RegisterDonateLogin

Allies within 6 squares gain Bloo Milk.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

October Long-Form Vassal Tournament Squads, Pairings, and Results Thread Options
Udorian84
Posted: Sunday, October 30, 2022 8:44:17 AM
Groups: Member

TimmerB123 wrote:
Udorian84 wrote:
. Nexus is a tier 1 piece that hasnt had other pieces to make it into a tier 1 squad.

You mean except for the squad that won Gen Con this year?

Well. I never like to talk about this type of stuff because I don't want to take away from the gencon winner. If we are being 100% honest we have to look at like this: 5 players is not really a great example. AceAce (I copied his squad for this event!) admitted to not ever even playing the squad before hand. Gen Con this year was not ultra competitive. Han Galactic Hero was played. Like has been discussed a lot after the Vassalcon. People don't play the best of the best.
jen'ari
Posted: Sunday, October 30, 2022 9:09:05 AM

TimmerB123 wrote:
Udorian84 wrote:
. Nexus is a tier 1 piece that hasnt had other pieces to make it into a tier 1 squad.

You mean except for the squad that won Gen Con this year?

You mean Gen Con*

(see the asterick?)
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Sunday, October 30, 2022 1:34:49 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I'd like to watch these semi-finals if I can (probably someone else will too), so make sure to post when you are going to play them.
Udorian84
Posted: Sunday, October 30, 2022 1:48:51 PM

gandalfthegreatestwizard wrote:
I'd like to watch these semi-finals if I can (probably someone else will too), so make sure to post when you are going to play them.

Playing Tuesday at 9:30 Eastern 8:30 Central!
thereisnotry
Posted: Monday, October 31, 2022 8:27:53 AM

thereisnotry defeats Spryguy1981 200-75 (3-0)

Matt "won" the map roll (we both had the same map) so he chose Desert Marketplace, and I set up on the right. Battle Ready allowed Din and Fennec to advance in the big room on the left.

Round 1: Mostly positioning, but then at the end of the round the Nexus used Easy Path to push Tulak to open a door, then Tulak moved to attack Fennec with Rage (hoping to bring her down to 20hp), but I missed the attack and the reroll so she was just fine. Tulak took some damage from Boba in return and teleported out of LOS. Fennec then brought Tulak down to 60hp with two grenades (uh oh, not good!).

Round 2: I won init and moved Tulak past Din (made the SSM with a fprr), and he was effective this time, bringing Fennec to 20hp. Boba put 20dmg on Tulak, who used Sith Reflexes to finish of an unactivated Fennec (Tulak down to 40 now). Black K moved up and took damage from the Nexus, Exar turned on his Dark Aura and moved into the center room. Matt's dudes made some ineffective attacks vs Tulak (high Def and Soresu kept him alive). Ochi got lucky with good dice to kill Matt's R7 droid. Cognus brought Black K down to 90hp. Sheev zapped Black K for another 20, leaving him at just above half health.

Round 3: Matt won init, but Cognus used Surprise Attack to bring Black K to 20hp...his attacks were now Overwhelming, so Cognus quickly fell to 60hp. Cognus finished off the wookiee, and then Sheev charged in to miss Din with Force Dash. At this point Din Djarin charged in (giving up some AoOs) to use Whistling Birds, bringing Tulak to 10hp; Tulak put some damage on him via Sith Reflexes, bringing Din to 50hp. Ochi attacked Din, dropping him to 10hp. Tulak then activated to finish off Din. Boba flew in to use Knee Rockets to kill Tulak. Now Boba and the TBSV remain, vs 60hp Cognus, and full health Sheev and Ochi. The TBSV shot Sheev, who was then pulled by the Nexus to the Holocron, because it didn't want to be forlorn.

Round 4: Matt won init and had to decide whether to try to kill Cognus (needing a 13 three times) or Ochi...he went for Ochi, but Doctrine of Fear made some attacks miss, so he lived with 30hp. I then sacrificed the XT-6 droid to swarm on Boba, bringing him to 10hp. The TBSV ran up to be ready for the next round. Boba 10hp, TBSV 40hp, Cognus 60hp, Sheev 70hp, Ochi 30hp.

Round 5: I won init, so I used Cognus' Surprise Attack to kill the TBSV, and then Ochi finished off Boba. That was the end of a nail-biter of a game!

Tulak taking a lot of damage early forced me to have to play very careful with him. My careful positioning prevented Whistling Birds from being more devastating than it could've been. The Nexus and Dark Aura was just a pain in the neck for Matt's pieces to deal with. Fennec is dynamite for her cost...especially with Boba, who allows her to double-Grenade (with save 15s).

As always, it was fun to play with Matt. Thanks for the game!

FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, November 1, 2022 7:16:09 PM

FlyingArrow over Udorian 202-80

I won map roll. We played on Imperial Checkpoint. Udorian chose right side.

Exar haunts Celeste. Watto slaves Boba.
Nexus set up in gambit room on the bottom. Caedus and Holocron adjacent.

I lost Ree-Yees on the advance to accurate Boba, so Udorian took an early lead.

The top two doors to the gambit room were both blown, and Barriss ran in for her Mines fun (6fp for two SBMs). Boba rolled well and took only 20dmg from Mines, but landed next to Caedus who hit him for another 20. Celeste took 40dmg from Mines and an uggie died. Tulak reached Caedus and got 30dmg through.

Top of the next round, Udorian wins init. Caedus used Aing-Tii and hit Boba for 60 with Cunning this time and then pushed him back to Barriss for enough Mines to defeat him. Celeste made all her saves.

Tulak jumps over to try to kill Barriss, but leaves her at 20hp.

Then Caedus activates and does another double-SBM, this time using Force points from the Nexus for the 2nd one. Tulak can't be moved, of course, and he's a road block that also keeps Celeste away from Caedus. Celeste rolls 6 mines saves and makes 4, leaving her at 30hp. Barriss activates and gets 20dmg through on Celeste, and then an XT-6 lets Amanoa run 10 squares and put the 10dmg through on Celeste. That also popped the ghost.

With Tulak teleporting around and Malakili healing him, I never did track him down to kill him. But by the end I did defeat Malakili and everyone but Tulak and 2 uggies. Tulak took out Amanoa and Barriss and about half of Fennec's HP.

Good game and a really tough squad!
Udorian84
Posted: Tuesday, November 1, 2022 7:24:10 PM

WOW! My first Caedus experience and it was crazy! FlyingArrow plays it so smooth! I made one mistake that really cost me big time. My saves were so incredible (I think I rolled 4 20s for saves and 2 19s). I was hoping to make a Rakghoul but couldn't. Great Game and I always say if I lose I just hope it is a fun way to lose and this was fun.
UrbanShmi
Posted: Tuesday, November 1, 2022 10:13:18 PM

Our finals are set: thereisnotry vs FlyingArrow!

If either of you would like to switch squads, please let me know and send the squad information to me by noon on Thursday, November 3rd.

Congrats and thanks to everyone who played. This was my first time running a longform tournament, and I had a lot of fun. I hope you did too.
Udorian84
Posted: Wednesday, November 2, 2022 3:37:57 AM

UrbanShmi wrote:

Congrats and thanks to everyone who played. This was my first time running a longform tournament, and I had a lot of fun. I hope you did too.

Thank you for hosting! and it was an absolute blast! We should try to fit in a one day tournie before the Holidays kick into gear. I can do Sunday Nov 13th.

Good luck in the finals TINT and FA!
Caedus
Posted: Wednesday, November 2, 2022 4:56:43 AM

Udorian84 wrote:
WOW! My first Caedus experience and it was crazy! FlyingArrow plays it so smooth! I made one mistake that really cost me big time. My saves were so incredible (I think I rolled 4 20s for saves and 2 19s). I was hoping to make a Rakghoul but couldn't. Great Game and I always say if I lose I just hope it is a fun way to lose and this was fun.

I hate that I love that beautiful, horrific, infuriating squad.
jen'ari
Posted: Wednesday, November 2, 2022 6:22:16 AM

Caedus wrote:

I hate that I love that beautiful, horrific, infuriating squad.

as such is the temptation of the Dark Side!
UrbanShmi
Posted: Thursday, November 3, 2022 10:00:08 AM

Sorry for the late post. Here are the squads for the FINALS!

thereisnotry:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/239922/beefy-sith

--Beefy Sith--
50 Darth Cognus
42 Tulak Hord, Lord of Hate
40 Imperial Agent
18 Dark Force Nexus
14 Exar Kun, Dark Force Spirit
13 Sith Holocron
10 Sith Guard x2
4 Sith Recruit
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2
3 XT-6 Droid

(200pts. 12 activations)

Map: Desert Marketplace

FlyingArrow:

Netdecking spry...

41 Din Djarin
32 Fennec Shand
32 IG-11
31 Cara Dune
27 Cobb Vanth
26 The Armorer
5 Killik Drone
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist
3 Mouse Droid

200pts 9 Act

Good luck to both players!
Udorian84
Posted: Thursday, November 3, 2022 10:55:16 AM

Interesting that TINT went back to the Imperial Agent.

I don't know about that Din... But FlyingArrow is a tricky adversary. I am excited for the final!

Let us know when it is please.
thereisnotry
Posted: Thursday, November 3, 2022 11:20:26 AM

Udorian84 wrote:
We're currently communicating via BM and we'll post here when we've picked a time.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, November 3, 2022 1:29:53 PM

Udorian84 wrote:
Interesting that TINT went back to the Imperial Agent.

I don't know about that Din... But FlyingArrow is a tricky adversary. I am excited for the final!

Spry went undefeated with it, so we'll see how it goes.
urbanjedi
Posted: Thursday, November 3, 2022 6:02:07 PM

thereisnotry wrote:
Udorian84 wrote:
We're currently communicating via BM and we'll post here when we've picked a time.

Hopefully we can try and do a SHNN and commentate the game
thereisnotry
Posted: Saturday, November 5, 2022 11:01:17 AM

urbanjedi wrote:
thereisnotry wrote:
Udorian84 wrote:

Hopefully we can try and do a SHNN and commentate the game
I haven’t heard back from TJ yet so everything I say here is subject to change:

We are currently looking at 9:30 eastern, this Sunday evening. If not that, then perhaps the same time on Tuesday evening.

Again, this isn’t final yet. I just wanted to give an update because Sunday evening is coming up soon and (if that does end up being the time) then I think it’ll be good to get the SHNN in on this if that’s possible…and hey, spectators are always welcome!

We’ll post an update here once we’ve finalized our plans.
thereisnotry
Posted: Saturday, November 5, 2022 9:09:40 PM

Ok, it’s official: TUESDAY evening November 8 at 9:30 (eastern time). Not Sunday.

Anyone who wants to watch will be welcome.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, November 8, 2022 8:30:49 PM

UrbanShmi wrote:

Netdecking spry...

41 Din Djarin
32 Fennec Shand
32 IG-11
31 Cara Dune
27 Cobb Vanth
26 The Armorer
5 Killik Drone
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist
3 Mouse Droid

200pts 9 Act

I meant to netdeck spry, but I'm not 100% sure I did. The above is what Laura posted in this thread for spry's first squad, and it's what I used in the championship game. However, spry's actual squad on bloomilk has 2 ugs instead of 1 ug + 1 mouse. I'm not sure which version he used when he was playing the squad in this tournament.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, November 8, 2022 8:45:19 PM

FlyingArrow over thereisnotry 195-193 in the finals. SHNN was watching, so there should be a link available to the audio of the commentary, and possibly a video as well.