Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Oh, Bless Yer Heart! Options
Uggie Demo
Posted: Friday, October 2, 2009 2:43:22 PM
Groups: Member

Volvagia14 wrote:
Uggie Demo wrote:
Volvagia14 wrote:
I played a game soon after JA, playing a DWSwapping squad with Corobb.
I set him up to be towed by R2 and repulse my opponents han GH leia Skywalker and anakin solo. Han would have died, anakin would have died, and leia would have died.

the mistake? moving adjacent to leia and repulsing.
forgot all about absorb. lost soon after :(

That was fun, I remember that.
I was starting the game and one of my friends cheated by taking an AoO every time I moved into a square he had LOS to, I was ticked when I figured out he was cheating.

that wasn't a game against you...Huh

then this has happened to you twice, because I clearly remember me and you playing that game. Flapper

I made this page 3!!! Woot Woot Woot
Volvagia14
Posted: Saturday, October 3, 2009 2:56:41 AM

I don't remember that...
RannKonnar
Posted: Sunday, October 4, 2009 4:23:59 AM

One time, I was playing my bro, and moved Candreous Ordo into line of sight of Dash Rendar, and he was blasted to death.

Its a tragedy.Sad
Uggie Demo
Posted: Sunday, October 4, 2009 1:38:07 PM

I cant remeber a time where I did something game changingly bad, I remember bad choices during games but it didn't really effect the outcome.
DarthReeves
Posted: Monday, October 5, 2009 11:49:50 AM

Kota was in the middle of my army, he was about to explode. He only had 10 points left. I shot with this character, missed, I shot with another one, missed, I shot with a third and missed, he exploded and won the game. Only then did I remember...combine fire.....I totally would have had him. I was so mad!
kalos
Posted: Monday, October 5, 2009 2:44:09 PM

In the championship game of our IE sealed box tournament I had a very good chance of winning. I needed to kill Kyp Durron, who was already gravely injured, to take a points lead. It was the final round. I had a bunch of little twinks, and I took about 5 shots with them before I realized that I had forgotten about combining fire! I think two hits would have killed him, but I missed every +crap shot and lost the game. My opponent looked at me like I was crazy.

Bless my Heart .
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Tuesday, October 6, 2009 12:38:20 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Not taking anything from Kalos (I missed that game since I was fighting hard with my basic troops; my pull was Crappio and Logray)...but along the lines of a Sealed tourney:

JA tourney. My pull was Sidious and K'kruhk. Not bad, I thought: swapping and 30 damage w/ Leap. Well...first game was against GMLS/Leia JK and it came down to an initiative. I lost it and lost the game. Second game was the kicker. Played against another worthy opponent and he had a lot of 20-30pt Jedi (easy to do in that set). Came down to the last round and I had Sidious based with his Jensaarai. He was down to 20hps, which means one hit without making his armor save or two hits period. My Sid was down to 20 or 30hps. I was ahead by points and SHOULD have just lightning'd him and swapped points and I probably would have won depending on what his one pusher could do (forget which character it was). I looked at the math and I had Triple attack, MOTF2 and LOTS of force points...so that means 5 chances to hit just twice...AND needing only 6+ to hit.

So I take the chance. First roll was like a 12 or something. He makes the save. 10hps to go. Next roll, a 4. Third attack, a 3. FPRR, a 4 again. FPRR for the win, a 1.

Lost the game right there.

Advice: Always, ALWAYS go with direct, for sure, damage over multiple attacks. A guaranteed result is much better than one derived from luck.

(ps...third game was against the other GMLS/Leia JK squad and it was much uglier that the first. Probably because by then I went for fun rather than winning, but still...)
swinefeld
Posted: Tuesday, October 6, 2009 2:33:56 AM

kalos wrote:
In the championship game of our IE sealed box tournament I had a very good chance of winning. I needed to kill Kyp Durron, who was already gravely injured, to take a points lead. It was the final round. I had a bunch of little twinks, and I took about 5 shots with them before I realized that I had forgotten about combining fire! I think two hits would have killed him, but I missed every +crap shot and lost the game. My opponent looked at me like I was crazy.

Bless my Heart .

I've have made that type of mistake on more than one occasion Cursing
juice man
Posted: Tuesday, October 6, 2009 3:24:02 AM

DarthJak is the only one I know who ALWAYS thinks of combined fire.
swinefeld
Posted: Tuesday, October 6, 2009 3:47:02 AM

juice man wrote:

As with most things, remembering the fundamentals is a key to success BlooMilk
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Tuesday, October 6, 2009 5:03:20 AM

swinefeld wrote:
juice man wrote:

*AHEM*.....Droids!!
swinefeld
Posted: Tuesday, October 6, 2009 5:09:05 AM

Mandalore Da Beast wrote:
swinefeld wrote:
juice man wrote:

*AHEM*.....Droids!!

Well yeah, but they are programmed to do that Razz
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Tuesday, October 6, 2009 10:00:02 AM

all their good for.
Weaver
Posted: Saturday, October 10, 2009 9:34:55 PM

Last tournament I was in, I stepped Rex one square farther than I should have and couldn't Tow Cable him to safety. He promptly got his head shot off by Smuggler Han and Leia.
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Sunday, October 11, 2009 6:13:22 AM

Weaver wrote:
Last tournament I was in, I stepped Rex one square farther than I should have and couldn't Tow Cable him to safety. He promptly got his head shot off by Smuggler Han and Leia.

so far, my luck with Rex has been anything but Luck.
i keep positioning Doombot in the wrong spots of the frikking map, so when i tow out Rex, he becomes Shnitzel!
maverick
Posted: Sunday, October 11, 2009 6:51:50 AM

I was running a deep strike Sentinel swap squad. I ran my helion swoop up to General Aayla forgetting the Sentinel had melee reach 2 and swapped him adjacent, I took so much damage it wasn't even funny. After my sentinel died, I had to rely on stormtroopers to do all my damage, and that did not go well.
Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Posted: Wednesday, October 21, 2009 12:28:12 AM

So my friend and I played a game of minis. It was a 500-pt FFA match, all factions, 2 Huges per team. He had Rieekan, Mandy the Ultimate, Mando Capt., some Mando Scouts, Tarpals, Rebel Commando Strike Leader with some ERCs and VRCs, Princess Leia HC, RCTS, Sev, Thrawn (Mitth'raw'nuruodo) an AT-ST and a Golan Anti-Infantry Turret, whilst I chose Tarpals, 2ERCs, Clobot, R2 Sensor, some RBSVs, Xizor, Kyp, Dooku of Serenno, Ghost Luke (used on Dooku), an AT-ST, Jariah Syn, YV Sub, Deliah and a X-1 Viper Droid, among others. Well, we were playing a combo of the ROTS starter map, the one with the Throne Room, and one more which I think was the Death Star Map. He ended up taking down my AT-ST in the first few rounds, which I used to position and run up the X-1. X-1 started putting the hurt on the AT-ST; he was afraid to attack it. Kyp assaulted the AT-ST, while Dooku helped with a dose of Lightning. Meanwhile, he had run a Mando Captain near my X-1 and was throwing Grenades 20 at it for all his worth, while he had another mini shoot the X-1 from an adjacent square. He got the X-1 down to 30 HP, but Deliah got to work and took off 60 damage. Meanwhile, the AT-ST went down. May I mention that he was having extremely bad die rolls this game, and so was already peeved. He had failed many of his Evade saves, and now the AT-ST was going down. He pleaded, he threatened, he flattered Leia, but to no avail; he failed the save and it died. Things started going downhill from there, with my R2 locking down the main corridor so that his turret and his men couldn't deploy or fire through. He ended up crying; every Leia save except one (and that was only a Snowtrooper) failed. I think had he remembered his Evade at the beginning he might have won. Bless his Heart .
swinefeld
Posted: Wednesday, October 21, 2009 4:13:01 AM

Mitth'raw'nuruodo wrote:
So my friend and I played a game of minis. It was a 500-pt FFA match, all factions, 2 Huges per team. He had Rieekan, Mandy the Ultimate, Mando Capt., some Mando Scouts, Tarpals, Rebel Commando Strike Leader with some ERCs and VRCs, Princess Leia HC, RCTS, Sev, Thrawn (Mitth'raw'nuruodo) an AT-ST and a Golan Anti-Infantry Turret, whilst I chose Tarpals, 2ERCs, Clobot, R2 Sensor, some RBSVs, Xizor, Kyp, Dooku of Serenno, Ghost Luke (used on Dooku), an AT-ST, Jariah Syn, YV Sub, Deliah and a X-1 Viper Droid, among others. Well, we were playing a combo of the ROTS starter map, the one with the Throne Room, and one more which I think was the Death Star Map. He ended up taking down my AT-ST in the first few rounds, which I used to position and run up the X-1. X-1 started putting the hurt on the AT-ST; he was afraid to attack it. Kyp assaulted the AT-ST, while Dooku helped with a dose of Lightning. Meanwhile, he had run a Mando Captain near my X-1 and was throwing Grenades 20 at it for all his worth, while he had another mini shoot the X-1 from an adjacent square. He got the X-1 down to 30 HP, but Deliah got to work and took off 60 damage. Meanwhile, the AT-ST went down. May I mention that he was having extremely bad die rolls this game, and so was already peeved. He had failed many of his Evade saves, and now the AT-ST was going down. He pleaded, he threatened, he flattered Leia, but to no avail; he failed the save and it died. Things started going downhill from there, with my R2 locking down the main corridor so that his turret and his men couldn't deploy or fire through. He ended up crying; every Leia save except one (and that was only a Snowtrooper) failed. I think had he remembered his Evade at the beginning he might have won. Bless his Heart .

That is epic (pun intended). Apparently his ERCs were off duty, or dead.
500 points and not one Juggernaut on the field of battle.
From the way it sounds, Yoda wouldn't have helped either Razz
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Wednesday, October 21, 2009 6:44:41 AM

yeah, sounds like yoda was there to just to be thereLOL
swinefeld
Posted: Tuesday, October 27, 2009 6:52:51 AM

So, last night I was scrambling with my son to get all his homework etc. done so we could go play minis. Usually when in a hurry like this, I have to toss a squad together at the last minute. I came up with this for a 100-pointer:

Aurra CS, Whorm, Hondo, Uggie, Mouse. Driving to the LGS the flaw hits me. Heart

1st match - I face Cad and Luke RC on Death Star.
Hondo gets dusted in one turn when Luke tosses Cad into position to strike.
Aurra shoots back at Luke needing 7's. I roll - 6, FP reroll -1. Twin - 1.
That pretty much sealed it. 0-1

2nd match - I play my son (Cad and Luke, Hoth Pilot) on the hardboard. I've got the good side. I manage to do some decent damage and have a chance to win, then I start rolling carp again. Ends in Aurra getting pushed to death. 0-2

3rd match - hardboard again against Sidious CS, Jensaarai and uggs. Advantage is all mine here. I play aggressive hitting hard early and taking out Sid before he use his tricks too many times. Aurra takes a lightning and some beating in the process. Opponent's JD manages to take out Aurra with a key LS Precision hit, but then he has to cover a bunch of ground to get to Hondo on the opposite side. Whorm, mouse, our uggs are scattered all over the center. No worries, right?

Hondo misses no less than 5 or 6 shots on the JD, several with cunning. Whorm got hit by an Ugg for 10, another Ugg crit on the mouse, finally Whorm ends up dead when all 3 of his uggs roll crits on him. 4 crits by the uggies! The JD reaches Hondo safely shortly after that and beats him down.

Sigh... Heart

LOL