RegisterDonateLogin

Warning: Do not drink within 1 hour of using Sith Rage.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Alarming Development Options
dahatchetjeedi
Posted: Wednesday, January 6, 2010 4:42:26 PM
Groups: Member

Millertime wrote:
dahatchetjeedi wrote:
Boris The Blade wrote:
Sithborg wrote:
Boris The Blade wrote:
why was i banned for 5 minutes?
i havent even done anything and Im already being banned?

You were not. Likely, you tried to access the thread while I was cleaning it, and I had moved it to an area where you can't access.

unnacceptable.
you are cleaning this up, yes, but it still exists.
what we need here is a conclusion, not an editor.
regardless of how many times you want to clean this up, it will keep popping up.
its inevitable. whether its me, MDB, Jonathan, Matt, Jason, any of our friends in this REGION. this is a mess, and editing with a virtual broom will not clean it up

and this is exactly why tony quit last night...
too many chiefs on this site ruining it for everyone very slowly.
Im almost sorry I got you guys into this game!

Well if you don't like this site don't come to it go build your own and live by your rules...problem solved

see people like this that make others not want to play the game...
youre actually one of the reasons tony quit last night arent you?!?
joelker41
Posted: Wednesday, January 6, 2010 4:42:44 PM

dahatchetjeedi wrote:
Sithborg wrote:
Banned/suspended users will of course be notified as to the reason. The reasons for punishments is NOT up for public debate, and only causes issues. The lynch mob mentality does not foster a good forum enviroment.

what a laugh!!!
if thats the case why hasnt anyone told MDB why he is banned?

Just out of curiousity have you read any of his posts?

That is a laugh that anyone should have to explain that considering the lengthy diatribe and history he has had with the mods.
Eroschilles
Posted: Wednesday, January 6, 2010 4:43:18 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I'm pretty sure MDB knows why he was banned or at least has an idea why he was banned. If someone wants to know, they can ask him and he should be able to explain it. Please keep this on topic. Which was about transparency of mod action. I'm for a certain amount of transparency, but I'm not sure if specific punishments and why they occurred is one of the things I feel comfortable about.
Millertime
Posted: Wednesday, January 6, 2010 4:43:45 PM

Boris The Blade wrote:

seans banning puts a huge hinder on our tournemant we are supposed to be having on the 16th.

How does his banning effect your tourny? he can still play...he can still register to DCI...if it is a squad issue there re other tools out there to use to build
jew3
Posted: Wednesday, January 6, 2010 4:44:14 PM

Boris The Blade wrote:
Sithborg wrote:
Boris The Blade wrote:

You were not. Likely, you tried to access the thread while I was cleaning it, and I had moved it to an area where you can't access.

unnacceptable.
regardless of how many times you want to clean this up, it will keep popping up.
its inevitable. whether its me, MDB, Jonathan, Matt, Jason, any of our friends in this REGION. this is a mess, and editing with a virtual broom will not clean it up

Really
a conspiracy theory against Tennessee.
dahatchetjeedi
Posted: Wednesday, January 6, 2010 4:45:51 PM

Eroschilles wrote:
I'm pretty sure MDB knows why he was banned or at least has an idea why he was banned. If someone wants to know, they can ask him and he should be able to explain it. Please keep this on topic. Which was about transparency of mod action. I'm for a certain amount of transparency, but I'm not sure if specific punishments and why they occurred is one of the things I feel comfortable about.

you are apparently only privy to the mod's edited version of this forum...
Millertime
Posted: Wednesday, January 6, 2010 4:46:47 PM

dahatchetjeedi wrote:
Millertime wrote:
dahatchetjeedi wrote:
Boris The Blade wrote:
Sithborg wrote:
Boris The Blade wrote:

unnacceptable.

Well if you don't like this site don't come to it go build your own and live by your rules...problem solved

If your talking to me I have no clue who Tony is unless that is SFOB and know I wasn't even aware of his going away thread or of anything that hapened yesterday because i was in bed getting ready to drove back to college in the morning and you would be one f the reasons this thread is turning into a flame war just let it go if you have a problem with the mods take it up with them via pm.
dahatchetjeedi
Posted: Wednesday, January 6, 2010 4:47:17 PM

jew3 wrote:
Boris The Blade wrote:
Sithborg wrote:
Boris The Blade wrote:

unnacceptable.

Really
a conspiracy theory against Tennessee.

you really do take everything out of context dont you?
Eroschilles
Posted: Wednesday, January 6, 2010 4:49:12 PM

dahatchetjeedi wrote:
Eroschilles wrote:

I'm not quite sure what you are refering to, but I was trying to redirect the topic back unto what it is supposed to be. As was said many times already, punishments will not be discussed in public. If you are that curious and want to discuss the ruling on behalf of your friend, PM me and I can try to explain better.
dahatchetjeedi
Posted: Wednesday, January 6, 2010 4:50:16 PM

Millertime wrote:
dahatchetjeedi wrote:
Millertime wrote:
dahatchetjeedi wrote:
Boris The Blade wrote:
Sithborg wrote:
Boris The Blade wrote:

unnacceptable.

If your talking to me I have no clue who Tony is unless that is SFOB and know I wasn't even aware of his going away thread or of anything that hapened yesterday because i was in bed getting ready to drove back to college in the morning and you would be one f the reasons this thread is turning into a flame war just let it go if you have a problem with the mods take it up with them via pm.

no idea huh???Huh
didnt take you long to figure it out then!
I just think he deserves an explanation...
oh, and I already have taken up my problem with the mod who threatened me earlier...
dahatchetjeedi
Posted: Wednesday, January 6, 2010 4:52:26 PM

Eroschilles wrote:
dahatchetjeedi wrote:
Eroschilles wrote:

I'm not quite sure what you are refering to, but I was trying to redirect the topic back unto what it is supposed to be. As was said many times already, punishments will not be discussed in public. If you are that curious and want to discuss the ruling on behalf of your friend, PM me and I can try to explain better.

never said I wanted it discussed publicly...Cursing
why dont you just send HIM a straight answer?
nobody else will...
Cursing
eMouse
Posted: Wednesday, January 6, 2010 4:52:53 PM

Boris The Blade wrote:
even if a site has its own sets of rules, it still has other rules that it needs to follow, and right now in this Juncture, it is not abiding by the guidelines of owning a forum.
Im sorry, but these are the facts.

That's your opinion. The only core rule on a forum like this is that the owner of the forum gets to set the rules of the forum.

If someone becomes such a headache that their activities get the attention of the site owner, they're probably going to get banned, no matter what they think they might or might not have done.
Ruhk
Posted: Wednesday, January 6, 2010 4:53:31 PM

my comment was out of place, I'm sorry I accused dahatchetjeedi of being someone he is not.
dahatchetjeedi
Posted: Wednesday, January 6, 2010 4:56:27 PM

Ruhk wrote:
my comment was out of place, I'm sorry I accused dahatchetjeedi of being someone he is not.

thank you...
willfully accepted!
dahatchetjeedi
Posted: Wednesday, January 6, 2010 4:57:32 PM

eMouse wrote:
Boris The Blade wrote:
even if a site has its own sets of rules, it still has other rules that it needs to follow, and right now in this Juncture, it is not abiding by the guidelines of owning a forum.
Im sorry, but these are the facts.

That's your opinion. The only core rule on a forum like this is that the owner of the forum gets to set the rules of the forum.

If someone becomes such a headache that their activities get the attention of the site owner, they're probably going to get banned, no matter what they think they might or might not have done.

but nowhere in your statement does it say that the mods can make rules as they go...
so why do they?

The rules are in every forum. We are not making up new ones, just enforcing the ones that exist.
Eroschilles
Posted: Wednesday, January 6, 2010 4:57:36 PM

I would send MDB a message if he asked me, but I'm not the one who made the final decision and he can talk it out with Shinja. I'm also pretty sure he knows exactly why he was banned.
Boris The Blade
Posted: Wednesday, January 6, 2010 4:57:54 PM

Ruhk wrote:

and my apology?
Boris The Blade
Posted: Wednesday, January 6, 2010 4:58:27 PM

Ruhk wrote:

and my apology?
Ruhk
Posted: Wednesday, January 6, 2010 5:01:50 PM

I simply asked you who you were, as you're a new member.
swinefeld
Posted: Wednesday, January 6, 2010 5:02:07 PM

Millertime has every reason to be indignant with the "child" remark. That is baiting.