RegisterDonateLogin

Is going down a path you can follow.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Oh, Bless Yer Heart! Options
DarthJak
Posted: Saturday, September 26, 2009 3:14:36 PM
Groups: Member

Have you ever made a complete bone head mistakeBlushing playing SWMs that cost you the game? Let's hear about it!

I'll go first. ast year, at the KOTAR sealed tourney at GenCon, I failed to notice that the Geno. Assassins were not melee, and could attack from a distance.Blast it!Cursing I lost.
I spent the game trying to get them into position to attack.(oh bless my heart)I think I was confusedConfused by the sculpt.
swsf17
Posted: Saturday, September 26, 2009 3:23:10 PM

I lost the first round of the jedi academy release tournanment. I had GML and a youngling. I lost because i forgot about DSM. Needless to say i would have won if i had known.Crying
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Saturday, September 26, 2009 3:25:12 PM

DarthJak wrote:
Have you ever made a complete bone head mistakeBlushing playing SWMs that cost you the game? Let's hear about it!

I'll go first. ast year, at the KOTAR sealed tourney at GenCon, I failed to notice that the Geno. Assassins were not melee, and could attack from a distance.Blast it!Cursing I lost.
I spent the game trying to get them into position to attack.(oh bless my heart)I think I was confusedConfused by the sculpt.

LMAO!! thats Great!!

when i first started playing, my buddy used to cheat (stacking battle droid officer control fire 4 times!!).
droids were hitting me at +22! my Vader was smoked by the second Inish.
O BLESS MY HEART FOR NOT READING THE RULES!!

second time i nerfed the big one, i was playing with exar Kun and ALL Rakghouls....
O BLESS MY HEART, THAT WAS DUMB!!...i got slaughtered.
You would think that i wouldnt run that squad again.....but BLESS MY HEART.....i did it again.
luke hates thrawn
Posted: Saturday, September 26, 2009 5:32:36 PM

I Forgot to count my gambit at the JA release tourny at gen-con I went 3-0 other wise
SithflyonBasilisks
Posted: Saturday, September 26, 2009 5:37:15 PM

Yeah I know that feeling. I had the "same friend" use K-3P0 on swap out R2-D2 out. He then used over-ride, locked almost my entire squad in a room, and keep me there for 3 inits. I was so mad.

Another time I ran BFBH, rolled a natural 20 on General Wedge Antilles, and he was claiming that you can evade denigrations, what a cheater... every since then, when ever I play him I have my trust rule book sitting next to me, and my laptop ready just in case he tries to pull that crap again...
Eroschilles
Posted: Saturday, September 26, 2009 6:24:12 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

SithflyonBasilisks wrote:
Yeah I know that feeling. I had the "same friend" use K-3P0 on swap out R2-D2 out. He then used over-ride, locked almost my entire squad in a room, and keep me there for 3 inits. I was so mad.

Another time I ran BFBH, rolled a natural 20 on General Wedge Antilles, and he was claiming that you can evade denigrations, what a cheater... every since then, when ever I play him I have my trust rule book sitting next to me, and my laptop ready just in case he tries to pull that crap again...

Yeah, you can't evade disintergrations, but you can avoid defeat them BigGrin
SithflyonBasilisks
Posted: Saturday, September 26, 2009 6:32:02 PM

yeah, just hope they miss one of those save 11's...Tongue
swinefeld
Posted: Sunday, September 27, 2009 1:13:13 AM

One time we were playing on tiles. I was playing Loda, Han Smuggler, Bothan Noble etc.

Other guy was running NR, including Jacen Solo, and Lobot. He brings in the MTB and a Human Force Adept. MTB sacs the Adept, so Jacen can now unleash. Unsure

I tried to kill Jacen, but failed. All fine and good, since I've got Loda, right? Wrong! Somewhere along the way I was napping and spent 1 FP more than I should have. (Remember, we're playing on tiles, so we're all bunched up). Yep, here comes Jacen, unleashing and hitting almost every character on my squad, killing most of them. I can't cancel it, I only have 2 FP's. RollEyes

I don't think I've ever beat the other guy in a match, but that one I pretty much gave to him Angry

DarthJak
Posted: Sunday, September 27, 2009 2:16:14 AM

swinefeld wrote:

I don't think I've ever beat the other guy in a match, but that one I pretty much gave to him Angry

Oh, bless yer heartSad
ArtemisCFrog43
Posted: Sunday, September 27, 2009 2:26:05 AM

No, I never make mistakesCool

I love this game and the stories that come out of it.

I played against a 9 year kid once. (I used to teach kids on Saturday mornings at a store in Illinois) His "friends" had given him some minis to try to get him into the game. He showed up to learn with an ATST, some low level fringe, a clone trooper and a couple rebel pilots. Turns out his friends had been lying to him so they could beat him. They never taught him about squad building. They also told him that Missles can go around corners (they had the Missles.) I straightend him out and gave him a couple minis to build a good squad with what he had and he started beating them.
swinefeld
Posted: Sunday, September 27, 2009 2:36:45 AM

ArtemisCFrog43 wrote:

I played against a 9 year kid once. (I used to teach kids on Saturday mornings at a store in Illinois) His "friends" had given him some minis to try to get him into the game. He showed up to learn with an ATST, some low level fringe, a clone trooper and a couple rebel pilots. Turns out his friends had been lying to him so they could beat him. They never taught him about squad building. They also told him that Missles can go around corners (they had the Missles.) I straightend him out and gave him a couple minis to build a good squad with what he had and he started beating them.

Good story. I bet by now, the kid is a force to be reckoned with! I never cease to be amazed at how good the youngsters can be, even with fairly simple squads, once they know the rules well enough. :)
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Sunday, September 27, 2009 5:52:01 AM

ArtemisCFrog43 wrote:

ya know what, thats exactly how i learned.
i got tired of getting my teeth kicked by Droids. i knew something smelled fishy, and i took the initiative with the rules.
Thats cool that you did that Artie, very commendable.
But never making a mistake?......Confused
come on man, ya gotta have something you screwed the pooch on.......
Weeks
Posted: Sunday, September 27, 2009 6:08:06 AM

the first tourney i was in was a 400 point faction based tourney that was epic. i had a chemeleon droid and forgot i had wall climber i was shooting at clones with shields two all day when i could of crawled right over them to kill the guy that gives them shields. I do almost pull that one out........Stupid yoda and his rerolling saves
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Sunday, September 27, 2009 6:15:41 AM

Weeks wrote:
the first tourney i was in was a 400 point faction based tourney that was epic. i had a chemeleon droid and forgot i had wall climber i was shooting at clones with shields two all day when i could of crawled right over them to kill the guy that gives them shields. I do almost pull that one out........Stupid yoda and his rerolling saves

LolLOL
is that the Same chameleon you traded me? I hope its not cursed!!LOL
Volvagia14
Posted: Sunday, September 27, 2009 6:25:22 AM

I played a game soon after JA, playing a DWSwapping squad with Corobb.
I set him up to be towed by R2 and repulse my opponents han GH leia Skywalker and anakin solo. Han would have died, anakin would have died, and leia would have died.

the mistake? moving adjacent to leia and repulsing.
forgot all about absorb. lost soon after :(
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Sunday, September 27, 2009 6:35:41 AM

that would be pretty easy to miss too, considering that most people only use her for her CE.
now i have to remember that same thing can happen to me.
Volvagia14
Posted: Sunday, September 27, 2009 8:55:31 AM

the funny(or stupid?) thing is: that wasn't the last time I forgot about it. Just other times havn't been as bad.
Durge Dude
Posted: Sunday, September 27, 2009 12:16:16 PM

I ran a squad with Rex Aylaa and several normal clones with Double greater mobile, I was playing a friend that isn't very good, bless his heart, and he used the Commando Super Stealth squad with the training Sarg. He made the mistake of placing the Sarg out in the open, I couldnt resist, moved Rex out and blew him to bits, in my glory and his awe/anger I forgot to move Rex back!Sneaky He quickly moved out all he had and returned the favor blowing Rex to bits by the first activation of the next round (i lost inishCursing)
swmimperial130
Posted: Sunday, September 27, 2009 12:26:23 PM

Durge Dude wrote:
I ran a squad with Rex Aylaa and several normal clones with Double greater mobile, I was playing a friend that isn't very good, bless his heart, and he used the Commando Super Stealth squad with the training Sarg. He made the mistake of placing the Sarg out in the open, I couldnt resist, moved Rex out and blew him to bits, in my glory and his awe/anger I forgot to move Rex back!Sneaky He quickly moved out all he had and returned the favor blowing Rex to bits by the first activation of the next round (i lost inishCursing)

Was it garret?
Weeks
Posted: Sunday, September 27, 2009 2:55:07 PM

Mandalore Da Beast wrote:
Weeks wrote:

LolLOL
is that the Same chameleon you traded me? I hope its not cursed!!LOL

As a matter of fact it is it did end up killing gowk in that game though so he was worth his points. ThumpUp