Not as clumsy or random as a blaster.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Dark vs Light League Options
thereisnotry
Posted: Tuesday, March 30, 2021 8:27:18 AM
Groups: Member

Mando wrote:
thereisnotry wrote:
Jim playtested this squad against me twice before GenCon last summer. It's insane. My ERCs were defeated by the end of Round 3. lol

The only problem it had was a low Attack value. But now that there's a squad that gives them an extra +4 Attack, I think the Sidious Uvaks really could be a significant threat.

if the uvak dies from someone doing riposte or djem so as a reaction to the attack, do the rest of the attacks still go through or do they end as soon as the uvak is defeated?

No, the Uvak can't attack if it's DEAD! lol

It's similar to a character using Lightsaber Sweep and then getting Riposted to death before it has a chance to finish attacking all the adjacent targets. Battering Charge and LS Sweep offer a series of new (and separate) attacks. This is different than Force Repulse, which applies a blanket amount of damage to everything within range (so a Force Repulse character could die from an enemy's Self-Destruct that he triggers by Repulsing that enemy to death...everyone would still take the Repulse damage, though).
thereisnotry
Posted: Tuesday, March 30, 2021 8:30:28 AM

TimmerB123 wrote:
thereisnotry wrote:
Jim playtested this squad against me twice before GenCon last summer. It's insane. My ERCs were defeated by the end of Round 3. lol

The only problem it had was a low Attack value. But now that there's a squad that gives them an extra +4 Attack, I think the Sidious Uvaks really could be a significant threat.

Oh great - do we have to ban Uvaks here too!?!

LOL!

I don't think so though. For a long time, Parry/Block/Makashi haven't been highly impactful in the meta. But if Uvaks become a 'thing' then I think we'll start to see that rising as a natural counter.

Part of the thing with Uvaks is that they're basically a sack piece...they do their thing once and then they die. So if their attack gets nullified by a successful LS Block, that will have big ripple effects in the rest of the game.
TimmerB123
Posted: Tuesday, March 30, 2021 8:38:03 AM

I got worried for a second when I saw Lady Rhea in set 21.
Her CE-
Whenever this character or a Lost Tribe ally within 6 squares defeats an enemy, it may immediately move 4 squares. This move does not provoke attacks of opportunity or prevent the use of extra attacks.

My thought was - OH NO! Ultimate Lawnmower Uvaks.

Luckily, Battering Charge targets. LS Sweep and Unleash the Force (the original lawnmower abilities with Leia Rebel Hero) do not target, so you just keep adding new pieces to damage as you move. With the Skyranger on Uvak's Battering Charge +20, you determine targets before the first attack, and cannot add more later.

(I believe the above is correct. God I hope so.)

I guess in theory you could swing around to the other side of a piece (that you were already adjacent to and was a legal target when you started your attacks) after killing one of it's allies, and push them in a more desirable direction, but that's about it that I can see.
TimmerB123
Posted: Wednesday, March 31, 2021 11:32:18 AM

Gentle reminder - while technically you have until next Friday to get both games in, to stay on track and respect people’s wishes to have no more than 1 game in a week, I hope we see some more games in the next day or 2.

Of course if you’ve already worked out a date to crack out both games that’s great!
Mando
Posted: Wednesday, March 31, 2021 11:36:31 AM

TimmerB123 wrote:
Gentle reminder - while technically you have until next Friday to get both games in, to stay on track and respect people’s wishes to have no more than 1 game in a week, I hope we see some more games in the next day or 2.

Of course if you’ve already worked out a date to crack out both games that’s great!

Trevor and I are going to do our two games back to back tonight. it worked out better for our schedules to just get it all done in one day. Looking forward to seeing what other squads people are bringing to the table in this format! already seen the best use of Uvaks in this game imo, so i'll probably learn some more cool combos by the end of the tournament lol.
Mando
Posted: Wednesday, March 31, 2021 6:34:00 PM

Mando vs Thereisnotry (2nd game in our back to back matchup)

Final Score: 200-87 Mando wins. 3pts for Mando, 0pt for Thereisnotry

map roll was won by thereisnotry. we played on his map, outlaw city.

My squad:
http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/166912/embrace-the-ds
--Embrace the DS--
44 Commander Sha'kel
28 Tsavong Lah, Warrior Elite
27 Minos, Yuuzhan Vong Warrior
22 Khalee Lah, Warrior Progeny
21 Yuuzhan Vong Shaper
19 Eighth Cortex Shaper
15 Yammosk War Coordinator
13 Yun-Ne'Shel Priest
9 Dooje Brolo
2 Kneesaa, Ewok Princess

Preferred Reinforcements:
(ECS-CE) 18 Praetorite Vong Priest

(200pts. 11 activations)

Thereisnotry's squad:
http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/211742/crusaders-
--Crusaders!--
46 Ven Zallow, Jedi Master
38 Revan, Supreme Commander
36 Atton "Jaq" Rand
29 Carth Onasi, Old Republic Soldier
26 Malak, Jedi General
11 Jedi Holocron
11 Teethree (T3-M4)
3 XT-6 Droid

(200pts. 8 activations)

Bad matchup but it was kinda closer than the score looks. Some really nice crits and a couple of flamethrowers brought my Commander Shakel down to 10hp. final init was crucial where if tint won, he could have flamed Shakel again and killed him. Wouldn't have changed the outcome of the match as far as the victor goes, but it would have given Trevor a 1pt loss. Vong vs shooters is really good and the tanky nature of Shakel made it really hard to land hits (except for crits tho! thereisnotry rolled 3 of them and did lots of damage with them against key pieces). Hard fought battle but in the end the Vong slugged it out and got the victory. T3 is a really good piece! he was the mvp of thereisnotry's squad for sure!
thereisnotry
Posted: Thursday, April 1, 2021 5:42:48 AM

Thereisnotry vs Mando (1st game in our back-to-back matchup)

Final Score: 200-129 Thereisnotry wins (3-1)

Mando won the map roll so we played on Starport Terminal.

tint's squad:
--Always Two, There Are?--
60 Darth Plagueis, The Wise
50 Darth Bane, Sith Master
39 Sith Eternal Emperor
20 Queen Amanoa
18 Dark Force Nexus
13 Gloom Walker Infiltrator

(200pts. 6 activations)

Mando's squad:
--LS Old Republic Jedi--
44 Kao Cen Darach, Jedi Battlemaster
38 Jedi Master Vodo-Siosk Baas
38 Revan, Supreme Commander
37 Satele Shan
26 Malak, Jedi General
11 Jedi Holocron
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2

(200pts. 8 activations)

I had never played this squad before, but I liked the idea of combining Amanoa's CE with Plagueis' CE, along with low activations, for a pretty fun and compact squad that looked like it might be tanky enough to work. (I'm really starting to enjoy these low-activation squads!)

Anyway, Satele came in at the start of the 2nd round for 90dmg on Sideous. Bane responded with an Assault...for just 20 dmg after a miss and 2 successful Parry saves (needing 15s!). However, Sideous was able to Drain 50 hp from her. Revan pushed some people up. I used Plagueis to finish Satele and put some damage on KaoCenDarach, and then moved him to body-block to make it harder for Mando's guys to get in there to finish Sideous. However, KCD used Force Leap (I forgot about FA Reflexes) to do a sweet Repulse which cleared the way for Vodo to finish the new hero of the Star Wars saga. Vodo paid for his crimes. Next round Plagueis took some damage and gave some out, and Bane whiffed on most of his attacks vs Vodo. I was lucky to win the next init, because it allowed Plagueis to do one final Chain Lightning on 3 of Mando's guys before he fell. After that, Bane didn't have too much trouble wearing down a weakened Malak and Revan. The Nexus really didn't have much impact in this game, since most of the combat took place further than 6 squares away from it.
TimmerB123
Posted: Thursday, April 1, 2021 7:56:55 AM

Darkside domination so far! Can Darth O or urbanjedi pull out a win for the Lightside?
Mando
Posted: Thursday, April 1, 2021 8:21:06 AM

TimmerB123 wrote:
Darkside domination so far! Can Darth O or urbanjedi pull out a win for the Lightside?

it kinda seemed a little silly to Trevor and me when we had to roll for what side to play because we'd have to play both squads we brought anyways, making it pointless. In the next round going forward, do you suppose we could roll for the 2nd game of the back to back and have a 4 squads to play going into our first match and reveal 2 for the first match, and then for the second game, roll again and see if lightside or dark side is prefered? If you won with Light side in your first match, you can't bring the same faction in your second match. for your LS squad. You can bring your DS squad from game 1 again if you chose LS in round 1 into your game 2 choices. Vice versa for DS if your DS squad won. Just throwing that out there. Either way is just fine, it just seems in our current format with bringing just 2 squads, the side roll is redundant lol. So take the roll out of it?
TimmerB123
Posted: Thursday, April 1, 2021 9:42:12 AM

The roll has little meaning now, but can make a difference.

For example, when I played Jim, we both had Uvak squads. I won the matchup roll, and I made him play his Uvak squad first so I could learn the tricks.

So if you both agree the roll isn’t necessary, then don’t roll. It’s just a way to let someone decide which gets played first.
urbanjedi
Posted: Friday, April 2, 2021 6:41:37 PM

Darth O and I got our games in

Game 1 was his Light side vs my darkside
darth o
http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/224018/take-these-ls
urban jedi (again using the squad Laura Designed)
http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/223739/io-triumphe-

Final Score: 200-69 Urban Jedi (darkside) wins (3-0)

He won map, and we played on starport district

I won every single init the entire game. I used montross early to deep strike and try and take out T3 and his XT which were adjacent, but XT made both save 16s and T3 made one of them. But I won the next init and was able to make it not matter as much. Lucien went down, but then so did Montross so the game was close. After that I won init (again) and started doing more damage than he could handle. Used a cool setup to grenade a cluster (including Din) and then force push away so the second grenade was even better. The tribal intervention was bad news. I of course won the next init and did tons more damage. At the end of the game, Din was a little below half health and Mira was full up and all his guys were defeated.

Game 2 was the opposite
darth O
http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/224019/sirens
urban jedi (and yes, I stole Darth Jim's squad)
http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/219112/embolical-karrde-3-2

Final Score: 200-83 Urban Jedi (lightside) wins (3-0)

He won map again and we played on outlaw city. I took the left.
Embo taloned up to the first door. Later in the round he had opened a door on his side, so Mira force sensed and killed a mutant. Porgs made more porgs. Darth O had a great move set up but forgot he couldn't alchemy a guy in the bubble so had to regroup. I used force sense again to send Ludo Kresh back to GO. And then started unloading on Naga. Took me another round or so and getting talon close to make sure he couldn't master illusion to finish off Naga. Also was working on picking off more mutants during that time. After Naga went down, it was bad news for all his savage guys as they could no longer charge in. He took out Embo with Nyax, and I ended up grenading my own uggie and R7 to get to another mutant. He was trying to keep his Ludo dancing around gambit, but it wasn't quite enough to get him to a point in the end.

All in all, good fun and well played.

Looking forward to next round.

TimmerB123
Posted: Saturday, April 3, 2021 9:34:28 PM

urbanjedi alone could bring lightside to victory (with a not-all-that-lightside squad) in round 1.

Will they make a comeback in round 2?

We finished early, so I have the new pairings and I'm giving 2 weeks. That said - if anyone struggles getting games in let me know and we have some wiggle room since we are ahead.

Round 2 pairings
urbanjedi vs TimmerB123
Darth_Jim vs thereisnotry
Mando vs Darth_O

You have until Saturday April 24th at 11:59pm (US Central) to get both your games in with your opponent.
thereisnotry
Posted: Monday, April 5, 2021 5:36:18 PM

Jim and I had a blast tonight! So much fun....

Let it be known, hereafter, that Jim had Master Tactician for both of our games. Yep, he won every single initiative roll in both games...even when I had a Tactician bonus!

Game 1: thereisnotry (DS) wins 211-47, 3pts to me, 0pts to Jim (LS)

thereisnotry's DS (Yuuzhan Vong): "Pretty Vong"
http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/213635/-pretty-vong--can-you-say-pretty-vong---pretty-vong-
--"Pretty Vong. Can You Say Pretty Vong? Pretty Vong"--
44 Commander Sha'kel
28 Tsavong Lah, Warrior Elite
27 Minos, Yuuzhan Vong Warrior
27 Nen Yim
22 Khalee Lah, Warrior Progeny
19 Eighth Cortex Shaper
15 Yammosk War Coordinator
13 Yun-Ne'Shel Priest
5 Zonoma Sekot Scout

Reinforcements: 18 Praetorite Vong Priest

(200pts. 10 activations)

DarthJim's LS (NR): Skywalker Soda
http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/218820/skywalker-soda
--Skywalker Soda--
61 Cade Skywalker, Bounty Hunter
48 Luke Skywalker, Galactic Hero
29 Ganner Rhysode
20 Danni Quee
20 Yoda, Force Spirit
8 R7 Astromech Droid
5 Killik Drone
6 Mouse Droid x2
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist

(200pts. 10 activations)

I won the map roll so we played on Outlaw City. Jim set up on the left side. Round 1 was basic positioning, with both us getting gambit. He let me go first at the start of Round 2, so I Firejellied a door. Then he levitated Luke up for a sweet Ataru-powered LS Throw, hitting 3 of my guys (Shakel, Tsavong, Khalee)...but each of them made their Evade saves (needing 7s). I then killed Luke with Shakel and Minos. Minos died to some fancy shooting from Cade. Danni came up to nerf the range effects from my Yammosk, which basically nerfed my damage output until I could get my support pieces up close. I then started moving those pieces forward so that they could start to be part of the game again the next round. I charged Tsavong and Khalee up to base Danni and Cade. he won init and used a quad-attack with Cade, doing moderate damage to Tsavong, and severe damage to himself due to missed splash saves. I then moved my Priest up for Scarification bonuses, and used Shakel to kill Cade and put some damage on Danni with his CE for a free attack. Tsavong ate a lot of attacks, but with the Doctrine of Fear in effect and effective armor, Tsavong survived with 10hp. Danni went down, and Ganner on the following round.

===========

Game 2: thereisnotry (LS) wins 217-89, 3pts to me, 0pts to Jim (DS)

thereisnotry's LS (Republic): Sic 'em!
http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/221505/sic-em-
--Sic 'Em!--
65 Mace Windu, Legacy of the Light Side
55 Yoda, Master of the Order
23 Foul Moudama
20 Ima Gun-Di
14 Coleman Trebor
11 Jedi Holocron
9 R2-D2, Astromech Droid
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist

(200pts. 8 activations)

DarthJim's DS (Imperial): Disintegrations
http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/216163/disintegrations
--Disintegrations--
62 Boba Fett, Bounty Hunter
61 Darth Vader, Legacy of the Force
27 Wilhuff Tarkin
18 Twi'lek Black Sun Vigo
8 Mas Amedda
8 R7 Astromech Droid
5 Porg
5 Salacious Crumb
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2

(200pts. 10 activations)

Jim won the map roll, so we played on Throne Room. I set up on the left for easy access to gambit. Near the start of round 2, I had counted out a sweet move to tow Coleman to a place where he was 12 squares from the TBSV...40dmg incoming, right? With a fprr available if needed? Tarkin said "Boo," which scared Coleman, who rolled a 4 (miss because of Tarkin) and then a 2 on the fprr. Ugh. Coleman ate some damage but somehow managed to stay alive until the start of the next round, when Tarkin finished him. However, the craziness happened after Foul threw Yoda in there at Boba. Yoda scored a crit on his LS Throw, which left Boba at 10hp. Vader came to put some damage on Yoda, but Yoda only ended up taking 20dmg, and he had 3fp left when it was Boba's turn. Boba shoots his one and only attack this game against Yoda...crit! Yoda is disintegrated...but not before he Reflects 40dmg back to Boba (requiring a fprr). Boba rolled a 10 for his reflect save, which means that he died. Afterward, Jim realized he could've used the Porg to give Boba a bonus on that key save! Craziness. Ima went up to kill an Ug. Mace re-attached himself to R2, and left the holocron on the other side of the (open) door. Jim saw this and locked that door! lol. Now my holocron had to activate, but it had no adjacent force users to pick it up, so it died. #$&*ing R7 droid! lol Anyway, the next round Foul leaped away from Vader to put some damage on the #$&*ing R7. The TBSV and Vader finished him off. Meanwhile, after searching frantically for his lost holocron, Mace moved up with R2's help and killed off Tarkin and an Uggie. Next round, Vader came in to attack Mace (still had GMA because the "Vader's Leash" ability lasts for the rest of the skirmish. Mace absorbed 2 hits and threw some back. Then Mace had his turn and said, "This party's over"...then summarily proceeded to crit and hit Vader down to 20hp after a duel of Djem-So and Riposte strikes back and forth. Vader went first the next round, with Mace at 70hp and Vader at 20. Vader crits Mace on the first attack (down to 30hp), and Mace hit his Riposte to kill Vader...but not before Vader strikes back via Djem-So, bringing Mace 10hp). With Vader out of the way, Mace ran up to kill off the TBSV and the $%&*ing R7 droid, to finish the game.

Wow, the craziness that was this game! Big swings of momentum in both directions. The best move of the game, by far, was the #$&*ing R7 Droid murdering the Holocron...sheer genius!
But he paid for it...he PAID....
Cursing

So, once again it was a blast to play my old buddy. We may not be cruising together in the Champion-Mobile anymore, but we'll always be Champions! Good times. Thanks Jim!
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Tuesday, April 6, 2021 11:59:28 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Loved the recap. Epic games.
Darth_Jim
Posted: Wednesday, April 7, 2021 2:13:55 AM

As usual, I enjoyed my games with Tint. The first game I had little chance to win and was swarmed pretty quickly. The second game looked like a blowout, but it could have been a real bloodbath had I remembered the Porg reroll bonus early on. I had Mace down to 10 when I lost Vader, so who knows what even a 10hp Boba could have done.

But... the most fun I have in these games are the ones like that... wild swings of momentum and crazy moments like Boba disintegrating Yoda. We both laughed a lot, and that is my measure of success these days.
urbanjedi
Posted: Wednesday, April 7, 2021 5:48:58 PM

Tim and I got our games in

I played
http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/224028/new-rep-talon
Tim Played
http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/216042/straight-up-buggin--out

Game 1: urbanjedi (LS) wins 200-42 3pts to me, 0pts to Tim (DS)

My accurate shooting guys, plus the ability of deep strike of embo plus the plasma bolts, making crab armors harder, made it nearly impossible for tim. Han and Chewie did almost all the heavy lifting, with some clean up work by embo and mira, the game was over in quick fashion.
TimmerB123
Posted: Thursday, April 8, 2021 7:43:47 AM

Game 2 -

Jason played - http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/224027/seps-talon

Quote:
--Seps talon--
34 Alto Stratus
32 Talon Karrde, Information Broker
31 Red Hand Syndicate Boss
28 Mira of Nar Shaddaa
15 Umbaran Soldier
13 Czerka Scientist
10 Neimoidian Soldier
8 R7 Astromech Droid
20 Muun Guard x4
9 Ugnaught Demolitionist x3

(200pts. 15 activations)

I played - http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/221464/huntin

Quote:
--Huntin'--
50 Boba Fett, Assassin for Hire
35 Jabba Desilijic Tiure (-8 rapport with Bib Fortuna)
27 Lobot
20 Bib Fortuna, Majordomo
18 Devaronian Assassin
17 Klatooinian Assassin
13 Czerka Scientist
8 Teek
5 Killik Drone
4 Prowler 1000 Seeker Droid
3 Mouse Droid

Reinforcements:
(Jabba DT) 10 TC-70 Protocol Droid
(Jabba DT) 6 Snivvian Fringer
(Jabba DT) 4 Salacious Crumb (-1 rapport w/ Jabba)
(Lobot) 5 Bespin Guard
(Lobot) 5 Caamasi Noble
(Lobot) 4 Gran Raider
(Lobot) 3 Rodian Brute
(Lobot) 3 Ugnaught Demolitionist

(200pts. 19 activations)

He won map again, and we played on outlaw city. My guys on the right.

I did a lot of pushing via Bib's CE to get up in his face pretty quick. For his last few acts he opened the center door and took a couple shots at Boba with the RHS Boss, evaded one, and he ducked back out of sight with agile. Boba then took out the czerka, a Muun and an uggie at the end of the round, and the Dev hit 1/2 on the R7, then with Jabba's dual cannon Boba took out another uggie and the Dev missed the R7 again leaving it functional. I had to retreat with Boba because I had really extended, but end of the round used some pushes to get him back up in the mix. He advanced with the Umbaran to open a door and get a shot on Boba with Mira. Boba failed his Bait and Switch save, then she missed one shot, and again with a reroll, leaving Boba with 50, and ducking into a lower room. Klat advances at the end of the round to put pressure on, taking out another Muun. I win init and choose to base Mira and the last 2 Muuns with the Klat. Jason knows he has no choice but to kill the Klat (uses a Muun to do it), thus killing his last 2 Muuns and putting 20 on Mira. There's some of my fodder in the way that he has no choice but to shoot first with Mira, and then takes a couple shots on Boba with the Boss, Boba fails his Bait and Switch save again, but evades one, leaving him with 20hp. Dev finally takes out the R7. Boba Advances with a few pushes, Alto finally comes out of hiding to try and defend Mira. Teek scurries between Alto and Mira to give the exrta damage, and Boba rolls up and bases Alto and blows him away. Jabba gives to bonus shot to hit Mira, taking her down to 10. Top of the round Jason does his Talon move breaking from Teek, but Teek rolls a 14. Teek doesn't get Jabba's bonus (CE), so a two would miss, but then realized he DOES get close-quarters fighting via specialization via Bib, so it hit and killed her. Week moves to base Talon, Boba has to move into the bubble to shoot Talon, but no matter with Teek basing Talon giving Death Strike, three not 1s later Talon is toast. Dev and Czerka move up to take out the RHS boss easily.

It was a closer game than the score, and Jason played well in a bad matchup.

TimmerB123"s Fringe over urbanjedi's Separatists 200-23. 3-0
TimmerB123
Posted: Thursday, April 8, 2021 7:45:51 AM

So far matches have swung to the nightside this round.

Lopsided scores continue. Zero 2pt wins, and only a single 1pt loss
Mando
Posted: Friday, April 9, 2021 2:28:48 PM

Darth O and I played our two games today.

Game 1: Mando defeats Darth O. 200-10. 3pt for Mando, 0pt for Darth O

Map was on Starport Terminal

My squad:
http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/223794/rebel-dawn
--Rebel Dawn--
45 Kanan Jarrus
43 Ahsoka Tano, Champion of the Rebellion
22 Ezra Bridger, Padawan
22 Luke Skywalker, Red 5
18 Artoo-Detoo (R2-D2)
18 Galen Erso
12 See-Threepio (C-3PO)
11 Jedi Holocron
8 Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi Spirit

(199pts. 9 activations)

Darth O's squad:
http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/224030/1-aat-a-time
--1 AAT a Time--
65 NR-N99 Droid Enforcer
61 Scorpenek Annihilator Droid
40 AAT-1 Hovertank
12 Haor Chall Engineer
9 Battle Droid Officer
12 Ugnaught Demolitionist x4

(199pts. 9 activations)

Played probably my favorite Rebel squad against Darth O's seps. I really enjoy using Ghost Crew and Luke is really fun to use in this team as well. Lots of damage reduction to chew through but I got some key plays in the game by getting a nice shot on his BDO with Ezra using his Focused Attack and also with Kanan getting a few very effective Blaster Barrages in the game. C-3P0 was my mvp as he protected the squad very well with the 3720-1 ability giving Cloaked to all my rebels as soon as one of Darth O's droids missed. Defensive Stance in addition to taking out the BDO made it really hard to kill my guys. I did come close to losing a few pieces but in the end, I took out the AAT and the Enforcer before they could finish anyone off with their auto damage abilities. I rolled horrible on my saves against the Pulse Cannon, so i wanted to get that piece down quickly. Didn't get to utilize any crit based fun with my rebels, so Galen just hid away for the whole game. Luke bullseyed some Uggies. If i didn't have lightsabers, i'd have struggled a lot more in this game.

Game 2: Mando defeats Darth O. 200-62. 3pts for Mando, 0pts for Darth O

I won map roll again. We played on Starport Terminal.

My squad:
http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/223993/greefer-madness
--Greefer Madness--
67 The Mandalorian (Din Djarin) and the Child
32 Shae Vizla
30 Greef Karga
28 Mira of Nar Shaddaa
27 Fenn Shysa
5 Mandalorian Defenseman
5 Porg
4 Prowler 1000 Seeker Droid
2 Kneesaa, Ewok Princess

(200pts. 9 activations)

Darth O's squad:
http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/224029/sebu
--Sebu--
40 Plo Koon, Jedi Master
21 Admiral Yularen
20 Captain Panaka of Theed
16 Queen Amidala
13 Czerka Scientist
12 Governor Sio Bibble
9 R2-D2, Astromech Droid
8 Mas Amedda
45 Naboo Trooper x9
4 Rodian Diplomat
12 Spaarti Clone Trooper Demolitionist x3

(200pts. 21 activations)

What a game! much closer than the score showed. Had all of my surviving Mando's under half HP at the end of the game. Key play that probably won the match for me was a risky move where I used Greef to move Din Djarin up 6 squares and then did a Cable Grab to spot where i could Whistling Birds his Czerka Scientist and also take out R2. and put some damage on Plo Koon. No more twin attack was huge. Another huge thing early on was using Shae Vizla to pull a nice los on 5 of his guys in this starting area with missles 20 twice, and ended up taking out 2 troopers and a Spaarti and did 20 dmg to another one. Stealth meant no death shot attack against her. Shae was very helpful in this squad. She latter on did 30 dmg to take out Plo Koon when Mando went down bellow half HP and called the tribe to come help him out. No more death shots was probably what sealed the deal. Fenn absorbed lots of hits and the adorable porgs kept helping with the save rolls. Kneesa had a whole host of porg pets to look after. I thought this game was going to result in a loss for me when i saw the matchup, but that key Whistling Birds to take away the Czerka was what gave my team the chance to win. The game went all the way to 75 minutes and we got a last round in where i took out all the rest of his pieces. Good game Darth O! tough squad!
TimmerB123
Posted: Saturday, April 10, 2021 8:05:13 AM

Thanks everyone! It appears at least thus far that scheduling 2 back-to back games is pretty much the same as scheduling a single game. Good to know for the future!

Some takeaways -

Lopsided scores have reigned supreme!

Darth_O has been victim of some bad matchups (taking nothing away from his opponents)

Lightside makes a stronger showing this time, winning 4/6.

Here's the new matchups: - 2 weeks from today to finish

Round 3
TimmerB123 v thereisnotry
Darth_Jim v Darth_O
Mando v urbanjedi