RegisterDonateLogin

I recognized your Bloo stench when I was brought on board.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

The Versatility Gauntlet (Results and write-ups thread) (Galactic Attrition!) Options
TimmerB123
Posted: Friday, June 2, 2023 7:51:42 AM
Groups: Member

I don’t mean to keep everyone in suspense, I’m doing a thorough write-up and then had a dentist appointment get in the way. I’ll post in about an hour.
TimmerB123
Posted: Friday, June 2, 2023 9:52:51 AM

Phew, when a tricky situation! Minis keeps us on our toes, doesn't it!?!

First and foremost - thank you BOTH to cheich22 and thereisnotry for displaying outstanding sportsmanship on BOTH sides!

I'm going to lay it out as I see it, and then we'll move on. There is obviously some degree of subjectivity on how to rule because this is such a unique situation, but I am sincerely doing the best I can, judging only from the info I have.

If I have any of the FACTS of what happened wrong - please tell me and there may be reconsideration. Otherwise my judge ruling will stand.

So, let's talk about a couple things first.

When a character switches squads, nobody gets any points for it. If the player that "lost" the piece, then defeats that piece, that player gets the points for that piece that was originally theirs. Funky rules quirk, but that's how it works. This DID NOT happen here. Dooku remained standing, no points either way.

When time is up in a round, you finish the round and the game is done upon finishing the last activation. An additional round can be declared in specific circumstances. In a live tournament, a judge can award an additional round if there was (unintentional) slower play. (Even if it was on both sides.) It sounds like unintentional slower play WAS the case

If it was intentional slow play (illegal stalling), there can be another round rewarded only to the benefit of the non-offending player, but there is also other stuff that may happen. Warning, game-loss, disqualification. Luckily - THIS CLEARLY DID NOT HAPPEN.

A word on unintentional slower play vs illegal stalling - I honestly believe we don't really have the latter anymore in our community. We have a good group of players that love the game, and there's really nothing on the line but our own competitive nature. So I honestly haven't seen intentional stalling in over a decade. "Slower play" is actually very common. We've gone up in point totals (doubled from the game's inception), and the game has gotten EXPONENTIALLY more complicated. There are always squads that are more straightforward and play faster and others that are more complex and play slower. With the increase in complexity and power output - this is exacerbated. Then damage negating abilities also come into play and prolong games. It's ultimately an unfortunate reality that we need time limits at all, the game is far more satisfying when games are played to completion, but alas it's not always possible, and is increasingly more common that they don't finish. The meta does naturally narrow unfortunately because of this outside construct, but it is what it is.

How do we objectively decide if another round should be added when there is no judge present? This is tricky. The obvious answer is if both players agree. Now this does have a caveat, because this could lead some players to wanting an extra round (even subconsciously) because it would benefit both (to get the 3 and 1 points respectively). This SHOULD NOT be motivation to play another round. Even though it was mentioned here, it is clear this was not the main motivation. The only time an additional round should be added is if there was unitentional slower play and both players agree. THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED. (Also kudos to good sportsmanship in both players agreeing on this).

Once another round is agreed upon, the game ends immediately upon finishing the final activation of the round. No backtracking at this point - the round is played out, and ends no matter what at the finish of this round.

It's an unfortunate reality in our game now. TIME factors causes the most distention about anything, by far. It muddies the water on results, vs games going to completion. This is yet another example.

Sidenote on sportsmanship vs illegal. There are technically legal but subjectively unsportsmanlike things an opponent can do with regards to the time clock. An opponent can can run his barely-hanging-on-to-life pieces back to their side to hide while the clock runs out to deny an opponent a 3pt win (this clearly was not the case here). If I were a judge and saw this, I would tell them to play another round. Especially if slower play has been brought up prior to this point. I have seen this done by other judges in live tournaments more than once. It is not an illegal move to run your pieces away. Sometimes frankly, it's the RIGHT move. BUT - If slower play has been brought up already - this might be a prime case for an extra round to be added.

A word on adding an extra round - It's far better to play an extra round than not when there is a question. Winning because the game completes (or ends clearcut) is a far better result than because of the clock (especially when the power levels on the board show either side capable of winning). This shows GOOD SPORTSMANSHIP on BOTH sides that another round was agreed upon. As a judge, if slower play is part of the equation - PLAY ANOTHER ROUND. USUALLY the added round makes the result more clear cut. THIS DID NOT HAPPEN. Very rarely - the added round has something nutty happen. THIS IS ONE OF THOSE TIMES. Again, once the extra round was agreed upon (and it was the correct thing to do in this situation), then it is played out for good or for bad.

A word on communicating slower play. It sucks, and the unfortunate state of our game necessitates it - but we need to communicate if we feel the other player is playing slower. Do it in a nice way, but do communicate it. If it is brought up prior to the game end, that greatly supports things like adding an additional round.

I will reiterate - players SHOULD play an extra round if (unintentional) slower play is a factor, especially if it has been brought up during the game. This is an established method judges have at their discretion to use in these cases. It's far better to play one more round, after all - the game isn't finished, and we'd rather give an opportunity for it to in this case. Additionally - we have the advantage here of not having live tournament time restraints. Time limits only exist because of live tournaments, and have become the norm to use. But in this case we don't have to worry about the tournament finishing at a certain time of day. So play the extra round if it is appropriate, and frankly it's better to err on an extra round than not.

So now, a word on when a game FINISHES, when it's "automatically over" etc.

As we all know, the game ends at the end of a round when one or more players pass the game point level (200 here). A game also ends when one player has NO pieces left on the board. Neither of these happened.

There technically is no "automatically over". If there was TIME left in the game (clearly there was not, we were already into an additional round), then a player with no pieces that do any damage would likely concede and any judge would accept. That would be the correct and clearcut way to proceed both from a rules standpoint and sportsmanship. Again this is ONLY if there was time left. But this was NOT the case here.

Concessions - Any player can concede for any reason up until the time halfway point in the game and automatically it's 3-0 for their opponent. Officially if a game is over the halfway mark in time (this clearly was), a concession can only happy with a judge ruling. The judge needs to see the game state and can make a call (2pts, 3pts, etc). How do we do this without an outside judge? We do our best. Clearly everyone here is. (This is just informational, there was no concession here)

Otherwise, if both players have pieces on the board and neither player has met or surpassed the game point total, the game ends at the end of the round when the timer goes of, OR at the end of the round if an additional round is agreed upon due to unintentional slow play

There was no official (or unofficial) concession here. The game ended on TIME (at the end of the additional round).

Both players had pieces on the board.

It does not matter that clearly the player with damage causing pieces would win over the player with all 0 damage pieces if it were "played out".

The game ended on time, both players had pieces on the board. We have to simply go by the score at that point.

In this case it is a 2-1 victory for thereisnotry.
TimmerB123
Posted: Friday, June 2, 2023 10:07:10 AM

UrbanShmi
Posted: Friday, June 2, 2023 10:47:18 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Thank you for the well-explained and detailed post. I agree with your decision as the TO.
UrbanShmi
Posted: Saturday, June 3, 2023 12:45:12 PM

My round 3 game with TINT will be tomorrow (Sunday) at 1 pm central.
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Saturday, June 3, 2023 6:02:36 PM

me n timmerb are playing Sunday 4pm central.
thereisnotry
Posted: Sunday, June 4, 2023 11:37:53 AM

thereisnotry defeats UrbanShmi 280-155 (3-1)

I had already used Rebels and Seps, then Laura banned Mandos, Vong, and Imperials
Laura had already used NR and Sith, and I banned Seps, Republic, and OR

I chose my anti-shooter squad, and of course Laura's squad didn't have a single ranged attacking threat:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/223095/hit-me-with-your-best-shot
--Hit Me With Your Best Shot--
85 Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker
55 Yoda, Master of the Order
18 Gungan Shieldbearer
16 Dr. Evazan, Galactic Criminal
14 Coleman Trebor
9 R2-D2, Astromech Droid
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist
(200pts. 7 activations)

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/246097/sid-vicious
--Sid Vicious--
100 Darth Sidious, Sith Mastermind
35 Darth Vader, The Emperor's Fist
35 Third Sister (Reva)
10 BB-9E
16 Bothan Saboteur x2
4 Loth-cat
(200pts. 7 activations)

We both had Modular Base (aka Rebel Fortress) as our map, and she "won" the map roll so I chose to set up on the left side. Vader gained Intuition from Reva via his CE. Laura won all the inits this game, because Palpatine is awesome.

Round 1: We both moved to gambit. I had towed Coleman Trebor up, so he bravely ran up to attack Vader, who used Telekenesis to prevent the attack, and also hit him back via Djem So.

Round 2: Laura used Intuition to bring Reva up beside Vader in gambit. She began the round by using Vader to kill Coleman. The Dynamic Duo moved up to triple on Reva and Push her for a total of 80dmg, dropping her to 30hp. My gungan tossed an Atlatl at Vader, who easily dodged it. Laura's Loth Cat pulled Palpy forward, who then moved up to Zap the Duo for 50dmg. R2 towed Yoda up, and then Yoda jumped into the middle of Laura's people (adj to Vader, Palpy, Reva, and BB-9E): first he killed Reva, and then killed BB with his 2nd attack and his Force-Attuned-LS-Throw...Agile put him into a slightly less dangerous spot (but still beside Vader). Laura used one of her Bothans to blast the door and the other one to put a Mine on Yoda. Evazan (who would end up being my undisputed MVP this game) healed the Duo for 30.

Round 3: Vader used Intuition to base the Duo (Yoda's aoo hit for 20, and Vader's Djem So hit back for 20 also). Vader then activated to attack the Duo twice, but did no damage. Vader's Coordinated Movement pulled the Emperor up to base the Duo! Yoda activated and made his mine save (taking only 10dmg) while Laura's adj Bothan took 20 from the mine. Yoda moved up to base Palpy, Vader, and both Bothans...and first killed the full-health Bothan, then do 30dmg to Vader (Vader's Djem So was a crit for 40...and Yoda failed his Block), then he used his free LS Throw to put 30 on Palpy, and then he used Agile to move away (adj to Palpy is a BAD idea if you're a jedi). Yoda at 70, Duo at 140, Vader at 60, Palpy at 120. Duo activates to Leap over everyone, to base Vader...triple on him means dead Vader, and this time Vader's Djem So saves and attacks were useless, so the Duo took no damage in return...the Teamwork attack finished off the wounded Bothan. Palpatine now activated and spent 2 FP to base Yoda for a Rage-inspire LS Assault: he hit both attacks for 40dmg each, and Yoda's dice failed him, so he went down. This was trouble, because the whole time I had been keeping Yoda's FP high to ensure that I could cancel Palpy's Zap at the start of a round. Evazan tried to stab Palpy but (thanks to the recent Errata) Palpy made his save. 130-99 for the good guys at this point.

Round 4: Palpy zaps the Duo, who roll a 15, fprr, 10, fprr, 16! Duo is down to 90, but can now activate. After a triple and a FP from Teamwork, Palpy takes a total of 40dmg (down to 80) and is outside the room. R2 tows Evazan to heal the Duo again (60 healed so far). Duo: 120hp, 1 fp. Palpy 80hp, 0fp.

Round 5: Palpy Rage-Assaults the Duo, doing 40dmg after Soresu. Duo does 20dmg to Palpy after a single failed Parry, and then Leaps away. I form a wall with my Uggie and Gungan on one side of the Duo, and R2/Evazan on the other side...and Evazan heals the Duo for another 30hp (90 so far). Duo: 110hp, 0fp. Palpy 60hp, 1fp.

Round 6: Because of my brilliant wall of pawns, Laura lets me go first. Evazan heals yet again (120 so far), which brings the Duo up to 140hp. Then Palpy comes in to Assault and kill both my Gungan and Uggie. The Duo charges in for 3 hits, but Palpy's parries are hot, so he takes no damage. 160-130 for me. Duo: 140hp, 1 fp. Palpy: 60hp, 2fp.

Round 7: Palpy uses Rage to triple, but the Duo blocks 2 of the attacks (down to 100). The Duo triples but can get nothing past Palpy's parries (fprr needed at various points), so they use Teamwork to Push him away, dropping him to 40hp. Then R2 tows up Evazan, who heroically shoots Palpy for 20dmg, bringing him to 20. Duo: 100hp, 0fp. Palpy: 20hp, 1fp.

Round 8: Palpy zaps Evazan to death (failed avoid defeat) and runs away. At this point I had a bit of a dilemma: Palpy was at 20hp and 0fp, so I could kill him if he missed a single Parry...however, the Duo also had no FP (and would need to spend the renewal FP to reach Palpy) and could just as easily die if Palpy survived the round. I chose to stand still and build up fp (so that I can guarantee the kill via Push next round). I positioned R2 in such a way that Palpy wouldn't be able to reach the Duo next round. 180-146 for me. Duo: 100hp, 1fp. Palpy: 20hp, 0fp.

Round 9: Laura originally let me go first, but then I reminded her that I have a Push 2 available to me, so she went first and killed R2. The Duo then finished the evil Sith Mastermind with a Force Push because, as Obiwan once said, "Sith lords are our speciality."

Wow, what a barn-burner of a game! Very tense, very back-and-forth. Yoda went down pretty early; he accomplished a lot on the way out by finishing Reva, putting lotsa damage on Vader, and cleaning out some scrubs. However, I needed him to survive longer against Palpy (both LS Throw and Force Defense are huge vs Palpy). By the same token, Vader and Reva didn't end up having a big enough impact in the end, either. Usually, the Dynamic Duo absolutely cannot handle the Emperor, but this time (thanks to Evazan's healing and a timely wall of scrubs), they were able to pull it off. As I said, the real star of the game was Evazan, who healed the Dynamic Duo for 120dmg over the course of the game, and also landed a sweet 20dmg attack on Palpy. As always, it was great to game with Laura!
chiech22
Posted: Sunday, June 4, 2023 11:58:34 AM

N3rdSl4y3r and Chiech22 are playing Monday at 6:30 PM CST.
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Sunday, June 4, 2023 3:52:03 PM

gandalf defeats TimmerB123 200-74 (3-0)

Tim vetoed OR, Sith, Republic, and I had already played Rebels and NR.

I vetoed Fringe, Imps, Mandos, and Tim had already played Seps and Vong.

I played Fringe: http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/236074/the-pirate-ship

--The Pirate Ship--
33 Nym
30 Hondo Ohnaka
30 Arvo Norstag, Pirate King
21 The Crimson Corsair (Sidon Ithano)
25 Barada on Desert Skiff
20 Captain Zothip
14 Benthic, Partisan Lieutenant
11 Ponda Baba, Galactic Criminal
7 Nikto Pirate
10 Pirate Breachman x2

(200pts. 11 activations)

Tim played OR: http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/240070/valiant-quick-strikes--versatility-gauntlet-

--Valiant Quick Strikes {Versatility Gauntlet}--
44 Meetra Surik, Republic General
38 Revan, Supreme Commander
35 Wookiee Jedi
60 Twi'lek Jedi General x2
8 R7 Astromech Droid
6 Rodian Brute x2
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist
6 XT-6 Droid x2

(200pts. 11 activations)

Tim won map so we played on Crime Lord's Palace. I took the left side.

Round 1, most of my squad piled onto the Pirate Skiff, with Benthic and the Pirate scrubs bringing up the rear. Tim used all his weird movement tricks to get the Wookiee Jedi into gambit with the rest of his guys spread out between gambit and the starting area.

Round 2, we moved a couple of scrubs and then my Skiff disembarked the Pirate crew in the bottom hallway. Hondo stepped away from the Skiff and got a line to one of the Twi'lek Generals in the right side corridor, killing it with a 60dam hit and an unpreventable crit. Tim moved some guys to safety, then Ponda killed an Ugnaught. Tim moved some guys around and brought his Wookiee back into the hallway to prepare for a strike. Arvo killed a Rodian and used Coordinated Movement to push Nym a little closer, so Nym was able to get shots on the Wookiee, hitting it twice for 40 damage each. Meetra pulled the Wookiee up closer with her CE but wasn't able to get close enough to let it Sweep on more than just Nym because of Disruptive. The Wookiee killed Nym with its attacks and a free LS Sweep, taking 10dam from Splash, then died to a shot from Captain Zothip. Crimson Corsair moved up to take a shot at Meetra but missed. Benthic jumped on the Skiff.

Round 3, Tim won init but let me go first because he needed 2 acts to do his tricks. Hondo took some shots at Meetra, and she made a LS Defense so lived at 60HP. Meetra pulled up the other Twi'lek with her CE, and the Twi'lek used Flurry and an attack to kill Crimson Corsair and put 40dam on Hondo, with another 30 taken by Ponda bodyguarding. Zothip rolled a hit and Ruthless crit on the Twi'lek, leaving it at 30HP, and zapped a Rodian with his CE. The Nikto Pirate also hit the Twi'lek but got defensed. Revan moved around from gambit to join the action. The Breachmen took shots at the Twi'lek and one hit for 20 more damage, then Arvo finished it off and used Coordinated Movement to let Hondo jump on the Skiff for safety.

Round 4, Tim won init. Meetra based Arvo but missed him twice, and then pulled Revan up next to her. Hondo jumped off the Skiff and shot Revan, missed LS Defense, then Zothip shot him twice more with another failed Defense to kill him. Arvo and Benthic finished off Meetra and we called it because Tim only had an R7 and two XT-6s left which I could easily kill in time for 200pts.

Matchup and dice were decidedly not on Tim's side for this game, but he fought Valiantly regardless. Always a pleasure playing against him (and especially with Pirates).
urbanjedi
Posted: Monday, June 5, 2023 5:38:23 PM

urban jedi defeated overley28 207-121 3-1

I had already played Rebels and fringe. He vetoed Vong, Imperial, Sith

He had already played sith and rebels. I vetoed Vong, Imperial, Republic

I played New Republic http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/245957/eryls-gotta-die-update

He played Old Republic http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/245978/vg---frequent-flyers

I won map and we played on mush-mush planet. He took the left.

1st round was mostly positioning with Eryl and Kkruhk starting really far up the board. He brought a twilek in to try and take out eryl but defense saved the day, and then locked the door with T3. He then pulled his twilek back with his other twilek. BB8 opened the door so I could shoot through it. He ran his speeder a little too far and kkruhk took out the speeder. Han did 60 damage to one of the twileks I got gambit

rd 2
I won init and used intuition to base his twilek, then he missed the LS defense so I pulled Kkruhk back. He came in full force with meetra and the other twilek and smashed kkruhk to bits, even fighting through a made avoid defeat. I used basically the rest of my guys for the round and finally had to push the Twilek to death because it wouldn't fail enough saves. At some point bastilla was turned on during the round.

Rd 3
some fodder spinning, then he had a great move to push meetra with arca then got to the TBSV but his dice failed as he couldn't kill it even with a FPRR. I used ganner to push meetra away so the twilek could retreat. Then after Bastilla went, used BB8 to go tazer her and end the ABM (rolling a save). This allowed Han to get GMA back so he could go shoot at meetra. I think it was during this round that T3 used flamethrower to wipe out eryl, an uggie, and a mouse of mine as well.

Rd 4
Meetra finally finishes off the twilek, then arca brings her back. Han gets levitated out and finishes off T3, and misses on meetra. Bastilla works on bb8, who tazes again. some of our fodder kill each other, and wedge takes out a another fodder piece.

rd 5
Meetra starts the long road of working on ganner. Then Han finishes her off which kills arca, and the last remaining uggie. Bastilla finishes off bb8, and comes up to the door. Wedge shoots and does some damage to bastilla before I go over the 200 pt mark.

Good game. The Twilek jedi generals have some great movement, and I think if he kills the TBSV on the first go, it becomes a very interesting game that could go either way.

chiech22
Posted: Monday, June 5, 2023 6:52:56 PM

Chiech22 defeats N3rdSl4y3r 179-164 (2-1)

I had already played Separatists & Republic, he vetoed Vong, Imperial, Fringe.

N3rdSl4y3r already played Republic & Sith, I vetoed Imperials, Rebel, Old Republic

N3rdSl4y3r
Bloomilk link:http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/245979/vg-sep--nest-o-pirates
--VG Sep: Nest o' Pirates--
48 Nym
35 Hondo Ohnaka
33 Aurra Sing, Assassin
33 Enfys Nest
30 Arvo Norstag, Pirate King
25 Captain Zothip
15 Ponda Baba, Galactic Criminal
10 Pirate Breachman x2

(229pts. 9 activations)

Chiech22
Bloomilk link: http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/245867/versatility-gauntlet--mandos-
--Versatility Gauntlet (mandos)--
38 Bo-Katan Kryze, Death Watch Lieutenant
38 Tor Vizsla, Death Watch Founder
57 Death Watch Assassin x3
12 Death Watch Berserker
11 Death Watch Armorer
44 Death Watch Saboteur x4

Preferred Reinforcements:
(B-K Kryze DW Lt) 20 Death Watch Strike Leader

(200pts. 12 activations)

I won map and chose Rancor Map, he set up first on the left.

Round #1 was positioning with N3rdSl4y3r advancing on the bottom left, and me setting up at the top right. Lots of movement with Coordinated Movement on both sides.

Round #2
Hondo picked off an Assassin & Aurra Sing hit Tor even with Evade and Beskar'gam. GMA is brutal. I arrayed my Saboteurs with cloaking. Tor and Bo-katan set up on the right and widdled down Enfys Nest. We both scored gambit.

Round #3
I won int. and finished off Enfys Nest. Nym blew up the berserker and some saboteurs with Grenades. An assassin returns the favor with grenades. Aurra takes out a Saboteur, as one crits her. Captain Zothip and a Pirate Breachman take out an Assassin. Bo-katan and the Strike Leader take out Aurra as we both dance around Gambit, with neither really advancing onto the other players' half. Ponda takes out the last Saboteur. Lots of Evade and Beskar'gam rolls. We both scored gambit.

Round #4
We tie for int. N3rdSl4y3r wins the roll off and takes out the last Assassin. Strike leader takes out Ponda. The mandos concentrate on Nym. Arvo Norstag takes out the Armorer. Tor and Bo-katan take out Nym.

Round #5
We tie for int again. I win the roll off and take out a Pirate Breachman. Hondo Ohnaka attacks Tor. With Cunning and Deadeye, he kills Tor EXCEPT for Avoid Defeat which I make with an 11 and a 13. Now its Pirate King's turn. He kills Tor EXCEPT for Avoid Defeat which I make with a 13 and a 15. "gandalfthegreatestwizard - lol". Once again the Dice Gods smile down upon me making 2 avoid defeat saves x2. Tor takes out a Pirate Breachman and widdles down the Pirate King before the Strike Team Leader takes him out.

We both score gambit and the game ends due to time. I still had a 10 hp Tor, Bo, and the Strike Leader. N3rd had Hondo and Captain Zothip.

Overall it was a great game that could have gone either way.

N3rdSl4y3r
Posted: Monday, June 5, 2023 8:00:12 PM

chiech22 wrote:
"gandalfthegreatestwizard - lol"

I’m glad this made it into the write up. Back to back avoid defeats to lose was pretty epic. It was a fun game. Thanks for playing Chiech.
spryguy1981
Posted: Tuesday, June 6, 2023 11:08:31 AM

Spryguy1981 (3) def Mando (0) 219-69 on Desert Palace
I ran http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/230064/yaddle-skeedaddle--vg-
55 Yoda-MotO
44 Yaddle-JM
26 Saesee Tiin
20 Captain Tarpals
20 Ima Gun-Di
14 Coleman Trebor
9 R2
3 Mouse
9 Uggie x3

Mando ran http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/223521/soldiers-of-the-jedi--galactic-attrition-
30 Arkanian JG
116 Revanchist JM x4
27 Lobot
26 Malak-JG
6 XT-6 x2
Reinforcements were
12 Central Isopter Cultist x2
5 Porg
3 Mouse Droid

R1 was positioning as I moved Yoda into gambit.

R2 we got down to business. R2 towed up Coleman who double assaulted a RJM for dead. Malak killed Coleman. Ima Gun-Di used Master Speed and Assault to put 60 on another RJM. Yoda put 80 on one. Yaddle ran into the room. Saesee Tiin had to open the door as R2 got gripped twice.

R3 He won init and went to kill Ima who made multiple LSD saves to survive and LSA the almost dead RJM. Saesee ran in and double assaulted another RJM for dead. The last RJM went for the kill on Saesee who made more saves. Yoda and Yaddle killed the final RJM and Malak. He finally killed Saesee.

R4 He finally killed Ima who then used Noble Sacrfice to allow Yoda to damage AJG who had taken AoO's to get to him. Yoda and Yaddle finished him off which put me over 200.
chiech22
Posted: Tuesday, June 6, 2023 6:49:32 PM

spryguy1981 vs. chiech22 will take place at 8:00 AM EST on Thursday. We expect a full house.
urbanjedi
Posted: Tuesday, June 6, 2023 7:09:57 PM

it appears that TINT and I will try and make our game happen saturday at 8pm eastern (7pm central) for anyone interested
Mando
Posted: Wednesday, June 7, 2023 5:09:11 AM

Overley and I will be playing our game at 8pm Central on Friday.
spryguy1981
Posted: Thursday, June 8, 2023 5:52:05 AM

spryguy1981 (3) def chiech22 (0) 203-33 on Theed Palace in a Green showdown

chiech22 ran http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/245879/versatility-gauntlet--new-republic-
45 Han Solo, Corellian Legend
32 Jaina Solo Fel-JM
23 General Wedge
17 Resistance Officer
32 Resistance Commando x2
28 Resistance Trooper x2
10 R2-D2-GH
10 Resistance Medical Officer
3 Mouse Droid

I ran http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/245994/a-wedge-amongst-family--vg-
45 Han Solo, Corellian Legend
33 Luke Skywalker, NRH
32 Jaina Solo Fel, JM
29 Ganner Rhysode
27 Lobot
23 General Wedge Antillies
5 Killik Drone
3 Mouse Droid
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist.

My reinforcements were Twi'lek Black Sun Vigo and Kneesaa

R1 was all positioning with neither side getting into gambit

R2 was positioning early and then attacks in the later phase. Chiech opened a door and tried to kill my Killik and missed. Ganner levitated Luke who used GMA to kill his Resistance Officer.

R3 Chiech wins init and uses Jaina to attack Luke. She puts 30 on him after he makes one defense save. I use Ganner to levitate Luke within range of his Han and use Knight Speed + Ambush. Luke hits all the attacks and defeats Han. Chiech uses his fodder to attack Luke and rolls hot to hit almost all of their attacks and I fail saves. Luke gets down to 10 and he bases with a Trooper to kill Luke. Jaina bases his Jaina and puts 60 on her thanks to a crit. Twi'lek runs in and hits but she deflects. I use Han to triple attack to kill Jaina and put 30 on his Resistance Trooper. He heals his Resistance Trooper.

R4 I win init but elect him to go first so I can move some stuff around. He puts 20 on Ganner, Jaina kills a Resistance Commando and Han kills the other one.

R5 I win init and base Wedge with Jaina who puts 60 on him. He heals 10 from Wedge. Ganner pushes his trooper to death. Han GMA Triples Wedge who makes 2 sets of Avoid Defeat saves before finally biting it on the last attack. I get gambit and go over 200pts.

This was a fun game and I enjoyed getting to play a new face. Chiech's trooper rolls were fire and they hit quite a bit of things, except the scrubs for whatever reason. Luke's deep strike was the big turning point in the game. On to the next round.
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Friday, June 9, 2023 5:49:09 PM

gandalf over N3rdsl4y3r 249-120 (3-1)

N3rd vetoed Vong and Mandos, I had already played Rebels, NR and Fringe.

I vetoed Fringe and Imps, N3rd had already played Seps, Republic and Mandos.

I played Sith: http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/246175/two-lake-hoard

--Two Lake Hoard--
50 Darth Cognus
42 Tulak Hord, Lord of Hate
40 Imperial Agent
18 Dark Force Nexus
12 Sith Holocron
10 Sith Operative
12 Sith Ordnance Specialist x2
10 Sith Guard x2
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist
3 XT-6 Droid

(200pts. 12 activations)

N3rd played OR: http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/245982/vg-old-republic--crusading-wookies

--VG Old Republic: Crusading Wookies--
44 Meetra Surik, Republic General
38 Revan, Supreme Commander
70 Wookiee Jedi x2
30 Twi'lek Jedi General
11 Teethree (T3-M4)
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist
3 XT-6 Droid

(199pts. 8 activations)

We played on Crime Lord's Palace, with me on the right. The game was a big old melee in gambit with Tulak and Cognus making a bajillion Soresu and Parry saves or otherwise not getting hit with Doctrine of Fear and Melee Duelist. N3rd had a brilliant move with Meetra and a Wookiee Jedi to bypass the rest of my squad and take out the Imperial Agent before it could do anything, but you can't stop Tulak when he's rolling hot.
Mando
Posted: Friday, June 9, 2023 7:06:35 PM

Mando (3pts) defeats Overley28 (1pt) : 208-132

Overley28 veto'd: sith, fringe (rebels, OR, imperials were already played by me)
Mando veto'd: Imperials,Republic (OR, R.ebels and Sith were already played by Overley28)

I played Seperatist.

My squad:

--Kalani's Vindication (Galactic Attrition)--
65 NR-N99 Droid Enforcer
40 AAT-1 Hover Tank
25 General Kalani, Separatist Hero
19 BX Commando Droid Spotter
15 Daultay Dofine
15 Lok Durd
12 Dr. Nuvo Vindi
9 Battle Droid Officer

(200pts. 8 activations)

Overley28 played Fringe.

Overley28's squad:

--VG - BH Guild--
42 Calo Nord, Bounty Hunter
42 Embo
34 Guildmaster Cradossk
32 Talon Karrde, Information Broker
28 Mira of Nar Shaddaa
8 Teek
8 Wicket
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2

(200pts. 9 activations)

I lost map roll and that was a huge deal in this game. Overley28 went with his map of Mushroom Planet....not the most Huge friendly map in the galaxy. So this was going to be a tough uphill battle. At least I had Kalani's Tactician +6 to help me out.

Round 1: Positioning for the most part. I load up Lok Durd and Dr. Vindi on the NR-N99 droid. Durd gives the NR droid the Defoliator. My AAT runs up at the end of the round to open the door into gambit and Kalani uses his CE to give the AAT the ability to Dual Weapon use, so it kills Teek with its base attack and then does seige weapon on an uggie and Cradossk to kill the uggie and deal 30 dmg to Cradossk. Door into gambit closes. Overley gets the door open and starts taking some shots at the AAT and gets all the shots through despite the Energy shield protecting it. AAT is down to 100hp. Gambit for both players.

Round 2: I win init and move away with my AAT 16 squares. The door gets opened anyways so that Mira can grenades twice my NR-N99 with his passengers and my Spotter Droid. Thankfully the spotter droid makes his saves but the rest all autofail saves and Dr. Vindi and Durd are toast. No more defoliator! Never even got to use it the whole battle and it was the coolest thing my squad had in it. It was a really good play by Overley! I move the NR-N99 up to the door and dual weapon use to attack Mira and do Pule Cannon 40 after that, both of which hit Mira. Mira fails the save on the Pulse Cannon and dies. Kalani uses his CE to make the N99 droid do it again and he takes some shots at Embo but doesn't hit on the regular attack but does get some pulse cannon damage to stick. Embo is at 70hp. Embo and Calo Nord take shots at the N99 and make all their energy shield saves. NR99 droid is at 60hp. Gambit for both players

Round 3: I win init and use Siege Weapon to try and damage a Embo hiding arond the corner. It hits but Embo redces the damage to 20, so he's at 50hp. Calo tries to grenade the N99 and it makes the save. I had positioned my Spotter further back. Embo takes some shots but misses the N99. Kalani uses CE on the AAT to try and Seige weapon a hiding Embo again and he makes the save. Gambit for both players.

Round 4: Overley win's init and uses Cradossk's CE to move Embo and twin attack my N99 and do hat toss on it, bringing it down to 10hp. I use the N99 to Dual Weapon use and attack Embo and take him out with the regular attack and the failed Pulse Cannon save. I use it again with Kalani making it hit its attack against Calo Nord, where he fails the Bekar save and takes 30 but makes the Pulse Cannon save and takes 0 dmg after the successful Beskar save. Calo is 50hp. Cradossk is at 100hp. Kalani mores the Nr99 back to safety. Calo makes his move with Cradossk's CE and attacks the N99 and grenades my N99 but my N99 makes the save but my Spotter fails the save. Spotter is at 10hp. Both players score gambit.

Round 5: I win init and go with the NR99 droid and use Dual Weapon use to attack Cradossk and land a crit on the attack and Cradossk fails the pulse cannon save! So 100dmg total and Cradossk is dead. N99 gets basd by Calo and he goes down. Talon join the fray and gets the door open. AAT Seige weapon's a square near Talon and he takes 30dmg. Kalani makes the AAT do it again and Talon again fails the save. 20hp Talon. Kalani, Doltay and AAT all huddle around the Spotter droid. Gambit goes to Overley.

Round 6: I win init and seige weapon the square near Talon and he dies. My score goes over 200pts this round as a result but we finish the round out. Calo takes shots at Kalani and hits both attacks and makes the Energy shield saves. Kalani is at 30hp. Game ends and final score is 208-132.

What a close game! Very much cat and mouse type of game. I had to move the Huges around very carefully to get shots off an to use abilities effectively. This map was not very good for my squad but i managed to play on it well enough. Being in gambit almost every round meant that Overley had to get into gambit also, so i used Siege Weapon on the AAT a lot in the game to deal damage even when i couldn't see Overley's pieces hiding around corners. AS long as i could see a square within 12 squares, i could target it and anything adjacent would have to take some damage. The N99 and AAT were very good in this matchup when paired with Kalani. Being able to Dual Weapon Use 2 times a round is very solid. Splash 20 never came into play because I hit attacks pretty often and forgot to mention it when i did miss a shot. Overley did a good job positioning his pieces and not making them adjacent to each other and used Cradossk's CE to great effect! I did a good job rolling saves on Grenades and the Hat toss and Overley did a good job rolling saves on the Energy shield. I think only 1 hit ever bounced back and hit his own guy. The big difference was that Pulse Cannon and Seige Weapon saves got failed a few times by Overley and that ended up taking down key pieces like Mira and Embo. Great game and Overley played his squad very well and is a good fringe player!

urbanjedi
Posted: Saturday, June 10, 2023 7:03:30 PM

urban jedi beats tint 192-175

I vetoed Mandos and Sith (he had alread played Rebels, Seps, Republic

Tint vetoed Imps and Seps (I had already played Rebels, Fringe, NR)

I played some squad I stole from Darth O
http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/170285/nw-ohio-1st-place-squad--i-stole-this-from-darth-o-

He played his purple people eaters
http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/236135/vong-migraines

Tint won map (with a 20) and I let him set up fisrt.

He was on the left and I Was on the right of Rebel Fortress.

His Yammosk took swap, Shakel got the master shaper, and he brought in an executor with the 8th cortex shaper.

Rd 1
He moved his guys up and I made a play on trying to take out minos with kybuck followed by a swap for Dr E. However he made one of the saves for Dr E so lived.

Rd 2
I won init and thought for sure I could finish off minos with DR E, and he made both saves this time around. He then smoked Dr E. We did some more positioning and I used blizz to take out Minos, then swapped in Kybuck and started to make a push to his backfield.

Rd 3-4
I was trying to work around in his backfield and in the mean time I gave him the clone flame trooper because I Didn't realize he could get to the spot in 6 so he used shakel to take out some scrubs then moved up and used the free attack to take out the clone.

Rd 5-8
I was just running around trying to stay away from his guys until it was safe while he was eating scubs and kepping gambit on lockdown.

At the end I the score was 192-175 

I had a 60hp Kybuck, Blizz, Mas, Panaka, Rodian to his 30 HP Shakel

It was a great game and could have gone either way as Trevor played it almost flawlessly. It was definitely back and forth and we both had to be careful not to overcommit. Great game and lots of fun.