RegisterDonateLogin

Now quicker, easier, more seductive.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Balance Committee Announcement 8/6/2021 Options
jen'ari
Posted: Sunday, August 8, 2021 5:54:28 PM
Groups: Member

DarkDracul wrote:
Mira was fine and we didn't want to make a change to her.

????? Mira is the reason why Rigged Detonators is a problem.... considering it is on another piece and no one cares. Mira is the difference maker.

Mira is the 28 point piece put in every squad. I guarantee you this change does very little to stop people from playing Mira in a ton of squads. She still fits perfectly in the Vinidicated squad. She still fits perfectly in the Talon and Jabba squads. She is almost as powerful as she just was. Like I said before Grenades "40" auto is often preferred over shooting anyway.
Her power level went from a 10 to a 9.6

FlyingArrow
Posted: Sunday, August 8, 2021 6:11:54 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

From 11 to 10.
jen'ari
Posted: Sunday, August 8, 2021 6:13:50 PM

FlyingArrow wrote:
From 11 to 10.

Mira was not an 11. Daala was an 11. New Jabba is a 10.5.
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Monday, August 9, 2021 6:52:31 AM

Would Mira be worth 28 pts if she did not have Rigged Detonators? (before or after the change)
Would Zam be worth 44pts without it?
Is Zam still worth 44 pts after the change?
(could be in a different thread, but relevant enough here)
jak
Posted: Monday, August 9, 2021 7:33:04 AM

Cassus fett wrote:
jak wrote:
I find it shameful that you chuckle heads are all worked up over a GD gameThumbDown ,
and you all seem to busy to raise a glass BlooMilk to SquelchDog

Concern trolling isn’t cool B.

[edited out language and name calling. You can disagree but keep it civil -adamb0nd]

you should check the meaning of the words and phases you use
I'm NOT trying to derail the this thread
just think some of you children should pay attention to what's important

don't engage in a battle of wits with me
you are clearly unarmed
Udorian84
Posted: Monday, August 9, 2021 8:33:08 AM

jak wrote:

you are clearly unarmed

"Twice the Pride, Double the fall". (had to)

I do agree jak that we should stop and see what is truly important. Some of us may not have seen the thread.
Cassus fett
Posted: Monday, August 9, 2021 9:09:41 AM

jak wrote:
Cassus fett wrote:
jak wrote:
I find it shameful that you chuckle heads are all worked up over a GD gameThumbDown ,
and you all seem to busy to raise a glass BlooMilk to SquelchDog

Concern trolling isn’t cool B.

[edited out language and name calling. You can disagree but keep it civil -adamb0nd]

you should check the meaning of the words and phases you use
I'm NOT trying to derail the this thread
just think some of you children should pay attention to what's important

you are clearly unarmed

Speaking only for myself.

I never once interacted with that user. So frankly, your suggestion that I stop over at the memorial thread and raise a BlooMilk to him is offensive. I think that pretending I knew him dishonors both his memory and myself.

Now, you absolutely attempted to derail the thread and shame everybody with your OP, you've even admitted it now in your second (moderator curated) post. "You children should pay attention to what's important." Literally saying the memorial thread is more important and we should all be over there instead of here.

This is not the thread for SquelchDog, it as a thread for people to argue about a balance committee decision. Which is what everyone was doing, in the appropriate place. Sorry us children were doing what we do and you didn't like it.
Udorian84
Posted: Monday, August 9, 2021 9:22:20 AM

Cassus fett wrote:

I never once interacted with that user. So frankly, your suggestion that I stop over at the memorial thread and raise a BlooMilk to him is offensive. I think that pretending I knew him dishonors both his memory and myself.

Now, you absolutely attempted to derail the thread and shame everybody with your OP, you've even admitted it now in your second (moderator curated) post. "You children should pay attention to what's important." Literally saying the memorial thread is more important and we should all be over there instead of here.

This is not the thread for SquelchDog, it as a thread for people to argue about a balance committee decision. Which is what everyone was doing, in the appropriate place. Sorry us children were doing what we do and you didn't like it.

Jak is right that people should have responded a bit more in that thread. Speaking as someone who has lost close friends, family, etc (I am sure we all) it is always appropriate and respectful to stop and think about someone. You don't know this individual but the thread writes down some information about him.
A disrupted thread for people to reflect on someone who was a part of the community is not a bad thing. He, Squelchdog, is a part of the game and thus we do have something in common. There is a thread of connection rather you want it or not. But to fight so vehemently against stopping by on a thread and raising a toast to one who has joined with the force is sad to me. I have no idea who Jak is, but maybe this was a good reminder for him where he is in life. The thread made me do a little reflection as well. Life will end for us all. It would be nice to be remembered in the small things we impacted and be respected for those little connections we have with others. We are all mortal and we all make connections. Anytime there is a memorial post I will raise my glass even though I barely know anyone. It is the least I can do just to say "I recognize your life and your battle and I will be with you in the hereafter". Maybe I will meet this squelchdog and I will have something in common with him.

Cassus fett
Posted: Monday, August 9, 2021 9:30:39 AM

Udorian84 wrote:
Cassus fett wrote:

Jak is right that people should have responded a bit more in that thread. Speaking as someone who has lost close friends, family, etc (I am sure we all) it is always appropriate and respectful to stop and think about someone. You don't know this individual but the thread writes down some information about him.
A disrupted thread for people to reflect on someone who was a part of the community is not a bad thing. He, Squelchdog, is a part of the game and thus we do have something in common. There is a thread of connection rather you want it or not. But to fight so vehemently against stopping by on a thread and raising a toast to one who has joined with the force is sad to me. I have no idea who Jak is, but maybe this was a good reminder for him where he is in life. The thread made me do a little reflection as well. Life will end for us all. It would be nice to be remembered in the small things we impacted and be respected for those little connections we have with others. We are all mortal and we all make connections. Anytime there is a memorial post I will raise my glass even though I barely know anyone. It is the least I can do just to say "I recognize your life and your battle and I will be with you in the hereafter". Maybe I will meet this squelchdog and I will have something in common with him.

Good for you.
Udorian84
Posted: Monday, August 9, 2021 9:43:08 AM

Cassus fett wrote:

Good for you.[/quote]

What exactly are you referencing? I have not had the chance to meet you. Do you play? I have not heard any play reports of yours but you do seem invested in the game. I am interested because you may as well be SquelchDog to me. Don't worry I will raise a glass for you as well! (even if you don't care)
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Monday, August 9, 2021 10:28:16 AM

Whether not someone posts to one thread or another is up to that individual's choice. Keep that in mind. No one is here to force someone to do anything they do not want to do. (as the Force does not really exist...hopefully that is not a spoiler for anyone)
As such, please keep the comments in this thread to the topic at hand.
If you want to discuss the differences of life and how people interact with each other, please go to the General forum and start another thread. However, keep it civil. BlooMilk
Thank you.
jen'ari
Posted: Monday, August 9, 2021 4:36:08 PM

Cassus fett wrote:

[Gotta keep the name calling out of it. It's possible to disagree and convey disapproval without attacking. -adamb0nd]

I hope his family doesn't see this.
AceAce
Posted: Tuesday, August 10, 2021 5:44:27 AM

Doubtful they are on Bloomilk. I am sure they have better things to do.

The fact is.. I love Zam and rarely play here because 44 points is steep. That said, she and Mira as still very good with boosts especially. Zam is fine as is as she is cloaked to boot and can shoot or missile at her leisure. The change is fine with RD, it is better than what she (Mira especially,) possessed just weeks ago. Now...on to the broken Jabba
AceAce
Posted: Tuesday, August 10, 2021 5:48:12 AM

About that Jabba...people (myself included,) need to playtest more now and in the future. Anyone is welcome to do it and the help would be immense. Perhaps with more people with varied perspectives offering input, we could avoid the pieces that are broken and squeeze through. When the designers are the only ones playtesting it is difficult as they are juggling that and other character design concerns. SWM NEEDS YOU!
TimmerB123
Posted: Tuesday, August 10, 2021 8:14:09 AM

AceAce wrote:
About that Jabba...people (myself included,) need to playtest more now and in the future. Anyone is welcome to do it and the help would be immense. Perhaps with more people with varied perspectives offering input, we could avoid the pieces that are broken and squeeze through. When the designers are the only ones playtesting it is difficult as they are juggling that and other character design concerns. SWM NEEDS YOU!

Very much agreed. I was virtually entirely absent during the making of Jabba, or I would have jumped all over it. The NUMBER ONE thing I watch out for is damage stacking. This piece gives +4/+10 that INTENTIONALLY STACKS with Bib Fortuna’s (situational) +4/+10. There was a reason Bib Fortuna has rival for Talon Karrde, and it ain’t in-universe related! That’s not even to mention all his other goodies. His net cost is 15. That’s insane. Double canon shot, tight security, bounty hunter body guards and making any single bounty hunter Hutt cartel!?! Then stack that with another overpowered piece (Talia), which made an amazing piece (Asajj Nightsister) EVEN BETTER! It’s just too much
jen'ari
Posted: Tuesday, August 10, 2021 9:42:03 AM

If it wasn't for Jabba Mando's would be the 1st 2nd and 3rd best squads. Jabba is great for the game!

Things beating the staples is a GOOD thing. It is healthy. It allows other squads that would lose to Mando's become viable options because they do better against Jabba. Then it becomes more balanced.

Face it. The Balance committee has not done what it is supposed to do in balancing the game. They continually listen to these whiny voices and spend the time they are not being "lethargic" on things that are not actual balance issues. Until every faction has a chance to at least place in the top 4 the balance committee has failed.

Play a vset 22 piece is synonymous with make a subpar squad. That shouldn't be the case. It is the case because any change at the top that isn't liked by a few people is questioned to death and steam rolled over.

I'd rather have Republic put out a power 11 piece than another show of Power 8 pieces. A matter of fact I would rather have an errata on an existing piece to make it a power 10-11 piece then wait for more power 8 garbage.
Blah Blah Words
Posted: Tuesday, August 10, 2021 9:49:46 AM

Kudos to fixing this ruling some 10 years later when it stopped suiting you to have it play the way it has for this long.

This is just the whole transfer essence + force ghost thing all over again.

You all (you know who you are) cheese until someone cheeses you harder. Afterwards you set out to ‘fix’ something that you knew full well was busted for years, but only because you didn't figure it out first.

I wonder why people are so uninterested in contributing to future vsets? We need a poll!
DarthMaim
Posted: Tuesday, August 10, 2021 11:03:53 AM

thereisnotry wrote:
Great news! Thanks, all of you on the Balance Committee who wrestled with this. I think this will make a subtle, but noticeable difference going forward.

There are obviously other things yet to be decided (as per the Suggestions thread), but I'm glad to see that things are moving along.

EDIT: And fwiw, I would totally support a cost fix to Zam BH to account for this shift in RD.

+1.

Bring Zam's cost down to 37 pts ThumpUp
jak
Posted: Tuesday, August 10, 2021 11:09:21 AM

Blah Blah Words wrote:
Kudos to fixing this ruling some 10 years later when it stopped suiting you to have it play the way it has for this long.

This is just the whole transfer essence + force ghost thing all over again.

You all (you know who you are) cheese until someone cheeses you harder. Afterwards you set out to ‘fix’ something that you knew full well was busted for years, but only because you didn't figure it out first.

I wonder why people are so uninterested in contributing to future vsets? We need a poll!

ROFL
it's like DNA
when the same people ae designing, playtesting, and balancing things
your gonna get some f-ups

can't mate with your cousin and expect a healthy baby
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Tuesday, August 10, 2021 11:10:18 AM

That much?
Her missiles still hit auto...so either 30 or 60 (if can do twice) auto damage...and her attack is phenomenal, plus the extra 30 damage on 50hp or less. Oh...and Cloaked.
Maybe just down to 40 pts?
(if at all...)