RegisterDonateLogin

Before the dark times...before the Empire.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Reboot Week 50 Extravaganza!!! Options
CorellianComedian
Posted: Wednesday, April 26, 2017 9:11:04 AM
Groups: Member

AlexTheGreat
Posted: Wednesday, April 26, 2017 11:17:51 AM

Guys I have one question... can Blaster 20 work with Blaster Barrage with a melee character??? I'm just working on my Cade and trying to find the right combo!
>Jase<
Posted: Wednesday, April 26, 2017 11:23:42 AM

No. Blaster 20 and Blaster barrage both replace attacks and cannot be used together.
AlexTheGreat
Posted: Wednesday, April 26, 2017 11:26:38 AM

Thanks!! You saved ma day!!
donnyrides
Posted: Wednesday, April 26, 2017 1:16:45 PM

I'll try with this one. I don't even know how to gauge it...
Darth Nihilus, The Wound in the Force
Kamikaze13
Posted: Wednesday, April 26, 2017 2:41:01 PM

SithBot
Posted: Thursday, April 27, 2017 6:49:28 PM

General_Grievous
Posted: Friday, April 28, 2017 1:17:57 PM

blemelisk
Posted: Friday, April 28, 2017 2:34:45 PM

my second custom (first public) so be gentle haha.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/27615/chewbacca-berserker-wookie
SithBot
Posted: Sunday, April 30, 2017 5:45:31 AM

1. spryguy obi-wan CQD is fun willing to serve is tasty

2. donnyrides force using epic is fun

3. jase i enjoy the CE double riposte with twin is brutal
Kamikaze13
Posted: Sunday, April 30, 2017 1:06:48 PM

1st: CorellianComedian

2nd: saber1

3rd: blemelisk
CorellianComedian
Posted: Sunday, April 30, 2017 2:39:45 PM

Man, it was hard this week!

3rd: Donnyrides

2nd: General Grievous

1st: Spryguy

Honorable mention goes to AlextheGreat.
spryguy1981
Posted: Sunday, April 30, 2017 2:56:03 PM

As one of the designers on Epic III and IV I am looking at these designs as baselines for what I would actually look for in a design for a potential Epic V if it kept going.

Starkiller's Lord Starkiller: I feel like this carries a lot of power and I definitely do not like the idea of a Range 10 Repulse as its a lot. I think toned down it would be in line with less power

Saber1's Corran Horn: I like this piece a lot and is a character I would actually consider pushing for in an Epic set, (it'd be a fight between him and Kyle) I think his cost an abilities are very accurate.

>Jase<'s Count Dooku: I like your representation of him and I think this would be another piece I would consider as an Epic for the Seperatists. I think his abilities are accurate and his cost is pretty spot on.

AlexTheGreat's Cade: This is another piece that I could see with an Epic representation though I may honestly actually move him into the Fringe category as there aren't a whole lot of options for Fringe characters. I like this representation of him and I think his abilities are pretty accurate. I like that he doesn't have accurate shot so that his Blaster Barrage isn't overpowered. I think his abilities are very Cade-like.

Caedus' Onimi: I could see something like this becoming an Epic eventually if they kept going. My thought would be a Nas Choka and a Shimmra first though. I'll be honest in that I'm not a huge fan of Embrace of Pain with a character that has 230 HP. His defense can get to a 41 before cover, paired with Vergere and Nei Rin suddenly he gets to 45/49 which is a little insane haha. Abilities on him are pretty solid though I'm not sold on Yammosk abilities.

Comedian's Kao: This is another character I could see making the cut as an OR Epic. I will reiterate that I'm not a huge fan of the free save CE and think it should simply be a bonus, but his other abilities and force powers are solid.

Donny's Nihilus: I would also put this piece somewhere in the list of Epic's to push to print at some point probably behind Freedon Nadd. It would be a toss up between him, Malgus, and Caedus. With the change to Sha Cha I think he is a very well crafted piece and definitely looks like a blast to play.

Kamikaze's Durge: This would be a piece I would put into tossup with Count Dooku for the next Separatist Epic I would actually push forwards into design. There are some small changes I would make, specifically the Regen, and then I would have the CE give Momentum as long as the character ends its move. I don't really want Lancer's flying around with Momentum on everything. On the whole he is pretty close to being an actual first draft I would submit.

Sithbot's Leia: I think this is a piece that for me is pretty close to an actual submittable first draft too as her abilities are quite fitting. That being said I would put her down the priority list as an epic to be made behind some of the more powerful Jedi, but she's very well designed.

General Grievous' Kylo Ren: While I don't think Kylo is anywhere near deserving of an epic yet as he's still a bit of a whiny Dark Jedi, but Episode 8 and 9 could push him into Epic abilities. Stat-wise he's another piece I would pretty quickly push forwards into design. And if Ep 8 makes him better could very well be selected as the Imperial piece as they don't have as many Epics.

Blemelisk's Chewie: With the changes that were made, I would consider the final version to be 10x a better selection. I think by you taking suggestions from other players the final product came out quite nicely.

So with all that mentioned above here are my votes.

1st: General Grievous (3pts)
2nd: >Jase< (2pts)
3rd: Donnyrides (1pt)

It's a really close vote leading into that 3rd place spot and I think everyone brought it this week.
donnyrides
Posted: Monday, May 1, 2017 5:25:51 AM

Lord Starkiller - You get your 180 points worth. Repulse twice from 10 away and available on turn 1 if needed is pretty strong. A few simple tweeks and I think you are on the right track. Just a little too powerful for my personal tastes.

Saber1 - Your Corran Horn is such a game within itself and I love it. It doesn't have a set defensive measure in his SAs which scares me. I feel like he may have to save his FP to use on Absorb energy master and will not be able to use all of his other goodies. These are very circumstantial worries though. Great job.

Jase - Dooku is really awesome but I think Sithbot's last comment on your characters comments page is true. Your lightning probably could have been changed for something that didn't replace turn, or added an additional weaker lightning that would allow for an option of moving and zapping, or staying put and laying down some major lightning. Stats are great and I love Tele on him.

Alex - Cade it pretty sneaky powerful. I feel bad for a poor jedi that messes with him. Like I said on your character comments page, him and Leia and Celeste will be a major headache to play against. Very cool idea.

Caedus - I'm sorry I didn't leave feedback for you. I wish I would have because you guys know how I love me some YV. I would have suggested giving him a CE that breaks Shamed One a little more. The trick to shamed one is giving an ability that increased attack and damage. It would have been nice to give Shamed Ones Assassin or something that was a named ability to help them. I say this because his Shamed One friends can't gain from Shaper or master shaper. I love your custom force power. You just take somebody over and ruin their day. Love it.

Spryguy - Again, I am sorry I didn't leave feedback... I love your close quarters defender. Very Awesome. I didn't care for 2 force powers that replace turn, but when looking harder it's pretty awesome to surprise move twice, then leaping assault somebody. Cunning would have been a very welcome addition. Very cool piece and how the hell is Obi NOT an EPIC already???

CC - Your guys is pretty awesome and summon LS is great. stats a great too. Don't like the auto pass of saves but its not a deal breaker.

Kam - Durge is crazy powerful. Active Regen 30 is pretty strong too for a guy with DR 10 and 200 HP. I like the help for melee type droids, giving non-unique followers momentum. At very best, he can only put out 90 damage but he is certainly immortal. He may only put out 90, but since you have to use about 5 rounds to kill him, it's like he puts out a lot more damage.

Sithbot - The lack of renewal hurts, but she is a great tech-ish piece with her pseudo Draw Fire and bodygaurd hand outs. Her max 80 damage output hurts her. I would like to test out the Our Princess ability though. You could drive people insane with that with the YV bodyguards. Just a build tip, in case other people weren't sure about who this was at first, make your own custom Unique ability and add "counts as leia". Not a problem, just a suggestion.

GG - I hate Kylo Wren. I think his character was casted wrong and I think he's a big bitch. If I pretend I didn't read the name, I love the stats and the abilities. Good idea dropping flurry. Does Overload allow for the use of 2 force powers that replace attacks? It is using "ability" in the generic sense, so I assume you can. I love Tele, such a great ability to stop from getting waxed in one attack phase. I do with you would have bumped him to 125 and gave him twin instead of double. Twin Assault is more EPIC IMO.

blemelisk - Your Chewie is very powerful with lots of options. My personal taste for chewie almost requires a form of throw. We've been given a taste of it with "Chewie" and now I can't live without it BigGrin. I can tell you took some time into thinking up a pile of situations for him. If he's 16 away, Charging +20 with momentum, If you are adjacent, you get mighty swing. Savage with speed 8 kills him though. Defense 9 means Uggies will hit him with ease which is kind of unreal. I think {Enraged Reations} would have been a fit for him. You have some great ideas, can't wait to see what you have next week.

VOTES
1st CC - I didn't have much to say about your character because I don't have any reason to comment.

2nd Alex - I really like the combos Cade has available

3rd Spryguy - Your Obi is great. I would LOVE to use this and I'm pretty sure Obi is coming to an epic set soon. He's only in 6 movies, Clones Wars and Rebels...he's not that important to all of Star Wars lore..../SarcasmLOL

I normally don't leave full feedback like this, but this week was soooo awesome and soooo fun that I felt I owed everybody some final feedback because it's fun to hear what people think. If my feedback is unwanted, please let me know.

EPIC week this week Everyone!!
AlexTheGreat
Posted: Monday, May 1, 2017 5:37:02 AM

1st spryguy1981 (guilty as charged guys, Obi is my favorite)

2nd donnyrides (A fearsome Sith)

3rd CorellianComedian ( "summon lightsaber" Oh boy, thanks a lot for this one man, really genius!!)
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, May 1, 2017 7:51:45 AM

Wow this was the toughest week yet, newcomers to the contest had some solid ideas and fresh takes. And those that have been doing this for awhile put out some amazing quality level pieces. Very hard to choose a final 3. In the end I have to go with:

3rd Saber1: man you are on a roll! Another incredible character and the mechanics you created completely brought me back to Corran's duel from the vong books.
2nd Spry: as much as Obi is my mortal enemy (also GOWK is already in most of the Swiss I fight against my brother hahaha) I do relish the opportunity to have Grievous epic take him on and abilities are sound.
1st Alex: excellent choice on Cade and I think of all the characters here (except maybe the Nihilus because he ate a planet once) that you picked the one most deserving of an epic. And did a heck of a job making a powerhouse shooter but still keeping him reigned in due to the risk of turning to the dark side, which thematically is so Cade. So for theme, design and making one of the best truly deserving you earn the top spot.

Everyone keep at it and keep this creative energy flowing!
Kamikaze13
Posted: Monday, May 1, 2017 10:14:02 AM

spryguy1981 wrote:
As one of the designers on Epic III and IV

EPIC 4?!?! Drool
blemelisk
Posted: Monday, May 1, 2017 4:11:14 PM

My thoughts behind my Chewie was to have him coming in and just destroying EVERYTHING in his path, while over time getting whittled away by just about everything. Savage while thematic, may have hindered him get to the chars you want him to rip in two. I had one defensive ability I thought would make him better: Feels no Pain (damage isnt applied to this character until the end of his next turn) or something to this affect, or maybe something like (when this character takes damage make save 11, on success save the damage applied keep record of the damage as a damage pool, but do not apply it to the character, on a failure all damage in pool, including the damage from the triggering attack is applied to character all at once).

My other Char I was in the process of creating was R2-D2: Power of the Script, which was a char that yea could do a bit of damage but would be the Swiss army knife of utility, and be VERY difficult to hit with attacks, or at least to kill off. But for you that saw my Chewies original form, would looked like him with all those special abilities. He would have had force points to help reroll etc etc.

For all of you that commented on my sub, I appreciate your input! My play style isnt exactly the Epic character style but I thought heck why not should be fun. Isnt that why we do all this in the first place? Cool If we ever do a non star wars char creation thing, I have some in mind that would be a combo of 4+ characters (cool on their own, great when paired up, absolutely amazing for all 4+) I also have some interesting ideas for Vehicles and a few new rules for them as well to make them a bit more interesting (as in abilities). I might aught to just go ahead and make these on out in my customs BigGrin
saber1
Posted: Monday, May 1, 2017 4:40:20 PM

Votes forthcoming, but for now a few notes...

Lord Starkiller – Starkiller: Very potent iteration of Starkiller with a few over-the-top abilites. Fitting of the in-game depiction but a bit too strong for SW minis.

>Jase< - Dooku: Twin, Riposte, Dark Assault 2 is a deadly combo. Telekinesis and Makashi should keep him alive quite a while. Fitting CE.

AlexTheGreat – Cade: With his current set of skills he would be more appropriate in Fringe but a very Cade-esque build. A bit overkill with the defensive abilities, especially for a reckless character. I still take umbrage with the Twin/Blaster Barrage/Dark Temptation combo. With these, I’d prefer a base 10 damage since he has Lightsaber for based attacks. 80-100 damage with an attack bonus that pretty much guarantees a hit against EVERY legal target feels like too much. Very cool otherwise.

Caedus – Onimi: Again, my apologies for missing your entry. This is a cool if not very challenging piece to build at the epic level. As a noncombatant, I’d look to SithBot’s Leia as an idea for a solid epic support/manipulator.

spryguy1981 – Obi: Finally, epic Obi! Well, unofficially. This looks very Obi-esque. Crazy defense, crazy mobility, decent damage output.

CorellianComedian – Kao: Simple, effective, befitting the character depicted in the video game trailer. Good mix of powers but the standout is Summon Lightsaber. Very cool build but that CE is OP.

donnyrides – Nihilus: Tons of HP stealing and FP stealing. Good mobility. Diverse abilities/powers. Looks tough.

Kamikaze13 – Durge: Active Regen, DR10 and Escape Death work to make him as resilient as he appeared in the cartoon. Battering gives him a big pop with a ranged option from Twin Blaster. Cool burning mechanic.

SithBot – Our Princess: Very unique build. Great “epic support” build. Tough to know whether it would survive as an epic w/out playtesting but I’m very intrigued by this piece.

General Greivous – Kylo: Its certainly up for debate as to whether this character deserves the epic treatment (time and another episode or two will tell). As you’ve built him, he is certainly potent. Solid, well-rounded build.

blemelisk – Chewie: The changes made were solid improvements. I feel this one is just a bit of streamlining away from very good. Very high damage output but easy to damage as is befitting a rampaging Wookiee. This looks like a very fun piece to run, just a lot to keep track of. Technically, it doesn’t qualify @ 115 as the rules stated a cost greater than 115 (GMLS being the most expensive nonepic @ 115) but I’m not going to quibble over 1 point.

...and the votes are...
THIRD: SithBot's Princess - This is the piece that has stuck in my brain the most, causing the rusty gears to grind. A support style epic is so unusual and as it turns out useful. I really dig this piece. It's difficult to give an exact rating because it needs playtesting to truly evaluate but it's intriguing nature earned a third place.
SECOND: Kamikaze13's Durge - Nearly the exact opposite of blemelisk's Chewie (narrowly beaten out for third place). An absolute tank with decent offense and a great addition to the Sep faction.
FIRST: spryguy1981's Obi - Another very defensive piece with decent damage output. Perhaps the best this week at capturing the essence of the character.

This was another very tough week to judge. This group, from old timers to recent joiners, is cranking out some darn fine work. It's getting to the point where I'll just have to start flipping a coin to choose as the competition is so stellar.
saber1
Posted: Monday, May 1, 2017 7:49:29 PM

Its time to declare a winner for this week. Again, what a great level of creativity everyone put forth. Feel free to check my math but here is what I came up with...

Spry – 3, 3, 1, 3, 2, 3 = 15
Starkiller = 0
Saber1 – 2, 1 = 3
Jase – 1, 2 = 3
Alex – 2, 3 = 5
Caedus = 0
CC – 3, 3, 1 = 7
Donny – 2, 1, 1, 2 = 6
Kamikaze – 2 =2
SithBot – 1 = 1
GG – 2, 3 = 5
Blemelisk – 1 = 1

spryguy1981 pulls through with a resounding win at 15 points. You are up to bat on selecting the theme for week 51. Hmm, week 51, area 51...aliens...Fringe?