RegisterDonateLogin

You stuck up, half-witted, scruffy-looking milk drinker!

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

V-Set 4 - Minis, SAs, FPs, and CEs You Want to See Options
AndyHatton
Posted: Sunday, February 5, 2012 5:38:20 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

AndyHatton wrote:
Like a lot of people have been asking for I'd like an NR Mon Mothma, an NR Chewie, and a new an NR Leia could be interesting. ...And while I really like the NR C3P-O and R2 duo a single of each for the NR would be nice as well. I love all of the new generics they are adding to the NR though, so that is great as well. They needed some good ones

And I would go crazy for an NR K'Kruhk!
Other Updates
Biggs Darklighter
Rebel Wedge
A New Rebel Obi-Wan

Some characters that haven't been made yet:
Lowbacca
Jerec
(any Remnant Empire stuff could be interesting)
Xanatos
Ganner Krieg
Darth Wyyrlok
Bantha Rawk aka Nat Skywalker
I think a Dark Side Luke would be interesting
Jan Ors
AT-TE (Someone mentioned that earlier in the thread and I had been thinking of that earlier in the week, how cool it would be to have something like that)

Ok this was before we had the V-set 3 full spoilers. So I can take Jerec and new Obi-Wan off the list! Very excited for them.

in addition to these pieces I'd love an updated Darth Caedus to go with his troopers and Vergere. I really like the original Caedus, but he suffers a bit from an old design (mainly his HP for his cost...) I'd also like Finn Galfridian and Morgan Katarn.
AndyHatton
Posted: Sunday, February 5, 2012 5:49:50 PM

Here are just a few thoughts I've had on some of the pieces I wanted (I don't have much experience with customs, so my stats and cost might be off:
Anja Gallandro 27 Fringe
Hit Points: 80
Defense: 17
Attack: 9
Damage: 10
Unique
Twin Attack (Whenever this character attacks, she makes 1 extra attack against the same target)
Melee Duelist (+4 Defense when attacked by an adjacent enemy)
Lightsaber (+10 Damage against adjacent enemies)
Bravado +10 (+4 Attack and +10 Damage against an adjacent enemies with a higher point cost)
Parry (When hit by a melee attack, this character takes no damage with a save of 11)
Gambler's Luck (Once per turn, this character can reroll an attack, adding +4 to the result. If the attack misses, this character takes 10 damage.)
Spice Addict (If this character has less than half her hit points, when she activates make a save of 11; If the save is successful she gains +2 attack. If she fails, her activation immediately ends and she gains -4 Defense.)

Luke Skywalker, Fallen Jedi 45 Imperial
Hit Points: 110
Defense: 20
Attack: 13
Damage: 20

Unique
Melee Attack (Can attack only adjacent enemies)
Twin Attack (Whenever this character attacks, he makes 1 extra attack against the same target)
Djem So Style Mastery (Whenever this character is hit by a melee attack, make a save of 11. On a success, this character can make an immediate attack against that attacker with +10 Damage.)
Flurry Attack (Whenever this character scores a critical hit, he can make 1 immediate extra attack)

Force 3
Force Renewal 1 This character gets 1 Force point each time he activates
Surprise Move Force 1; Once per round, after initiative is determined, this character can immediately move up to his Speed before any other character activates
Force Push 2 Force 2, replaces attacks: range 6; 20 damage; push back target 2 squares if Huge or smaller
Lightsaber Defense Force 1: When hit by an attack, this character takes no damage with a save of 11
Lightsaber Reflect Force 2: When hit by a nonmelee attack, this character takes no damage with a save of 11 and the attacker takes damage equal to the prevented damage; save 11
Dark Temptation Force 1: +4 Attack and +20 Damage until the end of this character's turn. At the end of that turn, make a save of 11; if this save fails, this character joins the opponent's squad until the end of the skirmish.

Luke believed the only way to defeat the Dark Side was from within. He was wrong...

Morgan Katarn 15 New Republic
Unique
Affinity (Characters whose name contain Kyle Katarn may be in your squad Regardless of Faction. This Character may be in a squad with a character named Kyle Katarn regardless of faction)
Light Spirit (Ignores characters and terrain. Cannot open doors. Cannot attack or be damaged, and does not count as a legal target, the nearest enemy, or adjacent. Not subject to commander effects. Does not provide cover. At the start of the skirmish, choose a Unique allied character with a Force rating. That ally gains Force Renewal 1 and Mettle while within 4 squares of this character. This character is defeated if the chosen ally is defeated. An enemy within 6 squares can spend 1 Force point to defeat this character; save 11. This effect replaces that enemy's attacks.)
Kyle's Mentor (This character may use Light Spirit to target a character named Kyle Katarn even if that character could not normally be targeted. That character gains Force 1 and is considered to have a Force Rating)
saber1
Posted: Sunday, February 5, 2012 7:21:34 PM
Groups: Member

Abilities I'd like to see:

Levitate 2, 3, etc
Force Throw (levitate enemies w/potential damage)
Force Bind/Pin (prevent movement)
Whirling Shot (non-Melee Djem So, perhaps based on successful Evade save)
Malacia
Force Fear
Trakata Technique (damage cannot be prevented, either on first attack or on save 11)
Lightsaber Crystals (offer various pros/cons)
Weapon Levitation (cancel attack and attack back with like attack)
Quick Draw (make immediate attack with penalty upon being targeted)
Let Go of Your Hate (reverse of turn to the dark side, specifically for Luke)
Spineray (YV ability giving enemies Internal Strife)
Pushing Slash (single attack combined with a push)
Force Repel (push back enemy when hit by it)
Final Strike (big auto-damage usable only upon defeat)
Force Vision (suppress initiative modifiers this round)
Assured Strike (attack bonus w/damage penalty, damage cannot be prevented or redirected)
Darthbane53
Posted: Monday, February 6, 2012 8:42:22 AM

@ andy, I had a similar idea a while ago though I made him a bit weaker. I know he was a strong jedi master at that point by I made this one as a renewed apprentice of the dark side. I would love to see him, would be a very neat addition to Imps.

Luke Skywalker Sith Apprentice 36
Hit Points: 70
Defense: 18
Special Abilities
Unique
Double Attack (On his turn, this character can make 1 extra attack instead of moving)
Rapport (A character whose name contains Imperial Sentinal costs 10 less when in the same squad as this character.)
Turn to the Dark Side (Replaces attacks: range 6; 20 damage to 1 target with a Force rating. The target can choose to negate this damage and instead make a save of 11; if the save fails, the target joins this character's squad until the end of the skirmish.)
Force Powers
Force 2
Illusion Force 1: When hit by an attack, this character takes no damage unless the attacker makes a save of 11
Improved Illusion Force 2: When hit by an attack, this character takes no damage unless the attacker makes a save of 16
Force Lightning 1 Force 1, replaces attacks: range 6; 20 damage
"And now, my young apprentice... Your father is dead. Have you come to join me? Will you take the place that rightfully belongs to you–at my side." ―Palpatine
FlyingArrow
Posted: Wednesday, February 8, 2012 2:52:36 AM

Re-iterating the desire for "pairing" of Rebel characters. A new version of two rebel characters, each with a new signature ability, and each that grants the other their own signature ability. As such, it encourages pairing one of the new pieces with an old version of the other piece.

New C-3PO with...
Human-Cyborg Relations: Replaces attacks, adjacent living enemy is considered activated, save 16.
Synergy (Allied character that counts as R2-D2 gains Hero of 1,000 Devices)

New R2-D2 with...
Hero of 1,000 Devices: Usable on this character's turn; usable once per skirmish; until this character's next turn, this character gains Flight, Targeting, Recon, or It's A Trap.
Synergy (Allied character that counts as C-3PO gains Human-Cyborg Relations)

This is just another example of how such a pairing could work.
crazybirdman
Posted: Wednesday, February 8, 2012 3:35:43 AM

I like to see an ability that lets you 'tag' stealth or cloaked characters.

Something like, if this characters attack hits (or maybe just when the attack) a character with stealth or cloaked, the target character loses stealth or cloaked until the end of the round (maybe save 11 to avoid, maybe not)
Baegn
Posted: Wednesday, February 8, 2012 7:07:41 AM

Darca Nyl
Lycan
Tahiri (Affinity w/ Nen Yim, Mezhan Kwaad, & Caedus)(1/2 Vong ability of some sort)(Synergy w/ Tuskens)
Harrar-Vong Priest
Vua Rapuung-Shamed One
Seef-Tsavong Lah's female
Elan-Vong Priestess
Mezhan Kwaad-Vong Shaper
Khalee Lah-Tsavong's son (Warrior)
Bob Chizo
Posted: Wednesday, February 8, 2012 7:35:18 AM

Baegn wrote:
Darca Nyl
Lycan

+1 for these characters

It would also be awesome to see:
More Null ARCs
Corr, Republic Commando
Yayax Squad
Other Mandalorian Training Sergeants (Walon Vau, Mij Gilamar, etc.)
Some of the Republic Commandos that became Imperials (I can not remember their names...)
Some Aiwha-bait would be interesting (Kaminoans)LOL

Sidenote: Will this set be coming out around GenCon time?
AndyHatton
Posted: Wednesday, February 8, 2012 7:45:21 AM

Darthbane53 wrote:
@ andy, I had a similar idea a while ago though I made him a bit weaker. I know he was a strong jedi master at that point by I made this one as a renewed apprentice of the dark side. I would love to see him, would be a very neat addition to Imps.

Special Abilities
Unique
Double Attack (On his turn, this character can make 1 extra attack instead of moving)
Rapport (A character whose name contains Imperial Sentinal costs 10 less when in the same squad as this character.)
Turn to the Dark Side (Replaces attacks: range 6; 20 damage to 1 target with a Force rating. The target can choose to negate this damage and instead make a save of 11; if the save fails, the target joins this character's squad until the end of the skirmish.)
Force Powers
Force 2
Illusion Force 1: When hit by an attack, this character takes no damage unless the attacker makes a save of 11
Improved Illusion Force 2: When hit by an attack, this character takes no damage unless the attacker makes a save of 16
"And now, my young apprentice... Your father is dead. Have you come to join me? Will you take the place that rightfully belongs to you–at my side." ―Palpatine

Very interesting! I especially like the Imperial Sentinel Rapport as that is a piece I love that is just too pricey. Very thematic, very fun. Also like the Illusion...

I know he was a Dark Sider for about 25 minutes, but an Imperial Luke would be so cool...I understand why people might be hesitant to play him though.
DarthMaim
Posted: Thursday, February 9, 2012 5:36:37 AM

Republic: C3PO
Qui-Gon Jinn Force Spirit

New Republic: Chewbacca

Imperial: Luke Skywalker ( Evil variety that briefly turned to the Darkside in the comic "Dark Empire" )
Cloned Emperor

General_Grievous
Posted: Saturday, February 11, 2012 3:13:09 AM

Darthbane53 wrote:

Special Abilities
Unique
Force Powers
Force 2

I would love to see Luke on the Imperials as well but I think this might be a better way to go:

Palpatine Reborn
59, hp 130, def 21, ATk 16, dmg 20
SA
Unique
Melee Attack
Double Attack
Betrayal
Corrupted (when this character activates, deal 20 damage to it)
Turn to the Dark Side
Affinity (a follower whose name contains Luke Skywalker Jedi may be in your squad regardless of faction. This character gains internal strife and force ascetic)
Rapport Imperial Sentinels cost 10 less when in the same squad as this character 
Force 2
Force Renewal 2
Master of the Force 2
Transfer Essence
Sith Rage 2
Force Storm
Force Possession (force 3, when this character is defeated, immediately defeat one living enemy character within 6 squares, save 11. If that character is defeated, place this character with full hit points in the space of the defeated character)

OR just give him eternal hatred, its similar enough

CE
Unique Imperial followers with a force rating gain Master of the force 2 while within 6 squares of this character

Characters named imperial sentinel gain overwhelming force
General_Grievous
Posted: Saturday, February 11, 2012 3:15:19 AM

Also I just read Revan and would love to see:
Sith Emperor (RM Emperor Palpatine)
131, hp 160, def 24, ATk 0, dmg 0
SA
Unique
Melee Attack
Master of the Dark Side (damage from this character's force abilities cannot be prevented or redirected)
Force Fury 17
Puppet Master
Doctrine of Fear
Avoid Defeat
Force 3, force renewal 3, master of the force 3
Force Bubble
Force Defense 
Force Throw Object (force 2; this power affects characters with force immunity. Replaces attacks, sight, 40 damage to one enemy and each adjacent character, save 11 for half damage)
Burst Lightning
Drain Life 3 (Force 3, usable only on this character's turn: range 6; 20 damage to target living enemy and each adjacent living enemy, save 11. Remove 20 damage from  this character for each enemy affected in this way)
Dark Aura (Force 1, replaces attacks; For the rest of the skirmish, this character gains the following Force ability: Enemy characters within 6 squares get -4 to all saves)
Surprise Move

Commander Effect
Sith characters in your squad may spend this characters force points, they still may not spend force points more then once per turn or combine their own force points with those of The Emperor.

Darth Scourge (RM Massassi Sith mutant)
Cost 52, HP 110, def 19, atk 12, dmg 20
SA
Melee Attack
Double Attack
Dark Armor
Juyo Style (this character scores a critical hit on natural 19 or 20. Whenever this character scores a critical hit, make a save of 11, on a success this character can make one immediate attack)
Cleave
Force 1 force renewal 1
Master of the force 2
Force Leap
Lightsaber Throw
Lightsaber block
force fear (force 2; until the end of this characters next turn he gains the following force ability, all living enemy characters within 6 squares have -4 attack and -4 defense and this character gains +4 attack and +4 defense)
Use The Force
Darthbane53
Posted: Saturday, February 11, 2012 3:58:41 AM

General_Grievous wrote:
Darthbane53 wrote:

Special Abilities
Unique
Force Powers
Force 2

I would love to see Luke on the Imperials as well but I think this might be a better way to go:

Palpatine Reborn
59, hp 130, def 21, ATk 16, dmg 20
SA
Unique
Melee Attack
Double Attack
Betrayal
Corrupted (when this character activates, deal 20 damage to it)
Turn to the Dark Side
Affinity (a follower whose name contains Luke Skywalker Jedi may be in your squad regardless of faction. This character gains internal strife and force ascetic)
Rapport Imperial Sentinels cost 10 less when in the same squad as this character 
Force 2
Force Renewal 2
Master of the Force 2
Transfer Essence
Sith Rage 2
Force Storm
Force Possession (force 3, when this character is defeated, immediately defeat one living enemy character within 6 squares, save 11. If that character is defeated, place this character with full hit points in the space of the defeated character)

OR just give him eternal hatred, its similar enough

CE
Unique Imperial followers with a force rating gain Master of the force 2 while within 6 squares of this character

Characters named imperial sentinel gain overwhelming force

I made a cloned emperor as well, of course I think hes pretty over powered but I made him exactly like he is in the comic.

Palpatine, Scourge if the Galaxy 99
Hit Points: 160
Attack: 12
Unique
Betrayal (On an attack roll of natural 1 against this character, the attacker joins this character's squad until the end of the skirmish)
Force Powers
Force 2
Force Renewal 2 This character gets 2 Force points each time he activates
Force storm 6 Force 8 , range 12 sight not necessary, replaces turn: 60 damage to target and all characters with in two squares of that character and thoes characters are counted as activated for this round.
Force Storm (Worm Hole) Force 3, Target one character with in 12 squares sight not necessary replaces turn: Move 1 Small or Medium ally within 12 squares in any direction. This move does not provoke attacks of opportunity
Sith Lightning 30 Force 2, replaces attacks: range 6; 30 damage
Transfer Spirit Force 9,touch; living characters with a Force rating only; once per skirmish; When this character would be deafeted 1 adjacent living allied or enemy character must make 3 saves, each needing 11. If the save fails, remove this character from play, if the save succeeds that character joins your squad for the remainder of the skirmish and counts as Palpatine, Scourge of the Galaxy' and may use all of his abilities. This character has half his origonal hit points instead instead of full.
Commander Effect
Characters whos name contain Luke Skywalker may be in this charcters squad but there may only be two people in your squad if you choose to use this. Those characters can only be this character and one other charcter whos name contains luke skwalker.
Segastorm
Posted: Saturday, February 11, 2012 9:06:44 AM

just thought about this, but with the streak of sith lords we got in v-set 3, why not do ajunta pall(for those who don't know, he was one of the first jedi to turn to the dark side, and if I remember correctly, one of the first sith to exist)
Darthbane53
Posted: Sunday, February 12, 2012 12:57:57 AM

Segastorm wrote:
just thought about this, but with the streak of sith lords we got in v-set 3, why not do ajunta pall(for those who don't know, he was one of the first jedi to turn to the dark side, and if I remember correctly, one of the first sith to exist)

I know the name sounds familiar. Also I think a Darth Anddue would be in order, that way I can use my mini for him!
homestar45
Posted: Monday, February 13, 2012 3:40:09 AM

Don't know if this has been mentioned but I'd like to see a mini set based on The Old Republic. My top wants would be:

Satele Shan
Jace Malcom (With an ability like this; Chain of command: This character is treated as a follower for the purposes of commander effects for characters with a higher point cost than him.)
Darth Malgus
Lord Scourge
Nico Okarr

I think it would also be sweet if we had one or two companion characters like Khem val or Aric Jorgan.
As for non uniques:

Havoc squad commandos
Revanite

That's what comes to mind off the top of my head.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, February 13, 2012 7:48:02 AM

Patient: If all characters in your squad without Patient are activated, and your opponent has unactivated characters without Patient, you may choose to activate 0 characters per phase.

(Do NOT put this on a fringe piece or non-unique piece, nor on more than 2 pieces per faction.)
komix
Posted: Monday, February 13, 2012 8:56:16 AM

AndyHatton wrote:

Unique
Twin Attack (Whenever this character attacks, he makes 1 extra attack against the same target)
Djem So Style Mastery (Whenever this character is hit by a melee attack, make a save of 11. On a success, this character can make an immediate attack against that attacker with +10 Damage.)
Flurry Attack (Whenever this character scores a critical hit, he can make 1 immediate extra attack)

Force 3
Surprise Move Force 1; Once per round, after initiative is determined, this character can immediately move up to his Speed before any other character activates
Force Push 2 Force 2, replaces attacks: range 6; 20 damage; push back target 2 squares if Huge or smaller
Lightsaber Defense Force 1: When hit by an attack, this character takes no damage with a save of 11
Lightsaber Reflect Force 2: When hit by a nonmelee attack, this character takes no damage with a save of 11 and the attacker takes damage equal to the prevented damage; save 11
Dark Temptation Force 1: +4 Attack and +20 Damage until the end of this character's turn. At the end of that turn, make a save of 11; if this save fails, this character joins the opponent's squad until the end of the skirmish.

Luke believed the only way to defeat the Dark Side was from within. He was wrong...

Here is my take on Skywalker from Dark Empire:

Luke Skywalker, Dark Apprentice
Cost: 50
Hit Points: 130
Defense: 21
Attack: 15

Special Abilities
Unique. Melee Attack. Double Attack, Twin Attack
Dark Apprentice (+4 Attack and +10 Damage when in a squad with a character whose name contains Emperor Palpatine)// Yeah, I know that WotC screwed up "contains" part, but we all know what I meant
Conflict of Interest (Each time this character attacks enemies whose name contain Han, Leia or Chewbacca, he must make a save of 11. On a failed save he can't attack the target)// This might need some work, but the idea is, that when he makes a Twin Attack against let's say Leia, he must make save before each of his attack

Force Powers
Force 3
Force Renewal 1
Master of the Force 2
Lightsaber Defence
Force Grip
Force Sense
Poopdog91
Posted: Monday, February 13, 2012 4:50:30 PM

I think it is really about time we get a Cin Drallig.

Cin Drallig, Jedi Swordmaster. Cost 47.

Hp 120
Def 20
Att 14
Dam 20

Unique
Melee attack
Double attack
Lightsaber duelist
Swordmaster: At the start of each round, after initiative is determined, this character may choose either
Atary Style Mastery, Djem So Style Mastery, or Soresu Style Mastery. This character gains the chosen ability until the end of the round.

Force 2, Force renewal 1

Lightsaber riposte
Lightsaber assault
Lightsaber precision
Surprise move

Commander Effect:

Followers with force ratings within 6 squares gain lightsaber duelist.

Something like that would be cool Smile
AndyHatton
Posted: Tuesday, February 14, 2012 10:34:06 AM

komix wrote:
AndyHatton wrote:

Unique

Force 3

Here is my take on Skywalker from Dark Empire:

Luke Skywalker, Dark Apprentice
Cost: 50
Hit Points: 130
Defense: 21
Attack: 15

Special Abilities
Unique. Melee Attack. Double Attack, Twin Attack
Dark Apprentice (+4 Attack and +10 Damage when in a squad with a character whose name contains Emperor Palpatine)// Yeah, I know that WotC screwed up "contains" part, but we all know what I meant
Conflict of Interest (Each time this character attacks enemies whose name contain Han, Leia or Chewbacca, he must make a save of 11. On a failed save he can't attack the target)// This might need some work, but the idea is, that when he makes a Twin Attack against let's say Leia, he must make save before each of his attack

Force Powers
Force 3
Force Renewal 1
Master of the Force 2
Lightsaber Defence
Force Grip
Force Sense

Conflict of Interest is an interesting idea...but I think you are right that it might need work...I do like the idea of him hesitating when confronted by his friends though.