RegisterDonateLogin

Mudhole? Slimy? Bloo Milk, it is!

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Mandalorian Pascifists Options
qvos
Posted: Sunday, February 14, 2010 12:11:39 AM
Groups: Member

Orn Free Ta ALways has Food and Hot Twileks by his side. He must be doing something right!!Flapper
Sithborg
Posted: Tuesday, February 16, 2010 12:30:17 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

So I finished the trilogy tonight, and man, is the uproar not needed. The Pacifists are training to fight the Death Watch, allowing the warrior culture to return. Bravo, bravo. I think if it had been the first one, not nearly as many would be as upset, but blasted, that was a good trilogy.

I suspect, with the rumors of Boba Fett making an appearence in the show later, that might be what has Traviss upset (they did cancel the Fett book on her).
qvos
Posted: Tuesday, February 16, 2010 2:41:10 PM

Sithborg wrote:
So I finished the trilogy tonight, and man, is the uproar not needed. The Pacifists are training to fight the Death Watch, allowing the warrior culture to return. Bravo, bravo. I think if it had been the first one, not nearly as many would be as upset, but blasted, that was a good trilogy.

I suspect, with the rumors of Boba Fett making an appearence in the show later, that might be what has Traviss upset (they did cancel the Fett book on her).

I could be wrong, But didn't Travis Decide she didn't want to write the Fett Book, Or did Lucas say Ba- Bye?
Sithborg
Posted: Tuesday, February 16, 2010 2:42:32 PM

Fett book was cancelled on her, Imperial Commandos 2 she opted not to do.
carnorjax1
Posted: Tuesday, February 16, 2010 4:59:29 PM

Sithborg wrote:

I thought Imp. Commando 2 was going to be her last book?
seibermaki
Posted: Tuesday, February 16, 2010 7:13:25 PM

I'm only annoyed with Obi-Wan constantly wearing the armored costume... Why can't they change it up and have him in his Episode III Jedi Outfit instead of the "front lines general" one?
LoboStele
Posted: Wednesday, February 17, 2010 3:33:17 AM

carnorjax1 wrote:
Sithborg wrote:

I thought Imp. Commando 2 was going to be her last book?

Nope. IC1 was the last. LFL cancelled the Boba Fett book so it wouldn't conflict with the upcoming live-action TV series. Karen cancelled IC2 based on 'irreconcilable differences' between her series and the cartoon. I haven't seen the last episode yet (stupid DCR screwed up on me on Friday, so waiting for the re-run tonight), but I guess there's something about it that she didn't feel like fighting with.

Could be that she backed out of IC2 over the frustration of the whole thing. I know I would be inclined to do that. Plus, sounded like Del Ray wasn't treating her that great, and since she was being tapped to work on both the Gears of War and Halo series, plus her own work, plus other stuff too, she had more than enough to do, and took sort of a "well, if you're going to treat me like that, I don't need you then either" approach.
IG-108
Posted: Wednesday, February 17, 2010 12:19:42 PM

seibermaki wrote:
I'm only annoyed with Obi-Wan constantly wearing the armored costume... Why can't they change it up and have him in his Episode III Jedi Outfit instead of the "front lines general" one?

Perhaps he's always in the "front lines general" armor because, more often than not, he's actually on the front lines slicing up droids and such. He's almost always busy commanding troops and fighting droids, so why change out of the armor?
carnorjax1
Posted: Wednesday, February 17, 2010 1:33:10 PM

IG-108 wrote:
seibermaki wrote:

Perhaps he's always in the "front lines general" armor because, more often than not, he's actually on the front lines slicing up droids and such. He's almost always busy commanding troops and fighting droids, so why change out of the armor?

Becuase I doubt Satine finds him as attractive when he smells horrible.
Roland Alistair
Posted: Wednesday, February 17, 2010 3:50:50 PM

quote]
Becuase I doubt Satine finds him as attractive when he smells horrible.[/quote]

ThumbsUp
LoboStele
Posted: Thursday, February 18, 2010 1:58:48 AM

^^ HAHAHAHA

Seriously though, I would bet that the lack of wardrobe change has more to do with making the animators' lives easier than anything else. ;)
Sithborg
Posted: Thursday, February 18, 2010 2:51:06 AM

Also why Orn Free Taa keeps popping up everywhere.
qvos
Posted: Thursday, February 18, 2010 5:56:01 AM

Sithborg wrote:

Thats right I do remember that. i wish she would have written IC2 though. I just finished the last one and enjoyed it..
SquelchDog
Posted: Thursday, February 18, 2010 9:20:10 AM

Sithborg wrote:

Because he is a Mac-Daddy! Woot MD "O" Gotta keep the Bloo Hand Strong!
seibermaki
Posted: Thursday, February 18, 2010 11:04:21 AM

LoboStele wrote:
^^ HAHAHAHA

Seriously though, I would bet that the lack of wardrobe change has more to do with making the animators' lives easier than anything else. ;)

It would be great to change it up a bit sometimes.... like they did putting him in and Ahsoka in space suits with fish bowl helmets lol
carnorjax1
Posted: Thursday, February 18, 2010 1:20:41 PM

SquelchDog wrote:
Sithborg wrote:

Because he is a Mac-Daddy! Woot MD "O" Gotta keep the Bloo Hand Strong!

I was amazed they introduced Mas Amedda. So were Mas and Sly in on Palps secret indentity? Did Dooku know? I mean it's not that hard to figure out.
Sithborg
Posted: Thursday, February 18, 2010 1:27:09 PM

Mas Amedda has been around since TPM.

I assume Mas either knew, or was a mental puppet. He knew enough to get out when Yoda showed up.
carnorjax1
Posted: Thursday, February 18, 2010 1:30:28 PM

Sithborg wrote:
Mas Amedda has been around since TPM.

I assume Mas either knew, or was a mental puppet. He knew enough to get out when Yoda showed up.

Well, he's either in on it, or he's plain evil. That was a great scene, Yoda pushes the Guardsmen and Mas is just like "Time to go"
I'm not sure if Sly Moore knew or not.
yodaccm
Posted: Thursday, February 18, 2010 2:59:19 PM

I think George Lucas never envisioned the Mandalorians as being a honorable warrior culture (like the Klingons of Star Trek). In fact, he probably saw Boba and Jango as nothing more than deadly bounty hunters who just happened to wear Mandalorian armor. For some reason, I remember back in the day when there was very little EU or novels being written and reading a description of Boba Fett as a bounty hunter who wore the armor of the Mandalorian Supercommandos, not necessarily being a Mandalorian himself. So in that sense, the CW series is the official version of Mandalorians as it super cedes all other EU sources. It is just the way these things work with George's creation. Sometimes the EU works in favor for the fans, with inclusions of comic book characters, planets, etc. into the highest level of canon (e.g. the movies, tv series or anything with Lucas' direct involvement). Other times, the EU does not benefit the fans, as the case with Boba Fett. (I have a feeling Lucas does not hold the character of Boba Fett in very high regard considering his unfortunate treatment).
Sithborg
Posted: Thursday, February 18, 2010 3:18:09 PM

Umm, which treatment? The original movie appearences or the mess that is his "canon" history? I still have a few issues with how to justify some of what they talk about with the guy who originally went out like a punk.