RegisterDonateLogin

Allies within 6 squares gain Bloo Milk.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Master Fisto? Options
Topher_Champion_Of_The_Force
Posted: Saturday, October 31, 2009 1:51:15 PM
Groups: Member

is Fisto really worth his points? it doesn't seem like it to me.
is something left out on his stats? and, wasn't somebody
from this set supposed to have light tutor?
Uggie Demo
Posted: Saturday, October 31, 2009 1:55:57 PM

I think so...I dont know
engineer
Posted: Saturday, October 31, 2009 2:01:52 PM

Keep in mind, he is a follower (not a commander). Think of the possibilities to bump up his attacks (and damage).
Weaver
Posted: Saturday, October 31, 2009 2:08:33 PM

I do not believe Kit is worth his points. While he can hit reasonably hard, he has no defense against attacks, neither at range or in close, and there's nothing in Republic that can help him about that.
mercenary_moose
Posted: Saturday, October 31, 2009 2:13:27 PM

Weaver wrote:
I do not believe Kit is worth his points. While he can hit reasonably hard, he has no defense against attacks, neither at range or in close, and there's nothing in Republic that can help him about that.

Well said.
Weeks
Posted: Saturday, October 31, 2009 2:36:58 PM

well even though he is a follower and you can boost him up like crazy the question becomes. Do you want to? Throw him with Grand Master Yoda or Gen Sky and he gets a boost but thats over half your team if you do. I think he's fun to use if he cost 50 over 60 id use him all the time. Shi-Cho is pretty cool when it works, but he doesnt even have deflect or block or stealth or evade or ANY way to get those powers so you have to use him so carefully you cant make his points up.
dnemiller
Posted: Saturday, October 31, 2009 3:03:27 PM

Weaver wrote:

Wow... i am going to have to totally disagree with you. What is so hard about running Kit??? How is it he is not worth his points because of his lack of deflect and so many people think Rex is????

Why not use concealment????

Republic has some of the best movement breakers in the game. So you are saying that a Kit that is a follower with surprise move cannot be worth 60 points????

You could not use Panaka to get him in and out????

I sometimes think people dont think much of melee because it is harder to run than ranged pieces. Well if anyone can run Rex at 16 defense with no evade and call that good I certainly dont understand how they cannot use Kit.
Weaver
Posted: Saturday, October 31, 2009 3:06:03 PM

Because Rex does not have melee attack, nor does he cost 60 points. He also has Greater Mobile Attack. At 100 points, Kit is virtually unplayable; he's nearly your entire squad, and he's incredibly vulnerable. At 150, he is slightly more playable, but as your points go up, your opponent's threats get bigger, so he becomes less playable. At 200, he would likely die after getting a single round of attacks off, if he's lucky.
dnemiller
Posted: Saturday, October 31, 2009 3:15:35 PM

Weaver wrote:
Because Rex does not have melee attack, nor does he cost 60 points. He also has Greater Mobile Attack. At 100 points, Kit is virtually unplayable; he's nearly your entire squad, and he's incredibly vulnerable. At 150, he is slightly more playable, but as your points go up, your opponent's threats get bigger, so he becomes less playable. At 200, he would likely die after getting a single round of attacks off, if he's lucky.

Well I will disagree that his any less vunerable than Rex. Why does greater mobile make Rex more of a survivor than Kit???? Because you conceal him after shooting????

Well why would it be impossible for me to keep Kit concealed until I am ready to attack with him???? i dont believe that is impossible. in fact I believe in five years of playing i have generally never had a problem with that.

Look if you think he is overcosted that is fine.... but dont blame his playability on his lack of defense. Really that is choice of how you play him. If you can figure out how to keep Rex alive.... well then you should be able to do the same with Kit.

Melee can be run just as effectively as ranged..... they just wont jump into attacks in round one.
Weaver
Posted: Saturday, October 31, 2009 3:23:24 PM

If you want to make that argument, everything with melee attack is as good as everything without it, because you can just conceal them before they attack. It's not a good argument at all.

It's also not a matter of Rex being more or less vulnerable than Kit, even though he is less vulnerable because he has ranged attack and G.Mobile. It's a matter of their vulnerability at their point cost. Rex has G.Mobile, which locks someone out of attacking him while he attacks them at full effectiveness. Kit does not.
dnemiller
Posted: Saturday, October 31, 2009 3:41:22 PM

Weaver wrote:
If you want to make that argument, everything with melee attack is as good as everything without it, because you can just conceal them before they attack. It's not a good argument at all.

It's also not a matter of Rex being more or less vulnerable than Kit, even though he is less vulnerable because he has ranged attack and G.Mobile. It's a matter of their vulnerability at their point cost. Rex has G.Mobile, which locks someone out of attacking him while he attacks them at full effectiveness. Kit does not.

I again disagree with your entire second paragraph. I will gladly get on vassal and you can demonstrate to me why Kit is not owrht running. I will use Kit and you can use a ton of shooters.....
Weaver
Posted: Saturday, October 31, 2009 4:25:36 PM

pet⋅u⋅lant  /ˈpɛtʃələnt/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [pech-uh-luhnt]

–adjective moved to or showing sudden, impatient irritation, esp. over some trifling annoyance

And, as we are on a forum, he is also definitively a forum-goer. It's not so much an insult as an observation.
maverick
Posted: Saturday, October 31, 2009 4:27:49 PM

I personally like Kit. He's fun to work teams around. He is fairly expensive yes, but thats why R2 is so cheap. Well thats not why, but its a good combo, and the fact that Kit can kill Rex in one turn says a lot.
EmporerDragon
Posted: Saturday, October 31, 2009 4:33:26 PM

The vassal challenge is not impatient irritation, it is simply the best way to prove a point in SWM. After all, what better way is there to show someone how powerful or weak something is than by actually playing the game?
Weaver
Posted: Saturday, October 31, 2009 4:36:18 PM

I wasn't referencing the challenge when I said petulant, I was referencing miller's need to reply to my post in, what seems to me due to the wording and gratuitious use of question marks, a condescending manner.
dnemiller
Posted: Saturday, October 31, 2009 4:59:34 PM

Weaver wrote:
I wasn't referencing the challenge when I said petulant, I was referencing miller's need to reply to my post in, what seems to me due to the wording and gratuitious use of question marks, a condescending manner.

Wow hilarious!!!

Because I challenge your ideas on an open forum meant for discussion you get angry and start calling names????

Oh that is too funny.

So for me not to become an irritation to you I just need to drink the ranged shooters are always better kool-aid and I am fine????

I am challenging your ideas because you said Kit could not last long enough to justify his cost. I disagree with you. Kit can justify his cost played correctly. He can be worth 60 points if I decide to be patient with him. So you are saying that if I could surpirse move Kit to base Cad Bane after winning init he would not be worth his 60 points???

If you dont have vassal please by all means go to this thread on Gamers:

http://swmgamers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7841

It is pictured turtorial of how to porperly set up vassal for use with Star Wars Minis.

Weaver
Posted: Saturday, October 31, 2009 5:04:48 PM

You clearly either don't understand, or are simply ignoring the point I'm trying to make, but either way, I've already posted too much in this topic. We disagree, and I'll leave it there. If you feel like continuing this unneccessarily spirited discussion, I have an Inbox.
TK-4334
Posted: Sunday, November 1, 2009 12:13:53 AM

I think, Rex and Kit are not good enought for their costs, because u can get much better Chars for the same points. Thats the point.

So i mean no matter if theire are worth thier points or not. Their are better Chars for the same cost, eventually underpriced ? Sure ! but better.
Topher_Champion_Of_The_Force
Posted: Sunday, November 1, 2009 12:18:54 AM

ok everybody, you're all allowed to voice your opinion,
and everybody has their own opinion, and i think that
miller, you can safely assume that weaver doesn't want
to waste anymore time on Fisto and you can play Fisto as
much as you want, you can play him to your hearts content.
but i personally think that 60 pionts could be much better spent.
whatever your opinion is, you can tell me on this post, and if guys
want to argue,(as long as it doesn't get too heated) they can.
when people argue, you get down to some kind of resolution, and
that's a good thing, not that arguing is neccesarily a good thing.
i have to admit though miller, i'd like to see the results of a game
with Fisto vs........whatever.
dnemiller
Posted: Sunday, November 1, 2009 4:43:43 AM

Topher_Champion_Of_The_Force wrote:
ok everybody, you're all allowed to voice your opinion,
and everybody has their own opinion, and i think that
miller, you can safely assume that weaver doesn't want
to waste anymore time on Fisto and you can play Fisto as
much as you want, you can play him to your hearts content.
but i personally think that 60 pionts could be much better spent.
whatever your opinion is, you can tell me on this post, and if guys
want to argue,(as long as it doesn't get too heated) they can.
when people argue, you get down to some kind of resolution, and
that's a good thing, not that arguing is neccesarily a good thing.
i have to admit though miller, i'd like to see the results of a game
with Fisto vs........whatever.

well being as I am the one that keeps getting called out despite the fact I did not resort to name calling I will say this.

I am sure you can run Kit Fisto sucessfully. My 15 year old went 3-1 with him at our LGS last week. So I am pretty sure that I think I can handle him.