RegisterDonateLogin

Will train this boy.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

The Versatility Gauntlet (Results and write-ups thread) (Galactic Attrition!) Options
TimmerB123
Posted: Tuesday, July 4, 2023 10:20:25 AM
Groups: Member

Overley28 wrote:
Overley28 (3) defeats UrbanShmi (0) on modular base 229-167.

Shouldn't this be (3-1)? Or was the score incorrect?
Overley28
Posted: Tuesday, July 4, 2023 11:01:18 AM

The next line in the write up explains but halfway through the match we realized UrbanShmi had an illegal team because of rival. We still played it out and this was the score
TimmerB123
Posted: Tuesday, July 4, 2023 12:19:36 PM

Overley28 wrote:
The next line in the write up explains but halfway through the match we realized UrbanShmi had an illegal team because of rival. We still played it out and this was the score

Ah, I see. I missed that. Thank you
TimmerB123
Posted: Tuesday, July 4, 2023 12:45:02 PM

*Attention players*

Starting this round - DO NOT POST YOUR RESULTS. Send them to me via Bloo Mail

There could be an unfair advantage of seeing who wins and loses and who plays what faction, and then later matches selecting factions based on that info.

We want to play each round as if games were happening simultaneously.

I'd suggest locking your room in vassal so that Spry errr . . . nobody Wink can watch your game and gain unfair advantage. Keep results to yourselves until the final game in the round has finished.

I will post all results AT ONE TIME at the end of the round.

Thanks!
TimmerB123
Posted: Tuesday, July 11, 2023 7:14:53 AM

4/5 games done this round, one more game to go, which is being played Wed. Please feel free to schedule your game with your final opponent any time after that.
TimmerB123
Posted: Wednesday, July 12, 2023 5:47:25 PM

Round 8 results:

spryguy1981 wrote:
Spryguy1981 (3) def thereisnotry (1) 211-109 on Desert Palace

I played
42 Embo
35 Kreia
32 Talon
31 Morrigan
30 Hanharr
27 Lobot
3 Uggie
Lobot was Human BG, 2 Mice, Uggie

Tint ran
44 Meetra
38 Revan-SC
90 Twi'lek Jedi General x3
11 T3
8 Wicket
6 Uggie x2
3 Mouse Droid

R1 Positioning
R2 I moved Talon up with his BG for the bubble and moved Hanharr up. He put 40 on Hanharr and then Morrigan and Embo killed that one.
R3 He won init and killed Hanharr. I killed the other 2 Twi'lek with Kreia for one and Embo, Morrigan for the other.
R4 I killed Revan thanks to a Talon crit. He killed Kreia
R5 I killed Meetra and ended the game.

urbanjedi wrote:
I chose to play purple (apparently everyone plays purple against tim)

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/245961/cutting-the-corde

Tim chose to play fringe
http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/204806/the-dash-of-taloned-witches--versatility-gauntlet-

Tim brought in a nightbrother archer and some mice and an uggie

I won map and we played on rebel fortress.
TIm took the left and I Took the right and I brought in a Yun-Ne'Shel Priest with the 8th cortex. I also took Talons mvoe CE with the yammosk and gave shedia shai avoid defeat (although it doesn't really matter in this squad because of exterminate)

Rd 1-2
Mostly positioning with tim dominating the gambit zone. I was trying to get everyone into position and Tim was expertly keeping guys 7 squares away. I was using nueral mapping on Morrigan every turn as well.

Rd 3
I think it was here that I finally moved up shedao shai to try and hit silri (if I drop 60 with him, I am in position to possibly finnish her off with morrigan later on in the round) but missed one of the attacks. He quickly dropped shedao and morrigan did get to kill kneesa with the retalitory attack but not much else going on. The whole time he had been popping in and out and taking pot shots at tsavong and had him down a bit. Later I moved morrigan and Talon was my only legal target so did 60 to him. He then ran the hunter adjacent and cannoned for 40 damage on morrigan.

Rd 4
The key init and Tim won it. He chose to go with momma T to give the free attack to the hunter who proceeded to roll a 2 and miss against morrigan leaving her alive with 10hp. This was huge. Morrigan took out the hunter, then Tsavong used wallclimber (tim had forgotten it wasn't a CE and thought it was disrupted) to power in and kill dash and then cleave and kill Talon. This series of events swung the game from an almost certain loss for me into a nearly certain victory. Silri managed to finish off tsavong and Khalee came in and did some damage to momma T.

Rd 5
Khalee finished off momma T. Then Tim ran silri 12 and used drain life to try and finally finish off morrigan and she failed her save roll and died. The rest of my guys ganged up on Silri but couldn't take her down before time was up.

Final score was 164 - 119

Urban jedi 2-1

UrbanShmi wrote:
UrbanShmi over N3rdSl4y3r 201-165 (3-1).

I played:

--Separatist by Night--
42 Savage Opress
35 Asajj Ventress, Nightsister
31 Mother Talzin
50 Nightsister Hunter x2
21 Talia, Nightsister Hunter
15 Daulte Dofine
10 Killik Drone x2
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2

(210pts. 11 activations)

He played:

--VG Fringe: Big Brain Boba--
50 Boba Fett, Assassin for Hire
32 Talon Karrde, Information Broker
21 Brainiac
63 GenoHaradan Assassin x3
19 Saurin GenoHaradan Liaison
8 R7 Astromech Droid
4 Gran Raider
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist

(200pts. 10 activations)

I won map roll so we played on Crime Lord's Palace. He set up on the right side. The first round was positioning. At the top of the second round, he moved Boba up with the Talon move to kill a Nightsister Hunter without cover (so no Cloaked). I moved my squad into gambit, he moved his GEnoharadin Assassins up and took out a second Nightsister Hunter, but the Genoharadin died by Savage. Assaj took a long walk to get adjacent to Boba and the other GEnoharardin and put 60 on Boba from a Mama T shot with a well-time crit. In round 3 and 4, Assaj rolled up to Boba Fett and finidshed him off, while Talia used Invisibility Potion to move them both adjacent to Talon. He threw the rest of his squad againt Talia and killed her, but could not take out Asajj, who critted to kill Talon and moved back toward gambit. A Genoharadin killed Talzin, then died to Savage. The remaining Genoharadin, the Liaison, and the fodder died to a well-placed Repulse, which also killed Asajj, but that took me over 200 points and gave me the win.

The Genoharadins in this squad were scary, doing 40 a hit with Cunning plus another potential 20 with Poisoned Blade (up to 120 if the opponent fails the saves). Fortunately, I made my parries and enough of my poisoned blade saves to keep my squad alive long enough to get the Repulse together. This was a very fun game and N3rd played well. It could have turned out very differently.

UrbanShmi wrote:
I forgot to say, I swapped Daultay out for Holosid.

Overly28 wrote:
Overley28 (3) vs Cheich (0) - 230-15 on Theed Palace

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/245991/vg---long-live-the-emperor
http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/245878/versatility-gauntlet--rebel-

Cheich won map and chose Theed Palace. I set up on left.

Pre-R1: We both could move before first initiative so we both got up the map pretty far. Near the main room.
R1: This round was mainly positioning also, with Chiech opening main door with R2 override and gets some shots on Droopy but stays alive.
R2: Vader uses surprise move and attack to kill a specforce who shot Droopy, then moves and kills specforce technician. Han and Chewie fire on Vader with only 1 shot getting through Shien.
R3: Palp moves and lightnings specforce vanguard. Han and Chewie both miss shots on Vader. Kylo force chokes R2 to bring next to Vader who kills Kneesa and R2.
R4: Palp moves and lightnings Crix. Vader moves up and crits on Rieekan to kill him with twin.
R5: Han hits palp and Chewie hits Vader using momentum. Kylo chokes Chewie to kill him, Palp kills Han, Vader kills C3PO to end the game.

Overall good game from Chiech and it was nice to play.

gandalf wrote:
gandalf over Mando 3-1 (200-130) on Modular Base.

Mando/Trevor played Fringe: http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/224387/embolical-corde--ga--hutt-cartel-edition-

I played OR: http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/247073/old-rethuglicans

Trevor set up on the left, we both advanced, with T3 locking the door on my side of gambit. Mira got pinballed to blow the door and lob a grenade at T3 and Malak, then Embo and Morrigan charged in after Ven Zallow, who ended the round with 30HP left after managing to defense a crit.

Round 2, Trevor won init. Embo switched targets and went after Satele, but missed one attack leaving her at 70HP. Zallow came in to hit Embo twice and push him away from Satele. XT-6 died to give me an extra act, so Revan could push Zallow out of sight, and Satele around the corner. Satele went after Morrigan and hit her twice, with Mira bodyguarding one (both at 30HP). Mira killed T3 with a grenade, and Jabba cannoned Morrigan and the Rodian Assassin on Satele. Morrigan hit, and Rodian needed a 2 to kill her, but rolled a 1. Jaq entered the action and wiped out both Mira and Morrigan with a reroll, Morrigan failing her Evade. The Rodian finished off Satele for real this time, and Trevor brought up his other scrubs and Bib.

Round 3, I won init but couldn't move anything with Tight Security so I let Trevor go first. Embo charged and took out Zallow. Malak and Revan took out the Assassin and Greedo. Jabba was able to cannon Embo into Jaq, but then Jaq killed Embo and the rest was cleanup.

Good game, I was sure I would lose going into it, but terrible rolls for Trevor and consistently good rolls for me, plus a couple of lucky decisions, together managed to turn the game around.

gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Wednesday, July 12, 2023 6:54:36 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I added my play report to the above post to cut out the middle man.
TimmerB123
Posted: Wednesday, July 12, 2023 8:29:31 PM

gandalfthegreatestwizard wrote:
I added my play report to the above post to cut out the middle man.

Thanks!
TimmerB123
Posted: Wednesday, July 12, 2023 8:39:51 PM

A strange outcome for the final round is that literally the top 5 ranked players are playing the bottom 5.

Also the top 4 is locked, although position within the top 4 is still up for grabs if one or more of us bottom 5 can play spoiler.

The top 4 gotta worry about what they are playing in the semi finals, while the rest of us pick one and leave one faction unplayed.

Reminder that 5th place gets the privilege of banning pieces for the top 2 final match, along with the two that were defeated in the semi-finals. I'll stick my nose in there too for suggestions. Wink

Again - send me the results directly this round until the final match (at which point it no longer matters). Likewise for lookie-loos in any game, avoid it until the final match. The last game this round had a spectator, in addition to myself popping my head in just to get ahead of the game on posting results, but as I said - it's fine with the final game - we just don't want those who may not have played their game yet to get an unfair advantage (as minor as it may be)

We can open it up for all to spectate for the semis since it has no bearing on what faction someone is playing because it will already be decided after this round.

Top 4 better not hold back because the rest of us will be coming for blood! Bomb
thereisnotry
Posted: Friday, July 14, 2023 12:32:04 PM

thereisnotry defeats TimmerB123 154-84 (2-0)

I had Mandos and Imperials, and I went with Imperials:
--Top G--
50 Boba Fett, Assassin for Hire
32 Thrawn (Mitth'raw'nuruodo)
31 Cara Dune
31 Morrigan Corde
13 Amanin Scout
8 Mas Amedda
8 R7 Astromech Droid
21 Rodian Brute x7
(200pts. 16 activations)

Tim had NR and Republic, and he went with NR:
--Hera's G.P.A. (Galactic Pilot Alliance) {Versatility Gauntlet}--
35 General Hera Syndulla
22 R2-D2 and C-3PO, Galactic Heroes
18 Klatooinian Captain
68 Galactic Alliance Special Guard x4
17 Keyan Farlander, Jedi General
13 BB-8
10 Jagged Fel
12 Mouse Droid x4
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist
2 Kneesaa, Ewok Princess
(200pts. 16 activations)

We both had Theed Palace, and I won the map roll, which meant that Tim got to choose, so he set up on the left side.

Round 1: Typical maneuvering and positioning. However, Tim moved opened the door on his side of gambit with a mouse droid, so at the end of the round Boba swapped in to shoot 2 mice and an uggie...he rolled a 1 on the uggie, so it lived.

Round 2: Next round, I activated Boba to shoot 3 more fodder pieces (hit the uggie this time) and move back to the door on my side of gambit. I had a Brute within 6 of Boba for Bait n Switch, so I hoped I'd be okay. Tim opened the door to take some shots at Boba. Bait n Switch...failed. Tim hit 3 of his 4 attacks, and Boba failed all of his evades (down to 50hp). I swapped Boba to safety and then retreated with the swapper. At the end of the round, Cara opened the door at the top of the gambit room and then Morrigan moved up to kill a GASG with suppressive fire.

Round 3: Cara moved up to kill a GASG. She died fairly quickly after a barrage of shots from more GASGs. Morrigan killed BB-8, but I failed to position her well enough so that she could get far enough out of LOS. As a result, Tim poured a barrage of shots at her, and also put some pieces in front of her as a fodder wall, but by the end of the round it was Hera who killed her off. However, I was then able to run my Amazon Scout up to Hera so that Boba could kill her.

Round 4: Boba killed a GASG and put some damage on the Klat Captain. He retreated toward gambit, but he was still in LOS. The Klat shot at Boba (failed the Bait n Switch again) and missed, and the result was that the Brute beside him perished. I swapped Boba to safety, or so I thought. However, Tim opened a door and took some shots at Boba, doing some more damage (Boba down to 30). I ran my Amazon Scout up to shield for Boba. Time ended but we decided to play another round just for fun.

Round 5: I rolled a 1 for init! However, it didn't matter since Tim wasn't in a position to kill anything. Regardless, the Klat Captain he shot the Amazon Scout (no cover) for 20dmg (Boba failed his splash, down to 20hp). Boba killed the Klat (required all 3 shots because of good evade saves) and retreated to the top of the room, where nobody would be able to reach him this round. Tim killed another Brute, but didn't have a way to reach Boba.

I came into the match with 3 attackers, and ended with my last attacker being down to 20hp. We both had some strings of bad dice (both for attacks and saves), but in the end (with the Klat gone) it would've just been a matter of Boba being able to find targets. I gained an activation advantage early, which just ended up snowballing my opportunities to kill pieces. So...it turns out that Thrawn is pretty powerful! Who knew? lol Seriously though, it was interesting to play a squad type that I've only rarely ever played before. Thanks for the game, Tim!
TimmerB123
Posted: Sunday, July 16, 2023 7:00:35 AM

luckily the game between tint and I had no bearing on the top 4 - but please for the rest of the games this round don't post here until the final game, as it really could influence what people play, and give an unfair advantage.

Look forward to seeing how this shakes out!
TimmerB123
Posted: Wednesday, July 19, 2023 8:34:19 PM

spryguy1981 wrote:
Spryguy1981 (3) defeats Overly28 (1) 229-126 on Desert Palace
I ran
http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/247203/the-pirates-who-dont-do-anything
30 Hondo Ohnaka
30 Arvo Norstag
28 Enfys Nest
28 Aurra Sing, Assassin
26 Vette
21 Crimson Corsair
20 Captain Zothip
15 Pirate Breachman x3

Overly28 ran
http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/247038/vg---mando-and-friends
41 Din Djarin
32 Fennic Shand
32 IG-11
31 Cara Dune
27 Cobb Vanth
26 The Armorer
4 Mando Guardsman
6 Uggie x2

R1 was positioning and I killed an Uggie with Zothip's weird CE. He used Missiles on Vette and Aurra but both made the saves

R2 He won init and tripled Hondo with Din, who made 2 evade saves. Hondo killed Cobb Vanth. Enfys Nest ran in and locked down IG-11 and Cara preventing him from getting them onto my half of the map without eating some damage. Vette put his squad in traps. IG and Cara gave it back. Enfys Nest at 20HP

R3 He won init and used IG to kill Enfys Nest. Hondo double attacked with all of his goodies on Din and he failed both evade saves. Aurra killed IG-11. He put 60 on Corsair who promptly ran away. I put 60 on Cara with Vette and Arvo.

R4 He won init and killed Hondo. I killed the rest of his squad after that. Sidon killed Aurra, Arvo killed Armorer, and Vette killed Fennic.
TimmerB123
Posted: Wednesday, July 19, 2023 8:35:20 PM

urbanjedi wrote:
urban jedi won 3-0 (194-48 defeated all of opponents characters)

I could choose between sith and imperials and chose to play
http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/213252/there-is-no-tri--chicago-20-vassal-regional-winner-

He could choose between imperials and new republic and chose
http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/243417/vg-imperial--deadly-fist

I won map and we played on rebel fortress. He chose left.

Rd 1
mostly positioning but I leviated and easy pathed sion into the gambit area so that he could take the brunt of any attacks. He took 40 from a push from the inquisitor and nihilus took a little damage before gaining it back with a sith hunger on vader and then ducking back out of the way. Reva came in late and did a force push for 20 more damage on sion. We both got gambit.

Rd 2
He killed sion who came back to life, and started working on him a second time. I tried to go for it with traya and ran up to try and kill vader but missed all of her attacks. Did still manage to do 40 damage to vader with drain life and get him down to 20 left (he had taken some hits from sion along the way). Then the big turning point of the game. Reva rolls a 1 against traya with no FP and betrays to me. This then allows me to use nihilus to finish off vader. Sion dies again but comes back again. The assassin is now almost caught back up and levitates traya to safety. I get gambit and he does not as reva was going to be his character in gambit.

Rd 3
He kills sion again who again lives. I am able to finish off the inquisitor this round and keep advancing into his portion of the map. I get gambit again while he does not.

Rd 4
He wins init and finally kills sion. I use Drain life 5 from nihilus to do 50 to tarkin and kill a navy trooper but his death trooper makes the save. This is around when time is called so we have to finish up the round. I then move reva up to finish off tarkin and base his other navy trooper. He does 10 damage to reva. Then my assassin moves up and hits the death trooper and then levitates traya into position. She rolls a crit on the death trooper, her second attack finishes him off, her third attack misses a mouse but I sac an adjacent sith ordnance guy to kill the mouse anyway with SD damage. Then finally use drain life on his last navy trooper with Trayas last 2 FP to completely eliminate his squad and earn a full 3pt victory.

This was a crazy game and if not for the early betrayal could have been very different. I do feel I had the advantage with nihilus and wound in the force really hurting his inquisitors, and I had to make sure I protected him at all costs.

Good game and was fun to try and figure out all the cool stuff the inquisitors can do.
TimmerB123
Posted: Wednesday, July 19, 2023 8:35:55 PM

Mando wrote:
Mando (3pts) defeats urbanshmi (0pts): 210-20

I played:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/243548/dyaddy-issues--galactic-attrition-

--Dyaddy Issues (Galactic Attrition)--
46 Rey Skywalker
35 General Leia Organa
29 Chewbacca with Bowcaster
28 Han Solo with Bowcaster
30 Ben Solo, Redeemed
14 Luke Skywalker, Jedi Spirit
13 BB-8
5 Porg

(200pts. 8 activations)

urbanshmi played:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/246062/eeeeeeels----

--Eeeeeeels!!!!--
29 Charat Kraal, Wing Commander
28 Vua Rapuung
26 Viull Gorsat, Wraith Squadron Ace
25 Yorik-Et Squad Leader
23 Supreme Commander Sla Tsun
16 Yuuzhan Vong Paratrooper
15 Yammosk War Coordinator
14 Yorik-et Pilot
12 Shamed Pilot
7 Shamed Intendant
5 Zonoma Sekot Scout

(200pts. 11 activations)

Round 1: Mostly lots of movement. I use Leia to pinball Han up to get a crazy line of sight on the Yorik squad leader and take him out. It kinda went downhill from there. The pilots that had plasma eel launched them at my group of Han, Ben and BB8 and did get some through, but i made some of the saves also and that made it so none of them died. Vua double attacks BB-8 and i BG the damage onto Chewbacca.

Round 2: I lose init and Vua again attacks BB-8 and i BG the damage to chewbacca and Han. Rey misses Sla Tsun with a 1 making him survive long enough to use his CE and make Gorsat launch his eels. I make the saves against however as i was rolling more well most of the game against the eels with the porgs helping. Chewbacca takes out Sla Tsun an han takes out Vua. Ben takes out the Wing commander. Bb-8 locks the door.

Round 3: I lose init and Gorsat takes a shot at rey and misses. Rey uses lightsaber blitz to take him out an the shamed intendant. This pretty much spells the end of the game as Laura can't get enough damage in against han or chewbacca and i still have bb-8 to. Ben and Rey are still full hp also. Han was down to 20hp, BB-8 was down to 20hp, and Chewbacca was down to 50hp.

I think if I hadn't been able to take out the Yorik squad leader early on i wouldn't have been able to have such big win. Han with Plasma Bolt -4 got past the evade and Accurate shot ensured i could hit him, so it was a nasty combo where I activated 3 people in that turn by having BB8 open the door, Leia pinballing Han adjacent to Ben Solo, and then Ben using Han's Echo to activate Han Solo to get the kill. Took some planning to do, but it was a huge swing in the game. Laura did her best despite that setback and if i had failed a few more aves, it would have been much closer. Laura is a great competitor and its always a great game getting to play against her!
TimmerB123
Posted: Wednesday, July 19, 2023 8:40:10 PM

gandalfthegreatestwizard informed me that chiech22 (John) had to forfeit because his wife is not recovering well from an operation.

Darth real-life strikes again. Let's send our good thoughts to John and his wife, it's been a pleasure having him as a part of this tournament.

Joe (gandalfthegreatestwizard) said "since my faction choice for that game will impact the semifinal, I was planning to play Separatists against him."

Which seems like a very fair solution to me. So that is how we will proceed.
Mando
Posted: Monday, July 24, 2023 10:27:00 AM

Mando (3pts) defeats Spryguy1981 (1pt) : 213-119

My squad:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/247545/rule-of-tulak--galactic-attrition-

--Rule of Tulak (Galactic Attrition)--
50 Darth Bane, Sith Master
42 Tulak Hord, Lord of Hate
39 Darth Sidious, Sith Emperor
37 Mandalore the Lesser
18 Dark Force Nexus
8 Sith Recruit x2
6 XT-6 Droid x2

Preferred Reinforcements:
(DSSE-CE) 12 Sith Ordnance Specialist x2
(DSSE-CE) 8 Sith Recruit x2

(200pts. 13 activations)

spryguy1981's squad:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/247708/revalashan--vg-

--RevalaShan (VG)--
46 Ven Zallow, Jedi Master
38 Revan, Supreme Commander
37 Satele Shan
36 Atton "Jaq" Rand
14 Old Republic Senator
11 Teethree (T3-M4)
6 Mouse Droid x2
6 XT-6 Droid x2

(200pts. 12 activations)

Game was recorded by Bryan or SHNN. probably will be a youtube video of it. The video will show much more accurate details than i can recall as i didn't think about making a play report because of the video recording, but here's my best shot at a recap.

I set up on the right side. Bane gets Distraction and sets up next to the Nexus.

Round 1: positioning. spry locks middle door.

round 2: i blow up middle door and Bane pummels Satele for 60 dmg total. Nexus moves Tulak into the fray and he attacks Satele and gets the jar'kai attack, but she parries both hits. I use sith hatred on Tulak to kill an uggie, and bring Satele down to 30hp. Zallow also hits Bane who fails his LSD saves and pushes him for 20 dmg more. I force dominate Tulak and teleport next to Atton and deal 30 dmg to him with sith rage. Atton takes an aoo from tulak and gets a shot in at Bane and he takes 40 damage after succesfully defensing the other hit. Cannon shot from Diplomat gets reduced to 30 dmg. Bane is at 20hp end of the round. I place a sith ordinance specialist next to Atton. Mandalore the Lesser takes out T3. Atton survives 2 times with Avoid defeat after fprr's.

kinda unsure how round 3 went exactly. by the end Satele, Ven Zallow and sidious were dead. A sith recruit dies with Sith pawn close to Zallow, Atton, Revan and 2 mice and Atton dies ater failed avoid defeat.

Round 4: Revan tries to get some crits vs Mandalore, but doesn't get any and he's alive with 30hp. Mandalore finishes off Revan with mighty swing and close quarters fighting. Game ends with Tulak at 120 dmg, Mandalore the Lesser at 30hp and Nexus at about half fp still.

good game and Tulak is just really nasty with Banes force powers in addition to being hard to damage! Mandalore the Lesser was a solid choice in place of the Imperial Agent for getting past evades/lightsaber defense. Didn't get to use Identical forces, but the damage and attack boost was good enough. Distraction wasn't extremely useful as Atton was usually the cannon shot candidate and kept away from being based against Bane.
urbanjedi
Posted: Monday, July 24, 2023 4:40:49 PM

urbanjedi defeats gandalfthegreatestwizard 3-0 (202-66)

My squad had to be imperials and I had a hard choice between handmaidens and vader/palps.
I chose
http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/160279/maideens

Gandalf had to play Mandos and was playing
http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/246209/mandalorian-beef

I "won" the map roll and Gandalf took the left. I set up a decent portion of my guys on the bottom room.

Rd 1
He advanced with resolonare and then got everyone into the main center room. I came up the bottom, used override on the side door and started shooting at tarre.

Rd 2
He pushed everyone toward me. I did a bunch more damage to tarre and then started pulling back into the room to regroup and try to stay safe. He kept coming but had to use a LS Throw from tarre to take out the R7. I finished off tarre and then let the door close behind me, because if I had a feeling and if I lost init it could have been devestating.

Rd 3
I rolled a 1 for init. Boy was I glad I had let the door close. I went first and put an uggie in between my handmaidens so he would have to use one of his attacks to kill it. He of course had to use a guy to open the door then blasted the uggie, wasted a crit on the 10 damage left handmaiden and then hit (but was evaded) on the third shot. I stayed outside the disruptive and shot and shot and finally finished off vindicated.

Rd 4
I won init again and smoked the armorer because she failed a beskar and I rolled a crit (after I missed a shot). I think he took out a rodian and took some shots at a handmaiden but they were evaded or he missed. He was pulling back to the gambit room to try and make a last stand. I swapped in the last handmaiden and rolled up and took out the tactician near the end of the round.

Rd 5
I won init and took out kelborn and we called the game as he had kneesa and the demolitionist left.

I felt that I had a pretty sizeable advantage in this matchup and joe played it about as well as he could. He did put me in the one pickle where if I hadn't let the door close he could have gotten vindicated in there and been wreaking havoc on all 3 of my handmaidens.

Great game and I look forward to the finals and however that works.
TimmerB123
Posted: Monday, July 24, 2023 6:40:41 PM

Trevor C and Jason, congratulations!

First things first, now that you know who your opponent is, please send me a bloomail with three factions that your opponent may choose from.

Please send this to me lo later than the end of Tuesday.

Then I will post the three faction options for each player here. After that, Matt, Trevor, P, and Joe, (along with myself supervising) will make a definitive list of banned figures that each player cannot use, based on what they already played. From that point we will schedule the final game no later than one week, but ideally sooner once each player has their squad.

Looking forward to the finals!
urbanjedi
Posted: Monday, July 24, 2023 7:22:18 PM

TimmerB123 wrote:
Trevor C and Jason, congratulations!

First things first, now that you know who your opponent is, please send me a bloomail with three factions that your opponent may choose from.

Please send this to me lo later than the end of Tuesday.

Then I will post the three faction options for each player here. After that, Matt, Trevor, P, and Joe, (along with myself supervising) will make a definitive list of banned figures that each player cannot use, based on what they already played. From that point we will schedule the final game no later than one week, but ideally sooner once each player has their squad.

Looking forward to the finals!

Sent mine in
Mando
Posted: Tuesday, July 25, 2023 3:38:16 AM

mine are sent in also.