RegisterDonateLogin

Always shoots first.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

N/U Wars Vassal League! Options
TimmerB123
Posted: Saturday, March 6, 2021 6:55:23 AM
Groups: Member

Darth O wrote:

The odds were stacked in my favour from the beginning, as we realised before we started that the Caamasis meant that the Death Watch characters couldn't gain twin from the Strike Leaders.

boneheaded move for the ages! I hastily slapped a few Caamasis in my squad thinking I needed something to stop the Quedneks that someone was sure to play. I was RIGHT about the Quednek! I totally spaced that it made me lose twin. Scared

Regardless O played masterfully and deserves to be in the finals. Best of luck gents!
thereisnotry
Posted: Saturday, March 6, 2021 7:00:55 AM

Final (March 6-12)
Darth O vs FlyingArrow

If you guys want to have it covered via the SHNN, then please try to set and announce the date and time as soon as you can. Thanks, guys, and may the Force be with you!
FlyingArrow
Posted: Friday, March 12, 2021 9:51:54 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

FlyingArrow (Bespins) over Darth O (Kel Dor)

--Bespin Troopers--
16 Chiss Captain
16 Talz Chieftain
14 Mandalorian Sergeant
13 Bespin Guard Captain
11 Mandalorian Scientist
35 Bespin Security Guard x5
21 Ewok Hang Glider x3
15 Killik Drone x3
9 Rodian Brute x3

(150pts. 19 activations)
http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/223744/bespin-troopers
Map: Outlaw City

--Kellous--
16 Chiss Captain
16 Mandalorian Gunsmith
104 Kel Dor Bounty Hunter x8
11 Mandalorian Scientist
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist

(150pts. 12 activations)
http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/223664/kellous
Map: Cantina

Played on Cantina

Bespins on left. Kel Dors on right.

Bespin squad runs into the bar area. Kel Dors come along the top and pick off several of the 10hp pieces. Bespins scramble into the Gambler's Den. A couple of Kel Dors come through the bottom bar door to base some of the Bespin squad. Ewoks are able to fly away (no aoo) to mitigate the damage, but Kel Dors take out some more 10hp guys that way. Gunsmith and Chiss shoot through that bar door to also take out some 10hp guys, but Bespins are able to shoot back and take out both of them (though not in the same round). Eventually, the remaining members of the Bespin squad get into the Gambler's Den and let the door shut behind them. They have a points lead at the time, so Kel Dors are forced to come open the door. But most of them are way at the top of the map so it takes a while. One Kel Dor opens the door so another can shoot, but then the door opener dies without doing any damage. Second time they open the door, they are able to rush in and base people.
But the commanders (higher hp) are in front - the Kel Dors need to explode. Final round, the Kel Dors rush in and base the Bespin commanders but can't finish them off with just shooting, and Bespins have the lead. After Kel Dors are out of activations, the game is decided, but a Bespin takes a final shot at a Kel Dor causing a huge explosion: that Kel Dor and 2 adjacent Kel Dors all die along with 3 enemy commanders that they are basing: Mando Sergeant, Talz, and Bespin Captain.

At the end of the game, one Kel Dor remains (never got into the Gambler's Den) along with the ugnaught on that side.
On the Bespin side, 2 Bespins, the Chiss Captain (10hp), 2 Ewok Hang Gliders, and 1 Killik remain.

Final Score: 176-125
thereisnotry
Posted: Saturday, March 13, 2021 2:36:06 PM

Wow, that sounds like a heck of a match. Congrats to both of you, and especially to TJ for being our Champion!

Thanks, everyone, for playing in this! I think it was a success. Perhaps we'll do something similar next year....
FlyingArrow
Posted: Saturday, March 13, 2021 2:41:25 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Thanks, tint! This was a great format.

When his Stealth shooters were picking off my 10hp guys from the top, I thought he was just going to pick me apart and didn't think I had any chance. But getting to the Gambler's Den was key, especially because I was ahead on points. I don't think I was ahead on the board at the time, because he was taking out my boosted 10hp guys, who were my main offense. But because I was ahead on points I was able to let the door close and force him to open the door. Since I had taken out his Override, that meant he had to put someone close enough that I could shoot back.
Darth O
Posted: Sunday, March 14, 2021 12:53:33 AM

TJ played the final really well in the end. Thanks for running such a great event, TINT!