posted.

Please contact your opponent asap to get things rolling.

Reminder: you need to ensure that you play a different faction this week than you did last week. When you and your opponent reveal your squads to each other, you should each quickly check to see what faction he/she played the week before this.

** For clarification, having a Bye counts as not playing any faction, so you could conceivably play Rebels in one week, have a Bye in the next week, and then play Rebels again in the next week if you wanted to.
thereisnotry
Posted: Saturday, January 9, 2021 5:20:46 PM

thereisnotry (3, 150, Separatists) defeats urbanshmi (0, 45, Vong) on Outlaw City

thereisnotry:
MUUN, that spells Slave
19 BX Commando Droid Spotter
30 Muun Guard Colonel x2
13 Czerka Scientist
13 Techno Union Combat Engineer
12 Rodian Assassin
9 Battle Droid Officer
45 Muun Guard x9
9 Ugnaught Demolitionist x3
(150pts. 19 activations)

urbanshmi:
Squad 2 for Trevor's Tourney
20 Yun-Shuno Priestess
15 Yammosk War Coordinator
28 Yorik-et Pilot x2
36 Shamed Pilot x3
44 Shamed Warrior x4
7 Shamed Intendant
(150pts. 12 activations)

Laura won the map and chose Outlaw City. I set up on the left. We both advanced toward the top ("Lounge") in the north end of the gambit zone. Thud Bugs vs a swarm of 10hp living characters...gulp! Furthermore, it seemed like my BX Spotter would be wasted since Laura had no shooters for him to taunt. However, at the start of Round 2 I remembered that Thud Bugs bounce harmlessly off of my 50hp Spotter, so I left him up front to force Laura to charge up. Laura's first attack on my Spotter was effective (leaving it at 20hp) but then her attack dice weren't kind...she missed 2 or 3 attacks in a row where she could've killed my Spotter. Meanwhile, I was able to snipe both Yorik-Et Pilots (who gave out Dovin Basal to everyone), which meant that I was able to start making meaningful attacks without needing to roll those dumb Save 16s first. Once the Yorik-Ets went down, I was mostly fine, even though my Spotter went down soon after that.

My MVP was certainly my Spotter...if not for him, Laura would've been able to easily whittle my swarm down to a few people with all of those Thud Bugs.

As always, it was a good time playing with you, Laura!
urbanjedi
Posted: Tuesday, January 12, 2021 5:24:05 PM

urbanjedi (3, 150, Sith) defeats Darth O (0, 48, seps) on Rhen Var

jedi played
http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/221924/sith-150-nonu

darth o played
http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/221861/are-you-thinking-what-im-thinking-b1-

I won map roll, and Darth O took the right. It was a bad match from the start, but he had superb positioning at the end of rd 1, leaving my only good landing spots at the top of rd 2 exactly 23 squares away (1 more than I Could batter). As he moved some of the characters closer in towards gambit, it left couple of nice landing spots and I sent in the cavalry smashing up 5 B2 on the way. He took to firing back and took down one of the riders in the sky. The rest of the round was mostly positioning. Next round, I had a really nice batter and squashed the bug, the BG, and the SBD Commander. He fired on vainly but the rider knew just enough maneuvers listing lazily to the left to avoid being shot down. The rest of my squad advanced. I then won the next init and took out some more B2s and the rider finally went down. By that time the rest of my squad had joined the mop up party.

Mando
Posted: Wednesday, January 13, 2021 6:46:56 PM

Mando defeats adambond on Throne room. Final score was 150-8. 3pt win for Mando, 0pts for Adambond.

squads used were:

adambonds team-

www.bloomilk.com/Squad/221837/captain-jerk-and-mr--shock

Mando's team-

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/221848/glitter-vong

I won map roll and we set up on throne room. The game was a bloodbath. I hopped up one of my Hunters with glitterstim and he got scarification right away to set up an amazing galloping attack that took out a majority of adam's squad in round 2. It was a very quick game and my Glittery Vong were attacking at +17 attack for 30 dmg potentially with scarifcation and cunning attack. kinda felt reminicent of the vader scene from rogue one with my vong plowing through the hallway filled with shock troopers......it was very effective.
adamb0nd
Posted: Wednesday, January 13, 2021 7:57:59 PM

It was a slaughter. The Quednak + Glitter + Shaper is a brilliant combo.
DarkDracul
Posted: Wednesday, January 13, 2021 8:41:37 PM

Darkdracul 3pts (160) over Flyingarrow 0pts (67) on Starport Terminal

Darkdracul’s: Miniverse Sith Order
v.s.
FlyingArrow’s Rally Mine Scouts 150

Bad matchup for TJ's mandos, I won map (Starport Terminal), won most of the key inits, and hit almost all my attacks. There was not much TJ could do to stop the brutality of the Uvaks.