TimmerB123
Posted: Wednesday, January 13, 2021 9:19:25 PM
Groups: Member

DarkDracul wrote:
Darkdracul 3pts (160) over Flyingarrow 0pts (67) on Starport Terminal

Darkdracul’s: Miniverse Sith Order
v.s.
FlyingArrow’s Rally Mine Scouts 150

Bad matchup for TJ's mandos, I won map (Starport Terminal), won most of the key inits, and hit almost all my attacks. There was not much TJ could do to stop the brutality of the Uvaks.

Both links lead to TJ's squad
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Thursday, January 14, 2021 6:37:50 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

adamb0nd wrote:
It was a slaughter. The Quednak + Glitter + Shaper is a brilliant combo.

Shaper? (or Priest?)
Mando
Posted: Thursday, January 14, 2021 8:19:03 AM

imyurhukaberry wrote:
adamb0nd wrote:

Shaper? (or Priest?)

it was the priest. he got them mixed up. shaper costs to much for this format
thereisnotry
Posted: Thursday, January 14, 2021 8:40:18 AM

Week 3 Pairings are posted.

Wow, everybody finished this week two entire days early! That buys us some more time for the next round. I've updated the standings and posted the pairings for Week 3.

Clarification: The deadline for this week is still midnight on Friday, January 22. But if you wish, you can contact your next opponent already now. If we finish early again after that, then we can start Week 4 early as well, and so on.

Have fun!

adamb0nd
Posted: Thursday, January 14, 2021 2:44:33 PM

imyurhukaberry wrote:
adamb0nd wrote:

Shaper? (or Priest?)

Mixed it up, -Priest. The auto damage gives the quednaks scarification and extra gallop attack movement
FlyingArrow
Posted: Friday, January 15, 2021 8:16:12 PM

FlyingArrow over TimmerB123. 155-31 (3-0)

FlyingArrow (Sith): http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/222036/in-before-the-ban
TimmerB123 (Mando): http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/221780/nu-death-watch
Map: Starport Terminal

Bad matchup plus bad rolls. A Death Watch Raider switched sides. He had at least 3 shots miss by exactly one. And almost the whole squad is 40hp or lower, so the Uvaks had a good matchup.
TimmerB123
Posted: Saturday, January 16, 2021 6:57:34 AM

FlyingArrow wrote:
FlyingArrow over TimmerB123. 155-31 (3-0)

FlyingArrow (Sith): http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/222036/in-before-the-ban
TimmerB123 (Mando): http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/221780/nu-death-watch
Map: Starport Terminal

Bad matchup plus bad rolls. A Death Watch Raider switched sides. He had at least 3 shots miss by exactly one. And almost the whole squad is 40hp or lower, so the Uvaks had a good matchup.

It was brutal. I also rolled at least 3 additional 1s on attacks not even counting my Raider's internal strife
Mando
Posted: Monday, January 18, 2021 7:07:31 PM

Mando vs Urbanshmi, Mando wins 132-30. 3pt win for Mando, 0 pt loss for Urbanshmi. I got the full clear and the reason i didn't get the full 150pts was because i had the mando conscriptor and i made two of Laura's wampa's into Mandalorian pet wampas. Our squads were as follows:

Mando's squad:
http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/221534/mandos-mandos

Urbanshmi's squad:
http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/221897/squad-9-for-trevors-tourney

I won map roll and chose Ravaged Base. The map wasn't favorable to Laura's all melee squad and that wall of fur coming towards my mando's got shot up a lot. I did "convince" some of Laura's wampas to join my side but one of them got torn apart by one of Laura's other wampas. Lot's of blaster fire and my Mandalorian Combat Engineer was a huge help on the map to combat against all the difficult terrain and the mines 20 it had build in made the middle hallway difficult to avoid getting adjacent to him. fun game, just a bit of a miss-match.
thereisnotry
Posted: Thursday, January 21, 2021 10:15:13 PM

Given how dominant the Sith Ranger on Uvak is, I think we're going to have to ban that piece for this league. By "ban" we could make that mean a number of things:

1. Ban it outright. Never, ever use Uvaks again in this league. This makes the most sense to me but I'm open to input.
2. Restrict Sith squads to a max of 1 Uvak (similar to how Sep squads can have a max of 1 droid with "BX" in the name)
3. Some other creative solution that I haven't come up with yet, but which someone else might have.

Now, according to my records there are currently 4 of us who have not yet played a Sith squad (and all of the Sith squads so far have used at least 1 Uvak). Therefore, I think it's only fair that the ban (whatever it ends up being) will only go into effect starting on Week 5. That gives a week for the currently-Uvak-deprived among us to get a shot at complete domination. And nobody is allowed to use Uvaks for a 2nd time (since there were 2 of us who used Uvaks last week).

How does that sound?

Part of my dilemma here is that it's awkward making bans mid-league since it's not fair if some players have been able to use the overpowered piece but others haven't. (FWIW, I lost my game using Uvaks, but that's because my opponent had more Uvaks than I did.)

I'd like to hear your feedback, if you have any. Regardless, we should all plan on NOT using Uvaks again in this league, after the end of Week 4.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, January 21, 2021 11:00:18 PM

It's a bit tricky. Maybe someone was saving their Uvak for later. Now if they have to use it right away their opponent can hate build hate for it. On the other hand, others may have saved their use of the Uvak if they had known they only had one shot at it. It's dominating, but no one has tried to build Uvak hate yet. Maybe an interesting meta game will develop. Or maybe they are unbeatable.

At this point it's a big advantage to know you have uvaks coming at you, (maybe -- if there even is an effective hate squad). Also an advantage to know you don't have to worry about them.

I'd say
* You can't use a faction more than twice
* No Uvaks for the playoffs

Uvaks would still be huge all season, but nobody is penalized for either playing them early or for trying to save them for later. And by limiting them to twice per player they wouldn't show up in basically every skirmish.

Your call, though.
Darth O
Posted: Friday, January 22, 2021 3:22:02 AM

My play report is roughly 12 hours away for my game with TINT. I won the all-Sith matchup on Starport Terminal 3-1 with a 150-132 score. It was an exciting match so I want to give it justice when I get the time.
TimmerB123
Posted: Friday, January 22, 2021 8:15:17 AM

My suggestion is that anyone who has played Uvaks my not play them again. Anyone who has not may play them once, and only once (but as many in one game as they like). This makes it even for everyone without forcing those who haven’t played it into playing it now or never. It would be very unfair to not let them play it at all after others have.
DarkDracul
Posted: Friday, January 22, 2021 2:08:13 PM

TimmerB123 wrote:
My suggestion is that anyone who has played Uvaks my not play them again. Anyone who has not may play them once, and only once (but as many in one game as they like). This makes it even for everyone without forcing those who haven’t played it into playing it now or never. It would be very unfair to not let them play it at all after others have.
^This but then limit Skyborn Ranger on Uvak to 1 character during playoff rounds.
Also, whoever designed that Ukak is a total madman!
UrbanShmi
Posted: Friday, January 22, 2021 2:37:51 PM

DarkDracul wrote:
TimmerB123 wrote:
^This but then limit Skyborn Ranger on Uvak to 1 character during playoff rounds.

Needs to go to the Balance Committee, amirite?
TimmerB123
Posted: Friday, January 22, 2021 3:11:03 PM

During playoffs either ban altogether or allow only 1.
DarkDracul
Posted: Friday, January 22, 2021 5:47:00 PM

UrbanShmi wrote:
DarkDracul wrote:
TimmerB123 wrote:

Needs to go to the Balance Committee, amirite?

About time my designs got the recognition they deserve.

Sung to Ride Of The Valkyries: Ban the Uvak, Ban the Uvak, Ban the Uvak, the Uvak is Banned!
Darth O
Posted: Friday, January 22, 2021 7:16:29 PM

Week #3: I won the all-Sith matchup with Thereisnotry 3-1 with a 150-135 score.

TINT's squad: http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/221805/nu-uvak-uums
Mine: http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/221945/batter-up

This was a bloodbath with 9 Uvaks on Starport Terminal. I had a big play report typed up but it didn't save sadly. Here's a less well-written, more play-by-play version:

Round 1: I grab gambit and do 40 damage to a Sniper. Darth O leads 8-0. More importantly 6 Uvaks to 3.

Round 2: I win init. My Uvak misses twice, needing 6's on the 10HP Sniper. The Sniper misses on that Uvak, needing 8. a TINT Uvak kills my Temple Guard and puts 40 on 2 of my Uvaks after I forget to use Bodyguard. One of my 20HP Uvaks flies over everyone to kill the XT, hit a Sniper and Infiltrator for 40 and miss his attack and reroll on an Uvak, needing 6's. I use another Uvak to hit the Uvak that was on my side of the centre for 40. The Witch finishes off a 20HP Uvak with Lightning. A TINT Uvak puts 40 on two Darth O Uvaks. One of my Uvaks misses his attack and reroll on that Uvak. A Sniper finishes that Uvak off. A TINT Uvak does the same on another 20HP Uvak. A Darth O Uvak finishes off that Uvak, and another one puts 40 on a TINT Uvak. A Sniper misses a shot on an Uvak. We both get gambit, so TINT leads 76-39. I'm leading the Uvak count at 3-2.

Round 3: I win init and finish off an Uvak with an Uvak. TINT's last Uvak puts 40 on two Darth O Uvaks. In a pivotal moment of the game, two snipers combine fire in an attempt to finish off an Uvak needing a 4, but they miss. Two of my Uvaks bring down TINT's last Uvak. A Sniper finishes off an Uvak. An Infiltrator misses an Uvak and then dies to an Ugnaught. We both grab gambit, so TINT leads 104-100. I now have 2 Uvaks to 0, both on 20HP.

Round 4: I win my 3rd init in a row. I spend a force point to move an Uvak up to a good Painful Screech spot, which kills an Ugnaught, Caamasi and Sniper and brings another Sniper to 40HP. TINT kills my penultimate Uvak and Ugnaught. My last Uvak kills a Sniper to bring the score to 144-127. Gambit brings the game to an end at 152-135.

We decided to see what would have happened if the game hadn't ended at 150 pts, as TINT still had a Witch and a Sniper against my Uvak, Uggie and R7's, and we had 20 minutes left. He won init and killed the Uvak and Uggie, so if the game hadn't ended TINT would have won.

The main deciders in this match were TINT's missed combined fire shot needing a 4, and my 3 init wins in a row. That being said, I missed 6 attacks needing 6's in the 2nd round, so overall the rolls were about even.
Darth O
Posted: Friday, January 22, 2021 7:21:19 PM

TimmerB123 wrote:

I agree with this. I won my game with 6 Uvaks, so it would be unfair if everyone else is limited to 1. Question is, do we allow people to waint until the playoffs to use them with no restrictions? I'm leaning towards allowing them in playoffs if you haven't used them yet, as your opponent can build against them if they see that you haven't used them yet.
Mando
Posted: Friday, January 22, 2021 7:57:46 PM

i had thought that Uvaks might be a problem, but is mostly because the counters aren't as well known. There are definetely counters and even some fringe ones, so i think once people realize that maybe some of these should be included in a squad design just in case might be how it play out. i know in a number of my squads i designed it with uvaks as a concern. Mando's have an excellent counter btw for just 5pts.....same with Vong.
DarkDracul
Posted: Friday, January 22, 2021 10:03:46 PM

Week 3.

Darkdracul 3pts (155) over UrbanJedi 1pts (104) on Rhen Var

Darkdracul’s: Yong Miniverse
v.s.
UrbanJedi’s: Mandos 150 non u
I won map, I won key inits, my rolls were garbage but I made some good moves with Rolling Cleave.
It really came down to a few important inits. Could have gone either way. gg UrbanJedi.