RegisterDonateLogin

Wiping out Gungans. ALL of them.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

V-Set 4 - Minis, SAs, FPs, and CEs You Want to See Options
FlyingArrow
Posted: Friday, February 24, 2012 8:02:50 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I would like to see an alternative to the Mouse Droid. Not a replacement or even an improvement. Just another cost 3 figure with Relay Orders that is different. Like a medium base and living, but horrible defense. Maybe even a hindrance-type SA to balance it further. Something like this...

Human Courier
Cost 3
HP: 10
Atk: 0
Def: 11
Dmg: 10

Melee Attack
Relay Orders
Evasive Movement: If this character moves, it may not not end its move adjacent to an enemy.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Friday, February 24, 2012 8:05:42 AM

General_Grievous wrote:

Sarasu taalon, sith lord
57, hp 120, def 21, atk 14, dmg 20  
SA: Unique
melee attack
stealth
Triple attack
Lightsaber duelist
Shikkar Knife (this characters first attack of the skirmish is a critical hit)
Force Power: Force 5
lightsaber defence
force leap
master speed
CE: sith non-unique followers with a force rating gain stealth while within 6 squares of this character

I don't think Taalon is powerful enough to warrant a 57-point piece. Sith need lower-cost options anyway. Taalon should be low-40s. Saber Khai in the low-30s.
AndyHatton
Posted: Friday, February 24, 2012 9:06:01 AM

FlyingArrow wrote:
I would like to see an alternative to the Mouse Droid. Not a replacement or even an improvement. Just another cost 3 figure with Relay Orders that is different. Like a medium base and living, but horrible defense. Maybe even a hindrance-type SA to balance it further. Something like this...

Human Courier
Cost 3
HP: 10
Atk: 0
Def: 11
Dmg: 10

Melee Attack
Relay Orders
Evasive Movement: If this character moves, it may not not end its move adjacent to an enemy.

I like this idea a lot!

I'd also like to see it on maybe a few more pieces that have other uses. I know the NR R2 and C-3P0 got it, and the Mandos just got it, but I think there is room for it on some other pieces that isn't their sole purpose.

Rebel Recruitment Officer
cost: 20
Hit Points: 50
Defense: 16
Attack: 6
Damage: 10
SA:Bravado +20
Rebel Conscription
Relay Orders
CE: Non-Unique Rebel Followers gain Rookie (This character gets +2 Attack and +2 Defense while within 6 squares of an allied commander) and Bravado +10 (+4 Attack and +10 Damage against an adjacent enemies with a higher point cost)
The Alliance to Restore the Republic needs all the all the help it can get.

I'd also like to see something like Relay Orders/Booming Voice just for Force Users:

Force Meld 1: Choose an Allied Commander with a Force Rating, for the rest of the Skirmish, that allied commander can count distance from this character as well as from itself for the purpose of the commander effect.

Force Meld 2: For the rest of the Skirmish, an adjacent Commander with a Force Rating's Commander Effect normally limited to 6 squares has unlimited range

Force Meld 3: For the rest of the Skirmish, an adjacent Commander with a Force Rating's Commander Effect normally limited to 6 squares has unlimited range. All allied characters with Force Meld (including this one) get +2 attack and +2 Defense, this effect stacks.

This isn't quite how I want...and I'd like to add the bonus to the lesser Melds but I didn't want it to be overpowered.
AdmiralMotti89
Posted: Friday, February 24, 2012 9:58:06 AM
Groups: Member

I would like to see a piece that suppresses Adjacent commander effects of ALLIES. Yeah I said it.

Griff Vao (Twi-Lek Scoundrel) Cost 11

Melee Attack
Homicidal Surgery 20
Incompetent Repair 20 (Homicidal surgery for droids)
Incompetent Industrial Repair 20 (Homicidal surgery for mounted weapon)
Con Man (Adjacent Allied Commander effects are suppressed)
Darthbane53
Posted: Saturday, February 25, 2012 1:20:32 AM

I just got this idea from listening to the guys from the mini-verse show and think it would a be really cool ability. I know it would be pretty limited but they made mention to modown now (Spelling much??) (The ithorian guy) he has a pretty decent ability, war throat, who roron corb doesnt...and he should, so what about an ithorian commander whos fringe and grants war throat to allied ithorians? I know theres only 3 in the game but they made a commander for defels where there was only one so this isint out of the realm of possibility. I think it would be a fun power to add, and give the ithroian from RS some use.
coffeebean
Posted: Saturday, February 25, 2012 1:54:24 AM

What i really like of the vsets is the reprint cards of wizards figures that were just poorly done that never got a better version. but dont go crazy with new abilities. a whole whack of new special abilities makes it hard to get players to accept the vsets.

like:
Guri
Nien Nunb
Darth Nihilis
Ulic qel-Droma
Nym
Garm Bel Iblis
PROXY
and so on
FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, February 28, 2012 4:05:54 AM

This is something for Yoda - the Rebels need this boardwide ability:

Force Suppression 4 - Force 4: When an enemy spends Force points, they must immediately spend an additional Force point or the action is canceled.

Mainly, it blunts Bastila somewhat. Instead of ABM effectively being an 'always on' ability for the first 5 rounds, it would make ABM cost 1 more force point so that she can't keep it on quite as much.
markedman247
Posted: Tuesday, February 28, 2012 4:26:19 AM

I suggested this when the discussion for the Yammosk was created.

For savages or pieces that are n/u but you really don't want people running multitudes:
Territorial: you may only include one of these units in your squad.
General_Grievous
Posted: Wednesday, February 29, 2012 3:08:15 PM

FlyingArrow wrote:

Force Suppression 4 - Force 4: When an enemy spends Force points, they must immediately spend an additional Force point or the action is canceled.

Mainly, it blunts Bastila somewhat. Instead of ABM effectively being an 'always on' ability for the first 5 rounds, it would make ABM cost 1 more force point so that she can't keep it on quite as much.

+1 to this or something like it to help mitigate ABM

Also watching some season one clone wars, how about this for a couple unique useful separatists:

Sergeant Slick, Separatist Spy (RM clone trooper gunner)
11, hp 20, def 15, atk 7, dmg 10
SA
Close Quarters Fighting
Demolition Charge
Spy
Recon
Internal Strife

Commander Sorbek, prison warden (RM Trandoshan)
17, Hp 60, def 17, ATk 8, dmg 20
SA
Unique
Bloodthirsty
Rapport Commando Droids cost 2 less when in the same squad as this character
CE Droids are subject to this effect
each time a follower misses an attack, it may reroll with +4 attack, if it still misses that character is defeated and each other non-unique ally has +1 attack. This bonus is cumulative.

Commando Droids without melee attack gain Energy Shield
LeftiesWillRule
Posted: Thursday, March 1, 2012 7:11:29 AM

FlyingArrow wrote:

I think Ysalamiri, an existing Special Ability, works fine to counter Bastila; we just need it on a fringe piece. *cough* *cough* Talon Karrde *cough*.

I still think (especially since the new set will be called "Scum and Villainy" we could use a "Jabba's Rancor," "Leia, Slave," and "Desert Skiff."
LeftiesWillRule
Posted: Thursday, March 1, 2012 7:15:50 AM

Poopdog91 wrote:
I think it is really about time we get a Cin Drallig.

Cin Drallig, Jedi Swordmaster. Cost 47.

Hp 120
Def 20
Att 14
Dam 20

Unique
Melee attack
Double attack
Lightsaber duelist
Swordmaster: At the start of each round, after initiative is determined, this character may choose either
Atary Style Mastery, Djem So Style Mastery, or Soresu Style Mastery. This character gains the chosen ability until the end of the round.

Force 2, Force renewal 1

Lightsaber riposte
Lightsaber assault
Lightsaber precision
Surprise move

Commander Effect:

Followers with force ratings within 6 squares gain lightsaber duelist.

Something like that would be cool Smile

I really like the Swordmaster ability idea; however, I would tone it down to picking the ability at the beginning of the skirmish (seeing your opponent's squad should be enough, and it would be confusing to change from round-to-round) and change the name to involve lightsabers instead of swords; the name swordmaster can be saved for something that applies to characters with actual vibroswords.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, March 1, 2012 7:33:06 AM

LeftiesWillRule wrote:
I think Ysalamiri, an existing Special Ability, works fine to counter Bastila; we just need it on a fringe piece. *cough* *cough* Talon Karrde *cough*.

It works fine, but I don't think we should have a Fringe piece with it. There are multiple ways it could be handled (multiple ways already exist), and I think each faction should have its own feel to it.
General_Grievous
Posted: Friday, March 2, 2012 5:58:26 AM

FlyingArrow wrote:
LeftiesWillRule wrote:

It works fine, but I don't think we should have a Fringe piece with it. There are multiple ways it could be handled (multiple ways already exist), and I think each faction should have its own feel to it.

I just posted this on the bastilla thread but here are some nice ideas to counter her to a small degree:

For the sith:

Darth Vectivus
25, hp 50, def 15, atk 10, dmg 20
SA melee attack
Force 4
Illusion
Force Phantom (Force 2; replaces turn, attack one enemy with a force rating regardless of line of sight, ignoring melee attack and targeting. This attack counts as an adjacent melee attack and ignores cover)

Mando SA to give out Disciplined leader to one ally

Separatist
More SA's like fire control/Roger Roger/Droid master that can't be disrupted or a way to increase the range of the ones we have (RR, DM)
My suggestion, droid master on a good high hp/cost unique piece like Sev'rance Tann, new Grievous, Commander Sorbek, Asajj, or another Sep Commander as of yet unmade.
Or
Droid Control Ship/Transmitter
Ally's with special abilities that affect droids normally limited to 6 squares have unlimited range

New Republic
New Talon Karde with Ysalmari 

Rebels...
Yah they need to be disrupted... Stupid Rieken haha. 

coffeebean
Posted: Sunday, March 4, 2012 1:06:21 AM

Ysalamiri on Olbio Tree - 11 points - Fringe

Hitpoints 10
Defense 23
Attack --
Damage --

special abilities

Huge Object (counts as an object. Always has cover. Cannot activate)
Emplacement
Cloaked
Hidden Ysalamiri (This character is considered to have the Ysalamiri SA until it takes damage. If it takes damage it loses Ysalamiri, but remains in play until the end of the skirmish)
General_Grievous
Posted: Thursday, March 8, 2012 3:34:00 AM

More Clone Wars

R3 "Goldie"
14, hp 30, def 16, atk 7, dmg 0,
SA
Unique
Droid
Melee attack
Momentum
Spy (this character does not count as a legal target until it makes an attack or uses a special ability that deals damage)
Blown Cover (whenever this character activates within 6 squares of an enemy character it loses spy for the remainder of the skirmish, save 6)
Override
Traps

And some Lethal Alliance anyone?

Rianna Saren (RM Mission Vao)
25, hp 80, def 18, atk 11, dmg 10
SA
Unique
Stealth
Twin Attack
Mobile Attack 
Splash 10
Grenades 40
Synergy +4 and +4 Zeeo
Rapport Zeeo
Thorn of Ryloth (replaces attacks, make an attack at +10 damage against one adjacent enemy, this counts as a melee attack and a critical hit)

CE
Allied Zeeo gains pulse cannon

Zeeo (RM assassin droid)
25, hp 50, def 16, atk 0, dmg 0
SA
Unique
Droid
Flight
Energy shield
Synergy Rianna Saren +4 and +4
Rapport Rianna Saren
Stun (replaces attacks, one living enemy within 6 squares is activated this turn, save 11)
Speed 4
Advanced Door Gimmick

CE
Allied Rianna Saren gains flight
adamb0nd
Posted: Friday, March 9, 2012 6:30:21 AM

I think we should have a really defensive vader... one like in the movies that can walk the front lines with his troops. Something like
Speed 4 (I have NEVER seen vader run)
MoTF2
Advanced Saber Deflect: Force 1: When this character or an adjacent ally is hit by a nonmelee attack, this character can prevent the damage with a save of 11. You must decide whether to use this Force power immediately after the attack hits.

And maybe a commander effect like: At the end of this characters turn, you may select one allied commander within 6 squares. That character takes 10 damage and gains Disciplined Leader until the end the end of this character's next turn.
Neifi
Posted: Friday, March 9, 2012 8:03:39 AM

FlyingArrow wrote:

That might be a tad overpowering man - how is, for example, a Felucian going to be able to use a second FP after Blast? You could board-wide wipe out some characters abilities, and I would personally be fearful such a Yoda would merely become the new gatekeeper himself. (Vandar with Range-6 is at least avoidable)

I was thinking more along another current Yoda ability (which seems to be the WOTC interpretation of Force Suppression anyway, just under the wrong name), with merely a really simple upgrade

Force Defense 2 (Force 4: Cancel a Force power used by a character) - this one is just open range

I would also hope the piece with it would have multi-faction capability and be a piece we would likely see played often even if never using this ability - something like, just for instance, the Gray Jedi (if he had a base 4 FP) where he is either his normal self or becomes a one-time force-blocker to open a window against BSJM or maybe keep another character alive in non-Shan situations. Bastilla wouldn't be affected that much, but a person would still need to think twice about auto-including her because Gray Jedi would likely be in peoples squads anyway with the ability to throw a wrench in BSJMs plans.
adamb0nd
Posted: Friday, March 9, 2012 7:21:10 PM

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/10138/darth-vader--champion-of-the-empire

This is my thoughts on the character. I mentioned. This particular vader would give the imperials a level playing field when fighting Shan
Poopdog91
Posted: Wednesday, March 21, 2012 8:36:13 PM

Since reading the new Crimson Empire I would really love a new Kir Kanos!
Darthbane53
Posted: Thursday, March 22, 2012 3:08:33 PM

Poopdog91 wrote:
Since reading the new Crimson Empire I would really love a new Kir Kanos!

I second that!