RegisterDonateLogin

Sith tested, Mothma approved.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Dark vs Light League Options
Darth_Jim
Posted: Sunday, May 2, 2021 4:23:51 PM
Groups: Member

I have Bloomailed Jason. We had originally set up a 4:30 time Monday to play. I proposed in the Bloomail that we keep that original time to play and just replay the game with the other squad I had intended to play. Stay tuned.
urbanjedi
Posted: Sunday, May 2, 2021 4:34:11 PM

Darth_Jim wrote:
I have Bloomailed Jason. We had originally set up a 4:30 time Monday to play. I proposed in the Bloomail that we keep that original time to play and just replay the game with the other squad I had intended to play. Stay tuned.

That is Jim showing his true class. I’ll take that offer and see you Monday at 430 eastern
Darth_Jim
Posted: Sunday, May 2, 2021 4:45:45 PM

Jason and I played our second game... oops. I guess this is the first game if he accepts my proposed solution to the first game issue. Jason was Dark side, I was Light.

Jason's squad:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/224027/seps-talon

--Seps talon--
34 Alto Stratus
32 Talon Karrde, Information Broker
31 Red Hand Syndicate Boss
28 Mira of Nar Shaddaa
15 Umbaran Soldier
13 Czerka Scientist
10 Neimoidian Soldier
8 R7 Astromech Droid
20 Muun Guard x4
9 Ugnaught Demolitionist x3

My squad:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/224243/embolical-karrde-3-12

--Embolical Karrde 3.12--
50 Boba Fett, Assassin for Hire
42 Embo
31 Morrigan Corde
28 Mira of Nar Shaddaa
8 R7 Astromech Droid
5 Porg
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist

(199pts. 8 activations)

I won map roll and used the Throne Room. Jason set up on the right, I set up on the left. The first round we positioned and I porged. The second round started cagey but then I ran Embo up and took out the Umbaran soldier. Morrigan took out a dangerously placed Czerka... well, potentially dangerous to me. He couldn't seem to hit Embo but had Morrigan down to 10 and won the next init. He Taloned a guard down to kill Morrigan and I taloned Embo to hit his Mira. the blood bath started. He killed Morgan, I killed Mira, then after Embo I mobiled Boba out to take out 2 guards and put 30 on the boss. Mira finished the boss and Jason whittled Embo down. Alto Stratus came out and killed Mira but then Boba killed Stratus. Embo put 50 on Talon, then Talon went down next round. Before I got to 200, Jason rained shots down on Embo with what he had left and finally dropped him with a crit from the Nemoidian soldier. Boba dropped an uggie and Talon finished off his R7 to put me over 200.

Great game as usual with Jason. I won 200-134, 3-1. Hopefully Jason will play the other one tomorrow.
TimmerB123
Posted: Monday, May 3, 2021 7:21:05 AM

To be clear - Jason and Jim you have 1 more game to play?
urbanjedi
Posted: Monday, May 3, 2021 10:05:14 AM

TimmerB123 wrote:
To be clear - Jason and Jim you have 1 more game to play?

Yes. That is correct. We will be playing it this afternoon
urbanjedi
Posted: Monday, May 3, 2021 2:09:28 PM

Jim and I finally got our real game in today.

I played this
http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/224028/new-rep-talon

Jim played his actual squad
http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/223988/insideous-rangers-2-0

I won map so we played on cantina. Jim took the left to try and force me to come through the middle.

I used force sense early in rd 1, and later in the round got a shot on one of his uvaks with embo (missed once needing 9s). He did his sithy tricks and dumped 80 damage on embo.

Rd 2 I win init and kill that uvak and am able to hide embo so he couldn't get to him.

The rest of rd 2 and rds 3-5 are kinda fuzzy. I do remember that I Won every single init and used those won inits to kill uvaks and try and get good position.

I don't think I gave Jim any good landing spots for any of his uvaks and he played it how he had to, clearing out some fodder and hoping to win init.

In the end it was
Urban Jedi wins 3-0
200-42 (he killed Han and 3 uggies).

However Mira had 10 left, Embo had 10 left, and Chewie had 30 left, so if he had won any of those key inits (or even multiple of them) he could have very easily won the game and certainly done much more.

TimmerB123
Posted: Monday, May 3, 2021 8:24:49 PM

Everyone splits their matchups in round 4!

Separatists got close to winning their first match, and almost beat the undefeated Fringe! Alas, those two factions have one last round to try and get a win, or stay undefeated.

After a dominating round one for Darkside, Lightside has bested them in the last 3 rounds to be ahead overall. Can Darkside pull off a perfect 6-0 round to surpass Lightside?

Remember - top 2 finishers after this round will have to face off for the ultimate champion series, and they'll have extra challenges in those matchups.

Round 5 pairings

TimmerB123 v Darth_O

Darth_Jim v Mando

thereisnotry v urbanjedi

You have until Monday May 17th at 11:59pm (US Central) to get both your games in with your opponent.
Mando
Posted: Tuesday, May 4, 2021 6:05:07 AM

this is a really interesting last round. very close points totals in the standings after 4 rounds! 5 people legitimately have a shot at the top 2. I've had a lot of fun with this tournament and i hope we make this LS vs DS long form tournament format a reoccurring event every year!
TimmerB123
Posted: Tuesday, May 4, 2021 2:25:07 PM

Mando wrote:
this is a really interesting last round. very close points totals in the standings after 4 rounds! 5 people legitimately have a shot at the top 2. I've had a lot of fun with this tournament and i hope we make this LS vs DS long form tournament format a reoccurring event every year!

Yeah, and without some bad draws Darth O could easily have been right up there too!

I'm glad you're having fun. I am too!
Darth O
Posted: Friday, May 7, 2021 2:17:32 PM

Fringe move to 4-0 after Darth O's Fringe Thrawn beats TimmerB123's Imperial Thrawn 3-1 on Bothan Spynet.

My squad: http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/224251/chisstal-clear
59 Thrawn, Chiss Emissary
30 Chiss Ascendancy Commander
24 Formbi, Chiss Aristocra (V21)
64 Chiss Trooper x4
5 Killik Drone
9 Mouse Droid x3

Tim's: http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/224192/opportunistic-thugs--i-did-it-all-for-the-wookiees-
32 Thrawn (Mitth'raw'nuruodo)
27 Lobot
115 Wookiee Thug x5
13 Amanin Scout
8 Mas Amedda
3 Mouse Droid
2 Kneesaa, Ewok Princess

Reinforcements:
10 Droopy McCool
5 Salacious Crumb
5 Caamasi Noble

I chose the left. In round 2 I hit a wookiee for 40 and lost a trooper for my efforts. Another wookiee hit my Thrawn for 40.

Tim won the 3rd init, but I used the Ascendancy Commander's CE to give Thrawn a free turn to kill that wookiee. Tim then made his LEAST favourite move of the day and attempted to move past Thrawn to base him and a trooper, but he forgot that Thrawn has Deceptive and refused to take back his move, so Thrawn killed him wth 40dmg twins. After all my dudes have gone, the Amanin drops a wookiee behind my squad out of Disruptive range. The wookiee uses Backlash to hit the Ascendancy Commander for 60. Tim was expecting a kill here, as he forgot about Disruptive taking away Opportunist. In the final phase of round 3, a wookiee charges Thrawn, but he can't roll a 6 for the kill.

To make matters worse, I win the 4th initiative and kill the unlucky wookiee with Thrawn. Perhaps I also could have killed the damaged wookiee, but I'm not sure if the Ascendancy Commander's immediate free turn counts as your 1 activation. Anyway, the damaged wookiee finished off the Ascendancy Commander and misses a trooper twice. That trooper finishes off the wookiee. Tim cleverly locks Talon and Formbi in a lift and then swaps in the Amanin to kill a trooper. At this point I am up 107-99.

Round 5 I win init again and put 30 on the last wookiee with a trooper. The Amanin kills that trooper. my last trooper kills Lobot to free his commanders. Talon and Formbi then kill the Amanin. The wookiee kills Formbi. Tim is ahead 147-137!

I win yet another init, however, and Thrawn kills the last wookiee. Tim's best attacker is now Mas, so he's unable to finish off Thrawn before I get to 200 points. Final score 200-137.

My dice were so much better than Tim's this game, so I'm fairly confident Tim would win a rematch.
urbanjedi
Posted: Sunday, May 9, 2021 1:48:53 PM

TINT and I got our games in today.

Game 1
I played
http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/223739/io-triumphe-

Trevor played
http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/224296/bobas-talons

I won map but chose his map. Action started almost immediately. He found a line I hadn't seen to take out mira with his first act. In response, I dropped his Boba to 10hp because he missed both evades on the mandos shots. I tried to kill boba with montross missiles, but he made one of the saves. In hindsight, I am am not sure which is the better play. Hoping he fails both missiles saves (save 16) or hoping he fails one of the 2 evades (assuming I hit both needing like 3s). Probably works out about the same either way.

From there he kept his boba safe, and I chose not to overextend to take him down. I did win 2 or 3 key inits in a row. 1st one took out Mira, the other took out Embo (or maybe in reverse order). And I won a later init to finally finish off his boba. His dash died somewhere in between. His dash was very dash-like and couldn't hit any of the big shots (killed some uggies though).

At the end of the game my Mando was down to I think 50 (or 40) and Montross was on 20.

Urban Jedi won 3-0 (200-39)

Game 2
I played
http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/224209/js-tatas

TINT Played
http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/176259/jangalorn---gencon-2020-championship-winner

This game Trevor forgot to tell his guys to leave the nerf guns at home. He missed attack after attack after attack. Mira missed multiple times needing 6s, Vindicated missed (rolled multiple 1s), Kelborn missed (trying to take out embo), Jango missed multiple shots.

This game was brutal.

I played pretty well, but this is a game I should have lost (by a decent margin) and because of Trevors nerf guns, it was very not good for him.

Final score
Urban jedi 3-0 (200-70)

Thanks for the games Trevor.

The first one was pretty interesting cat and mouse, and the second one was just brutal.

TimmerB123
Posted: Monday, May 10, 2021 5:04:41 PM

urbanjedi secures a spot in the finals with an impressive sweep of tint!

also Fringe finally takes a loss!
Darth_Jim
Posted: Monday, May 10, 2021 7:25:33 PM

Mando and I played our first game tonight. He won the roll and chose dark side. Here is his squad:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/224150/ds-skorrched-earth

--DS Skorrched Earth--
56 Durge on Speeder
34 Neimoidians at Central Control Computer
33 Sora Bulq
30 Dengar, Bounty Hunter
25 General Kalani, Separatist Hero
14 BX Commando Droid Infiltrator
5 Porg
4 Battle Droid

(201pts. 8 activations)

I ran:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/218820/skywalker-soda

--Skywalker Soda--
61 Cade Skywalker, Bounty Hunter
48 Luke Skywalker, Galactic Hero
29 Ganner Rhysode
20 Danni Quee
20 Yoda, Force Spirit
8 R7 Astromech Droid
5 Killik Drone
6 Mouse Droid x2
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist

(200pts. 10 activations)

I won map roll... he set up on the right. At the end of the round, Cade dropped 80 on the Central Control Computer. Then he won init, which he did for the entire game. So... that was the only 80 I put on it all game because at first he put someone in the way, then just got in my grill for the rest of the game. He tried a strafe with Durge early which didn't net him enough damage to make it worthwhile, and I was able to kill him with Cade and Luke. We later agreed that he should have waited to strafe. He kept the pressure on and brought Sora in to try and take out Cade, Ganner and Danni. Luck was pretty even in the game except for that sequence. He did get Ganner, but he couldn't kill Cade and had some bad attack rolls, and Cade made all of his splash saves with 10hp left. Cade killed Sora and went to hide, while Luke Surprised Tol Skorr with a Knight Speed/ Move Faster MotF 2 combo to drop him. That was pretty much it. I won 200-108. Our final game... the game that will decide which one of us moves on to play Jason... will be Wednesday at 9est. It will be Republic vs Imperial.

Mando
Posted: Monday, May 10, 2021 7:41:29 PM

Just a small edit. 30pt dengar on my squad was sub for V21 Tol Skorr. Fun match! I've never had the chance to play against Darth Jim before and it was one of the most fun game nights I've had in a long time! He's a great player and whoever wins our next game on Wednesday night, It'll be a nice way to end the 5 rounds of this tournament.
TimmerB123
Posted: Tuesday, May 11, 2021 6:55:49 AM

Lightside is going to win this tournament, partially on the strength of Mandalorians, New Republic and Republic, but also partially from the Separatists weighing down the Darkside like an anvil, finishing 0-7!!!

2/3 urbanjedi's losses were when he ran the winless separatists. Mando and Darth_O also lost 2 with the Seps. Darth_Jim and thereisnotry were apparaently smart enough to not run them this tournament. Seps lost to all lightside factions except Old Republic (which they never played)

Fringe still ends up the top faction at a record of 5-1, with its only loss coming by the hands of a Talon Karrde Independent Outfit "Mandalorian" squad.

New Republic finished with a strong showing at 6-2, both losses coming from Yuuzhan Vong.

Yuuzhan Vong finished with the same percentage, but used half as much at 3-1, the loss coming from (coincidentally) New Republic

Mandalorians are 4-2 with one match to go (which on on paper should crush the Rogue One squad it has to face, leaving them at 5-2), 2 losses coming from Fringe and a surprise as Old Republic's only win.

All 4 of Old Republic's losses came in Lightside's disastrous round 1 to leave them at a disappointing 1-4

Imperials have one game left with a disappointing 1-4 as of now. Their one win came against the 2-2 (likely soon to be 2-3) rebels.

After a strong start, Sith finished 3-3, and Republic is sitting at 3-2 with one match to go.
Mando
Posted: Tuesday, May 11, 2021 7:17:25 AM

I think what we can conclude from this tournament is that Seperatists need a little more help in the upcoming v-sets to be competeitive again. the one good thing they have done for me in the 2 games i played with them was that they were good enough to get me a 1pt loss both times. I feel that outside of the droids and the Cad Bane sep squads, the living seperatists just don't have a good squad still despite getting great pieces like Tol Skorr and some of the Dooku's. 0-7 is pretty telling as to how they have faired in against an assortment of good squads from other factions.
TimmerB123
Posted: Tuesday, May 11, 2021 1:48:19 PM

All 4 Separatists in Vset 22 are living and boost only other living.
TimmerB123
Posted: Wednesday, May 12, 2021 11:19:05 AM

A lighthearted finger shake at Darth_Jim for playing Imperials 2 rounds in a row! (rounds 2 and 3)

It doesn't really matter, I'm 100% sure it wasn't on purpose.
TimmerB123
Posted: Wednesday, May 12, 2021 11:19:42 AM

Those in the finals who played a greater variety of factions will be rewarded.
Darth_Jim
Posted: Wednesday, May 12, 2021 11:34:23 AM

TimmerB123 wrote:
A lighthearted finger shake at Darth_Jim for playing Imperials 2 rounds in a row! (rounds 2 and 3)

It doesn't really matter, I'm 100% sure it wasn't on purpose.

It wasn't. I tried it again this round but Mando caught it, fortunately. I totally forgot about that rule.

At least I did it with one of the least successful factions.