RegisterDonateLogin

Only legal in the Outer Rim.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

The Versatility Gauntlet (Results and write-ups thread) (Galactic Attrition!) Options
TimmerB123
Posted: Wednesday, June 21, 2023 11:04:36 AM
Groups: Member

TimmerB123 wrote:
Whoever hasn't chosen a letter - choose one B, F, H or I.

First response gets it

Mando text me H
TimmerB123
Posted: Wednesday, June 21, 2023 12:00:57 PM

I'll also declare this now - the "independent 3 judge panel" who will decide what pieces the finalists cannot use will be made up of the two players who lost in the semi-finals and the player who ends up 5th at the end of the 9 rounds of pre-playoff games. I will serve as advisor but it will ultimately be those 3 players.

(Reminder - top 4 players advance to the semi-finals, 1 plays 4 and 2 plays 3 per usual. All players must play the final faction they have left to play.

Then the winners play in the finals, and here's how it runs:

Quote:
Finals - You select 3 factions for your OPPONENT to choose from. One week to prepare the squad.
*It must be significantly different than any of your prior squads.* (How do we ensure this? Read below)

(After faction options are given, An independent 3 judge panel will go through the squads each player has already played in the tournament, and outlaw SIGNIFICANT pieces for that player. If both players played the same piece, it will either be on the ban list for both players or neither. But otherwise the ban lists will vary between players because it's based on what they already played. We are talking Thrawn, Mother T, Boba BFH, Revan SC, Han Correlian Legend, Mandalore the Vindicated, 8th Cortex Shaper, Critdu, etc, etc. Pieces that could be brought in to another faction via affinity or CE could be included on the ban list. Basic minor tech pieces will always be allowed - ie ugnaughts, mouse droids, XT-droids, Mas Amedda, etc)

A little more detail that's somewhat abstract but a way for the Judge panel to think about it.

What "type" of squad did each player play the first time they played each of the 3 factions? How would you describe it to another player?

Examples:

They played a "Thrawn Swap squad with Boba BFH and Morrigan Corde" (Nix Thrawn (Mitth'raw'nuruodo), Grand Admiral Thrawn {because they play so similarly}, Boba BFH and Morrigan Corde. If the player played Mother Talzin in their Fringe squad, she could be nixed here too, even though she wasn't played in their Imperial squad)

They played an "8th Cortex squad with Shedao Shai, Tsavong WE and Khalee" (Nix 8th cortex Shaper, Tsavong Lah Warrior Elite and Khalee Lah Warrior Progeny) {I personally wouldn't eliminate a shaper or priest that may have been used, because while they are important, it's not core to how it's played. 8Th Cortex IS core. I also would not eliminate Warmaster Tsavong Lah because they play significantly different})

They played "Double Lancer" (Nix General Grievous Droid Army Commander -or- Whorm Loathsom {whichever was played, if either was played}, Darth Sidious, Lancer Droid, and IG-86 {significant attacker in this squad}. I would not eliminate the Battle Droid Officer or Gha Gnackt, etc. ALSO to consider - if the player has already played Talon Karrde, even if not in Fringe - I'd nix him too so they couldn't play him again with Sep Independent Outfit characters)

So judges can look at all pieces each player played, mainly focusing on the 3 factions they have to choose from and what squads of those factions the player played. But ALSO, fringe and affinity pieces that were already played in DIFFERENT factions, that could be used in one of the 3 factions for the finals.

The idea being that they have to be creative with squad building, and not fall back on the same power pieces. Play a different type of squad altogether.
spryguy1981
Posted: Thursday, June 22, 2023 6:00:29 PM

spryguy1981 (3) defeats UrbanJedi (1) 214-116 on Crime Lord's Palace

I played http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/246271/twin-speeders
55 Luke and Leia on Speeder
34 Kyle Katarn, Rebel Hero
25 Sabine Wren
18 Jan Ors
16 General Crix Madine
14 General Rieekan
12 See-Threepio
8 R2-D2
9 Mouse x3
9 Uggie Demo x3

Jason played http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/245661/the-squad--the-myth--the-legend---ohio-regional
57 General Grievous, DAC
36 Darth Sidious
62 IG Lancer Droid x2
17 IG-86 Assassin Droid
15 Mouse x5
12 Uggie Demo x4

Jason "won" map which meant I got to setup on the left.

First round I moved my guys in a clump to keep all of their fun tricks going. Jason strafed a bunch of my dudes and had pretty putrid rolls on that strafe. I was able to kill one Lancer with the twins.

R2 was pretty much all positioning with really no action taking place

R3 saw some action. Twins missed the Lancer on a normal shot. 3PO, Jan, Kyle all moved into gambit. He moved up some more guys.

R4 he strafted the gambit gang and hit Kyle hard with a crit and an attack and failed shield saves. Kyle elected for Splash 20 and spend a FP to move 8 and shoot at the other Lancer. He hit both and defeated it. Jan put 20 on GGDAC

R5 GGDAC killed Crix and I used Jan and the Twins to finish him off. IG killed Kyle.

R6 was more moving around he used his IG a lot and shot a lot and got Sabine down to 10. He made all of his important Grenades 40 saves only missing on uggies. Twins strafed a few dudes and chased down IG.

R7 I go first and the Twins finished off IG with a FPRR. Sabine killed some uggies. Sid killed Sabine. Jan ran for gambit.

R8 He wins init and kills R2 with Sid. I strafe some more dudes, game ends.

Overall it was a really good game. Jason had an uphill battle but he played the squad very well. He had to contend with a lot of disruptive and other shenanigans. Always a fun time playing.

Sidenote my internet was not working at all and had to play the game on mobile hotspot. First for me.
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Thursday, June 22, 2023 7:25:32 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

gandalf over UrbanShmi 206-56 (3-0)

I played Imperial: http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/192147/snokes-avengers

--Snoke's Avengers--
42 Supreme Leader Snoke
75 Elite Praetorian Guard x3
26 Kylo Ren
15 First Order Officer
10 TC-70 Protocol Droid
8 RA–7 First Order Protocol Droid
18 First Order Stormtrooper x3
6 RA-7 Death Star Protocol Droid

(200pts. 12 activations)

Laura played Republic: http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/243416/dumesday--nw-ohio-regional

--Dumesday--NW Ohio Regional--
53 Depa Billaba, Jedi Master
35 Anakin Skywalker, Hero With No Fear
30 Twi'lek Jedi General
23 Captain Panaka
22 Caleb Dume, Jedi Padawan
11 Jedi Holocron
9 R2-D2, Astromech Droid
8 Mas Amedda
9 Ugnaught Demolitionist x3

(200pts. 11 activations)

She won map and picked Modular Base. I set up on the left.

Round 1, I started by advancing with my troopers and droids. Laura used her movement tricks to get Depa into gambit, then I ran Snoke into the middle and used Dark Link on Depa and Kylo, then Force Choked with Kylo to get Depa within range of my Praetorians and get some damage past SSM. That left Snoke hung out to dry, so Anakin came in with the Holocron, but missed 3 of his attacks on Snoke. One of the Praetorians jumped over Depa and ran to protect Snoke from Anakin and get gambit. Another one started beating on Depa, who missed SSM and a reroll. The third Praetorian rolled a 1 on Depa.

Round 2, I won init. The Praetorian next to Anakin attacked him, and hit once. Anakin made his Electrostaff save, and riposted, but only got 20 damage through after Teras Kasi and Shields. Panaka swapped Depa out for Caleb to get her to safety, and Caleb missed some attacks on a Praetorian. Snoke zapped Anakin, then Dark Linked him over to Kylo, who finished him off with a double attack, but ate a crit on the Riposte. Doombot towed Depa in, and she killed Kylo with a LS Assault after making the Telekinesis save. The FO troopers blasted Depa, not getting anything through but making her spend some Force on rerolls. The Praetorians killed Caleb and one of them moved next to Depa.

Round 3, I won init. The Praetorian next to Depa attacked her, with her rolling terribly and also failing Electrostaff, losing her turn. Panaka swapped her to relative safety for the Twi'lek General, but while the Twi'lek wasn't rolling too terribly, she wasn't able to get anything past Shields and Teras Kasi. A Praetorian hit the Twi'lek, and Snoke zapped Doombot out of existence.

Round 4, I won init. The Praetorians cleaned up Depa and the Twi'lek, then gambit put me over 200.
TimmerB123
Posted: Sunday, June 25, 2023 1:01:58 PM

TimmerB123's Imperials defeats N3rdSl4y3r's Yuuzhan Vong (208-30) (3-0)

I played

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/243546/the-blue-hand-of-judgement--versatility-gauntlet-

--The Blue Hand of Judgement {Versatility Gauntlet}--
32 Thrawn (Mitth'raw'nuruodo)
30 Mara Jade, Hand of Judgment
28 General Weir
27 Korlo Brightwater on Speeder Bike
27 Lobot
18 Joak Quiller
16 Grand Admiral Rulf Yage
10 Dark Hellion Marauder on Swoop Bike
8 Mas Amedda
3 Mouse Droid

(199pts. 10 activations)

I brought in:
Lobot Reinforcements:
7 Ewok Hang Glider
4 Tusken Raider
9 Rodian Brute x3

He played:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/245977/vg-vong--people-whose-name-i-cannot-pronounce

--VG Vong: People Whose Name I Cannot Pronounce--
30 Shedao Shai
28 Tsavong Lah, Warrior Elite
22 Nen Yim
22 Dovin Basal Keeper
22 Khalee Lah, Warrior Progeny
19 Eighth Cortex Shaper
18 Eminence Harrar
18 Yuuzhan Vong Consul
13 Yun-Ne'Shel Priest
5 Zonoma Sekot Scout
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist

(200pts. 11 activations)

He brought in:

Eighth Cortex Shaper CE (Reinforcement):
15 Yammosk War Coordinator

I won map and we played on Desert Palace.

I won't go blow by blow in this write-up. It was a bad matchup. It was made worse when I informed him that due to timing he did not get to steal a CE. (Telepathic Insight - during setup, Eighth Cortex Shaper's CE - after setup. Yammasok doesn't join until after it can steal a CE) I told him he could select a different reinforcement, but he (correctly, imo) surmised that it was still the best choice since he needed to get the shaper and scarification board wide.

I out-activated, swooped in, swapped, strafed his 3 main attackers. Won init, strafed back to out-of-range. Missed a few on Tsavnong, but killed Khalee Lah and Shedao (Crit helped there). It was downhill from there. I then swapped in Mara end of round to finish off Tsavong, and spent the next round mopping up. He killed a few scrubs but it was just an unfair matchup.

There wasn't much to do here by either player, it was basically just decided by the matchup. I'd been holding back some of my best factions, but since it's clear I'm not making the top 4, I figured - no more f'ing around. N3rdSl4y3er got the brunt of it.
Mando
Posted: Monday, June 26, 2023 1:02:08 PM

cheich and I are playing our game tomorrow at 11am central
TimmerB123
Posted: Monday, June 26, 2023 1:58:00 PM

Whoever hasn't chosen a letter - choose one B, F, or I.

First response gets it

(Thinking ahead, I won’t post until after the last game this round is complete)
thereisnotry
Posted: Monday, June 26, 2023 7:15:35 PM

thereisnotry defeats Overley28 239-130 (3-1)

I had already used Rebels, Seps, Republic, Vong, and Sith.
Overley had already used Sith, Rebels, OR, Fringe, and Republic.

I chose NR:
http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/246324/uprising
--Uprising--
35 General Leia Organa
29 Chewbacca with Bowcaster
28 Han Solo with Bowcaster
30 Ben Solo, Redeemed
25 Rey
19 Finn
14 Luke Skywalker, Jedi Spirit
13 BB-8
6 Cobalt Squadron Pilot
(199pts. 9 activations)

Overley chose Seps:
http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/245983/vg---greater-alive
--VG - Greater Alive--
45 Dooku, Separatist Hero
33 Sora Bulq
31 Cara Dune
30 Tol Skorr
20 General Whorm Loathsom
16 BX Commando Droid Spotter
15 BX Commando Droid Sniper
6 Mouse Droid x2
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist
(199pts. 10 activations)

I won the map roll so we played on Desert Palace. Overley chose the right side, so I got the left.

Round 1: Nothing more than positioning. Neither of us scored gambit, and neither of us opened the door.

Round 2: The BX Spotter opened the door for Sora Bulq, who threw his LS at Finn for 20dmg (hit and miss). Luke then tossed Rey up to kill the Spotter. Cara moved up to Blast Cannon Rey, and even rolled a Crit, but Mettle from Luke allowed Rey to survive. Then Leia activated and pulled Rey back beside Ben, who used Han's Echo to Force Heal her. 26-10 for me.

Round 3: I locked the central door with BB-8 (Overley's Uggie was too far to reach the door this round). The rest of the round was positioning for the next round.

Round 4: I won init. The door was still locked and we both had our damage dealers within striking distance of each other. I went first and hid my Cobalt guy. He spun Whorm and a mouse. Then I said, whatever and pulled BB-8 back, which opened the door. Then I used Leia to teleport Ben right up beside Sora for 80dmg thanks to a crit, and I got really lucky since Sora missed both of his (twin) Djem So saves (now at 30hp). At this point Overley made a brilliant move, using Tol's Force Choke to pull Rey close so that Cara could then base her (no Evade) for the kill. This triggered Chewie, who went off on everyone who he could see, which was just Tol and Cara (40dmg to Cara because Tol's Shii-Cho Style made him too hard to hit. I then moved up with Chewie to take out Sora...and Chewie can now see basically all enemy characters. The Sniper and Dooku kill Chewie, except Ben uses Essence of Life to keep Chewie alive with 10hp. Finn moved up with gusto and Bravado to kill off Cara. The Uggie (with Twin!) tried to be a hero by attacking my 10hp Chewie (needing 17s) but only rolled a 15. 110-69 for me.

Round 5: I won the big init and used Chewie before he died, to put 80dmg on Dooku. Then Overley used Dooku to kill BB-8 by using LS Precision...this triggered Chewie again, who put another 40 on Dooku and killed the Uggie. The Sniper then killed Chewie (and Ben didn't have enough fp for another Essence of Life attempt). Leia moved up to finish off a 10hp Dooku (no cover), then teleported Han up beside everyone else. Han put 60dmg onto Tol, who then moved to kill Finn and hide in the small tunnel beside the center room. A mouse then ran up to block my access to Tol. Ben tried to attack it but missed...and I didn't fprr because I needed to save fp for Telekinesis next round. 168-130 for me.

Round 6: Overley won init and then missed a no-cover shot vs Ben. Leia killed a mouse and teleported Han beside Ben; Han then eliminated the Sniper. Ben once again missed an easy attack on a Mouse droid. Big turn here: Tol moved up and used Indiscriminate Rage to double-twin attack on Ben, but Ben used Telekinesis, and Tol missed his save...so instead of dying, Ben took no damage. Tol didn't go savage. 196-130 for me.

Round 7: Overley won init again, and this time Ben didn't have enough fp for Telekinesis...however, Tol only hit 3 of his attacks, so Ben lived with 10hp. Ben then struck back to kill Tol and the Mouse, which basically ended the game.

Wow, what a ride! Very bumpy and aggressive the whole way, once it actually got rolling. I couldn't believe that I locked the door at the start of the 3rd round, but I still didn't know how to play my squad very well, and my positioning was horrible at that point. Overley's brilliant move to kill Rey (and Luke) was a big turning point. Chewie staying alive thanks to Ben was also big, since he ended up doing 120dmg to Dooku as a result. In the end, it was just Han and Leia vs Whorm...so those 120 extra hp on Dooku could've been significant. At one point in the middle of Round 5 the score was 113-111, and pieces just kept flying off the board on each activation. Exciting stuff! Thanks for playing, Overley!
chiech22
Posted: Tuesday, June 27, 2023 3:56:52 AM

TimmerB123 wrote:
Whoever hasn't chosen a letter - choose one B, F, or I.

First response gets it

(Thinking ahead, I won’t post until after the last game this round is complete)

B
Mando
Posted: Tuesday, June 27, 2023 9:52:37 AM

Mando (3pts) defeats chiech22 (1pt): 214-107

I won map and we played on Rancor Pit

My squad:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/243555/fennder-bender--galactic-attrition-

--Fennder Bender (Galactic Attrition)--
38 Mandalore the Resurrector
33 Sabine Wren, Rebel Freedom Fighter
30 Fenn Rau
28 Kelborn
26 Fenn Shysa
26 Skull Squadron Officer
7 Mandalorian Crusader
6 Mandalorian Demolitionist
4 Mandalorian Guardsman
2 Kneesaa, Ewok Princess

(200pts. 10 activations)

chiech22's squad:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/245915/versatility-gauntlet--imperial-

--Versatility Gauntlet (imperial)--
43 Roan Fel, The True Emperor
32 Antares Draco
30 Ganner Krieg
26 Imperial Knight Strike Team Leader
40 Imperial Knight x2
8 Mas Amedda
8 R7 Astromech Droid
10 Imperial Dignitary x2
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist

(200pts. 11 activations)

chiech22's Imperial knghts had a hard time getting my guys down without taking a lot of damage early on.

Round 1: positoning

Round 2: Fenn's CE made my BG's dish out a lot of damage. Crusader gets rid of uggie and Dignitary with splash damage. The 2 regular imperial knights and Ganner both went down relatively early, but Fenn Rau took 60 dmg from it all with the BG. Sabine got the nerf bat handed to her when she tried to attack Antares Draco with Darksaber, making her do considerably less damage. Draco landed a crit on her latter to do 50 dmg but she bounced him away with her vambrace. Fenn's CE gets shut off by Roan Fel.

Round 3: I win init and get Sabine's attacks off and GMA, but only hits on one attack vs Draco. My skull squadron officer gets taken out by the strike team leader. Fenn Rau takes lots of shots vs draco but they all miss or get evaded. Fel tries to shut off my CE on Fenn Shysa again, but this time he makes the save.

Round 4: chiech won init. Fenn Shyssa got demolished by Antares Draco. No more free shots with BG and now i'm in trouble. My Crusader takes out and Imperial Dignitary with splash 10 and does 10 dmg to Draco. Draco goes down after Fenn Rau attacks and manages to hit and Fel takes some damage from Resurrector.

Round 5: I win the crucial init and take out Roan Fel with Resurrector ending the game.

great game! had some really horrible attack rolls and cheich was rolling well on evades and lightsaber block (got my Sabine nerfed hard with that cortosis gauntlet!). By the end of the game, i had a full hp Mandalore the Resurrector, but only 10 hp Fenn Rau and Kelborn. In the end tho i had too much attacks going through and no dark armor meant it stuck when i did get past evade. I think had chiech22 included the Imperial Knight Armorer i'd have been in huge trouble with all that damage mitigation. Was a lot of back and forth and was a pleasure getting to play against John cause he's a great player!
TimmerB123
Posted: Wednesday, June 28, 2023 11:38:06 AM

TimmerB123's Sith defeats chiech22's Yuuzhan Vong (104-75) (2-0)

I played:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/240178/jaqd-up--ochi-harth-edition---versatility-gauntlet-

--Jaq'd Up (Ochi Harth edition) {Versatility Gauntlet}--
62 Darth Revan, Sith Lord
36 Atton "Jaq" Rand
36 Set Harth, Dark Jedi
23 Ochi of Bestoon
20 DRK-1 Dark Eye Probe Droid
6 Mouse Droid x2
6 Rodian Brute x2
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist
6 XT-6 Droid x2
2 Kneesaa, Ewok Princess

(200pts. 13 activations)

chiech22 played:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/245883/versatility-gauntlet--vong-

--Versatility Gauntlet (vong)--
63 Warmaster Tsavong Lah
30 Supreme Overlord Quorreal
29 Domain Shai Subaltern
15 Yammosk War Coordinator
14 Yuuzhan Vong Elite Warrior
36 Domain Lah Warrior x3
8 R7 Astromech Droid
5 Zonoma Sekot Scout

Preferred Reinforcements:
(S. O. Quorreal) 12 Domain Lah Warrior
(S. O. Quorreal) 10 Zonoma Sekot Scout x2

(200pts. 13 activations)

Man I guess people like to use Yuuzhan Vong against me. 4/7 games vs Yuuzhan Vong (2-2 record). This tournament forces you to use different factions, but no guarantees what you'll face. I've only faced 3 different factions!

It was a delight playing and chatting with John. We were trying to figure out if we've met in person before. He mentioned one of the events he went to over a decade ago was a TILE WARS tournament at some guys apartment. I told him I'm sorta known as the TILE WARS guy, so of course that was my apartment! So funny.

Anyway - on to the game.

I just refuse to play the Sith garbage everyone seems to favor these days, so I played several pieces I've never played before, and slotted them into the old Revan SL and Jaq combo.

It turns out that it ended up being a favorable matchup for me. He did win map, and we played on Mushroom Planet, which made it much tougher to get off sweet twin barrages hitting tons of pieces.

He approached slowly and carefully. I lined up for a nifty 1-2 punch after init in round 2. Sprinted into gambit with Revan and took out his lead Lah Warrior, swapped in a Brute. I sacked an XT-droid to go with Atton, and tried to kill a second Warrior, but rolled a 5 (needing a 6, and since Vong no reroll) to keep him alive with 20hp left. He rolls in with his Zanoma Sekot scouts using charging fire and momentum, but their paltry attack missed (3 times in a row. There were a LOT of misses on both sides. Dice sucked). My rodian hits one of his scouts for 10. He finally kills the Rodian with his Elite, and brings up his 2 warriors into the center room. He out activates me by this point. I bring Set Harth around the bottom and he sprints his last warrior in to pop him for 40. I line Ochi up for some fun at the top of next round. But he keeps the door locked spoiling my fun. He gets gambit.

I win init again and decide to do 1/2 of what I wanted anyway. Since the DRK-1 scout was locked out of the room, it couldn't get into ideal position. But it got next to the door with Intuition. I blow the door with my Uggie, sack the other XT, and then go with Ochi. It was annoying - either I could tactical assault all of his ZS Scouts, and his Elite Warrior, or just hit 2 of his Lah Warriors by getting adjacent. Any direction I went, I was 1 square away from being able to hit EVERYTHING in that room. Acrobatic made me flip right by and get into position. I chose to take out the 2 warriors vs a slew of others, and succeeded to roll the three 3s. He does his double twin with his warrior down below next to Set Harth, but the low attack misses 3/4, leaving him with 20hp. He then takes his elite to attack Ochi, and hits 1 of 2 for 20. I fly my DRK-1 droid into the middle of gambit basing his scouts, and pop 1 for 10 (thinking if he defeats the droid it would self destruct and take them all out.), then get a mouse into position. He tries to pull away from the probe droid, and my droid misses the AoO for the kill, but he also misses on Ochi. Then the second time I actually hit on the AoO, and he'd already been hit by my rodian, so it dies. I move up kneesaa and CRIT a ZS Scout, killing it (Best roll of the DAY!) I bring in Jaq and hit then miss on his Elite, leaving it with 30hp. He starts to move his command crew up, and I sprint around the bottom to get the horizontal middle door open, taking a twin AoO from the warrior (miss miss, needed 15s) and swap Set Harth in to do a barrage. I kill his last ZS scout, but miss FOUR SHOTS IN A ROW needing only a 6 to hit, leaving his last Lah warrior still with 40 and the Elite still with 30. Take a swat at the warrior with my rodian, and roll a 1. Both get gambit

Then I roll a 1 for init (of course!), and his Lah Warrior breaks away from Ravan and the Brute, taking 2 AoOs. I hit with Revan (crab armor save) and I hit with the Brute (crab armor save), dealing a total of 10 damage to the Lah Warrior. Set Harth dies by the hand of the Lah Warrior (miss then hit). I roll in with Atton to try and kill both the Lah Warrior and the Elite (both with 30hp left). Atton hits both, the Lah fails the VCA save and dies, the Elite makes his and lives. Next I runs Ochi just outside the room, and tactical assault the Elite, R7 and Daddy Lah who has moved up by this time. I kill the Elite, miss, miss on the R7, and hit, crit on Daddy Lah. Daddy Lah and the Subaltern strike back, taking Ochi down to 10hp. Time had run out bu this point, and Revan was just a little too far away to do anything but hit Warmaster a couple times, knowing him down to 120.

1 more round would probably have finished of the Warmaster (he is a lot of meat to work through.) Other than that he had the Subaltern with 50hp, Quorreal untouched, and the R7. So in the end it was not as close as the score, his main damage dealers were all dead and I had untouched Atton, untouched Revan, and Ochi still alive. We could have declared an extra round as there was a lot of rules clarifying and calculating things and re-looking up things etc., but it didn't matter so didn't feel any need to do that. It was actually a much more enjoyable game to play at a reasonable pace and not just rush for the sake of rushing. It was sincerely a pleasure to play John. We talked tactics and squad building, and the Vset learning curve, etc, etc. I think it could have been much different if he built his squad with Zenoc Quah instead of Quorreal. Shaper + Evade would be a whole different game. I was happy to play a fun squad the was tactical and interesting. So much better than running in and just smashing in the middle. Happy to play with such a great guy, we really had fun.
urbanjedi
Posted: Saturday, July 1, 2023 7:13:09 PM

urbanjedi defeats gandalfthegreatestwizard 227-66

I had already played rebels, fringe, NR, Republic, OR, and seps
I chose to play mandos
http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/223739/io-triumphe-

Gandalf already played Rebels, NR, Fringe, Sith, Vong, Imps
he chose Republic
http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/245707/jorus-chorus

I won map and we played on rebel fortress.

He choose right side and I Was on the left.

Rd 1
The action started right away as at the end of rd 1, he charging assaulted with anakin (with force phase) after lifting him up to smash into talon which was a little bit of a surprise to me about how far he could get up the board.

Rd 2
He won the init and gave up some AoOs for another charge so he could kill talon and rolled exactly what he needed to kill anakin. I took some damage with mira but finished off anakin with grenades, then was starting to work on his other characters.

Rd 3
I think it was this round that he moved up aayla to assault (from Obi) and then whiffed on 3 of 4 attacks. I counterpushed back and then with flamethrowered with din djarin to finish off foul (and the ghost) and do 20 more to aayla. He then used dark woman to pull Din out and hit him, he counterpushed obi (who was also adjacent). This gave me an opportunity to try and kill obi before he went with montross, but I missed an attack which let obi Use the force and do more damage to din, which finally triggererd tribal intervention, which finally dropped obi.

Rd 4
I started winning inits now that the ghost was dead, and did a bunch of damage to aayla. He finished off mira, and I kept trying to finish off his guys.

Rd 5
Won init again and finished off aayla. He missed some damage and I made a JMT save from jorus. and then a bunch of damage to him.

Rd 6
Finished off dark woman, made another JMT save, and then finally finished off Joruus to finish off the game.

Some of the rolls definitely went my way, but it seemed like gandalf was at a disadvantage going in as he would have to expend a lot of stuff to take out talon, and my 2 big attackers were still doing 30 damage shots with pretty high attacks.

spryguy1981
Posted: Sunday, July 2, 2023 4:16:39 AM

J's Squad looks eerily familiar LOL
Mando
Posted: Monday, July 3, 2023 8:28:08 AM

thereisnotry and I will be having out game today at 12pm central
Mando
Posted: Monday, July 3, 2023 11:24:25 AM

Mando (3pts) defeats Thereisnotry (0pts) : 204-10

I won map roll so we played on Modular Base. Tint set up on the left side.

My squad (Republic):

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/245667/yodas-chaperones--galactic-attrition-

--Yoda's Chaperones (Galactic Attrition)--
55 Yoda, Master of the Order
44 Yaddle, Jedi Master
21 The Dark Woman
20 Captain Tarpals
16 Jax Pavan
16 Qui-Gon Jinn, Force Spirit
14 Coleman Trebor
9 R2-D2, Astromech Droid
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist
2 Kneesaa, Ewok Princess

(200pts. 10 activations)

thereisnotry's squad (Fringe):

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/224296/bobas-talons

--Boba's Talons--
50 Boba Fett, Assassin for Hire
42 Embo
32 Talon Karrde, Information Broker
31 Morrigan Corde
28 Mira of Nar Shaddaa
8 R7 Astromech Droid
3 Rodian Brute
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2

(200pts. 9 activations)

It was the battle of the Trevor's in this match!

Round 1: positioning for the most part. I gave Yoda an extra FP with Light Tutor at the start of the game and used Qui Gon to haunt Yoda. I towed Dark Woman up with R2 and locked the door into gambit to prevent Trevor from shooting my guys up with Boba or Morrigan. I brought up Yoda next to R2 to be towed next init. After tint had activated all his pieces, I made a bold move with Dark Woman to phase through the gambit room and use Master speed to try and get 20 damage onto Talon Karrde. I hit the attack and Talon was down to 60hp. Dark Woman takes no damagewith Shien on the aoo from Boba to get there and Boba fails the Shien save.

Round 2: I win init and allow tint to go first. He moves Mira up with Talon's CE. He chooses to try and damage Dark Woman up with Boba and gets 30 dmg through on the Triple after she makes her Shien Style saves. Boba makes all his saves from the Shien. I tow up Yoda and get him to within 8 squares of Talon. Yoda then goes and GMA with Acrobatic and spending a fp for 2 extra movement to get adjacent to Talon and Mira, landing 60 dmg onto Talon and doing 30 more with Lightsaber Throw on mira since the Ysalmiri was gone now. With Talon gone now, things went much more in my squads favor. Yoda ended up takes a lot of damage from Morrigan, Mira and Embo, leaving him with 40hp at the end of the round and zero FP with having failed all his saves to reflect the damage. Dark Woman does LSA twice on Embo but only lands 2 attacks. Coleman also attacks Boba twice with Master Speed and LSA, dealing 80dmg to him. Embo is at 30 hp, Boba is at 10hp and so I take an aoo with Jax Pavan to Master Speed + LSA to take out both of them. Morrigan retreats away to a safe spot after she did her damage against Yoda.

Round 3: I lose the initial init roll, but choose to Sense the Future with Qui-Gon and swap inits so i can go first. Yoda takes out a rodian and moves adjacent to R2 with Agile. Trevor moves Mira to get a los onto Yoda and shoots him with no cover, but he makes the save to reflect the damage and Mira fails the save taking 20 dmg. Yoda takes 20 dmg more and is down to 20hp. Mira ducks around the corner with Agile. I retreat with r2 and Yoda and put Pavan in front to prevent Morrigan from shooting Yoda. Dark Woman uses Force Phase to get past the locked door and walls to base Mira with Master Speed and Phase to deal the last 20 dmg to her and defeat Mira. Morrigan does 40 dmg to Yaddle with Charging Fire. Coleman and Yaddle both base Morrigan and take her out.

Round 4: I lose init again and swap inits to win it, so i take out the r7 with Yaddle and that ends the game as I am now over 200pts.

This game had me nervous when I saw what thereisnotry was bringing to the table! Because thereisnotry is such a great player, I had to bring out one of my best squads to the table to try and get a victory and I was fully expecting Trevor to play an amazing Mando squad. Yet here he was playing something just as deadly if not worse for my squad to deal with! I knew that I had only 1 way to try and win and that was to take Talon out with Dark Woman and Yoda working together, and to do that I needed use Force Phase and Master Speed to land 20 dmg on him with Dark Woman. Thankfully she hit her attack and that made it possible for Yoda to finish him off. Had Talon not been defeated early in round 2, the game would have been completely different. I would have been able to reach Talon eventually with my other Jedi, but Trevor would have gotten to land a bunch more attacks for higher damage and I'm sure I would have lost more pieces. I almost lost Yoda with my aggressive tactics but it paid off to get rid of Talon right away. I went with a different Yoda/Yaddle squad build than most people play because I feel that Dark Woman is a very useful piece with her Force Phase and Jax Pavan is great vs enemies with Parry and is a pain for shooters to take out with Shien + Mettle. It might not do as much damage as a Yoda/Yaddle squad with Saesee Tiin and Ima Gun Di squad does, but it can do enough damage to key targets to give the Republic a chance to win.

Good game Trevor!
TimmerB123
Posted: Monday, July 3, 2023 12:16:38 PM

Thinking ahead - whoever hasn't picked a letter - please pick either F or I.

This will be the final pick (then the week after we will play the other, which will be the only opponent we haven't faced.)

I won't post until after the final match this round
TimmerB123
Posted: Monday, July 3, 2023 7:57:15 PM

TimmerB123 wrote:
Thinking ahead - whoever hasn't picked a letter - please pick either F or I.

This will be the final pick (then the week after we will play the other, which will be the only opponent we haven't faced.)

I won't post until after the final match this round

gandalfthegreatestwizard chose F

I'll post what that actually is after the final 2 matches this round, which it sounds like are happening tomorrow (Tues).

depending on what time results are posted, I'll post next week's matchups before or after I get off work in the Evening.

Looking ahead - once I post the next round's matches, everyone will know who their final round opponent is.

I would request that although it may seem efficient, please don't play your round 9 match before all round 8 matches are finished. It might effect what factions are played, etc. But once the final round 8 match has been played - you may go ahead and play your round 9 match, no need to wait for me to post.
spryguy1981
Posted: Tuesday, July 4, 2023 6:53:44 AM

Spryguy1981 (3) defeats N3rdsl4y3r (0) 240-82 on Theed.
I ran http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/246698/a-strand-of-3-cordes--vg-
50 Boba Fett, Assassin for Hire
32 Thrawn
31 Morrigan Corde
30 Mara Jade, Hand of Judgement
27 Lobot
13 Amanin Scout
8 Mas Amedda
6 Rodian Brute x2
3 Mouse Droid
Reinforcements were
R7, 2 Brutes, 2 Uggies

N3rd ran http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/245865/vg-mando--satines-protectors
58 Mandalore the Vindicated
40 Obi-Wan Kenobi, Honorary Mandalorian
28 Kelborn
28 Mira of Nar Shaddaa
24 Mandalorian Tactician
22 Dutchess Satine Kryze

R1 was some positioning. I ran the Amanin 18 and swapped in Boba who put 90 on MtV with a crit.

R2 I win init and put 20 more on MtV. He moves with 3, puts 40 on Mara, 20 on Morrigan, and kills a brute. Mara kills Mira. I swap in Morrigan who uses Charging to kill MtV.

R3 I win init and use Boba to kill the Tactician and put 20 on Kelborn. Morrigan and Brute combine to kill off Kelborn and Obi kills off Mara. I put 30 on Satine

R4 I win init and get Obi down to 20 with Morrigan and Boba, he gets 40 on Morrigan.

R5 I kill Obi and Satine.

It was a fun game and I enjoyed getting to play N3rd. For once my Thrawn inits didn't ruin my life like they usually do.
N3rdSl4y3r
Posted: Tuesday, July 4, 2023 8:22:46 AM

spryguy1981 wrote:
For once my Thrawn inits didn't ruin my life like they usually do.

They did ruin mine, haha. Thanks for playing Spry, it was a fun game
Overley28
Posted: Tuesday, July 4, 2023 8:45:14 AM

Overley28 (3) defeats UrbanShmi (0) on modular base 229-167.
Yes, usually a point is scored for UrbanShmi but halfway through the game it was realized that Arca Jeth is not allowed in the squad due to the rival of Army of Light Training Sergeant.

Overley28 team:
http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/245986/vg---resist-to-lose
35 General Leia Organa
30 Ben Solo, Redeemed
29 Chewbacca with Bowcaster
28 Han Solo with Bowcaster
25 Rey
19 Finn
14 Luke Skywalker, Jedi Spirit
13 BB-8
6 Cobalt Squadron Pilot

UrbanShmi team:
http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/243348/sarro-not-sorry
45 Valenthyne Farfalla
40 Sarro Xaj
33 Vima Sunrider
27 Army of Light Training Sergeant
18 Arca Jeth, Jedi Spirit
16 Johun Othone
11 Teethree (T3-M4)
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2
3 XT-6 Droid

Preferred Reinforcements:
(Farfalla) 20 Mirialan Jedi Knight

Round 1 was positioning and at the end I was able to use Leia's movement CE to move Chewie up into gambit and also kill T3M4 with accurate as T3M4 used override to keep one of the main room doors open.

Round 2 UrbanShmi wins init and charges with Vima to get a kill on Chewie. Rey and Finn combine to kill Vima which also kills Arca. Around this point is where it was realized that the squad was not legal but we decided to still play it out. Sarro and Farfalla move up and try attacking Rey and BB-8. Rey has a few parry saves and used droid defender also to protect BB-8. BB-8 uses distraction to get rid of evade and Jarkai

Round 3 I win and use Han to kill the Mirialan jedi. Othone moves up and kills BB-8. Ben and Finn end up killing Othone.

Round 4 I win and use leviation with Luke to protect Ben. UrbanShmi ends up using Farfalla and Sarro to kill Rey and Luke Ghost. Han and Finn end up killing Farfalla.

Round 5 UrbanShmi wins and uses army of light sergeant to attack and kills Finn. Han kills Sarro.

Round 6 I finish off army of light sergeant.

Overall pretty close game and it was a fun game to play against UrbanShmi!