RegisterDonateLogin

Will return...and in greater numbers.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

October Long-Form Vassal Tournament Squads, Pairings, and Results Thread Options
Udorian84
Posted: Friday, October 7, 2022 11:40:58 AM
Groups: Member

TimmerB123 wrote:
UrbanShmi wrote:
Looking forward to some Depa on Depa action this round!

Confused

Yeah, Soresu Style Mastery vs Soresu Style Mastery sounds like SO MUCH FUN! Just grab a bag of quarters and see who flips more heads. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Fun for days.ThumbDown

Sounds kind of like the movie and comics that we see to be honest. It is not like they "hit" that often. I love the suspense of seeing who is going to get through the defense! I don't know about Depa Billaba being a Soresu Master, but Jedi were pretty versatile.
TimmerB123
Posted: Saturday, October 8, 2022 11:27:08 AM

Udorian84 wrote:
TimmerB123 wrote:
UrbanShmi wrote:
Looking forward to some Depa on Depa action this round!

Confused

Yeah, Soresu Style Mastery vs Soresu Style Mastery sounds like SO MUCH FUN! Just grab a bag of quarters and see who flips more heads. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Fun for days.ThumbDown

Sounds kind of like the movie and comics that we see to be honest. It is not like they "hit" that often. I love the suspense of seeing who is going to get through the defense! I don't know about Depa Billaba being a Soresu Master, but Jedi were pretty versatile.

Different people have different ideas of what fun is. To me - this would be the antithesis.
Udorian84
Posted: Saturday, October 8, 2022 2:08:38 PM

TimmerB123 wrote:

Different people have different ideas of what fun is. To me - this would be the antithesis.

Gotcha. I love it! I love Jedi defending themselves! My antithesis is probably vong haha.
thereisnotry
Posted: Saturday, October 8, 2022 5:47:46 PM

The antithesis of fun for me is not being able to play the game because my opponent is hiding.
urbanjedi
Posted: Saturday, October 8, 2022 6:06:12 PM

urbanjedi beats TINT 179-152

I won map, he set up on the right. I took the left setting up the nexus close to gambit but with none of my other guys close. Set Harth took the holocron and we played for positioning in the first round. Second round, I moved in with swoop deep to take out 3 acts with set harth hitting a sith pawn. He powered up cognus with force suppression, and powered up exar with dark aura. I moved vader into the gambit area at the end of round 2, while he was setting up an init win and set harth kill with his imperial agent.

He won the init and missed one of the shots on set harth needing only a 3. Set Harth couldn't hit anything on the return shots and the holocron allured him around the corner to try and hide. cognus and hord were swinging their foam sabers at vader eating up lots of fprr. Vader was spending 2 FP to defense when he needed to. One key move was either this round or the next round where I used a rodian to take out exar since it was getting FP from holosid and he failed the save and a nexus reroll. Ochi moved down to try and work on the imperial agent but missed.

The next round he won init again, and again tried to take out set harth but needed a 7 since he wasn't getting carefull shot and missed again. This time Set came up adjacent and took out the agent rolling hot (including a crit). Cognus and hord kept waving their foam lifesabers and vader kept surviving and ochi threw some shots at cognus but missed. At the end of the round I set up my XT at the end of the round to hopefully win init.

The next round I did win init and Vader got a crit through cognus on a sweep (hord made the SSM so didn't get to teleport and finish off vader). Then I Sacced the XT and Ochi came in and finished off Cognus trying to stay as far away from hord as possible. Hord finally killed vader needing even more FPRR, and my nexus died. His holocron was also used up as I had taken some FP off it with some of my scrubs. Time had been called earlier this round so the final score was 179-152.

2pt for urban jedi
1pt for TINT
Udorian84
Posted: Sunday, October 9, 2022 4:21:04 AM

thereisnotry wrote:
The antithesis of fun for me is not being able to play the game because my opponent is hiding.

Interesting.
UrbanShmi
Posted: Sunday, October 9, 2022 5:57:12 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Udorian84 wrote:
thereisnotry wrote:

Interesting.

This is maybe a discussion for another thread. Let's try to keep it to results and play reports.
UrbanShmi
Posted: Sunday, October 9, 2022 2:11:10 PM

UrbanShmi over Randy, 235-94, on Imperial Checkpoint

I won map, and Randy set up on the right. The first round I blew some doors and ran Depa and Caleb into Gambit with the Holocron while Randy brought some of his forces through the central room and some around the side to try to get to his Mission point. At the top of the second round, I activated the Holocron and turned on Light Inspiration for the RDE for Caleb. Randy ran Crosshair into the main room in an effort to take out R2, but rolled a 1. I towed up Anakin and ran him to try to take out Crosshair, who was within six of the Holocron. I missed, hit on the reroll, and missed again, leaving Crosshair with 30. Randy ran Wrecker up to try to wreck Caleb, but the damage didn't stick through the Soresu reroll. Caleb ran up, needing 13s because he was out of range of Depa, and hit all 4, including a crit, to kill Wrecker. Coleman Trebor speeded up to finish off Tech. We moved some more pieces around, and it was time for Gambit and init.

In the third round, things started to get really messy/interesting. Anakin charged into Depa with Overwhelming Force 2, putting 70 on her. Depa retaliated with two crits to kill Anakin where he stood. Caleb came down and got attacked by Hunter and Tech, who got him down to 10, but couldn't kill him. Randy's Caleb also died during this time. I towed my Twi'lek down to try to kill Hunter with a Flurry, but missed one. Meanwhile, I had gotten his Depa down to 20 HP, but mine was also hurting from a couple of well-placed Gauntlet Knives. In the fourth round, we traded some more blows (my Caleb died, as did his Tech and Hunter). My Twi'lek dealt the final blow to Tech, then turned to Depa with the last two of her Flurry. HIT, SAVE, HIT, FAIL, REROLL, FAIL.

Randy played a great game when the dice definitely didn't seem to like him much (several missed attacks and saves), and I enjoyed seeing what my squad could do. Always a pleasure.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Sunday, October 9, 2022 7:07:25 PM

FlyingArrow over Udorian on Desert Marketplace
2-1
175ish to 140ish. I'll get the exact score and do a writeup later. I saved a logfile.
Udorian84
Posted: Sunday, October 9, 2022 7:15:14 PM

^^^ My follow up report goes like this. I won every Initiative! and I love the Revan piece and I love Fennec. It was a slow start mostly because I was so afraid all the time to really go out there (we got 6 rounds in so not crazy slow but I felt like the beginning I played slower then normal). But FA had one move that really destroyed me. I never saw it coming. Great Game!
UrbanShmi
Posted: Monday, October 10, 2022 3:35:03 AM

I have submitted my squad for the next two rounds. If you are switching, you may send me your squad information at any time. If you do not send me a new squad by noon on Friday, I will assume that you are not switching.

Have fun!
Darth_Jim
Posted: Monday, October 10, 2022 12:38:06 PM

I have been entrusted with the Sacred Squad of Shmi.
Udorian84
Posted: Tuesday, October 11, 2022 5:16:42 PM

Darth_Jim wrote:
I have been entrusted with the Sacred Squad of Shmi.

Her squads truly are sacred. She comes up with some very fun stuff.

I am excited about my next squad!
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Wednesday, October 12, 2022 10:46:00 AM

gandalfthegreatestwizard 221-164 Mando on Imperial Checkpoint

Trevor deferred and I set up on the right with Bane in the middle.

Round 2 Vader came up to do a Dominant Force Grab, putting 20 on the Agent and Gunner. Tulak came in to put some damage on Vader and Bane took the Easy Path to base him too. Plagueis ran up and got Dominated by his apprentice (took 3 rerolls to fail the save) and dropped a bunch of damage on Bane. Bane and the Agent finished off Vader, and Ochi came up to shoot at Bane.

Round 3 Plagueis damaged Bane some more but wasn't quite able to finish him off with some poor rolls. Bane then took down Plagueis in a turn with some very good rolls (1 crit and 2 Juyo hits). Ochi did a Tactical Assault on Tulak, Bane and the Agent and killed the Agent, then was Dominated by Sidious to finish off Bane as well, and Tulak Hord became the master with Rule of Two. Tulak and the Gunner killed Ochi.

Round 4 Vongerella killed the Missionary, and Tulak finished the game by taking down Sidious.
spryguy1981
Posted: Wednesday, October 12, 2022 11:17:00 AM

Spry beats Tim 3-0 on Desert Marketplace 222-61

This game was the tale of Tim's very bad dice. We traded Cara Dune's early, the difference being he had to use Whistling Birds to only hit Cara after he locked her in the central room to avoid the rest of my squad shooting him. I got the door open with Iggy's cutting torch and was then able to fly my Din in and hit 5 or 6 targets including his Din, Fennic, and Cobb. Armorer and Cobb run in and beat on Din some. The Armorer then finishes off Fennic and Tim's Cobb kills his Din. (btw Armorer is awesome). My Cobb kills his Cobb. Definitely could've been a closer game had Tim been able to roll above an 8.
UrbanShmi
Posted: Wednesday, October 12, 2022 12:17:32 PM

Here’s how we stand after two rounds:

Tourney: October Long Form Tournament
Leaderboard after 2 rounds.
1: 6 Points: Spryguy1981 - WW
2: 5 Points: FlyingArrow - WW
3: 5 Points: Urbanjedi - WW
4: 4 Points: N3rdSl4y3r - LW
5: 4 Points: Thereisnotry - WL
6: 4 Points: UrbanShmi - LW
7: 4 Points: Udorian84 - WL
8: 4 Points: Gandalfthegreatestwizard- LW
9: 3 Points: TimmerB123 - WL
10: 2 Points: Mando - LL
11: 1 Points: Randy - LL

----- Generated using Tourney Tracker -----
--- Copyright 2018 Aytech Solutions Ltd ---

I’ll hold off on pairings until I have confirmation on who’s switching squads.
Udorian84
Posted: Wednesday, October 12, 2022 4:01:09 PM

UrbanShmi wrote:

I’ll hold off on pairings until I have confirmation on who’s switching squads.

AWESOME! I love the 3 point and 2 point wins and the 1 point losses. Makes it so interesting! Get your squads in! I want to play some more!
urbanjedi
Posted: Wednesday, October 12, 2022 4:20:13 PM

sent in my new squad
Udorian84
Posted: Thursday, October 13, 2022 8:45:56 AM

A lot of Sith squads the last time. Very curious about what we Will see this time.
UrbanShmi
Posted: Thursday, October 13, 2022 4:57:16 PM

Thanks to those who have sent me their new squads/let me know they're not switching.

Anyone else changing squads? Let me know by noon tomorrow.